• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

E92 M3

hey Rockstar. wheres my damn money!?

money.gif

Early next week lol

Bradach

oh, i thought the first $250k was the end of this week (today) and the other $250k was at the end of the month.

Ah well, i'll live out of my car for another while I suppose

Dual usb would b slower...hdd access time is faster than usb access speeds...

Glad i glitched my bankroll to hell and back i guess. I have mountains of fun with this game, much more with unlimited funds than i did before i did

Ok, how do I play with gafstreet (im in the crew)? Is it in missions only? Can they populate the lobby world too? Or can 360 friends? Or are lobbies always just FFA clusterfucks?

nbraun80

oh, i thought the first $250k was the end of this week (today) and the other $250k was at the end of the month.

Ah well, i'll live out of my car for another while I suppose

It was suppose to, but they just said they want to make sure that people losing stuff is cleared up before they do.

AkuMifune

Banned
Went to join a quick race last night and for some reason the game placed me in a private match of some dipshit clan. I was going to back out but they all started trolling me because of the NGAF clan tag, "Get this guy! Fuck this guy! We have to take out this GAF guy." They were all doing laps on the prison one and letting some guy get 1st over and over. So of course I tried to win. Played maybe 8 races with them (won two outright! Hah!), and even when they managed to bang me into last place it was really fun at just how annoyed they were. One of the higher level guys with a custom car made it his mission to take me out every time. I quit when they got so pissed I won that they were going to turn it into a GTA race and all just shoot me. Anyway, most fun I've had online gaming in a long time.

Arcteryx

haha oh wow, they nerfed the SHIT out of some of these missions.

Talk about waste of time for a lot of them. Racing is even MORE so the way to go for money/RP.

No fucks given for glitching back the money I lost from before after seeing this update/their direction with the game(cash card bonanza).

250k doesn't buy you jack in the grand scheme of things

Exactly. You'll be able to buy an apartment and have basically nothing left over(assuming you want a heist available one). You could mod out maybe half a car with upgrades. You could just barely purchase some of the sports/super cars and have nothing left over.

It's really nothing, especially when you look at how shitty that launch was.

E92 M3

Like 25 - 30 mil. i regret nothing. RP is the real progression anyway, i still cant blow my money on a tank for another 8 levels.

I'm not blaming you - should've done it myself. R* just wants us to purchase cash cards. I wonder what the threshold was for the dunce servers.

Do you need an apartment to buy a helicopter? How do helicopter purchases work? When you buy it is is a 'personal' insured version, or do you sort of just buy the right access to one, sort of like the random helicopters in the airport or desert air strip that don't belong to anyone but spawn differently for different players?

thanks for update Rockstar wooo, gonna go and have a look what they did to the character creator, and i love that dying is a lot cheaper.

Sephon

Are there any issues with the crews? I'm in 2 different crews with 100-250 members in each crew, but I never see more than 1-8 people online at any one time, and only about 32 members are listed at all in each crew (through the in-game menu).

Maybe it's because the crews are mixed ps3/360 and scared about the character deletion, but I still find it a bit low.

tehPete

Banned
Like 25 - 30 mil. i regret nothing. RP is the real progression anyway, i still cant blow my money on a tank for another 8 levels.

lol, this makes me feel a little less guilty, I only glitched a few million. I'd love to know just how many people used the glitch overall, and as E92 M3 said, where the cut-off was.

DRE Fei

The worst part about the mission payout reduction is that the vehicle upgrades are still expensive as fuck. For a $9000 akuma I just spent over 70k on upgrades and it's still not even fully maxed out yet. Considering the fact that motorcycles are the cheapest to upgrade, this is crazy.

I wish they added entrance/exit from roof helipads on some of the buildings to use like another garage.

Speaking of which, once you buy the more expensive apartments, what are the closest helicopter spawns? Hopefully closer than the beach.

E92 M3

I wish they added entrance/exit from roof helipads on some of the buildings to use like another garage.

Speaking of which, once you buy the more expensive apartments, what are the closest helicopter spawns? Hopefully closer than the beach.

Yes, like that condo from Vice City. Damn, I remember rushing to buy that property because of the heli.

Skidd

If your apartment is in the downtown area, the hospital helipad is right around the corner from Simeon's place.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm not blaming you - should've done it myself. R* just wants us to purchase cash cards. I wonder what the threshold was for the dunce servers.
I don't get your reasoning behind saying Rockstar 'just want' you to buy cash cards? I mean, yeah, as developers they'd love it if you purchased the odd cash card or two. But if they truly wanted your money only, why would they bother to develop more missions and DLC for multiplayer so you can earn money in-game yourself? Your logic is somewhat flawed.

Acorn

I don't get your reasoning behind saying Rockstar 'just want' you to buy cash cards? I mean, yeah, as developers they'd love it if you purchased the odd cash card or two. But if they truly wanted your money only, why would they bother to develop more missions and DLC for multiplayer so you can earn money in-game yourself? Your logic is somewhat flawed.
That's f2p 101, you need a steady stream of content to keep the masses so the 'whales' stay.

todahawk

No, and I have no idea why you guys are being so thick. GLITCHING and buying money are NOT the same thing.

