• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Haines

Banned
The people whom are glitching money piss me off just because than they enter a race with the souped up custom car they got from it, etc and just make it harder for the real players to have some wins.

I really hope R* makes an example of the glitchers soon and hard. and no id ont give a crap if you lost your level 30 character. i didnt even play when there were online issues

Ploid 3.0

Easy way I found to earn the best money.

Starting from scratch.
Rob stores until you level up to be offered a free mod job, your first personal car.

Go back to robbing stores until you unlock blue job markers and can enter races. This time trade Baller SUVs (look for the markings on the side, think of them as fish gills or silver stripe) > hummers in that order (they are easier to spot). Try other cars if you aren't finding them. There is a car value list in here somewhere. You can trade a car once every 48 minutes.

Drive to the "Criminal Records" location and join races. Don't join anything over 3 laps, just exit. Don't worry about winning, good money and RP. Stay racing for a while, when the party breaks and it's time to trade a new car go do it.

Do some missions, enough to open up Martin's "Out of Court Settlement" mission. Then spam that by calling him each time (request job). The trick is to get a automatic weapon (since you don't have AP pistol yet use Micro SMG with silencer maybe to prevent too much early attention if you miss him). Drive up behind him when he's at the lights. Oh start the mission and take note of where he spawns on the map. From then on don't activate the mission until you're at that spot. Makes it much easier. Good money and rp. Don't forget to trade cars, rob armored trucks too. Gang wars aren't worth it I find.

Lima

The people whom are glitching money piss me off just because than they enter a race with the souped up custom car they got from it, etc and just make it harder for the real players to have some wins.

I really hope R* makes an example of the glitchers soon and hard. and no id ont give a crap if you lost your level 30 character. i didnt even play when there were online issues

I hope they ban people that buy the cash cards too once they are back online. I mean shit these guys have so much money, they can afford everything.

Arcteryx

Just play in a non-custom car game/host your own. Not a big deal.

You should really complain about the Criminal Records RP "glitch" grinding.

Levels(unlocks) > Money in terms of most damaging to other players

Ploid 3.0

Just join only races without custom cars.

It was easy to get enough money well before the Los Santos Customs glitch. I had a Vacca, Entity, and a heist ready apartment + all guns, full ammo (4k rounds each), and a lot more. The main hurdle for getting those race upgrades is to win the races. People in those races where custom cars are allowed will obviously have the upgrades (not all since they are still working on it most likely) no matter what. It wasn't hard to get the money you needed as long as you didn't mind doing the same mission over even when they removed every sign of repeat mission. The lawyer assassination was quick enough even with the long restart, it also allowed you to speed around since you mostly traveled and hid from the cops easily.

breakfuss

As I've said before, online really has been like the ultimate social experiment. It's easy to be sanctimonious about it when you haven't faced many of the issues others have. As if losing a lvl 30 character is nothing. I'm not condoning anything, but R* sort of created the conditions for some of the deginerate behavior.

oneils

Anyone talk about the changes to the survival maps, yet?

Looks like they introduced an "out of bounds" limit to the maps and eliminated some hiding spots. Seems kind of silly. People were actually playing these maps and not exploiting any glitches. But they choose to make the maps tougher?

I guess "fixing" a map is easier than fixing a system bug. I get that. But it seems strange that they felt that the map needed fixing to begin with. I thought they were fine.

Ploid 3.0

Yep, it was the next thing people was playing to collect money. Races will be next. Criminal Records will be extended to racing in a tunnel, and climbing hills, believe it.

So I've been using and abusing sticky bombs over the last couple days, blown up several player owned cars, got the bad sport warning but have yet to be marked as one. Hmm...

If you quit back to Freemode after Survival, you keep the weapons/ammo for that session (regardless of what wave you ended on). However afaik, when you switch session or quit the game, you lose those weapons if you haven't actually bought them at Ammunation. For example, if you buy at least 1 grenade and pick up 5 more during a Survival, then go back to Freemode, I'm pretty sure you get to keep them.

