• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Lol, some guy tried to kill me. I killed him and then once more. Then he tries to get me kicked, hahahaha, really?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Some guy last night killed me at the docks for no reason and hung around afterwards to kill me again.

Luckily I had a leftover RPG from survival mode so I blew that fucker up but he ended up killing me again. At least he was probably surprised I used one on him. He left the game right after.

Batigol

Banned
I don't think I'll bother with a single mission again.

It's easier and faster (with decent money, too!) to just grind CR.

Two laps, takes under a minute. Easy

udiie

Don't know if this has been posted yet but here goes: stole a sheriff SUV yesterday, and got tracker and insurance on it. Discovered my existing Granger had better stats and has the whole NOOSE side rails so you can ride on the sides, so I decided to replace it with a totally cool looking Futo, only to find that when I selected sheriff SUV in the replace vehicle menu it deleted my 500k+ infernus... Sheriff SUV still there and all. Also it was sent to me numerous times instead of other vehicles via my mechanic. Be careful with that thing...

EDIT
This post is unsubstantiated -- a rumor that some posted on the GTA comments, but at least one other person in this thread has said is not true.

Leaving the rest of the post here in case it is:

---

wait... wait...
just read this comment on the Rockstar site:

So now we have half money cut on all jobs/missions and friends can NOT join if they are not at the rank of the mission/job Plus there is no job replay now toss on the fact that you guys are TRY so hard to get ppl to micro transactions you starting to look like EA, R*. I realize you guys want to make more of a MMO setup but WE did not pay for a MMO we paid for GTA 5 with the hopes of multiplier i do not want to spend a Year farming missions to hit max lv AND then not be able to play with my friend or help them lv faster , if i wanted to play a MMO i would go buy one All the Love to you R* hope you read this and stop before you make a MMO mistake before you are forced to close down online.

Let me repost that:

Friends can NOT join if they are not at the rank of the mission/job

Is this for real?

This can't be for real.

If that's real, Rockstar just destroyed this online game

If this is true, I'll probably stop playing. I know for a fact that all of my friends will stop playing. When the only PvE missions available from rank 0 - 20 are "Ballas at the Wall" or "Help I've been Robbed!" from 2 NPCs... you just can't do that. I ranked up my guy (I'm like level 26) just so that my friends and I could play interesting jobs, and FINALLY we got the chance to play some interesting jobs once I got to level 25. But... if now none of my friends can join those, if none of them can play survival missions, if they can only do "Ballas at the Wall" and death match ad infinitum ... That's the end of the game, we're not playing anymore.

E92 M3

It seems somewhat illogical to reward players with the same payout every time they complete a mission they've already completed. That's pretty much cheating the system. I imagine Rockstar want you to work for your rewards - the satisfaction you'll get when you buy a safehouse or Adder with your own hard-earned money will be far better than the two seconds of bliss you get when you buy the same things, but with money you got from essentially boils down to cheating. You have to work for your rewards in life, the same applies to Grand Theft Auto.

It is not cheating to do the same mission over -- even R* admitted to that. Since you brought in 'real life' to this discussion: does a surgeon get paid less after the first month because he does the same operations over and over? Is it fair to the people that happen to enjoy a certain mission and just want to play it? It's Rockstar's job to design compelling content, not force us to play it. If something is fun, the community will gravitate toward it; if the payouts were relatively high across the board, people would diversify and play different missions. Everything is pricey, and progress takes forever - unless you one should grind (very reminiscent of the FTP model, which I despise). People want the cool toys, so naturally the highest paying missions are played. Nothing wrong with that -- welcome to video games.

R* want us to play this for years and devote thousands of hours before all of the content is unlocked. Some people like that, I personally don't. R* made it seem like this game will be a fun online experience where one can play, level up, buy cool shit, and fuck around. Right now it feels like an FTP game with very fun, yet limiting gameplay.

wait... wait...

Let me repost that:

Is this for real?

This can't be for real.

If this is true, I'll probably stop playing. I know for a fact that all of my friends will stop playing. When the only PvE missions available from rank 0 - 20 are "Ballas at the Wall" from 1 character.. you just can't do that. I ranked up my guy (I'm like level 26) just so that my friends and I could play interesting jobs, and FINALLY we got the chance to play some interesting jobs once I got to level 25. But... if now none of my friends can join those, if none of them can play survival missions, if they can only do "Ballas at the Wall" and death match ad infinitum ... That's the end of the game, we're not playing anymore.

Such a stupid fuck up.

