• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

AReed

No, I bought that with my gambling winnings. I swear.

200_s.gif

Maddocks

I do races because its easy money and it helps so I can actually buy stuff for my car. I dont want a bucket, i want to buy stuff for it to make it own.

it says i 'got max rp for the race' after 1.5 laps every time lol

i'm sick of beating people in short races. i want to do gta races and shit but there's never enough people around/people just want to do the same shit over and over. i'll take anybody on in any class!

I wanna know WHY THE FUCK they got rid of modes like COPS N' CROOKS ? 0_o There is nothing to do in this game online besides racing, parachuting, DM, TDM and extremely repetitive NPC jobs. Occasional team vs. team to steal a van or a coke... and that's all :<

Anyone else still stuck waiting for this to get fixed?

jQmCBMth6mYS2_e.jpg

You're not able to connect? It's been fixed for about almost 2 weeks now. Friday Oct 4 was the turning point for me on XBox... Had some issues, but been pcompletely stable since, say, Sunday the 6th. If you're experiencing issues you should clear your system cache and make sure your router does not have restrictive settings.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I wanna know WHY THE FUCK they got rid of modes like COPS N' CROOKS ? 0_o There is nothing to do in this game online besides racing, parachuting, DM, TDM and extremely repetitive NPC jobs. Occasional team vs. team to steal a van or a coke... and that's all :<

There is the one mini game called "Try to stay connected Asshole" that I keep losing at. Oh, and another fun one called "Cloud services unavailable" along with "Network Timeout" I don't understand the objective though.

Grimsen

Fuck,my GAF Bay crew rank reset to 1?

Wtf, I bought the car emblem just yesterday.

Keep it up, Rockstar, and you're gonna lose all the goodwill the single player brought you.

edit: rebooting the xbox seems to have fixed it in-game, but not on the social club.

Foffy

Banned

I assume more is coming. Heists will be a new mission type in a few weeks, no?

AReed

I just took a helicopter and picked up a random dude who just robbed a store and had three stars and helped him escape the cops. I then proceeded to drop him off next to his car.

Then I went over to the docks to some random dude who just delivered the special car to Simeon. I picked him up and flew him to the city because that drive is a bitch.

Both thought I was going to kill them. I then landed the helicopter on a helipad and rode off into the sunset.

I don't think I'm playing this game right.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Fuck,my GAF Bay crew rank reset to 1?

Wtf, I bought the car emblem just yesterday.

Keep it up, Rockstar, and you're gonna lose all the goodwill the single player brought you.

edit: rebooting the xbox seems to have fixed it in-game, but not on the social club.
Yeah the Social Club is still fucked and out of date, but it'll be correct in-game. I've been having the same issue with NGTT, where it takes 2-3 days for it to properly update on the Social Club site.

This must be part of the game that I don't know about because I can't find anything bout it anywhere smh.

I guess you missed this

So I had a bizarre encounter with a random last night...

I'm in my apartment, minding my own business. Dude strolls up and starts buzzing me like crazy. At first I ignore it, then I finally give in and buzz him up. I showed him my place, we had a few drinks, he takes a nap in my bed, we take a shower together, etc. Then I'm all like, okay, enough of this, get out of here. Dude does not leave. He proceeds to enter my garage, taking pictures of my cars, watching the TV, messing with my radio. I follow him around and turn the TV off, turn the radio off, then do the flipping off gesture to tell him it's time to go. He doesn't get the message. I realize I've got a squatter on my hands.

0_0.jpg

(Under that hockey mask, I am not amused.)

I leave my apartment. Surely this will boot him from the apartment as well, right? No, he's still in there. So I walk over to his car, which he rudely left on the steps to my apartment. I can't get in it, so I blow it up. Still he does not leave my apartment. So I jump in my Patriot and decide to leave. I get a few streets away when I notice he finally left my apartment. This is when I decide to take vengeance on the squatter. I head back to find him standing outside my apartment on the sidewalk. I proceed to smash him with the Patriot. Feeling all is well and good, I proceed to leave when I notice another player approach the squatter and begin to harass him as well. So I turn around and head back to help with the harassment. I proceed to run the squatter over several more times, taking joy with every splat.

So what did we learn today, folks? Squatters, just like snitches, get stitches.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Who thought it was a good idea to allow people to shoot at each other while in a parachute mission.

Also, got a Simone car today, took it to the body shop, spent respray and repair charges. Got killed when I got out then was kicked for no reason. I came back into another game and it said I was a bad sport.

Fix that fucking shit rockstar. Lame way to grief people.

Foffy

Banned
Who thought it was a good idea to allow people to shoot at each other while in a parachute mission.

