• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Man, I'm bored with the online of this game. Everything seems so empty, and games are always with about only 3 people.

I've been trying to join both PS3 crews, but one is naturally full and the other seems to be inactive because the admin is not accepting anything. *Sigh*

I want to get my skills up, I want to rank up, and I want to do bloody heists, dammit (yes, I know heists are still not ready, but at least play something interesting meanwhile).

If you don't mind a long friends list, start sending requests to individuals from both crews. My PSN ID is Spring524Loaded. I'm on randomly throughout some days.

RotBot

Man, I'm bored with the online of this game. Everything seems so empty, and games are always with about only 3 people.

I've been trying to join both PS3 crews, but one is naturally full and the other seems to be inactive because the admin is not accepting anything. *Sigh*

I want to get my skills up, I want to rank up, and I want to do bloody heists, dammit (yes, I know heists are still not ready, but at least play something interesting meanwhile).

Do you use free aim? Sadly, the majority of players use aim assist.

i kind of want to put a station wagon in my garage, trick it out with all that i can aside from armor, and then trolling people in freeroam by picking on them and driving away in it, hopefully getting them to get a bad sport mark for blowing up the wagon bc they figured it was just a random car

i kind of want to put a station wagon in my garage, trick it out with all that i can aside from armor, and then trolling people in freeroam by picking on them and driving away in it, hopefully getting them to get a bad sport mark for blowing up the wagon bc they figured it was just a random car

You could go on a family vacation to Sandy Shores.

And it won't be long, and I'll be hatin' you...

Derrick01

Banned
The Heists and extra content cannot arrive quick enough.

You know the heists will just be the same missions as the jobs though. Gun down 800 enemies and escape a multi-star wanted level. Maybe you'll get to fly a heli at one point if you're lucky.

I have a feeling they'll be 1 time missions too to avoid people farming large amounts of money with them.

they should have randomized a lot of shit in missions i think. why does a drug deal always have to take place in one specific alleyway? why not have a few dozen specified and the game pick it at random? would mix things up at least

SnakeEyes

Banned
You know the heists will just be the same missions as the jobs though. Gun down 800 enemies and escape a multi-star wanted level. Maybe you'll get to fly a heli at one point if you're lucky.

I have a feeling they'll be 1 time missions too to avoid people farming large amounts of money with them.
If they're like the ones in the SP where you have to do a couple of missions for prep and then lead into a big one with a massive payoff, then I don't care.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: I really want to play with Gaffers, and I'll probably add you guys, but to be in sync with you is going to be very hard. And since heists require multiple people, hell I don't think I will play those.

Well, that'd be depressing. And I'd surely quit on the MP of this game.

Fucking hell, and they put MP trophies in this?

The bloody rank better be conserved since they seem to consider this a stand alone thing.

Do you use free aim? Sadly, the majority of players use aim assist.

Not anymore, Rockstar certainly didn't learn their lesson with Max Payne 3 multiplayer.

has this been discussed here yet? didn't see any talk about it but it's a much welcome change

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc.../200321016-Upcoming-Change-to-Job-Vote-Screen

This is an official Rockstar announcement concerning a change to the next job vote screen. Due to high demand from the community, we are adding jobs from contacts to the voting screen. This change will be coming soon, but there is not an exact ETA at this time.

Essentially, this means that jobs from Gerald, Simeon, etc will all be available on the voting screen along with races, parachute jumps, and other missions. This feature is being added directly based on feedback from you, our community, so please keep posting your ideas and thoughts on the game. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.

SnakeEyes

Banned
has this been discussed here yet? didn't see any talk about it but it's a much welcome change

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc.../200321016-Upcoming-Change-to-Job-Vote-Screen

This is an official Rockstar announcement concerning a change to the next job vote screen. Due to high demand from the community, we are adding jobs from contacts to the voting screen. This change will be coming soon, but there is not an exact ETA at this time.

Essentially, this means that jobs from Gerald, Simeon, etc will all be available on the voting screen along with races, parachute jumps, and other missions. This feature is being added directly based on feedback from you, our community, so please keep posting your ideas and thoughts on the game. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.
I think this is a great idea. Instead of having to constantly spam the phone calls to get a good mission, I'd love to be able to jump from one mission to another via the Voting screen.

Haines

Banned

Good addition to the mp.

E92 M3

Had a really fun session today after work - the hours just flew by! Being higher level definitely helped me enjoy free roam a lot more. Had a few fun gun fights as well.

akira28

Is it that bad? I arranged to pick this up in a back alley after midnight tomorrow at a reduced price. Now I'm starting to regret that deal.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
motorcycle glitch got weird

a duplicate bike spawns now lol

no not the selling bike trick

post-race motorcycle glitch

Imm0rt4l

I'm all for being realistic, but you really are a negative nancy.

eival

yeah more sweet talk im sure.

you still wont be able to "replay" but they'll occasionally get mixed in with the 6 other random events, but i garuntee even if you refresh all 3 times, the same NCP mission wont show up

it doesnt matter tho cause they already fixed Rooftops so you still have to drive the documents all the way up to his house and thus makes it like every other NCP mission....boring and pointless with not nearly enough RP payout to make it worth while, when you can do a 50 second single lap race and earn just as much, with far less crap to deal with

they need to just release the Heist missions, prove that unlike their PR statements leading up to GTAO's release that it CANT be done "by your self/solo/long ranger" and require 2+ people just to begin the mission(much like TDM, ect...) cause they cant be bothered to program AI teamates, which they did in singleplayer with those throw-away random people you could choose from along with even when you played Tennis and Darts in singleplayer, which also dont have NCP options. and so most people will be done with this game cause their anti-griefing methods are a joke and have no incentive to play in public lobbies

About time! This will save time going from Quick Mission to Free Roam to Quick Mission!

Gaz_RB

Glad Rockstar is following up on their promise to listen to the community. If this keeps up, I see GTAO developing into something really outstanding.

Timmy00

I really want to get into deathmatch in this game but man, the spawns are awful sometimes...some maps allowed way too many players. It also seems like I don't always join the same team my friends/crew is in. That's...pretty lame unless I'm missing something.

Ploid 3.0

e0gW9AT.jpg

hmm

SnakeEyes

Banned
The first payment is NOT coming with this patch. The patch is one of the requirements for the payments, the first of which is to be paid sometime by the end of this week.

Qwell

It seems they added a cooldown to the mechanic being able to deliver you vehicles... which works just great when you ask him to deliver a vehicle and he does his stupid "eeehhh... sorry i can't deliver that right now" but then doesn't let me ask him to deliver another car for another 8 minutes :(

Ok... I have a legit question...

Are they going to patch the infinity money w/e you call it glitch?

Because it is starting to annoy me that everyone have beautiful cars and apartments and such when I have been working my a** off and still don't have that :( I have to live in an apartment with full of roaches :( and my car so rusty!

Ardenyal

Seems like they have "balanced" the mission rewards again. Out of Court Settlement gave me 4.5k instead of the old 9k.

Edit: Have they halved all the mission rewards?!? Did Trash Talk and got 10k instead of 20k like it used to give.

Edit #2: Third mission I've done and yet again, 50% of the cash made compared to before the patch.

Top Bottom