• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

zma1013

Yeah, they either need to create some system that can somehow detect when someone is attacking someone thus removing the penalty for blowing up the cars or just remove the Bad Sport punishment from doing it. If someone's shooting at me or crashing into me or whatever, it should deem them expendable.

Ephemeris

Still no sign of my lost 10 levels.

Hate to be one of those guys, but no fucks on the $$ glitch now.

That ban threat, though. : /

Omni

If you're really desperate to blow someone up in their car, just put a bounty on their head. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't make you a "bad sport". Well I haven't got any messages while doing it... only downside is that you lose a $1000

Imm0rt4l

I never blow up someone's car without a good reason to. I'm not one of those people who just attacks people on sight. If they attack me is a different story though.

I've defended myself from players quite a lot.

I only intentionally blow someone up when I'm on foot and they're after me by vehicle, and event then I'm weighing my options. I wouldn't blow up someone if they're chasing me by car and I'm in a car, that's just taking an easy way out imo(but you and many others I'm sure feel differently).

I don't know how long it takes for the bad sports warning to reset, maybe 48 in game hours, or maybe after so many missions. Maybe it's based on something else.

louiedog

I'm a level 26 and still haven't received a bonus for being a good sport. I don't think I've blown up a single player's car or quit a match.

Level 29 and received exactly one $1,000 reward for being a good sport. I've gotten bad sport warnings 3 times, all after being kicked from play for no reason.

Level 29 and received exactly one $1,000 reward for being a good sport. I've gotten bad sport warnings 3 times, all after being kicked from play for no reason.

Weak.

So is the reward just random? Because a couple of my friends are ranked in the higher teens and low 20s and they said they've received a reward a couple of times now.

Imm0rt4l

I'm a level 26 and still haven't received a bonus for being a good sport. I don't think I've blown up a single player's car or quit a match.

Every bonus I've gotten has been sometime after getting a bad sport warning. I think getting a $1000 reward is the game basically letting you know you're in the safe now/net positive. This is just a guess though.

Still no sign of my lost 10 levels.

Hate to be one of those guys, but no fucks on the $$ glitch now.

That ban threat, though. : /

Fuck a ban threat.

If they had given me the opportunity I'd have paid for my millions.

They can't even give us free money!

Take that money... they owe you, 10 levels smh.

Ted

I'm level 51, I've had a couple of bad sport warnings for blowing up personal vehicles and according to the social club stats (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/stats/gtaonline/cash) I have received $13,000 in good sport rewards (presumably 13 @ $1k a time). I spend most of my time in co-op doing missions, dicking around in free-roam and now and then racing.

I suspect doing co-op missions (especially with crew members/friends) is why I have a reasonable number but don't know for sure.

Ok more hilarity.

Some one ended up randomly killing me a few times so I thought I'd get revenge it did involve destroying his personal car a few times but it was funny.

Point 1. Started chasing him throwing sticky bombs and detonating them caught him on the freeway, that was a fun one.

Point 2. I knew he'd come back for me so I parked the stolen super car I had (wasnt anyones just a random) and placed a random sticky on the rear side then lay in wait. He then pulled up to that car so detonated the bomb again (hilarious rage on the mic upon death on his part)

Too funny

:)

Why are people allowed to hide in apartments while they have a bounty? It's bullshit I can't kill them. Guy even let me in and all I could do is walk slowly around him.

I'm a bad sport for defending myself apparently.

*Sigh*

0_0.jpg

Just before this happened, I got a $1000 reward for being a good sport too!

Wear it with pride knowing you did the right thing. besides it is only two days!

0_0.jpg

I blow up peoples cars all the time after they kill me by attaching a sticky bomb on a car and kamikazing into their ass :)

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Why are people allowed to hide in apartments while they have a bounty? It's bullshit I can't kill them. Guy even let me in and all I could do is walk slowly around him.
There should be a short duration that doesn't let you leave free roam too. I'm guilty of this. I will lead people around the map as they try to collect a bounty on me and I'll join a mission or a race right when they are about to kill me.

Tawpgun

Yeah bounties hiding in apartments is lame. Whenever I have one I never go to my apartment? Who the hell wastes 48 minutes just idling?

Whenever I have a bounty I usually take a helicopter and defend myself from the air.

I like to give people a chance. If it's $9,000 on my head, I just wait around for people in a tank or beeline it to the military base and get in a jet and chill above the clouds. 48 minutes of progress levelling up my flying skill. If I'm waiting in my apartment watching Impotent Rage and someone's camped outside waiting for me, I set a bounty on them. See how they like it. My favorite thing to do was whenever a bounty hunter would buzz my apartment, I'd buzz them in, let them get comfortable and then leave in slow motion (the walking in the apartment lol). I'd wait for them outside and shoot them once they realized what happened and then return to my TV shows.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I say fuck the threats.

I wasted 5 hours this weekend winning races and leveling and their servers lost my XP twice. The actual game thinks I'm level 40 right now because when I leveled up last, it said a new parachute was available to buy, but when I go to Ammunation, it says I need to be level 40 to buy it.

