• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Dabanton

I wonder if this could be one of the DLC packs? People have been asking for something like this for ages.

0_0.jpg

mack999

Banned
All money glitchers should be banned (or put into retard servers) no matter if they give the money away or not. But innocent recipients should be safe.

This I decree.

What about when the store opens and people buy millions, what's the difference?

This way poor people get a chance to see what it's like to have money. ;o)

KAP151

Played my first game of golf online... hole in one.
cmp3YjT.jpg

Finally found a place where bulldozers spawn; I'm on cloud nine, the thing is so much fun.
0_0.jpg

Also discovered a way to dupe cars that some people probably already knew about. Apparently if you're in someone else's personal vehicle when a mission ends, it puts you back in free roam in their car and removes all of the personal vehicle restrictions, so you can store and sell other people's cars as long as they're not expensive, internet-purchased vehicles. I have a Sultan with upgrades on it that sells for $100k.

Nice.

Dont know if its there in online mode, but in SP there is a monster dump truck at the quarry that towers over everything.

RawNuts

Dont know if its there in online mode, but in SP there is a monster dump truck at the quarry that towers over everything.
There sure is! Though I've only seen them at the quarry one time, but it was spawning a lot of them; haven't seen them spawn since.

bLaiSe

Am I not seeing the crate drops because I wasn't doing Ron's mission when they were first available? I'm lvl 55 now and they still don't send the message when a crate is coming...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I was playing last night and after some BGAF missions/races I was messing around in free-roam, losing money hand over fist through silly deaths when I saw the old "you have more than $5,000" message ping up. I thought it was odd as I had deposited all of my mission money and had not completed any actual activities since so I checked my Maze statement and saw an odd item on there, a deposit from "GTA5-MOD-ITA":

jjo9fEy.jpg

Not sure from who, or how, or why I received this, it shows on my overview stats on the social club:

sQqNhNs.png

But not in the cash tab:

WRVWRI2.png

Weird or what. Anyone have any clues what/who this GTA5-MOD-ITA is?

This is PSN user "GTA5-MOD-ITA" giving you duped cash. He apparently offers cash to people...

Here's a youtube vid, showing the dupe exploit on stores (you can apparently do this on stores as well, robbing them over and over too..) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DShhZM70EiA

Comment:
TXgEASR.png

"If you want 10,000,000 dollars add me on psn: gta5-mod-ita"

:-/

Batigol

Banned
Shit, my car sales on the social club is 9 million :lol

I think it was from that magical car I found and sold that no one has discovered

Fuck this bad sport bullshit. Got put in a bad sport lobby with the dunce cap because on a mission to steal a trailer, some asshole decided to start shooting it because he wanted to drive. So I blew up his car and ran him over. They might as well call the fucking game Grand Upstanding Citizen.

E92 M3

Fuck this bad sport bullshit. Got put in a bad sport lobby with the dunce cap because on a mission to steal a trailer, some asshole decided to start shooting it because he wanted to drive. So I blew up his car and ran him over. They might as well call the fucking game Grand Upstanding Citizen.

They just need to give us a 'fuck around server' for goodness sake.

zma1013

Went into a store to buy some health items and while I was in there, a NPC driver decided it was a good idea to drive into the store and explode. I was stuck in there for a while until another NPC hit part of the wreckage giving me a small hole to drop down through.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

They just need to give us a 'fuck around server' for goodness sake.

Not just that. You shouldn't be penalised for fighting back against some asshole trying to kill you. I shouldn't be labelled as a bad sport and forced to pay insurance because I blew up the car of some fucker chasing me around and shooting my tires.

E92 M3

And friendly fire off server please.

Anyway, some dude just flew a jet into my apartment window lol.

Hahaha - I am assuming it was an accident?

Not just that. You shouldn't be penalised for fighting back against some asshole trying to kill you. I shouldn't be labelled as a bad sport and forced to pay insurance because I blew up the car of some fucker chasing me around and shooting my tires.

Yes, this is GTA and they treat us all like babies in a playpen. I understand the logic, but this Grand Theft Fucking Auto - a game about stealing, killing, and ripping of prostitutes. Why the fuck should we not be able to fight back? Does R* just want us to run back to our apartments and cry to mommy every time we get attacked. I repeat, we're playing Grand Theft Auto here. From what I've read the cheater servers seems to be where all of the fun is at anyway.

I've avoided this thread since I'm on vacation and can't check this out yet. What's the general consensus?

Fun game when playing with friends and has A LOT of potential, but R* needs to give us more variety of missions and the there is a grind to get the good stuff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've avoided this thread since I'm on vacation and can't check this out yet. What's the general consensus?

GAF is full of whining cry babies, glitchers and the occasional poster who is actually playing the game and having a blast :p

Seriously though, there are issues around the economy for players who choose to see it as a problem. Connections seem mostly sorted now though.

It's the most fun I've had online for years and years.

