• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Sorry Spring Loaded, the outline didn't appear around your name so I didn't realize you were in the crew. I was just going after the bounty, and it wasn't until after your name popped up that I thought your name seemed familiar.

nbraun80

So I think I saw my first hacked guy just now. GT was Um D Juggernaut, he was a lvl 12. Just randomly was watching him on tv and he was waltzing around the military base getting shot to shit and not dying. Hr got ran over by a tank multiple times, got shot by one, got in a titan twice and both times it got shot and exploded, and he still walked away. Went to press report in the menus and my Xbox froze up. Hmmm

edit: sent him a message, he said it glitches him and he didnt know how it happened. Not sure whether to believe or not, bur I guess I could happen.

Qwell

So it looks like its not just that mission that was halved, what they did is the first time you do a specific mission you get the full payout, but the 2nd, 3rd etc. time you get half. I just did 2 missions that I had never done before, but others had, and each time I got the full payout and they all got half.

We did a 3rd mission that all of us had done before and everyone got only half the payout.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Dropping ALL mission payouts by half is pretty shithouse. 75% payout on *some* missions I could understand, but blanket 50%?!

What the Actual Fuck?!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OK I'm a staunch defender of this game, but halving payouts is super fucked up. C'mon rockstar, dude's gotta make some scrilla. Not all of us are unemployed shutins who can play all day.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Had a blast on free roam last night, playing as a super cunty free agent, collecting bounties and interrupting deathmatches. I saw on my radar that there were two guys, both with bounties tearing around the map about 4 miles to the south in the city. So I hop in my souped up Fusilade (dangerously fucking fast, absolutely no traction) and head over to them. When I find them I'm pleased to see them driving around in a battered old ambulance. IE, not a personal vehicle. Cycle through my weapons, get Sticky. Drive past, attach sticky. Get some distance. BOOOOOM. And somehow, I heard their screams over the mic, even though I have it set to friends and crews. I'm not sure, but I think the game allows a couple of seconds of audio from your victims. I LOVE THIS. Greatest 15k I ever made.

Then later I saw a massive deathmatch over by Trevor's airstrip with a guy in a buzzard laying waste to all comers. Looked like he had at least 4 stars as well as about 5 players all round him, constantly shifting from white dots to little black Xs. So I drive a safe distance away and train my sniper (extended scope yo) on the heli, waiting for a bead. It took a minute or two to get a decent shot, but eventually I sniped the fucker right out of his heli in mid air, watching is fall out of the sky and kill another dude on the ground as well. I heard the pilot go 'awwwww' over the headset. I think sad disappointment is even funnier than a high pitched squeal of rage.

Jhoan

Had a blast on free roam last night, playing as a super cunty free agent, collecting bounties and interrupting deathmatches. I saw on my radar that there were two guys, both with bounties tearing around the map about 4 miles to the south in the city. So I hop in my souped up Fusilade (dangerously fucking fast, absolutely no traction) and head over to them. When I find them I'm pleased to see them driving around in a battered old ambulance. IE, not a personal vehicle. Cycle through my weapons, get Sticky. Drive past, attach sticky. Get some distance. BOOOOOM. And somehow, I heard their screams over the mic, even though I have it set to friends and crews. I'm not sure, but I think the game allows a couple of seconds of audio from your victims. I LOVE THIS. Greatest 15k I ever made.

Then later I saw a massive deathmatch over by Trevor's airstrip with a guy in a buzzard laying waste to all comers. Looked like he had at least 4 stars as well as about 5 players all round him, constantly shifting from white dots to little black Xs. So I drive a safe distance away and train my sniper (extended scope yo) on the heli, waiting for a bead. It took a minute or two to get a decent shot, but eventually I sniped the fucker right out of his heli in mid air, watching is fall out of the sky and kill another dude on the ground as well. I heard the pilot go 'awwwww' over the headset. I think sad disappointment is even funnier than a high pitched squeal of rage.
I enjoyed reading both of your anecdotes of lone bad assery. That first one was hilarious.

