• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Reule

Wish there was animals in MP but if it's too much for the game to handle online then I understand. I really miss hanging out with friends and then randomly getting mauled by a cougar.

These three guys were all in tanks during free roam last night, the entire room was trying to destroy them. A friend of mine and I ended up blowing two of them up but they ended up just getting another couple of tanks. I think I went through 20K worth of medical bills during the whole thing. Tanks move really fast and it's not too much fun to be the on opposite end of.

Had the most hilarious and crazy GTA moment an hour ago or such. I logged on as someone was inviting me to do a Lester mission where we had to steal a plane and deliver it to the Sandy Shores airport.

As we end the mission I spawn at the airport itself and notice that theres a Buzzard helicopter there. I steal that shit and go flying for a while as I notice a red dot racing through the trafic in the highway just next to me. This dudes bounty was going to go to me.

So I head out to the highway and we proceeded with an about 1 min long chase with me firing missiles next to his car while he trying to dodge them and the traffic as I was following him.

It ended with me landing a perfect missile just in front of his car and me getting the bounty. I litteraly laughed out loud and thought that that's why I love GTA.

This game is too fun.

Acorn

Wish there was animals in MP but if it's too much for the game to handle online then I understand. I really miss hanging out with friends and then randomly getting mauled by a cougar.

These three guys were all in tanks during free roam last night, the entire room was trying to destroy them. A friend of mine and I ended up blowing two of them up but they ended up just getting another couple of tanks. I think I went through 20K worth of medical bills during the whole thing. Tanks move really fast and it's not too much fun to be the on opposite end of.
Call a mugger. Pulls them out the tank.

GQman2121

Banned
There's nothing worse than being confronted by someone in a shitty car, which you blow up in self defense, only for it to turn out to be their personal vehicle. Happened three times last night.

Can anyone confirm that declining a one on one challenge from someone you kill effects your good sport rating? I hear if you continually decline you can be tossed in with the bad sports.

todahawk

Had the most hilarious and crazy GTA moment an hour ago or such. I logged on as someone was inviting me to do a Lester mission where we had to steal a plane and deliver it to the Sandy Shores airport.

As we end the mission I spawn at the airport itself and notice that theres a Buzzard helicopter there. I steal that shit and go flying for a while as I notice a red dot racing through the trafic in the highway just next to me. This dudes bounty was going to go to me.

So I head out to the highway and we proceeded with an about 1 min long chase with me firing missiles next to his car while he trying to dodge them and the traffic as I was following him.

It ended with me landing a perfect missile just in front of his car and me getting the bounty. I litteraly laughed out loud and thought that that's why I love GTA.

This game is too fun.

Snagged a Buzzard the other day when i noticed 3 bounties running around the city, one of them 9K. Every single one made a mad dash for their apartment or an Ammunation and logged off. I did manage to take out another player just as he lifted off with a stolen chopper but was kinda pissed so I decided to terrorize the city. If someone was in an apartment I'd circle strafe the building and hammer it with rockets and machine gun fire. Only one dude stood his ground and I peppered him with rockets before he eventually bailed and ran. So much fun.

waypoetic

Banned
i call this one "the flying boat".

1385606_10151658045697016_344557403_n.jpg

shermas

That mission is amazing...idk how ud hack solo tho i wouldnt wanna try it

I had to take out the two reinforcements, then quickly run to the computer and hack it... terrible. A couple times I had to quit, mid hack, because i was getting shot again.

The hangar was worse...
got killed twice after destroying vehicles, while running to the helicopter to go after the plane

I had to take out the two reinforcements, then quickly run to the computer and hack it... terrible. A couple times I had to quit, mid hack, because i was getting shot again.

The hangar was worse...
got killed twice after destroying vehicles, while running to the helicopter to go after the plane
I've done it solo on hard. there's a limited number of reinforcements that they send.

Imm0rt4l

That mission is amazing...idk how ud hack solo tho i wouldnt wanna try it

hacking solo isn't really a problem, you just clear the area before hand. I seem to always die shortly thereafter on the way to the airport though. It's a great mission.

Speaking of which, I played this mission last night with some gaffers and I was a little salty about how I died. I was ready to head off to the airport, but one guy wanted to stay for reasons unknown to me. springloaded is honking his horn, I'm assuming he was also ready to go and I die as soon as I hop in the passenger seat. My health was green too. smh.

todahawk

I have maxed stealth and I still don't know what this stat does. Also, the flying skill, does having it maxed do anything?

same here on stealth... maybe sneaking on missions but i hate the way AI reacts to silenced weapons. shoot one guy with no one around and the cops come. shoot a guard off on the fringe? entire security force knows instantly.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Did you do a job and come back to the free roam with people in it or did they straight up join your free roam while you were just messing around with 0 cloud zoom out?

I was spamming races by myself for XP and 4 people just randomly joined 10 races in. I quit the race and there was 7 people in my invite only session.

Ploid 3.0

I was spamming races by myself for XP and 4 people just randomly joined 10 races in. I quit the race and there was 7 people in my invite only session.

Yeah when you do races where you host you really have to be on the ball with that Closed vs Open match making option. It likes to be on Open when you want it on closed, and closed when you want it open.

I hate people who dont hop in my 4 seater souped up sedan, instead sit there for 5 mins waiting for mechanic or merryweather meanwhile i get to destination 3mins before them and basically play solo/w one person who did get in my car. 100 race wins, respect my expertise you people -_-. Theres a reason i roll w the 4 seater in missions

Gaz_RB

Anyone play Martin's mission called "Extradition"? just played through it solo, it was crazy fun. Glad to see some more cool missions as I get to a higher level.

santi_yo

Can someone please explain this to me?