I got a number of weapons from Survival, didn't have to buy them from Ammu-Nation. The only thing that matters is that you have the level that allows to you to buy it.

I think one of the things I would like in an update is the ability to change our car placement in our garages, it is a pain having some nice car hidden behind a big one.

I'd take just being able to run or at least jog in the damn garage, the slow walk is annoying.

Ploid 3.0

I'd take just being able to run or at least jog in the damn garage, the slow walk is annoying.

Dat immersion > gameplay. A GTA4 designer was over developing apartments. Just one designer, he was low on time to make different looking apartments due to admiring his work too often.

So I've been using and abusing sticky bombs over the last couple days, blown up several player owned cars, got the bad sport warning but have yet to be marked as one. Hmm...

When I blew up that squatter's personal vehicle (from my story a few pages ago), I got no warning, didn't have to pay any insurance (he had the Elegy, so it had insurance), and I got the "Good Sport" reward a few minutes later. Shit is all out of whack.

Ploid 3.0

Seems strange. We were actually playing those maps...legitimately. lol.

People was doing those other missions legitimately outside of blowing up drugs to get 30 seconds Violent Duct runs, and that gif of a guy getting a ton of exp by blowing up 3 security trucks. Doing No Hey Bronco, Violent Duct normal normal clear and deliver the package, and all the others. The replaying the mission again was pretty much the "glitch?"

Survival being made easier by tactically using the environment is the Survival mode's glitch hah. Oh they set up tactical items for the enemies np.

It's like Rockstar didn't consider how effective auto aim would be for exping. They should just disable it for PVE missions and tone the enemies power down. Bullet proof vest melts like nothing. Playing without auto aim is brutal.

oneils

People was doing those other missions legitimately outside of blowing up drugs to get 30 seconds Violent Duct runs, and that gif of a guy getting a ton of exp by blowing up 3 security trucks. Doing No Hey Bronco, Violent Duct normal normal clear and deliver the package, and all the others. The replaying the mission again was pretty much the "glitch?"

Survival being made easier by tactically using the environment is the Survival mode's glitch hah. Oh they set up tactical items for the enemies np.

It's like Rockstar didn't consider how effective auto aim would be for exping. They should just disable it for PVE missions and tone the enemies power down. Bullet proof vest melts like nothing. Playing without auto aim is brutal.

Makes me wonder how the maps created with the content creator will be treated. Will Rockstar have to approve every survival map to make sure it is not too easy? Or will user created maps automatically give less xp and money?

How often do armor trucks appear for everybody else? I saw one show up on the map only once, and when I tried to take it down by blowing the back doors with a sticky bomb no money fell out.

Does it depend on the lvl range of players in the lobby?

Skidd

It would be amusing if whenever they decide to punish the exploiters, the players would be presented with a cutscene where repo men take all of their cars, and they're kicked from their apartment.

Could make it a bit more entertaining while you're at it R*.

Haines

Banned
As I've said before, online really has been like the ultimate social experiment. It's easy to be sanctimonious about it when you haven't faced many of the issues others have. As if losing a lvl 30 character is nothing. I'm not condoning anything, but R* sort of created the conditions for some of the deginerate behavior.

No, they didnt. Rockstar didnt go into GTAO designing its so that the online would fail. Online ALWAYS fails when its ambitious til they have some time to fix what breaks when millions of people join it.

If you played online, when you knew it had serious issues, thats no bodys fault but the player.

and joining a race without custom cars isnt easy. its not like this game has search race settings or something and im not that worked up about it, im just stating that glitchers basically screw over the rest of us in missions and thats why im all for a punishment

and joining a race without custom cars isnt easy. its not like this game has search race settings or something and im not that worked up about it, im just stating that glitchers basically screw over the rest of us in missions and thats why im all for a punishment

Yes, it is. The host sets the rules. Just host the race.

