• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Yeah, that was tons of fun. Probably the best session of missions I've had yet. It's definitely way better when we all have mics. I've been playing pretty much every night after worksince launch so I'm always up for doing some high paying missions. I'm sure we could get through that Base Invaders mission faster now that we've done it a few times and finally made it through it.

Good few games tonight jellybean and scaregoat, wish we could have got some more $25000 missions though.

Great games! (I'm ScareGoat).

Haven't had that much fun doing missions before. I'm down for more; I also play every night after work.

Ur supposed to go off the radar anytime u use the pay n spray. Play smart.

Hit it 30 seconds b4 u enter the pns and no one will notice till ur on ur way out

I do same when leaving apartment or basically any situation where ur a sitting duck. Do it.

uberluigi

Banned
Bad sport server is hell on earth, everyone is killing each other, police helicopters chasing players all over the city and this one guy was wrecking havoc in the streets with a tank! I died soo many times, I had like $20k in the bank and it was all gone in a matter of seconds...

Bad sport server is hell on earth, everyone is killing each other, police helicopters chasing players all over the city and this one guy was wrecking havoc in the streets with a tank! I died soo many times, I had like $20k in the bank and it was all gone in a matter of seconds...
This actually sounds amazing, aside from being cut off from friends

Spawn at house.

"Bad sport rating

I'm not even really mad for the killing. I'm more pissed because I got a "bad sport" rating due to the host kicking me in a mission. It was an obvious setup, I did nothing wrong and got kicked right as I got killed in my car.

Not going to do anymore of those missions until this is fixed.

That is a real stinker.

On a tangent I decided to kill some guy who was stalking me. First he was waiting outside my apartment. I pull out of the garage and he is gunning for me. (He is at the apartment doors buzzing me). BTW I don't know the guy.

So I leave the garage he he starts following me. I take no action against him. Figure he is just trying to get my attention for whatever reason. I go to a clothing store and he is camping outside. Luckily I have my personal vehicle right at the entrance and I speed away while he is shooting at me.

He still insist on following me and becomes more violent. Starts shooting at me and trying to run me off the road. He generally wrecks my vehicle. Fine this guy is gunning for me.

I speed across the map in my fast car leaving him in the dust. I pull into a Los Santos Customs. Eventually he catches up to me. And waits outside for me for about 5 minutes. He apparently intent on killing me for no reason.

I repair my vehicle and get bulletproof tires and armor. While I leave Customs he is shooting at me. I shoot out his tires and get to some cover around the backside of the shop. He proceeds to follow me not knowing I have set up a sticky bomb knowing that he will fall into my trap.

I blow up his vehicle get warned about bad sport and continue to grief the shit out of him at long range with my sniper rifle. I also pay Lester for no dot on radar. Now he is on the run...

I continue hunting him until he leaves session.

Fuck that guy!

uberluigi

Banned
This actually sounds amazing, aside from being cut off from friends
It was at first but I wanted to do missions to make money but no one wants to join and I can't join my crew or friends so that sucks. Buying guns or clothes is hard too when people are chasing you down and always gotta watch your back
Spawn at house.
Once I joined a server I died like 10 seconds later, went to passive mode so I can walk to my apartment but fuckers kept running me over and I died! I didn't know you can still die by cars while in passive mode.

GavinGT

Banned

Do you remain a bad sport indefinitely it you act unsporting in the bad sport servers?

dreamfall

I just wasted a lot of money on a Super Diamond Drop. Ah, well.

I just like cruising about- but switching back to single player, I felt like the world was seemingly more vibrant there. Car customization isn't that expensive, all the crew members are multimillionaires, they speak occasionally... I don't know!

I needed crew to do missions with, or something! Maybe tomorrow.

Ploid 3.0

hahahah, glad i wasn't hearing things then.

for some reason, the most fun i've had online was going around killing random pedestrians and then running away from police on foot.

i'm sure it'll get old, though. i feel like i'm playing GTA3 again, i hadn't done the "random destruction/killing" stuff since 3 and Vice City.

Requote, I just logged in and noticed somebody gave me 7.8million dollars!!!! what the crap.....................

I'm going to be banned for sure now. I did a little of the motorcycle thing but man this guy want's me banned. I have too much money now. CRAP

cbWarDT.jpg

xBladeM6x

Requote, I just logged in and noticed somebody gave me 7.8million dollars!!!! what the crap.....................

I'm going to be banned for sure now. I did a little of the motorcycle thing but man this guy want's me banned. I have too much money now. CRAP

You'll be fine. I know people who've gotten 80 mil + in one go and still are all good.

Imm0rt4l

a little?

Shiiiet, I wish I had a little then.

I don't think Rockstar would hold some guy giving you money against you,but who knows.

Ploid 3.0

a little?

Shiiiet, I wish I had a little then.

I don't think Rockstar would hold some guy giving you money against you,but who knows.

I think the way they give the money is a exploit. They shouldn't be able to give that much in one go. Though the trade money is glitched itself. It's grayed out for a lot of people including myself.