Also, got a Simone car today, took it to the body shop, spent respray and repair charges. Got killed when I got out then was kicked for no reason. I came back into another game and it said I was a bad sport.

Fix that fucking shit rockstar. Lame way to grief people.

The Simeone shit gets really bad. Despite respraying it, players still know you have the car. This has led to fucking Pay n' Spray camping, waiting for the person with the car to come out.

They did not think the Simeone hunts through, I think.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
This is the dumbest thing, especially because the enemy AI is ridiculously good at 1-shotting you from a mile away. Seriously, is there even a difference between normal and hard mode? If there is, I'm not seeing it. Every enemy is an expert tactical military sniper that can kill in 1 or 2 shots. Body armor might as well be paper. We need those defend-able spots or they need to nerf the enemies aim and/or damage.

Agree 100%. This is pretty much my only gripe with the game right now. This and the temperamental friend join/invite system in Freemode. Trying to join a friend's lobby, getting kicked for some reason and then warned for being a bad sport is inexplicable.

But 20k is just the cash reward for completing the entire sequence. You need to take into account the extra RP you can make during the Job itself, from killing enemies (25 RP per pop), and also the fact that you can get some pretty good weapons and ammo from enemy drops. Free body armor too. This makes the final waves pretty valuable, especially when you can grab stuff like higher end rifles, grenades, and rocket launchers.

If you quit back to Freemode after Survival, you keep the weapons/ammo for that session (regardless of what wave you ended on). However afaik, when you switch session or quit the game, you lose those weapons if you haven't actually bought them at Ammunation. For example, if you buy at least 1 grenade and pick up 5 more during a Survival, then go back to Freemode, I'm pretty sure you get to keep them.

Thanks for your reply from before btw. I guess it's been established that we all have different levels of "fun" and expected different things from this beast. Hopefully all the niggles will be ironed out in time, as R* have had a lot on their plates during this first month. The stimulus pack will indeed be a nice way to keep everyone relatively happy for a couple more weeks or so while they sort things out.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
"Bad sport rating
The Simeone shit gets really bad. Despite respraying it, players still know you have the car. This has led to fucking Pay n' Spray camping, waiting for the person with the car to come out.

I'm not even really mad for the killing. I'm more pissed because I got a "bad sport" rating due to the host kicking me in a mission. It was an obvious setup, I did nothing wrong and got kicked right as I got killed in my car.

Not going to do anymore of those missions until this is fixed.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Free high level weapons which you can't buy yet is incredibly valuable to me though. It's not about how much it's "worth" in the game rather that how much it's worth to me in value because after doing a full round of Survival with friends, I have a ton more fun messing around in all over modes in the next couple of hours. It might be gone when I log off, but I still got to use something enjoyable in the time I spend playing the game.

I don't enjoy racing much in GTAO, mostly because I find the races way too restrictive in terms of what you can use, etc. If the Content Creator were out, I could have more fun with it. Not digging what's available right now.

Agree. Getting a sniper rifle from Survival then camping on a hill across from a store sniping players car tyres while they are inside robbing it is fucking gold! Never have I laughed so much watching them try to escape the police.

Man exams and stuff have had me so busy I haven't had a chance to play this in a day or two. Having withdrawals haha

Same here. I haven't played in like 4 days. Last one is tomorrow morning, but I have a huge backlog I want to play as well now that we're a month away from the PS4. Goddamn these first world problems!

Shadownet

Banned
Is there a thread somewhere that have a list of people on Xbox and PS3 that play GTA 5?

I need some more people to play with, some of my friends who do play GTA 5 quit because they keep losing characters.

So yeah: Add me on PS3.

ShadownetX

I like to do Criminal Records race, but other missions too. Trying to get to level 100.

GQman2121

Banned

This is so true. Simeone always wants the cars to go to the docks. It would be much better if the drop location was randomized and only appeared on the map to the person who is in the car. If someone wants to take it, that's fine, but they have to come to you to do it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I was in that room with you Red Pants. I was watching you beat up random pedestrians and stuff. I also heard that same confusion. I guess people are being nice now that they can get easy money. Giving it away to random people. The amount of money you can get is crazy and so easy with the bugatti glitch.

hahahah, glad i wasn't hearing things then.

for some reason, the most fun i've had online was going around killing random pedestrians and then running away from police on foot.

i'm sure it'll get old, though. i feel like i'm playing GTA3 again, i hadn't done the "random destruction/killing" stuff since 3 and Vice City.

what if you could be a gun/driver for hire in heists? Like, you can choose a specialty nad you'll get invites to lobbies with spots open for a driver/gunman/hacker/ninja depending on what you pick. The better you do, the more cash the mission gives out and you get a higher cut.