Dysun

Bad Sports should be allowed to play with anybody on private/invite/crew sessions, had a friend get banished to shitsville and we haven't been able to play

Batigol

Banned
I had two plebs chasing me down in a car yesterday. Both of them were shooting me. Ain't nobody got time to aim and take out the driver so I just threw a sticky

I'll take the bad sport in that case

Also, it's really fun leaving sticky bombs outside ammunation and the like when people are inside

Acorn

Heh, I'm in a jet avoiding a bounty at the sky limit and I don't even need to throttle. Been gliding for the last 10 mins with no altitude loss.

I don't post his often but:

In sp there are naked cultists in the mountains. As punishment for glitching they should just replace the mp character bodies with the naked old man body. Ban them from clothes for a week or two. As well as take their money and whatever cars they have maxed out with mods. Races are seriously unbalanced now because the host has bought the most expensive super car and modded it fully with glitched cash.

shermas

Had a couple good races with some other BGAFers last night... good times. For all the griping, I think the online game is pretty well put together.

Earning money can be tedious, but I love the racing and you can make some pretty good cash on some of the tracks.

Falt

I think the way they give the money is a exploit. They shouldn't be able to give that much in one go. Though the trade money is glitched itself. It's grayed out for a lot of people including myself.

Trading cash for me has been greyed out for a while but I figured it was implemented by R* to stop the "laundering" of illicit glitch money.

I can't find anything online, is it a bug or was it implemented? Can anyone here give money to other players outside of sharing a job?

E92 M3

In sp there are naked cultists in the mountains. As punishment for glitching they should just replace the mp character bodies with the naked old man body. Ban them from clothes for a week or two. As well as take their money and whatever cars they have maxed out with mods. Races are seriously unbalanced now because the host has bought the most expensive super car and modded it fully with glitched cash.

Ah, didn't know about the whole cultist thing -- makes more sense now.

In terms of races, I only encountered people using standard cars and not custom ones. It would be nice to use my personal vehicle every now and then.

shermas

Ah, didn't know about the whole cultist thing -- makes more sense now.

In terms of races, I only encountered people using standard cars and not custom ones. It would be nice to use my personal vehicle every now and then.

Most of the races I join don't seem to allow custom cars. From time to time, I've come across motorcycle races that allow custom bikes.

Batigol

Banned
Catch-up in races is such a crock of shit.

I won't even play a race with that bullshit. Slipstream is just as bad and you can't even turn it off

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Requote, I just logged in and noticed somebody gave me 7.8million dollars!!!! what the crap.....................

I'm going to be banned for sure now. I did a little of the motorcycle thing but man this guy want's me banned. I have too much money now. CRAP

It would be pretty shitty of them to ban you for something that was out of your control. To be on the safe side I would create a support case and not spend any of the monies.

The Los Santos money glitchers should absolutely be dunce hatted and grouped all together in a 1 percenter server.

pringles

It takes more than the occasional instance of blowing someone's car up though. Otherwise I'd be a bad sport, but I've gotten the 'good sport' reward multiple times. Be honest, you've done more than that haven't you? :p

Most of the races I join don't seem to allow custom cars. From time to time, I've come across motorcycle races that allow custom bikes.

Well, last night it seemed in every five races, three were boring bastards farming the same 1 lap race continuously that would or would not kick you for winning, one was hosted by a glitcher, with fully modded car (probably doing the same race over and over) and with any luck the other would be a room of normal racers just enjoying racing.

The obsession with leveling as quick as possible is ruining my experience. They should remove the replay option for public rooms.

E92 M3

Well, last night it seemed in every five races, three were boring bastards farming the same 1 lap race continuously that would or would not kick you for winning, one was hosted by a glitcher, with fully modded car (probably doing the same race over and over) and with any luck the other would be a room of normal racers just enjoying racing.

The obsession with leveling as quick as possible is ruining my experience. They should remove the replay option for public rooms.

R* designed this game to be a grind and most of the cool stuff is locked behind levels - therefore a breeding ground for people to min/max certain jobs. Give it sometime and I'm sure everything will be balanced out.

Ted

This is PSN user "GTA5-MOD-ITA" giving you duped cash. He apparently offers cash to people...

Comment:
TXgEASR.png

"If you want 10,000,000 dollars add me on psn: gta5-mod-ita"

:-/

Thanks for posting that.

It makes some sort of sense now! I sent him/her/it a thank you note on PSN as regardless of the source of the cash it was a nice, and unsolicited, gesture.

educator

Hey Gaffers,

This question has probably been asked before, so I apologize if thats the case.

I¨m having a hard time making money, and I don't really know how to accumulate more money in less time. I do occasional races, but I still prefer doing missions. I sell cars, but they usually only gives me about 5-9K.

I have about 45K now, but thats because i'm trying not to spend any of it.

So, any tips or tricks on how to gain money in a not-so-time-consuming-way?

Arcteryx

Hey Gaffers,

I¨m having a hard time making money, and I don't really know how to accumulate more money in less time. I do occasional races, but I still prefer doing missions. I sell cars, but they usually only gives me about 5-9K.

Races are probably the easiest way to make legit quick money atm. If you have someone to trade wins with it's even easier.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey Gaffers,

Another way is to grab the "Baller" SUV and sell them to Los Santos customs it pays 9k every 45 minutes or so.

Top Bottom