If anyone wants to buy money on GTA, Im all for it. You are supporting the online and there for supporting the betterment and future of it.

edit: if you want to add me, Im in. mommas_boy

I keep trying Quick race and getting people that do Down the Drain non stop. After 10 races that got old quick. I tried hosting a race, but nobody stays in 1 person race lobbys.

Being thick? It was a serious question.

Assume for a second that glitching continues past the time cash cards are available... if you're in a lobby with two people, both flush with cash, how will you know the difference between a glitcher and someone that dropped real money?

That is the point I'm trying to get across, not supporting R*, nothing at that level. I'm talking about you as a gamer.

E92 M3

All of their actions thus far have demonstrated their true desires. Of course they won't come out and say it, of course they want us to play cool new missions - but underneath all of that, they want to us to purchase the cash cards. They want this service to exist for years, and to pay developers they need revenue. As of now, the only way I see them making extra money is with the cash cards.

In all honesty, I would have rather pay 5 dollars a month and not deal with this crap. There was absolutely no need for them to lower mission payout, block access to roof in survivor, block replaying of missions, and make shit super expensive. The game is tremendously fun, but it's definitely hampered by Rockstar's desire to replicate the FTP model. They tried to quell our fears about the cash cards by saying they're not necessary and everything is balanced. Their actions have said otherwise.

Until you can tell me, concretely, why they halved mission payouts, my logic is not flawed.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Got my wanted level removed by Lester. Right when I do, a cop rams me in the back. Immediately back to 1 star...

pringles

Don't know why they don't just make payout scale with difficulty. 12.5k on easy would be ok for base invaders. 15-20 for Normal, 25 on Hard. I'd be okay with that.
it's one of the most fun missions I've encountered in the game and now I don't feel like ever doing it again, because 12.5k is not worth the effort, especially if you're doing it on Normal or Hard.

Symphonia

Banned
Until you can tell me, concretely, why they halved mission payouts, my logic is not flawed.
It seems somewhat illogical to reward players with the same payout every time they complete a mission they've already completed. That's pretty much cheating the system. I imagine Rockstar want you to work for your rewards - the satisfaction you'll get when you buy a safehouse or Adder with your own hard-earned money will be far better than the two seconds of bliss you get when you buy the same things, but with money you got from essentially boils down to cheating. You have to work for your rewards in life, the same applies to Grand Theft Auto.

I found the Sultan RS at the docks easily, there it was parked waiting for me. Modded it up.

Now the sentinel XS is IMPOSSIBLE to find.

Whenever Simeon sends a text about wanting a Sentinel XS in his group of cars, I almost always find them parked at random gas pumps. Keep an eye on the gas stations.

It seems somewhat illogical to reward players with the same payout every time they complete a mission they've already completed. That's pretty much cheating the system. I imagine Rockstar want you to work for your rewards - the satisfaction you'll get when you buy a safehouse or Adder with your own hard-earned money will be far better than the two seconds of bliss you get when you buy the same things, but with money you got from essentially boils down to cheating. You have to work for your rewards in life, the same applies to Grand Theft Auto.

This is so fucking wrong. You might have an argument if there were like, 700 missions to choose from, but there isn't. Smh

todahawk

Got my wanted level removed by Lester. Right when I do, a cop rams me in the back. Immediately back to 1 star...
Happened to me but I didn't touch a cop or even look at one. I was driving in my car and suddenly there's a cop on my left in the street (on foot) shooting me. And it has been a few seconds, it's not like I had just hung up the call... Not using that service again unless i'm desperate...

It is completely logical that R* is motivated to tightly control the amount of money earned by players in missions because of the fact that they plan on letting you buy in game money with real world money. Remove the option to buy money and this whole conversation changes.

We are not talking about single player balance of mission payouts, ammo scarcity and gameplay balance, we are talking about a company that wants to make money and changes to the game that are most likely to contribute to players spending real world money. R* has very clear motivations behind their actions, it is pure supply and demand.

breakfuss

To quote the luminary S. Brown, "Ain't nobody got time fo dat".

Arcteryx

I assume this applies to Base Invaders:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...29777-Change-to-Medical-Bills-and-Patch-Notes

For those of you inquiring about mission payouts, there was a change that reduces payouts by 50% after a repeat of the mission. So, basically, the first time you play and beat the mission, you will get the full amount. Subsequent replays will see a payout amount reduced by half.

This is to help prepare for upcoming missions and content in the Beach Bum Pack as well as heists to help keep the game balanced as well as encourage the exploration of new missions and content in the game.

We understand players do like to enjoy a mission multiple times, so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we've allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout. Many players can get very good at a mission and beat it much faster in consecutive tries, so we've adjusted these payouts to match that case.

This also ties in to our ongoing discussion of replay availability for NPC missions, in which we are taking community feedback as well.

I apologize that there was not full clarity on this in the patch notes; however, hopefully this note will clear things up. If there are any additional questions on this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sounds like it's a ONE time full amount only. No 24 hour(in-game/rl) waiting periods before it's full amount again. One time only.

Even if we truly can replay missions at will, it still doesn't make up for stuff like Base Invaders that, while easy, take quite a bit of time to complete.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Welp. Now cop vehicles are randomly disappearing after I kill the cops / get close to them. Can't even get one. WTF?

Top Bottom