• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Haines

Banned
Are you going to feel the same way when R* opens up the store and starts selling cash cards again?

No, and I have no idea why you guys are being so thick. GLITCHING and buying money are NOT the same thing.

If anyone wants to buy money on GTA, Im all for it. You are supporting the online and there for supporting the betterment and future of it.

edit: if you want to add me, Im in. mommas_boy

I keep trying Quick race and getting people that do Down the Drain non stop. After 10 races that got old quick. I tried hosting a race, but nobody stays in 1 person race lobbys.

TheJLC

i'm in a friend's tank, standing still in the middle of a road. two crew-buddies drive towards me in a sports car, ram me head on, their car explodes, i get a bad sport warning. wtf...

what happens now? it was the first time i ever got this warning. am i safe as long as i don't have that hat forced on?

You're fine, it's just a warning until you actually do get punished. I've gotten it twice in a session and have not been labeled bad sport. I usually avoid getting any more, just incase it's a three strike rule or something like that.

hexen

Neo Member
You're fine, it's just a warning until you actually do get punished. I've gotten it twice in a session and have not been labeled bad sport. I usually avoid getting any more, just incase it's a three strike rule or something like that.

thanks. i logged off shortly after and got no other bad sport offenses in the meantime.

KAP151

Had my first go at online today for to level 7. I quite like it but nobody seems to want to join the jobs is this the norm seems a shame because they look like they would be fun if everyone joined in. Also are the crews still limited to 300? I wanna be with my gaf bros nah mean.

299 current members, so if you are quick....

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Had my first go at online today for to level 7. I quite like it but nobody seems to want to join the jobs is this the norm seems a shame because they look like they would be fun if everyone joined in. Also are the crews still limited to 300? I wanna be with my gaf bros nah mean.

If you're on PS3 I have room for 1 more in the Gaming Age crew. Check out the OT over in the community section and PM me when you've completed the instructions there.

In a race last night, I finished 1st by around 6 seconds only to be met instantly with "3RD" on-screen. The following Winner screen showed my name and character, and the post-race leaderboard had me sitting at the top. The times were right, I got the correct winnings, and everything seemed ok except for that one screen that shows the finishing position immediately after the checkers.

When my win-loss record updated, +1 loss. Excellent. Thanks for nothing.

Also, the amount of idiots in any given standard race can be infuriating, but avoiding them is starting to become half the fun now that I've earned that $253k apartment with the awesome view. Time to relax and build a collection. Thoroughly addicted.

So where are the clean racing crews? Anyone out there?

I hate people who dont hop in my 4 seater souped up sedan, instead sit there for 5 mins waiting for mechanic or merryweather meanwhile i get to destination 3mins before them and basically play solo/w one person who did get in my car. 100 race wins, respect my expertise you people -_-. Theres a reason i roll w the 4 seater in missions

Imma grip and sip in my own Entity XF.

nah mean

It's become impossible to quick join a race lobby and get a legit race lol. They're mostly Criminal Records races, with other short lap races and Commute occasionally popping up. I wish I could actually get people to join my lobbies when I host a match myself...

Speaking of Crew Emblems, WhatRobEats, you should make the emblem rsfour made NGAF's emblem for a little while at least. I imagine it must have taken him a long time to make it and it's pretty incredible. I mean, look at this shit.
JsHXfgG.png

That deserves at least a few weeks as our emblem.

That is damn impressive,is that supposed to be Keanu Reeves?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Speaking of Crew Emblems, WhatRobEats, you should make the emblem rsfour made NGAF's emblem for a little while at least. I imagine it must have taken him a long time to make it and it's pretty incredible. I mean, look at this shit.
JsHXfgG.png

That deserves at least a few weeks as our emblem.

I have no idea what this is but it's cool looking.

Change the eyes to GAF symbols and we have a new emblem.

In a race last night, I finished 1st by around 6 seconds only to be met instantly with "3RD" on-screen. The following Winner screen showed my name and character, and the post-race leaderboard had me sitting at the top. The times were right, I got the correct winnings, and everything seemed ok except for that one screen that shows the finishing position immediately after the checkers.

When my win-loss record updated, +1 loss. Excellent. Thanks for nothing.

Also, the amount of idiots in any given standard race can be infuriating, but avoiding them is starting to become half the fun now that I've earned that $253k apartment with the awesome view. Time to relax and build a collection. Thoroughly addicted.

So where are the clean racing crews? Anyone out there?