OG0oCV8.jpg

931 lvl, insane amount of RP and cash. Oh and a "clean player" tag over there!
KuGsj.gif

Seriously? Rockstar pls.

Imm0rt4l

R* needs to either balance free aim missions or up the payment because fuck they are challenging.

I'd love for them to incentivize the use of free aim by money/rp. It grinds my gears when a friend invites me to auto aim lobbies, I end up begrudgingly joining sometimes....only to find that its death match. why.png

I hate people who dont hop in my 4 seater souped up sedan, instead sit there for 5 mins waiting for mechanic or merryweather meanwhile i get to destination 3mins before them and basically play solo/w one person who did get in my car. 100 race wins, respect my expertise you people -_-. Theres a reason i roll w the 4 seater in missions

Which sedan is that? I want a 4 door sedan for the same purpose (also to live out my Ronin fantasy), but I'm not sure which is best. I think I've got the Ubermacht Oracle in my garage.

Acorn

Which sedan is that? I want a 4 door sedan for the same purpose (also to live out my Ronin fantasy), but I'm not sure which is best. I think I've got the Ubermacht Oracle in my garage.
I want the tailgater, but it's impossible to find. It isn't even at Michaels house, just a shitty fugitive.

Gaz_RB

Can someone please explain this to me?

OG0oCV8.jpg

931 lvl, insane amount of RP and cash. Oh and a "clean player" tag over there!
KuGsj.gif

Seriously? Rockstar pls.

Well his crew's name is "Modder Elites". That is probably a good place to start. I'm sure Rockstar will eventually get to laying down the banhammer.

hacking solo isn't really a problem, you just clear the area before hand. I seem to always die shortly thereafter on the way to the airport though. It's a great mission.

Speaking of which, I played this mission last night with some gaffers and I was a little salty about how I died. I was ready to head off to the airport, but one guy wanted to stay for reasons unknown to me. springloaded is honking his horn, I'm assuming he was also ready to go and I die as soon as I hop in the passenger seat. My health was green too. smh.

That was my breaking point. dude just had to kill that one random guy. I should've just left him way earlier. When I got blown up by the helicopter after clearing out the hangar solo, it was too much. Apologies to my teammates who had to watch all of that for nothing.

R* needs to either balance free aim missions or up the payment because fuck they are challenging.

They're definitely rough.

I've pretty much given up on free-aim sessions. I like the challenge but all of my friends are tired of wasting so much money and ammo fighting AI with pinpoint accuracy at ridiculous range.

Imm0rt4l

That was my breaking point. dude just had to kill that one random guy. I should've just left him way earlier. When I got blown up by the helicopter after clearing out the hangar solo, it was too much. Apologies to my teammates who had to watch all of that for nothing.

It's all good, you played well and almost had it. We should have left the guy a lot sooner.

The exemplar is an awesome sedan, It's really fast. It's my 4 seater of choice.

Tawpgun

I think if I wanna do missions I might switch to auto aim. They were clearly built with auto aim in mind.

If I want to romp in free mode gotta be free aim

The exemplar is an awesome sedan, It's really fast. It's my 4 seater of choice.

Exemplar or Tailgater are the most badass choices.

Hmmmm. Looking at the stats, it seems like the Exemplar is the best 4 seater.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RVMmFCSnZCbEpvcEJXeHdEanc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

However, the Lampadati Felon ain't too far off (half a point less in accelaration and handling), and it can be stolen. So that would save $204k that could be used on upgrades. I don't know, I may go that route.

Arcteryx

Hmmmm. Looking at the stats, it seems like the Exemplar is the best 4 seater.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RVMmFCSnZCbEpvcEJXeHdEanc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

However, the Lampadati Felon ain't too far off (half a point less in accelaration and handling), and it can be stolen. So that would save $204k that could be used on upgrades. I don't know, I may go that route.

I have all 3 and love them pretty much equally, but yes, the Exemplar stats-wise is the best. Can't really go wrong with the other 2 though, especially since you can find them on the street for free(minus the cost of insuring them). If you do go for the Felon, the hard-top variant has visual mods, but the GT variant does not(no hood, exhaust, fender/bumper, etc).

Buy the exemplar. Its cool looking and fast and seats 4. Most ppl have no idea it seats 4 tho so they run around looking for an issi to steal not knowing i have a backseat lol

Deathmatch and lobbies should be freeaim only. Literally no reason for aa in either

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I think one of the things I would like in an update is the ability to change our car placement in our garages, it is a pain having some nice car hidden behind a big one.

Dunno, hopefully before the weekend. I want to buy my Voltic!

That's what I'll be spending my money on too, man, that car, sexy and the soft hum instead of some nasty engine, something I will never understand, so good.

I think one of the things I would like in an update is the ability to change our car placement in our garages, it is a pain having some nice car hidden behind a big one.

That's what I'll be spending my money on too, man, that car, sexy and the soft hum instead of some nasty engine, something I will never understand, so good.
Souped up sabre turbo is music to my ears

Imm0rt4l

Buy the exemplar. Its cool looking and fast and seats 4. Most ppl have no idea it seats 4 tho so they run around looking for an issi to steal not knowing i have a backseat lol

Deathmatch and lobbies should be freeaim only. Literally no reason for aa in either

A thousand times this.

Riggs

Banned

Riggs

Banned
I'm in the GAF The Third Crew, and it always no mics, and auto aim when I'm sent an invite or try and invite people to my server.

Ya fuck that, I am always on mic .... and free aim. So feel free to send me invite if you wanna play! Klipp3d is my PSN name.

Top Bottom