I played some more MP after downloading the new update and got bored of it after 2 hours or so. It doesn't help that I'm only level 9 so much of the other MP features haven't opened up. I seriously hope that Heist add-on is the first free DLC they're working on releasing ASAP because there's only so much one can do in this game before it gets old. There's too many options for death match or races; the former isn't my cup of tea at all; the latter is hit or miss but I try to avoid doing PVP stuff.

Getting cash in the MP is ridiculously slow as it takes an eternity to save enough money to buy a decent place. Also, robbing stores is getting old fast after robbing a bunch of them in a row. The other issues that aren't helping my enjoyment are that I've been playing on my own and I don't know where my cable to connect my mic is so I can't go to the strip club and laugh at the ridiculous stuff I can say to virtual women/tell clerks to hurry up. I tried inviting some GAF Street members to do a few missions but none of them bit.

Otherwise, it hasn't been too bad so far post-patch release. I got into a free roam session where players weren't griefing each other and shooting me the moment I spawned. Surprisingly enough, often times they would ignore me which is strange because in a Free roam with randoms, I normally avoid anything that has a white in its vicinity.

I don't think it's 50% reduction in mission payout. I have the patch and I just did a mission for 23000. Called 'On Maneuvers"

The first time you do a mission you get the normal payout. If you do the same mission a second time you get 50%.

Edit: Whenever you can get the mission again that is, because Replay was not re-enabled even with the repeating missions nerf.

So I think I saw my first hacked guy just now. GT was Um D Juggernaut, he was a lvl 12. Just randomly was watching him on tv and he was waltzing around the military base getting shot to shit and not dying. Hr got ran over by a tank multiple times, got shot by one, got in a titan twice and both times it got shot and exploded, and he still walked away. Went to press report in the menus and my Xbox froze up. Hmmm

edit: sent him a message, he said it glitches him and he didnt know how it happened. Not sure whether to believe or not, bur I guess I could happen.
This happened in a game I was in. My tank was invincible and lasted almost half an hour. I got bored of it and got out. As soon as someone else entered, they only lasted a minute before I got the call from pegasus letting me know the tank was destroyed. I also couldn't destroy cats unless I ran them over. Same with people.

I don't have the update yet, so I'm not gonna sign out until I get a few million more. I don't care if I have to do a month's bid in hell. When I get out, I'll hopefully still be paid in full. Nah mean, nugga.

Sorry Spring Loaded, the outline didn't appear around your name so I didn't realize you were in the crew. I was just going after the bounty, and it wasn't until after your name popped up that I thought your name seemed familiar.

Nah, it's cool. I was driving around just to get people to chase me anyway. Were you in the jet or the helicopter?

Symphonia

Banned
I'm finding muscle cars really satisfying to drive recently.
Agreed. My personal vehicle is a Gauntlet and I love it. I thought I'd end up going for an Adder or Infernus but I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the Gauntlet. I only found it through one of the missions for Simeon. I'm slowly pimping it up - nothing too excessive, mind - and it's an absolute dream to handle.

Ploid 3.0

Taking a long break, cashed in my single player stocks. Each character has 300mil +. I hope they figure things out with the MP, they don't want to make playing the game a pain for players, it just drives them away, and the people buying their money will stop if less people are around to play with..

Apparently, the new patch cut the payout for Rooftop Rumble in half as well

Pay cut is global. First time playing the mission you get full pay, after that you get less.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I enjoyed reading both of your anecdotes of lone bad assery. That first one was hilarious.

I played some more MP after downloading the new update and got bored of it after 2 hours or so. It doesn't help that I'm only level 9 so much of the other MP features haven't opened up. I seriously hope that Heist add-on is the first free DLC they're working on releasing ASAP because there's only so much one can do in this game before it gets old. There's too many options for death match or races; the former isn't my cup of tea at all; the latter is hit or miss but I try to avoid doing PVP stuff.