Yeah a few bikes, and some bugatti. Like another gaffer I stayed below 10. I always kept a garage full of balla suvs, still have some. Before doing that I traded them all the time, every 45minutes I check if I'm on. Having a balla tend to make others spawn so I used the new spawns to trade and have mine reappear in my garage. Good system. Probably got 8mil from bugatti and bikes. I had a ton of unlocks so they were big enough trades that I didn't have to do it long. I did look up stuff before doing it though, coupled with waiting on PC version and getting nerfed at every turn. Stopping at 9mil seemed to be the sweet spot. Anything over 10 seemed to draw the attention of Rockstar if rumors are true.

Also history, though I know this may be a bigger deal since they want to make money off of card sales.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
So on your stats screen it shows if you have a mic, car, boat, plane, does that mean you can own a spot at the marina for your boat? Has anyone successfully owned a boat yet?

I have an idea that the boat will be relevant for dlc. A mate and I were discussing it as apparently there are reports of a quake hitting Los Santos so imagine a new island emerging or part of LS breaking off.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Had so much fun last night doing co-op missions with Dinger from BritGAF. When you have a crew with a core group of a few good guys, this game is elevated from fun to perfection. Did the Land, Sea, Air mission with just the two of us, a brutal fight to steal the helis, so much fun. And then that mission where you blow up the jets in Zancudo? 25k! woooo!

Started my session off last night with 80k in the bank which I spent upgrading my Fusilade (it's now a beast). 2 hours later I had 80k in the bank again, even after buying shitloads of ammo and explosives and armour. Money troubles? Nope.

GavinGT

Banned
So on your stats screen it shows if you have a mic, car, boat, plane, does that mean you can own a spot at the marina for your boat? Has anyone successfully owned a boat yet?

No, it means you can call Pegasus and they'll deliver your boat to the docks. This is how buying planes works as well.

I don't know what the mic/wireless icon represents, though. Anyone know?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Well... if you have too much and are worried about getting banned, you could always sling a cool mil over to a few honest Gaffers?

/semi-serious - I haven't done any exploiting/glitching. I'd share it with my crew and the trail would go cold!

Share the love. Chuck some my way.

demisec

So uh, I've just been exploded in my personal vehicle after a brief chase trying to get home, and I have to pay for the insurance - so I am assuming my attacker didn't get a 'bad sport' message. This is new to me.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
All money glitchers should be banned (or put into retard servers) no matter if they give the money away or not. But innocent recipients should be safe.

This I decree.

Ploid 3.0

I have been on a 6 win racing streak, it feels so good to be on the edge of winning and actually win. I let people cause their little bumping cars and shoot past them as they spin out.

Ploid 3.0

Well... if you have too much and are worried about getting banned, you could always sling a cool mil over to a few honest Gaffers?

/semi-serious - I haven't done any exploiting/glitching. I'd share it with my crew and the trail would go cold!

Share the love. Chuck some my way.

Are you guys on PS3? When I lose a race I'll be available to trade. If it still isn't grayed out that is. There's a trade glitch.

Edit: I'm sure I won 20 now, only lost once. They are now sending hit men after me going the wrong way. Dodging like a baws.

Lisker

I think if anything is going to get you placed in the cheater pool it will be the 10m in car sales. I think, even with the best car sale of 9.5k, it's impossible to reach that amount since oct 1st with all the downtime it has had.

I think you should be more worried about that than anything else =P.

Kind of burned out on the MP (due to me playing this exclusivley since Oct 1st pretty much) Don't see a need as yet to buy any high end cars. I'll take a few days off and see if that changes my perspective.

Ploid 3.0

I think if anything is going to get you placed in the cheater pool it will be the 10m in car sales. I think, even with the best car sale of 9.5k, it's impossible to reach that amount since oct 1st with all the downtime it has had.

I think you should be more worried about that than anything else =P.

I was prepared for that risk. The extra money might make me stick out is what I'm saying, past the risk I was prepared to take. Used the glitch and had over 10mil.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Are you guys on PS3? When I lose a race I'll be available to trade. If it still isn't grayed out that is. There's a trade glitch.

I am indeed, sir. Same handle as on here.
Are you supposed to be able to trade money at any time? I tried sharing a bounty with friends last night, but could only share a "percentage of last mission". It also had to be cash-in-hand, not from the bank.

Well apparently you CAN stop the train. Friend said he did it, thought he was trolling but he showed me.

Wow, haha! Our crew tried lining up 4-5 cars on the tracks near the freeway, but when the next one came around it didn't even flinch...

Turning our assault to the rest of the freeway was pretty fun, though.

RawNuts

Played my first game of golf online... hole in one.
cmp3YjT.jpg

Finally found a place where bulldozers spawn; I'm on cloud nine, the thing is so much fun.
0_0.jpg

Also discovered a way to dupe cars that some people probably already knew about. Apparently if you're in someone else's personal vehicle when a mission ends, it puts you back in free roam in their car and removes all of the personal vehicle restrictions, so you can store and sell other people's cars as long as they're not expensive, internet-purchased vehicles. I have a Sultan with upgrades on it that sells for $100k.

Top Bottom