Love doing races but... I've also sort of taken to loving having to void those idiots in the race. People try so hard to take you out and it's so satisfying to watch them fail at it.

torontoml

Had a guy send mercenaries on me then immediately put a $9000 bounty on me as well. Made it to my apartment and he texts me calling me a coward, I texted back thanking him for the 9 grand lol.

It's become impossible to quick join a race lobby and get a legit race lol. They're mostly Criminal Records races, with other short lap races and Commute occasionally popping up. I wish I could actually get people to join my lobbies when I host a match myself...

That is damn impressive,is that supposed to be Keanu Reeves?
That was my guess. Looks like A Scanner Darkly style Keanu Reeves.
I have no idea what this is but it's cool looking.

Change the eyes to GAF symbols and we have a new emblem.

That is a great idea. Do it rsfour! I'm about to hop online in a few minutes. I'm up for doing some races.

Foffy

Banned
Real question here why is High Priority Case unlocked so early in the game? Unless you have been saving your money for a helicopter for the whole game, this mission is nearly impossible. I cite it being unlocked early because you later get the option of hiring a helicopter pickup, which you can just steal, but until then, any attempt on that mission will hopefully have someone with a chopper, or do your best to climb the longest series of ladders in the game, getting shot at, and hoping you make the damn parachute jump to the roof.

Ugh.

AndyVillan

Neo Member
Got my first real revenge on someone tonight.
The guy was continually trying to gun me down and generally grief me but I finally got some distance between us, this is when the fun started...

I went and got a chopper and just started following him round the map, more annoying than anything else when a Simeon high profile car showed up on the map. "Ha Ha!" thought I, flew to a building overlooking the car in the parking area and patiently waited.

Luckily for me (and it was luck!), the first guy there was my stalking victim, I whipped out my sniper rifle and smoked his ass, he respawned, BOOM! That's 2, anyway this time he respawns in passive mode, fine. He gets to the car, pop pop! Both tyres on one side gone, drive now bitch!

He limps off to the pay n spray when an evil plan springs to my normally pleasant mind, so off I fly to Simeone's garage at the port, put a little sticky bomb outside the entrance, hop back in the chopper and ascend to a comfortable viewing height.

"Hmmm who's thus coming round the corner?? Hello old friend, fancy seeing you here!" He pulls up towards the entrance and KABOOM! No more car, 3 nasty deaths and a very happy me.

iFeelgood.gif

Regarding survival, anyone know where to go in the industrial one?

The one with the trainyard in it?

I think the best bet is to have 2 people in the train bed looking in opposite directions, one guy outside near the containers. Never beaten it because we've never been coordinated to do it, always end up with randoms, but I've gotten to level 6 or 7 with randoms in that... so I imagine it could be done easier with coordinated team.

Ooccoo

Online still broken after 2+ weeks. Really disgraceful.

"Can't connect to the cloud servers"
"Failed joining an online session"

What a mess

louiedog

Real question here why is High Priority Case unlocked so early in the game? Unless you have been saving your money for a helicopter for the whole game, this mission is nearly impossible. I cite it being unlocked early because you later get the option of hiring a helicopter pickup, which you can just steal, but until then, any attempt on that mission will hopefully have someone with a chopper, or do your best to climb the longest series of ladders in the game, getting shot at, and hoping you make the damn parachute jump to the roof.

Ugh.

The first time I got the text for that mission I was actually in a helicopter which I happened to be driving by when I got a notification about a crate. I got my crate, loaded the mission, and lost my helicopter. What a bummer.

torontoml

Industrial is the one with the body armor on the 3rd story right?
Something like that, have to climb a ladder to get it. I don't bother trying for that one.

There just doesn't seem to be any real cover from helicopters. Made it to round ten today but three helicopters and a lot of enemies with mini guns makes it almost impossible.

Well that was odd. Just tried to join a race and I got signed out of the PSN then booted to SP.

Guess I'm done for the night.

Thanks. My god that looks like it's going to be awesome. Love the art direction. Fucking amazing.

Not going to be, A Scanner Darkly was released in 2006.

And just to be on topic...How are you all finding crew to group with? Every time I set my crew to GAF Street and hit the "Join Crew Members", I get bounced with no results. Still haven't been able to group up with any NeoGAF folks.

Batigol

Banned
I've pretty much levelled to 37 just through grinding CR

Matchmatching in this game is complete shit

On a positive note; I unlocked the mercenaries which is fun when you set them on random people

Ploid 3.0

Man I hate this first death cutscene. I must have seen it about 15 times. Skip cutscene Rockstar, learn how to include it. Never getting revenge now.

