• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details.

Haha, they punted to next week. Glad I bought an apartment a few days ago.

Batigol

Banned
Fj8MerV.png

It would appear I'm safe... for now

I spent the majority of the money so it's probably that

Why did I buy the Titan :(

Falt

Yeah, hospital costs have been severely reduced. I have over 200k in the bank, no cash on me and it cost me $280 for a swan dive off a building just there.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51603/new-gta-online-title-update.html

Anybody get an update yet?

Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

It's fixed.

E92 M3

Yeah, hospital costs have been severely reduced. I have over 200k in the bank, no cash on me and it cost me $280 for a swan dive off a building just there.

Nice - I never hold more than 2,000 grand cash. The reduction and ignoring the bank account is a great thing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I like your suicidely scientific approach.

Hopefully this reduction will be seen as an endorsement of the special brand of chaos that GTA does so well.

Tawpgun

We really need to thin out these crews sometime soon. I bet a good chunk of those players aren't active at all, or that isn't their primary crew.

Also, I wish the people in GAF St would put on their goddamn mic's. What's the point of being in a crew if you don't interact with your crew members. Usually I see a yellow dot and head toward it, and its just some random GAF St member doing his own thing. Occasionally he would get in my car or helo or something and THEN what?

I don't get the motivation behind raising the price of ammo ... Like ... does R* not want you to use guns in the game?

R* are dirty gun hating liberals obviously.

E92 M3

I'm actually enjoying GTA Online more than I thought. My biggest issue is the loading times. Brutal...

Loading times should have been alleviated a little with the patch. Also, do you have the game installed via USB?

I don't get the motivation behind raising the price of ammo ... Like ... does R* not want you to use guns in the game?

Seems like ammo prices weren't raised.

We really need to thin out these crews sometime soon. I bet a good chunk of those players aren't active at all, or that isn't their primary crew.

Also, I wish the people in GAF St would put on their goddamn mic's. What's the point of being in a crew if you don't interact with your crew members. Usually I see a yellow dot and head toward it, and its just some random GAF St member doing his own thing. Occasionally he would get in my car or helo or something and THEN what?

That's a good idea -- I use my mic all the time :D

Oh wow, all my 7 cars from my garage are gone, no more tank or buzzard and the insurance number has been removed from my phone. Rebooted and still gone...

Ammo prices weren't raised, they were adjusted but if you get a discount Ammu-Nation is cheaper now. The only thing that really got raised was Sticky Bombs from the job/mission screen and that's no surprise since they were a lot cheaper than Ammu-Nation, now they're the same unless you get a discount then AN is cheaper.

I generally keep my mic off, especially during races where I'm cursing half the time worse than a sailor especially when it comes to dirty racers.

E92 M3

Oh wow, all my 7 cars from my garage are gone, no more tank or buzzard and the insurance number has been removed from my phone. Rebooted and still gone...

Did you connect to the cloud? Maybe there were connections issues. Certainly weird for that to happen at this point in the game.

Ammo prices weren't raised, they were adjusted but if you get a discount Ammu-Nation is cheaper now. The only thing that really got raised was Sticky Bombs from the job/mission screen and that's no surprise since they were a lot cheaper than Ammu-Nation, now they're the same unless you get a discount then AN is cheaper.

Are the discounts from the two special editions?

Also, Lester still hasn't called me for missions and I'm level 55 lol.

Are the discounts from the two special editions?

I imagine so, guessing the other ones aren't active though. A measly 7% off going by the Sticky Bomb price, better than nothing I guess. Gonna miss the $400 Sticky Bombs though. Now that we won't lose as much money from dying I'm going to try and rely on them less.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh yeah you can play the game just fine without cash cards but everything is expensive as fuck and mission payouts are low(er) soooo... buy cash cards please?

Yeah I hate it when people say that about F2P games when it requires you making it your full time job to make any significant progress. It's such a scam. I can't believe Rockstar pulled this bullshit AGAIN with the mission payouts, and now they're hiking prices too? Fuck this I have too many decent games to play right now to keep putting up with this bullshit.

I imagine so, guessing the other ones aren't active though. A measly 7% off going by the Sticky Bomb price, better than nothing I guess. Gonna miss the $400 Sticky Bombs though. Now that we won't lose as much money from dying I'm going to try and rely on them less.
Aren't they only $400 in the mission screen? They've always been $600 in-store for me. I have the SE, too.

tehPete

Banned
Good.

Anyone on GAF St. with Mic's please feel free to add me. I want to actually feel like I'm in a badass communicating crew.

GT: Tawpgun

On the topic of communication, until they implement some kind of basic text chat function into GTA:O (if they ever do), on the PS3 it's probably worth creating a chat room that everyone on a crew can login to each time they sign on. It's a poor alternative to voice chat, but it'll help bridge the gap for those who don't have mics or can't use them at the time.

E92 M3

Thanks - I got the SE from Amazon, but didn't know the prices were actually discounted.

Should I install the "install" or "play" disc to USB?
Or both?
Or what if each disc was installed to a separate USB drive?

Install the 'install disc' to the HDD and then the 'play' disc to a USB.

nbraun80

I also jumped from the highest tower and I went from 73,750 to 73,600. Thank you rockstar. :)

E92 M3

Does that provide the best performance?

Yes, at the moment that is the solution for the best performance -- and I also use a USB 3.0 drive to ensure maximum read speeds (360 takes UBS 2.0). With that said, I saw the ad this morning for the GoD version of GTA V; that might be the most superior version, but so far no one reported anything.

MAX PAYMENT

Yes, at the moment that is the solution for the best performance -- and I also use a USB 3.0 drive to ensure maximum read speeds (360 takes UBS 2.0). With that said, I saw the ad this morning for the GoD version of GTA V; that might be the most superior version, but so far no one reported anything.

Anyone tried dual USB drives yet?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I hate it when people say that about F2P games when it requires you making it your full time job to make any significant progress. It's such a scam. I can't believe Rockstar pulled this bullshit AGAIN with the mission payouts, and now they're hiking prices too? Fuck this I have too many decent games to play right now to keep putting up with this bullshit.

They haven't hiked prices, as far as I can see.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Individual reasons, I guess. I can't because I have a newborn in the house. It is waaaay more important that she gets sleep than it is for me to communicate online because "crew".

E92 M3

Anyone tried dual USB drives yet?

Theoretically it should work.

I applied about a month ago and was surprised to see it pop up on my screen today, when I thought they were done inviting others.

This. From what I see, there's a few members in there who haven't leveled beyond 5 yet which I assume is an idler and are basically useless. Hell, i'm on just about every day when i'm home.

I guess I'll just wait here until the crew cleans out some inactive members -- also play mostly everyday (granted not for long during the weekdays).

Top Bottom