Oh yeah, so that bug that was supposedly fixed where your phone breaks and you can't access the internet and a whole bunch of other stuff messes up doesn't seem to actually be fixed fully. I was doing that Martin mission where you steal a truck from the Ballas, finished it went back into Freeroam, got jumped and while running died. After I re-spawned I got booted and then my stuff stopped working. Affected SP even a save that I hadn't saved to, so I assume it was something that got messed up and was already in the process of breaking until it did since both my auto save and quick save more than 12 hours prior were messed up. Thankfully I had another back up that was from a bit before the time of the other save so I didn't lose anything important as I've not done much in SP since getting 100%. Loaded that save (did try a bunch of other things beforehand) and everything was fine.

Oh and I agree that they need to give people an incentive to use Free Aim, FA is going to be dead before long. Would have been nice if free aim was the default. Of course it'd also be nice if as said a number of times the damn AI wasn't a super snipering machine with ever goddamn weapon.

Free Aim should give more RP, Assist and GTA aim less. Simple as that and let people know because then it'll motivate more to use it.

Oh and I hate trying to shoot with the helicopter, targeting is ridiculous garbage. At the very least when you go into first person you should be able to aim free from moving the damn chopper. Jets are annoying too for similar reasons but at least the guns are easier to use. Missile lock on just seems worthless...

When I blew up that squatter's personal vehicle (from my story a few pages ago), I got no warning, didn't have to pay any insurance (he had the Elegy, so it had insurance), and I got the "Good Sport" reward a few minutes later. Shit is all out of whack.

This dude I was in a 1 on 1 DM with blew up my Entity (I love the fact this car doesn't have a rear window BTW) and I have no idea if he had to pay any insurance but I sure as hell did. I had to kill him a few more times after I won the death match and hope he lost as much money as I had from having to pay nearly 10K to get the car back.

Dat immersion > gameplay. A GTA4 designer was over developing apartments. Just one designer, he was low on time to make different looking apartments due to admiring his work too often.

Sounds accurate to me, I could be more immersed while moving faster than a sloth though.

I might be more cranky due to being sleep deprived, I going to go pass out for a few hours.

Ploid 3.0

No, they didnt. Rockstar didnt go into GTAO designing its so that the online would fail. Online ALWAYS fails when its ambitious til they have some time to fix what breaks when millions of people join it.

If you played online, when you knew it had serious issues, thats no bodys fault but the player.

We didn't know this was a beta until about a week after launch, although Rockstar still won't say it's a beta.

It's the same all around. I usually enter and leave races about 10 times before I find one I'm ok with participating in. It sucks, rockstar isn't good at online apparently.

Arcteryx

How were we supposed to know online had serious issues? It's not like they came out and said "oh by the way, you will probably lose your character, rank, and money"...

And how exactly does glitching "basically screw over the rest of us in missions"?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, which is good to a certain extent, but when it means some missions are prohibitively difficult on free aim, it becomes a problem. It definitely seems like Rockstar developed missions with aim assist in mind.

I mean, playing with randoms on Survival or certain missions is just brutal with free aim. I might be able to hold my own okay out there, but some randoms are just incompetent.

Yeah, it can be frustrating. I'm usually the cause, if i'm honest... Still, when it does go well it's all the sweeter.

Haines

Banned
Then quit bitching.

Or wait keep going. It is hilarious.

You act like Im the first person to complain about GTAO in this thread.

GTAO is great because its GTA, buts bad because its R* doing online. I always knew it was going to have rough bumps at the start, and I always planned on riding the whole process out to see if it becomes rewarding.

The only way the online will become better is if your rank and money etc actually means something. If its just real players against glitchers, it will be nothing more than a waste of time and the whole system it has will be a complete waste.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Just worry about getting the wins on Super Cars because they give wins to all other classes.

Cool, was just checking.

Yea, that to, but that should be a given. GTA5 SP and Online have some really strange mechanic differences, running in your own place not being allowed online is an odd choice when the three main characters can run around theirs. Then theres other stuff, like actually being able to make money on GTAO but if you don't do the stocks with the Lester missions on SP you're pretty boned out of any sort of real money making unless you want to wait and grind the stock market for weeks to months.