Acorn

Man I hate this first death cutscene. I must have seen it about 15 times. Skip cutscene Rockstar, learn how to include it. Never getting revenge now.
What the Kifflom dude? You still get that? Haven't seen it since day 1.

Oh and I unlocked a bunch of cool missions at level 65, they all pay good too.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I had a really weird but amusing thing happen to me earlier after finishing up on a Survival game on Boneyard. Right at the same time as I entered back into the world and spawned in my car, an NPC smashed into the back of my Sultan at high speed and killed himself. Instead of the car stopping dead, it slammed into reverse at full pelt with the deceased driver slumped over his airbag at the wheel. A friend and I followed it for at least two minutes as it drove off hills and into barriers until it eventually reversed into the prison parking area. At the prison it ran over two guards so NPC prison officers/police started to follow this driverless car around and take pot shots at it. This went on for at least another couple of minutes until the car exploded from the gunfire haha. I really wish I had been able to record it but alas that is a next gen feature.

Ploid 3.0

What the Kifflom dude? You still get that? Haven't seen it since day 1.

Just one time per character. Deleted/vanished characters meant a ton of them though. And depending how good you are at avoiding getting killed by other people they can show up well into your thirties without you realizing that you didn't get it on that character yet.

Batigol

Banned
Yeah I bet it is Walter.

Eventually I will become a Robin Hood type figure where I only kill rich people and protect the lowbies.

For now; it's everyone.

There was a guy in the lobby earlier literally eating his dinner. I could actually hear what he was eating. Bolognese I'd guess... I really wanted to put a bounty on him and/or mercenaries on him, but you can never see who's talking in free roam :(

The one that got away

Something like that, have to climb a ladder to get it. I don't bother trying for that one.

There just doesn't seem to be any real cover from helicopters. Made it to round ten today but three helicopters and a lot of enemies with mini guns makes it almost impossible.

There's a shipping container you can climb up to in th ecorner with a bunch of shipping containers. There's only one opening, so you're pretty safe inside. The only problem is it's hard to shoot out of without completely exposing yourself.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Eventually I will become a Robin Hood type figure where I only kill rich people and protect the lowbies.

For now; it's everyone.

There was a guy in the lobby earlier literally eating his dinner. I could actually hear what he was eating. Bolognese I'd guess... I really wanted to put a bounty on him and/or mercenaries on him, but you can never see who's talking in free roam :(

The one that got away

Go to the list of players and you can see who has the mic on. You can also mute them...

For now; it's everyone.

The one that got away

You can ID people using the mic in free roam. Pause, select online, then players. The people talking will have the flashing sound icon when they talk, so you can figure out who to mute, avoid, report (also available on that screen) or target for eating loudly.

ScRYeD

I was in a cargobob last night on a full server when a high priority car pops up, I was near it so I fly down and grab the car and started teasing people with it. Eventually I got bored so I take it to a pay n spray void of any players drop the car, land, get it fixed and re sprayed. Hopped in the chopper grab the car and thankfully no one thought of camping at simeon, so I fly down there and drop off the car get my money, bank it then start to giggle at my epeen accomplishment.

Acorn

Just one time per character. Deleted/vanished characters meant a ton of them though. And depending how good you are at avoiding getting killed by other people they can show up well into your thirties without you realizing that you didn't get it on that character yet.
Ah ok. I luckily have so far avoided character loss, but yeah cutscenes should be skippable - especially the pointless mission ones.

Batigol

Banned
You can ID people using the mic in free roam. Pause, select online, then players. The people talking will have the flashing sound icon when they talk, so you can figure out who to mute, avoid, report (also available on that screen) or target for eating loudly.

Ahhh why didn't I ask this earlier

Gorillaz

IN one of the corners are are nothing but shipping crates/truck bed type of crates, that are good for hold off people. Also try the walled area to hide.
Yes, NEOGAF The third is ours. PM Isamu Dyson.

cool thanks

torontoml

IN one of the corners are are nothing but shipping crates/truck bed type of crates, that are good for hold off people. Also try the walled area to hide.

cool thanks
Ya that's where I usually go but that last round is just insane with the 3 choppers and numerous mini guns. I was able to take down 2 of the choppers but by then the rest of my team died, and it was just impossible.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm bored with the online of this game. Everything seems so empty, and games are always with about only 3 people.

I've been trying to join both PS3 crews, but one is naturally full and the other seems to be inactive because the admin is not accepting anything. *Sigh*

I want to get my skills up, I want to rank up, and I want to do bloody heists, dammit (yes, I know heists are still not ready, but at least play something interesting meanwhile).

Top Bottom