I have, though, but it still says that I don't have any crew RP.

Try piloting a vehicle with crew members during missions. Any time I received a crew level notification was when I was flying people places.

Ploid 3.0

hahahah, glad i wasn't hearing things then.

for some reason, the most fun i've had online was going around killing random pedestrians and then running away from police on foot.

i'm sure it'll get old, though. i feel like i'm playing GTA3 again, i hadn't done the "random destruction/killing" stuff since 3 and Vice City.

The way missions in this mode aren't full of scripted events and allow you to tackle them how you want was what I liked about GTA Online. And now they are controlling them, nerfing survival strategies, and who knows how they will funnel people to play the way they want people to play next. Even with all the stuff they are doing, I think I like GTA Online more than the SP. Just the ability to play overseer and punish the trolls from my tower makes it worth messing around in.

Grisby

So when that cash thingy drops which apartment should I go for? Don't care so much about garage space but I wouldn't mind something high up. Or something overlooking the beach.

Any suggestions?

Gorillaz

So when that cash thingy drops which apartment should I go for? Don't care so much about garage space but I wouldn't mind something high up. Or something overlooking the beach.

Any suggestions?

10 car garage have the heist room. At least make sure thats taken care of. I do wish they would have made a beach home with 10 cars because the one I have by the beach is only 6 with no window view :/

Foffy

Banned
This is so true. Simeone always wants the cars to go to the docks. It would be much better if the drop location was randomized and only appeared on the map to the person who is in the car. If someone wants to take it, that's fine, but they have to come to you to do it.

I think I've only finished that type of mission once. Every other time had people camping me at the Pay n' Spray before I could even get away. It often involves me returning the favor.

What people don't realize when camping and waiting for the player to get X distance away, Sticky Bombs are still planted. If you're going to camp me over the car, there won't be no fucking car. :3c

Grisby

10 car garage have the heist room. At least make sure thats taken care of. I do wish they would have made a beach home with 10 cars because the one I have by the beach is only 6 with no window view :/
No window? Damn, sounds like a missed opportunity.

I think I've only finished that type of mission once. Every other time had people camping me at the Pay n' Spray before I could even get away. It often involves me returning the favor.

What people don't realize when camping and waiting for the player to get X distance away, Sticky Bombs are still planted. If you're going to camp me over the car, there won't be no fucking car. :3c

Just say to hell with it and purchase an ignition bomb. If they do kill you, they'll likely not realize the high-priority vehicle icon has vanished, immediately get in and boom

Speaking of LSC

0_0.jpg

I wish there was something you could do while in there, even if it was just climb on top of people's cars while they're inside.

Foffy

Banned
Just say to hell with it and purchase an ignition bomb. If they do kill you, they'll likely not realize the high-priority vehicle icon has vanished, immediately get in and boom

Speaking of LSC

0_0.jpg

I wish there was something you could do while in there, even if it was just climb on top of people's cars while they're inside.

I didn't have that option unlocked. What does it do? Is it like 8-Ball's bomb in GTA III where after it's activated that the next person to enter the car causes it to explode?

I didn't have that option unlocked. What does it do? Is it like 8-Ball's bomb in GTA III where after it's activated that the next person to enter the car causes it to explode?

I believe so. I wish there were missions that made use of it. LSC should be available during missions, but nope.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The way missions in this mode aren't full of scripted events and allow you to tackle them how you want was what I liked about GTA Online. And now they are controlling them, nerfing survival strategies, and who knows how they will funnel people to play the way they want people to play next. Even with all the stuff they are doing, I think I like GTA Online more than the SP. Just the ability to play overseer and punish the trolls from my tower makes it worth messing around in.

oh, are you just spectating everyone from your apartment?

Good few games tonight jellybean and scaregoat, wish we could have got some more $25000 missions though.
Yeah, that was tons of fun. Probably the best session of missions I've had yet. It's definitely way better when we all have mics. I've been playing pretty much every night after worksince launch so I'm always up for doing some high paying missions. I'm sure we could get through that Base Invaders mission faster now that we've done it a few times and finally made it through it.

Foffy

Banned
Also, I have a small question. I know flying under the bridge and stunt jumps are in Online, but they're really only counted as XP boosters, not under-the-hood requirements like in all 3D GTA games, right? Outside of some car unlockables, at least.

EDIT: Found my answer. The Under the Bridge stuff is only for XP, but GTAO does tally doing stunt jumps. I can only imagine how nightmarish they are without Franklin's assists and in a game with at least 15 other dudes.

Top Bottom