• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Acorn

Damn, didn't the price of ammo go up after the last update? I remember the prices still being cheaper in the pre-mission screen, I wonder if that is still the case. Stickies went from 400 to 500 but you could still buy for 400 in that screen.

Looks like hard financial times in Los Santos... :/
Makes me wonder how they'll nerf stocks when that goes live.

Can only invest 10% of your banked income or something shitty no doubt.

Edit I wouldn't be surprised if heists required you go buy helis/planes/whatever each time and if you die need to buy again.

deafmedal

Yep, noticed the stickys were up to 600 a piece iirc.
Stickies were 600 at AmmuNation, 400 before a mission... hopefully that hasn't changed. Guess we'll just have to boost races for money and XP, errr RP, and missions for fun. Keep up the good work R*! :(

Alpende

Oh yeah you can play the game just fine without cash cards but everything is expensive as fuck and mission payouts are low(er) soooo... buy cash cards please?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Pretty sure they've always been that price for me from ammunation, I didn't notice a difference in ammo prices earlier, to fully load my Sniper Rifle still costs the same amount here.

RawNuts

You don't always have to play as a criminal in this game. In fact, I just recently helped lift this car off of these poor victims who found themselves mysteriously trapped under it in a freak accident for reasons beyond explanation. I'm a hero.
0_0.jpg
<.<
>.>

Wait, so they didn’t fix up Criminal Records AND the bike glitch with the new patch? Aww yiss!
Haha, wow. Rockstar is practically begging their players to just glitch all their wealth.

Smaller payouts? More expensive ammo? Will it even be worth the effort now, taking into account the sloppy load times and empty lobbies you have to trudge through each and every time?

Haha, wow. Rockstar is practically begging their players to just glitch all their wealth.

LOOL. I got like 5 million dollars from the bike glitch but I don't wanna push my luck anymore, Criminal Records on the other hand here I come! :D

I've been really busy and won’t be able to do Criminal Records again till Sunday, so this is good news for me! Hopefully they don't patch it by then.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
It's a joke that they're changing the prices and survival areas etc, but still I wouldn't say making money in this game is that hard. Yeah, it starts off a bit slow but once you hit 30 you get 10-25k a mission.

There's definitely something wrong with the money progression system if you can have the most expensive apartment already after 1-2 weeks of play.

Edit: oh there's another patch now? Haven't tried that yet.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't mind the lower payouts, but I do really wish they'd get rid of the hospital bills; fix passive mode to not get killed by vehicles; and getting rid of the dumb bad sport tag because you blew up someone's personal vehicle by accident/self-defense.

Ensirius

I found the Sultan RS at the docks easily, there it was parked waiting for me. Modded it up.

Now the sentinel XS is IMPOSSIBLE to find.

E92 M3

Pretty sure they've always been that price for me from ammunation, I didn't notice a difference in ammo prices earlier, to fully load my Sniper Rifle still costs the same amount here.

So, price didn't go up? Are cars and apartments still the same price? I was planning on buying a nice apt soon.

What are you doing R*? If you want this game to be based on the FTP model, then come out and say it already. Hell, at this point, I won't be shocked if they release the Online as a standalone.

I've just applied to join the BritGaf crew, as I could never seem to find any active players in the GafStreet crew.

Hopefully some members will be online this evening!

tehPete

Banned
What are you doing R*? If you want this game to be based on the FTP model, then come out and say it already. Hell, at this point, I won't be shocked if they release the Online as a standalone.

This was always the plan; they said before it came out that you're getting a free pass for GTA Online with GTA V - given that this format would never work under a pre-paid MMO model, F2P is the only route. I'm guessing they'll release GTA Online F2P on next-gen consoles and PC early next year, based on current public knowledge.

E92 M3

This was always the plan; they said before it came out that you're getting a free pass for GTA Online with GTA V - given that this format would never work under a pre-paid MMO model, F2P is the only route. I'm guessing they'll release GTA Online F2P on next-gen consoles and PC early on next year, based on current public knowledge.