Getting cash in the MP is ridiculously slow as it takes an eternity to save enough money to buy a decent place. Also, robbing stores is getting old fast after robbing a bunch of them in a row. The other issues that aren't helping my enjoyment are that I've been playing on my own and I don't know where my cable to connect my mic is so I can't go to the strip club and laugh at the ridiculous stuff I can say to virtual women/tell clerks to hurry up. I tried inviting some GAF Street members to do a few missions but none of them bit.

Otherwise, it hasn't been too bad so far post-patch release. I got into a free roam session where players weren't griefing each other and shooting me the moment I spawned. Surprisingly enough, often times they would ignore me which is strange because in a Free roam with randoms, I normally avoid anything that has a white in its vicinity.

Seriously dude, it really doesn't. I made 150k in the past 2 days (maybe 3 hours of gameplay?). Knock over some stores, sell some cars, do some PvE missions, accept invites from other players to do missions (especially high level players), do some races... all very low stress ways of making good money. Or at least they were till they nerfed payouts :p

IMO, staying in free roam too much is the reason why people are levelling so slowly. If you actively play the game those first ranks just fly by. Shit, you can do most of the PvE missions alone if you're halfway decent at the game. But even then, last night I made about 30k in an hour in free roam by just doing a tour of some shops I've not robbed yet, selling two cars (one to Simeon, one to LSA) and then collecting a bounty. Didn't die once.

Add a few of the bigger crews to your list, that way you should have a bigger pool of players in your invite circle.

nbraun80

So who is Dom again? I'm lvl 48 and don't remember his purpose or what he does. I got a call from him saying I need to get over there, but have no idea where here is.

Symphonia

Banned
So who is Dom again? I'm lvl 48 and don't remember his purpose or what he does. I got a call from him saying I need to get over there, but have no idea where here is.
I'm only 20 and I got that call last night. I checked the map and couldn't see an icon for him anywhere. I would 'get over there' but I have no idea where 'there' is. What a dick.

Ardenyal

I'm too much of a care bear >_> Can't bring myself to grind more than 5 wins back to back with my maxed out adder against low levels. Races seem to be the only way to make decent money at the moment though, 50k+ in half an hour is not so bad.

Acorn

It's funny, they are nerfing everything but races. I play gta for missions not bumpercars but that will no longer be a good way to make money.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I got a number of weapons from Survival, didn't have to buy them from Ammu-Nation. The only thing that matters is that you have the level that allows to you to buy it.

Oh nice, thanks for the tip!

Does anyone happen to know if the Granger is the only car/SUV that lets you hang off the sides? And when doing this, is it possible to have 4 inside and 4 outside?

I'm finding muscle cars really satisfying to drive recently.

I love the way they handle. Got a great drift to them that once you've got down, makes taking corners a dream.

Data Ghost

Wow I love the way they half the payouts but still sting you in free roam when some random douche kills you in a drive by. Now they REALLY need to lower the cost of dying.

Also the patch seems to have altered the difficulty of Survivor. Seems a lot harder!

I wasn't bothered until now but I'm starting to have less fun :/

tehPete

Banned
What is the little C in people's pictures when viewing players in Free Roam? I know the F is friend.

Perhaps...?

cunt.gif

Please remove if not acceptable, I know a lot of people have problems with this word, so..

Haha. Going to scan Netflix.

In the interests of impartiality, we should state that there are other films available on Netflix. Thta does look like a cracking film though, will be watching that tonight hopefully :)

dosh

I'm only 20 and I got that call last night. I checked the map and couldn't see an icon for him anywhere. I would 'get over there' but I have no idea where 'there' is. What a dick.
There are no real missions related to him. He's just the guy telling you skydiving spots are available. And phoning you every now and then to remind you of their existence, much like Ron does to remind you of the crate drops.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Bought some bikes for my Garage, which is nice as yea they don't replace my other vehicles, went back and it wouldn't let me back in my garage unless I replaced one, this game and its bugs, lol.

RawNuts

Heh Ammo is up in price too.
Damn, didn't the price of ammo go up after the last update? I remember the prices still being cheaper in the pre-mission screen, I wonder if that is still the case. Stickies went from 400 to 500 but you could still buy for 400 in that screen.

Looks like hard financial times in Los Santos... :/

Top Bottom