• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Yeah but if they at all close and on foot it locks on in normal servers.

Don't play with aim assist then. It honestly ruins the game for me.

With free aim, the gameplay somewhat closely approximates real life. With aim assist, you can nail a guy driving 80 MPH from a hundred yards away. It's ridiculous.

It should be free-roam and competitive modes no lock-on but co-op missions lock-on.

Exactly. Or just lower the difficulty of co-op missions for people who choose free aim. It's like we're getting punished for that choice.

I wonder if we will ever be able to buy GTA $?

May as well just cheat like everyone else, they best bring the price down if they let people off with cheating.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Those god damn security trucks, of the however many I've come across and blown open, maybe 50% haven't dropped anything at all, so while some rp is nice and all I do kind of want the money.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well apparently you CAN stop the train. Friend said he did it, thought he was trolling but he showed me.

It is still a god damn annoyance that we can't drive them outside of the SP missions, I mean, really Rockstar, any vehicle in the game at this point we should be able to drive. Including the huge cargo plane seen in SP, there's a strangers and freaks mission involving one too and to be able to do that online would be simply awesome.

I really don't know why Rockstar continues to put things in the game then not let us use it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
It happened again last night...

random people joining my INVITE ONLY game session

wtf

demisec

You both have to pay. Your attacker pays a small fine for blowing you up, and you also have to pay whatever the insurance cost is.

I never had it happen that I had to cover the entire insurance whenever a player blew up my ride - especially with me in it. For what it's worth, I think this guy molotov'd me. The message was 'xxXdickhedXxx torched demisec'. Probably the fire killed me first in my car, then it blew up during my respawn. But since I had to pay the entire insurance, I don't know if he got a bad sport-rating for it, and I suspect that he didn't. I just got the default message that you get when your vehicle gets destroyed and that I had to pay the fee.

todahawk

wtf

jesus christ what is up with this!? and i can't figure out how to kick them...

re: $$$ cards
I'll be curious to see what R* does with glitchers and their rationale because imbalance can't be the issue if I can plop down $100 dollars in real life and get X amount in game.
Sure glitchers aren't 'earning' it but neither are people buying cards. One is sanctioned and one is not.

Ploid 3.0

wtf

Did you do a job and come back to the free roam with people in it or did they straight up join your free roam while you were just messing around with 0 cloud zoom out?

Sometimes after you do a race or any of the different types of jobs you will be spit back into a open room.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Is there a website which tells you where to be located before starting a mission so you're close instead of across the map?

I have a few memorized, but I hate having a mission pop up on the phone that is 4000m away and not being able to refresh that mission distance.

edit: lol I just checked again and it seems the distance does change. wtf. I swear a few days ago this wasn't happening. I still want a site to make it easier.

Symphonia

Banned
So, for some reason or another, I just got placed into a 'Bad Sport' lobby - and I loved it. OK, there's a little bit too much griefing going on for my liking but there's so much action compared to the 'Good Sport' lobbies. For example, there's always some sort of chase going on with a shitload of gunfire or people 'joining up' to do some small heists on stores then turning on each other once their backs are turned. Compare that to a 'Good Sport' lobby where everybody follows the law.

Like I said, though, there is a bit too much griefing. So for that reason alone, I prefer the 'Good Sport' lobby.

Arcteryx

hahaha I just got in a 1v4 fight with some people in the IGN crew.

Was hiding on the tallest building downtown with a sniper rifle picking them off. Finally they got in a chopper and came to get me but I sticky bombed it and base jumped off the building. Then we got into a huge firefight with Mercs and bounties...holy shit.

Tawpgun

hahaha I just got in a 1v4 fight with some people in the IGN crew.

Was hiding on the tallest building downtown with a sniper rifle picking them off. Finally they got in a chopper and came to get me but I sticky bombed it and base jumped off the building. Then we got into a huge firefight with Mercs and bounties...holy shit.

Shit if I was available I would have come for backup.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Speaking of bicycles, do they take up a space in your garage then? I know they are put on the wall in the high end apartment garages, but does that mean needing to get rid of one of the 10 vehicles already in there?

Acorn

Speaking of bicycles, do they take up a space in your garage then? I know they are put on the wall in the high end apartment garages, but does that mean needing to get rid of one of the 10 vehicles already in there?
I think I read they don't count. Not 100% on it though.

tehPete

Banned

In the high-end garages, you can have at most three pushbikes on top of the 10 motor vehicles - even though there's racks for upto six bikes on the wall.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I think I read they don't count. Not 100% on it though.
In the high-end garages, you can have at most three pushbikes on top of the 10 motor vehicles - even though there's racks for upto six bikes on the wall.

That's awesome, cheers, guys, will definitely pick up 3 to put on my wall.

Can anybody explain what purpose the Job Points serve?

They don't do anything yet, I wouldn't be surprised if you need so many to do a "job", as in, something like a heist or bigger missions with people with bigger rewards.

Acorn

My game keeps restarting whilst doing missions, when it reboots it says "The game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device where the game data was installed"

I've deleted the patch but it's still happening, anyone have any ideas?
I was wondering why you kept dropping. No clue mate.

tehPete

Banned
My game keeps restarting whilst doing missions, when it reboots it says "The game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device where the game data was installed"

I've deleted the patch but it's still happening, anyone have any ideas?

Can you check the drive for errors? Also, good luck.

Symphonia

Banned
Man, I love it when you're in the middle of a chase and you accidentally clip a wall and your car does some sort of somersault or barrel roll and you land it perfectly. You never intended to do that shit but you're glad it happened.

duckroll

when we getting the 250k this week?

is it just me or do cars handle a bit different vs sp? Your car can be quite beaten up and still drive ok.

Dunno, hopefully before the weekend. I want to buy my Voltic!

Yeah the handling does seem a bit different. I've seen people drive around cars which would normally just be scrap by that point in SP. The deformation can be pretty weird too, since cars start to look totally different when they're totally crushed up. Lol.

Any news on when new content is going to drop?

I think the only thing said about that was this at the end of the Stimulus blog post.
Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we’re working on for this fall and beyond.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this
Hopefully there will be blog post about with a content schedule soon. They mention new content for this fall so I have to imagine something has to be announced/released somewhat soon.

You mean challenged, not punished. Kinda the point, I thought.

Yeah, which is good to a certain extent, but when it means some missions are prohibitively difficult on free aim, it becomes a problem. It definitely seems like Rockstar developed missions with aim assist in mind.

I mean, playing with randoms on Survival or certain missions is just brutal with free aim. I might be able to hold my own okay out there, but some randoms are just incompetent.

Acorn

Foffy

Banned
Does anyone know of the name of the texted mission where you have to take and deliver the Shamal? That and the briefcase mission are the only two I had to quit and not finish. I don't think the game sends you them on its own if you leave, so I have to manually request it I guess.

Top Bottom