If that was the case, then they shouldn't have been so coy about the cash cards. All of their decisions seems to designed to push us to purchase those things.

On another note, were the glitchers actually put into a different server now?

tehPete

Banned
If that was the case, then they shouldn't have been so coy about the cash cards. All of their decisions seems to designed to push us to purchase those things.

If the launch hadn't gone so drastically wrong, they wouldn't be doing too badly in settting up an F2P platform. The thing is, those systems need to be perfectly balanced from the get-go, and that's where R* have completely dropped the ball. Any efforts made to balance it after the fact will be construed by the playing community as nerfing, further hurting the brand; the stimulus package is R*'s attempt at hitting the reset button, but if the bulk of the problems still exist then it'll just be a futile gesture. Perhaps this is just the beta for the next-gen F2P release, who knows.

On the glitcher point, it looks like R* are being lenient on that front - it's likely too many people took advantage of it to tar them all with the same brush; they appear to be moving the worst offenders only.

RawNuts

Death only takes away 205$ for me now.
This is interesting, can we get other people to look at their health costs as well? I'm tired of paying $2k every time I get killed and if Rockstar did this, it would certainly soften the blow of them nerfing the payouts for missions.

I just blew myself up with $100k in the bank and spent only $150 on the health costs. I don't remember it being that low before the update, or am I recalling it incorrectly?

Yeah, I died recently and checked the transaction and it only took $82, I had the money for it to be a lot more than that. On the other hand I was killed by NOOSE, not by another player, doing a private session currently so don't have anyone to kill me and find out.

Heh Ammo is up in price too.
Stickies were 600 at AmmuNation, 400 before a mission... hopefully that hasn't changed. Guess we'll just have to boost races for money and XP, errr RP, and missions for fun. Keep up the good work R*! :(

Yup, but I'm pretty sure sticky bombs were $588 at Ammu-Nation for me, they're $558 now, guessing the discounts weren't properly calculated before. At least the SE discount or maybe SC one, I don't freaking now. Shit ain't cheap that's for sure. I waste way too much money with sticky bombs, need to try to start using those as a last resort.

The way they handled the mission pays outs is total bullshit. They should have re-enabled restarting them but have the payout have diminishing returns each time you do it in a row. The motivation to do missions more than once just got a whole lot lower.

E92 M3

If the launch hadn't gone so drastically wrong, they wouldn't be doing too badly in settting up an F2P platform. The thing is, those systems need to be perfectly balanced from the get-go, and that's where R* have completely dropped the ball. Any efforts made to balance it after the fact will be construed by the playing community as nerfing, further hurting the brand; the stimulus package is R*'s attempt at hitting the reset button, but if the bulk of the problems still exist then it'll just be a futile gesture. Perhaps this is just the beta for the next-gen F2P release, who knows.

On the glitcher point, it looks like R* are being lenient on that front - it's likely too many people took advantage of it to tar them all with the same brush; they appear to be moving the worst offenders only.

I suspected that would be the case...looks like there will be many happy people lol.

It's either 105 or 205$ and I'm holding less than 1000.

Thanks - it is pretty cool if they marginalized the death penalty like that.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The way they handled the mission pays outs is total bullshit. They should have re-enabled restarting them but have the payout have diminishing returns each time you do it in a row. The motivation to do missions more than once just got a whole lot lower.

They should do it per 24 hour play session. Everyone can play a mission once a RL day and get the full-payout, then halve it each time they repeat it in that time frame. That seems pretty fair to me.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah, I have $2000 deducted every time. It's a ball ache when I'm trying to save up money for my property and car modifications. Rockstar need to sort that shit out.

Batigol

Banned
Seems like they have "balanced" the mission rewards again. Out of Court Settlement gave me 4.5k instead of the old 9k.

Edit: Have they halved all the mission rewards?!? Did Trash Talk and got 10k instead of 20k like it used to give.

Edit #2: Third mission I've done and yet again, 50% of the cash made compared to before the patch.

Haha. Can't be making too much money now. Gotta buy those micro transactions

Top Bottom