Dysun

I dont feel bad about glitching over 30 million seeing as how Rockstar is doing everything in their power to make the game a grind-fest and less fun. You found a mission that pays decently? Hah, cut that in half. You want guns and ammo? Raise the price. You want a nice car? Collect 500k first, at 12k a clip

Such a stupid fuck up.

So it's true?

Jesus fucking christ WHY would they do this. Two friends of mine just got GTA this week, we were planning to play online together, but this effectively means now we can't because they're going to be level 4 or 5 so they will never be able to play in a game with us, unless they grind their characters up to level ~25.

This is insane if it's true. Like, one step forward with reducing the death penalty to $500, and then 100 steps back if this holds up to be true.

DRE Fei

Racing is the best. It's pure profit. No ammo expenses involved.

Sure you'll have to deal with asshole drivers, but you still make money.

Gorillaz

Deathmatch would be alot better to play/grind on if the mechanics were actually fluid.

Survival is really the only thing I have fun grinding and even then that has problems. Personally if they keep nerfing payouts and survival spots I'm probably done.

Derrick01

Banned
So it's true?

Jesus fucking christ WHY would they do this. Two friends of mine just got GTA this week, we were planning to play online together, but this effectively means now we can't because they're going to be level 4 or 5 so they will never be able to play in a game with us, unless they grind their characters up to level ~25.

This is insane if it's true. Like, one step forward with reducing the death penalty to $500, and then 100 steps back if this holds up to be true.

I'm assuming this is a temporary screw up? As bad as Rockstar's been with this game this would be incredible. They're going full blown slave-driver now with the way they're treating the player base with this game.

I half expect them to come to our houses and actually whip us every time they hear us laughing over the mic while playing the game.

wait... wait...

Let me repost that:

Is this for real?

This can't be for real.

If this is true, I'll probably stop playing. I know for a fact that all of my friends will stop playing. When the only PvE missions available from rank 0 - 20 are "Ballas at the Wall" or "Help I've been Robbed!" from 2 NPCs... you just can't do that. I ranked up my guy (I'm like level 26) just so that my friends and I could play interesting jobs, and FINALLY we got the chance to play some interesting jobs once I got to level 25. But... if now none of my friends can join those, if none of them can play survival missions, if they can only do "Ballas at the Wall" and death match ad infinitum ... That's the end of the game, we're not playing anymore.

WTF?!?!??!??!?! This is crazy. Literally crazy. Insane. Someone please say this isn't true.

wait... wait...

Let me repost that:

Is this for real?

This can't be for real.

As if lobbies weren't dead enough, good luck to anyone trying to find a jet race lobby, you're gonna need it. Maybe in a few weeks....

Falt

I'm lvl 44 and have been doing missions with a pal today lvl 27. Pretty sure the madrazo missions we were doing unlocked around 40 for me.

You guys are so quick with your pitchforks.

Sounds like R* want to stop low level players from getting good payout. Not being able to play with friends is just the collateral damage. Hope it isn't true, as I play much more often than my friends.

Derrick01

Banned
Sounds like R* want to stop low level players from getting good payout. Not being able to play with friends is just the collateral damage. Hope it isn't true, as I play much more often than my friends.

That does sound like something Rockstar would do. Anything to stop people from getting ahead at all.

I know my friend who's in the teens still has pretty much stopped doing "his" jobs and just plays mine now since I'm in the 30s and seem to get a minimum of $7k a job.

why does everyone bitch when the game is set to gta race? gta race is fun as hell. sure ammo is expensive but you get so much money from races it doesn't even matter.

team gta race with cops on is amazingly fun. an all out brawl and cop chase in one. it's hilarious.

BTW, if you guys are ever bored, go the corner where Beeker's garage is. A high-speed highway becomes a stoplight and turn with hilarious results. There are reliable rear-ending when the light is red, and less maneuverable cars have trouble negotiating the turn and staying in lane.

E92 M3

So it's true?

Don't know if it's intentional or not, but my friend texted me saying that the patch fucked up his ability to play with some other buddies.

why does everyone bitch when the game is set to gta race? gta race is fun as hell. sure ammo is expensive but you get so much money from races it doesn't even matter.

team gta race with cops on is amazingly fun. an all out brawl and cop chase in one. it's hilarious.

GTA race is awesome -- sucks it's ignored.

Dude I just can't believe this.

My friends and I were stoked to play this weekend .. but .. now? If we can't play together .. then forget it. GTA Online is dead.