All the clothes options between SP and Online too, the quick hold select/back button interface that would have not only saved time, but it would have been nice to choose helmets and other bits and bob for actual player characters.

Just lots of strange options on either side of the game that don't really line up with each other let alone make sense generally.

Haines

Banned
How were we supposed to know online had serious issues? It's not like they came out and said "oh by the way, you will probably lose your character, rank, and money"...

And how exactly does glitching "basically screw over the rest of us in missions"?

What? You mean the statement that they released before it came out, or the thousands of people posting about losing characters and money etc?

I already explained the second sentence multiple times. They have an un-earned edge vs me so they win easier.

Lima

I already explained the second sentence multiple times. They have an un-earned edge vs me so they win easier.

And it is still bullshit.

People that play more than you (so they are a higher level) and buy R* cash cards will also have that advantage. It makes no difference for you how that player acquired the money in the first place.

This rank and money system just shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. It takes out all the fun of GTA 4 free roam.

Arcteryx

What? You mean the statement that they released before it came out, or the thousands of people posting about losing characters and money etc?

Yea the one that said something like "growing pains"? Yea, that's SUUUUPER informative...

And it is still bullshit.

People that play more than you (so they are a higher level) and buy R* cash cards will also have that advantage. It makes no difference for you how that player acquired the money in the first place.

This rank and money system just shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.
It takes out all the fun of GTA 4 free roam.

Exactly.

Well online seems to be stable enough to keep characters and actually play some games.

Had a decent session today...but when is the surplus coming?

I'm level 10 with 40k and every apartment is at minimum 90k.

Selling cars and finding cars for Simeon is netting me more money than I thought but of course, "we dont need new cars right now" or the cars that need to be stolen NEVER spawn

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This rank and money system just shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. It takes out all the fun of GTA 4 free roam.

I disagree, I don't have a problem with progression, but GTAO has done a bunch of things wrong that other games do just fine with, and in fact I like being able to build up from nothing to owning an apartment, it is a shame single player didn't have the same progression for anything really and that owning properties is rather meh. I said it before, but there's a reason why the lowest levels of CoD are the quickest, and that generally an hour in you've unlocked every game mode that everyone can then play together.

The biggest problem generally though is that this system is forced across modes, there simply needs to be a classic GTA Free Roam mode, no apartments, no losing money every time someone kills you, no set car that then makes other people bad players when they destroy it. Just a simple GTA mode, players get put into a map, can do missions together, can just fight it out if they want, but no one gets screwed over, and everyone can choose to be there by choice.

And it goes the other way, I very much believe there should be a Free Roam mode that doesn't have player killing unless you choose to allow someone to do it to you, and not the stupid passive mode that doesn't really work half the time.

Speaking of Crew Emblems, WhatRobEats, you should make the emblem rsfour made NGAF's emblem for a little while at least. I imagine it must have taken him a long time to make it and it's pretty incredible. I mean, look at this shit.
JsHXfgG.png

That deserves at least a few weeks as our emblem.

uberluigi

Banned
How often do armor trucks appear for everybody else? I saw one show up on the map only once, and when I tried to take it down by blowing the back doors with a sticky bomb no money fell out.

Does it depend on the lvl range of players in the lobby?
In the bad sport session it appeared four times and it was chaos, every player was after it lol I was able to take down two.

dyergram

Had my first go at online today for to level 7. I quite like it but nobody seems to want to join the jobs is this the norm seems a shame because they look like they would be fun if everyone joined in. Also are the crews still limited to 300? I wanna be with my gaf bros nah mean.

hexen

Neo Member
i'm in a friend's tank, standing still in the middle of a road. two crew-buddies drive towards me in a sports car, ram me head on, their car explodes, i get a bad sport warning. wtf...

what happens now? it was the first time i ever got this warning. am i safe as long as i don't have that hat forced on?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm online now for an hour or so (ps3). Anyone want to race? I find that I like racing more than anything else.

todahawk

Are you going to feel the same way when R* opens up the store and starts selling cash cards again?

Top Bottom