AReed

How do people make so much money in this game?

Granted, I am a level 12, but I only have 30k to my name. I don't die a lot, and I do a decent number of missions whenever I log on. Do the higher levels yield more $$ per mission? I can't see myself making 400k to buy an apartment. At this rate, I would need to be a level 147.

It took me till level 27 to buy the $223,000 apartment. Just keep doing missions, races, and join survivals (you have to be lvl 15 to host but you can join at any lvl).

And then there's also the stimulus package we'll be getting sometime in the next few days.

Grinchy

Banned
So can you get put in the bad sport servers, not play the game for 2 days, and then be in regular servers when you play again?

I ask because I often go a week without getting to play. If I know I won't be able to play for a while, I'll just go around blowing shit up.

So can you get put in the bad sport servers, not play the game for 2 days, and then be in regular servers when you play again?

I ask because I often go a week without getting to play. If I know I won't be able to play for a while, I'll just go around blowing shit up.

Yeah. You should also know that if you blow up cars in the bad sport server, your stay gets extended.

Spasm

I like to give people a chance. If it's $9,000 on my head, I just wait around for people in a tank or beeline it to the military base and get in a jet and chill above the clouds. 48 minutes of progress levelling up my flying skill. If I'm waiting in my apartment watching Impotent Rage and someone's camped outside waiting for me, I set a bounty on them. See how they like it. My favorite thing to do was whenever a bounty hunter would buzz my apartment, I'd buzz them in, let them get comfortable and then leave in slow motion (the walking in the apartment lol). I'd wait for them outside and shoot them once they realized what happened and then return to my TV shows.

Now that GTAO has Obamacare (lower death premiums), I don't mind duking it out with a price on my head. I use it as an excuse to lay traps for people, in fact.

DRE Fei

I'm playing the "Extradition" mission and as soon as I kill the second target, we instantly fail the mission. Has anyone else had missions randomly failing like this?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Is this east coast/west coast beef real?

I'm flying out to Liberty City to shoot a video soon

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Truly is a dumb and flawed system. Can't believe there are people here who think its good

I believe you get Bad Sport if you quit out of a mission; which is understandable (barring connection issues out of the player's control of course). Never quite understood why blowing up personal vehicles counts as being a Bad Sport though.

Imm0rt4l

I'm playing the "Extradition" mission and as soon as I kill the second target, we instantly fail the mission. Has anyone else had missions randomly failing like this?
Never had that happen. Im usually able to retrieve the vriefcase right then. Im not even sure you can destroyb the briefcase.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what? Someone was just chasing me around the map for the bounty on my head, and out of self-defense I blew him up while he was in his car. Then I got warned by the game to never do it again, 'or else' and got charged $10K in insurance. Really? I mean, fine, don't let the guy pay 10K for me blowing up his car, but don't make me pay such sums of money for pure self-defense, that's just silly and unfair...

Tawpgun

I believe you get Bad Sport if you quit out of a mission; which is understandable (barring connection issues out of the player's control of course). Never quite understood why blowing up personal vehicles counts as being a Bad Sport though.

I think you should be able to quit if your lives run out. The game might not even punish you for this, not sure.

But when someone is AFK miles away while the rest of the party is dead... I should be allowed to quit.

Acorn

Has anyone seen a hard-top Mini Cooper in this game or are they all convertibles?
All convertibles I've seen.

I wish you could buy another garage. I think that might have been the plan otherwise What's the point of the 10 car garages without an apt?

Okay so I've been on vacation this past week and just updated and logged into the game. I always play in private lobbies but now I'm getting bombarded with game invites. I check the player list and it's just me and my cousin. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm seriously getting an invite every 5 seconds.

Qwell

I would definitely love a 16 or 20 car garage / apt. I've already filled up my 10 car and I have more cars I want to trick out. It's just my thing now, I want a Jay Leno garage, drive a different car for every mission I do.

I think you should be able to quit if your lives run out. The game might not even punish you for this, not sure.

But when someone is AFK miles away while the rest of the party is dead... I should be allowed to quit.

I'm starting to run into people more and more who join a mission with you and then seem to just set the controller down and do something else while you do all the work. I did A Titan of a Job by myself last night while the other two (same crew tag) literally didn't move. Then when we spawned back into free roam I highlighted their dots and sure enough they were running around playing again.

I would've flipped out if I used up our lives and just had to sit there watching them do nothing. I would likely just quit and take the bad sport points, which is pretty ironic.

AReed

Got the Ratloader and the Gauntlet within like 10 minutes of playing a solo session. The Gauntlet was literally right outside my apartment.

Now I need more money to customize them. I only have $1200 right now lol.

d0t1q

Neo Member
Weak.

So is the reward just random? Because a couple of my friends are ranked in the higher teens and low 20s and they said they've received a reward a couple of times now.

I was level 8 when I first received the award, I was under the impression it was a start of the week kinda thing

Top Bottom