XAL

I'm lvl 44 and have been doing missions with a pal today lvl 27. Pretty sure the madrazo missions we were doing unlocked around 40 for me.

Nope I was definitely doing solo MM missions way before level 40..several are given in the mid 20s and 30s range.

Amneisac

Maybe if the low level jobs didn't all suck monkey balls people would be more inclined to play those instead of the higher level missions.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So it's true?

Surely you can join them and help them get to level 25?

But if it's a glitch and it means you have to await another two weeks for this to get fixed... ugh.

Can't test it now, I'm at work.

Really, if it's true, i think it's a design decision. I honestly cannot believe the design process if they made it that way. Like, somebody had to come up with this change.. somebody in a meeting or email or on a scrum board had to say "Let's make it so that friends cannot play missions together." And a manager had to see it, and other members of the team had to see it, and nobody asked, "Wait.. why are we restricting friends from playing together?"

And nobody ever asked that question..?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So booted up on my lunch and now I have 5% discount for being voted a 'good sport' by 90% of the people that played with me. OK, cool?

I still think R* should make it to where I get a percentage point on all the money my crew makes. I'd be so rich. LOL and it would be a more accurate portrayal of how crime families work. So far I've gotten jack shit except a headache from managing this crew.

Still love you all :p

todahawk

Based on what's happened lately with roofs now of limit in survival, mission payouts getting massively nerfed and halved on replay, quick replay or replay not being available in some cases how on earth do you expect us to react to something that fits into patterns of what they're already doing???

Quick pitchforks my ass, if they were R* pitchforks they'd be locked until level 100, cost $2 million and only be usable once every 45 minutes.

XAL

Based on what's happened lately with roofs now of limit in survival, mission payouts getting massively nerfed and halved on replay, quick replay or replay not being available in some cases how on earth do you expect us to react to something that fits into patterns of what they're already doing???

Quick pitchforks my ass, if they were R* pitchforks they'd be locked until level 100, cost $2 million and only be usable once every 45 minutes.

Well grinding is dead for sure, but what's the point in playing missions if you get rewarded with precisely dirt?

Need to play missions for like 10 hours before you can buy anything expensive. Silly.

Guess they are willing to ruin the experience and make it so frustrating that you have no choice but to buy money cards - and then when the Heist DLC comes out you can pay for that as well. I'm sure they'll nerf the payouts for that to like 20 grand a player eventually down from like 80k.

Falt

Nope I was definitely doing solo MM missions way before level 40..several are given in the mid 20s and 30s range.

Yeah, but the mission I'm talking about specifically is Water the Vineyard which according to the GTA wiki (as reliable as that is) unlocks at lvl 40. I remember specifically the job popping up just after I hit 40 because before that all I was getting from Martin was Death from Above and Out of Court Settlement.

http://gta5.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Water_the_Vineyard
Water the Vineyard is a mission in Grand Theft Auto Online. Rank 40 or higher players can talk to Martin to start the mission. Players are awarded with $5000 GTA$ and ???? Rank Points for completing the mission.

If it's not true, I will be very relieved.

But should we really put it past Rockstar on this, given how poorly many of the decisions have been? Plus, you sort of think that that's how it's supposed to be designed because it will say like, "Mission Level: 18, Your Level: 10" and every new person who's seen that has asked "does this mean I can't play the mission?" Up until today, the answer has been "No, only the host has to be X level to launch an X level mission." But, given the bad decisions Rockstar has made with online, this seems like it would fit the mold.

And I'm also very forgiving of Rockstar. The game is already very difficult to play cooperatively, so I'm weary of any rumors that it becomes more difficult to play.

E92 M3

A "glitch" that'll never be fixed just like character given missions still have the "replay" option disabled.

Most likely...GTA V is such an amazing game - and these shenanigans with Online are putting a sour taste in my mouth. It's like two completely different teams designed this game.

Any news on LSC glitchers?

Everyone who didn't do it egregiously (I'm guessing >100 Million), based on this thread wasn't affected. Lucky rascals, I say!

That is a sad truth, unfortunately. Same reason that the last FTP game I played was Gunbound.

Lol I get that they're fucking up on multiple fronts right now, but would you guys please stop freaking out about a comment from a random person on their site? He obviously has no idea what he's talking about, and everybody going crazy without any proof is how rumors spread.

Geez.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I get that they're fucking up on multiple fronts right now, but would you guys please stop freaking out about a comment from a random person on their site? He obviously has no idea what he's talking about, and everybody going crazy without any proof is how rumors spread.

Geez.

Your logic has no place here!

Top Bottom