• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Searren

Participating in 25 races for an award doesn't work. I've done 37 different ones and it still only says 22/25.

It's poorly described. What it really wants you to do is to start 25 races. Could be the same one. Replaying a race doesn't count. You need to go in to a race and do it. Go out to free roam and go back in. It's the going in that's counted. I had played every race in the game and didn't have that stat completed. Took me a while to figure out what it really wanted.

My character refuses to save. I back out of online through the menu properly every time and every time I log back in I've lost my levels. Should be almost 60 by now, stuck at 54.

Codeblew

What is the max money you can lose if you forget to put your money in the bank or just get tired of doing it all the time in my case?

My character refuses to save. I back out of online through the menu properly every time and every time I log back in I've lost my levels. Should be almost 60 by now, stuck at 54.

Try hitting start, go to the online store and then cancel out once it loads. That may get the save to work.

JerC

It's poorly described. What it really wants you to do is to start 25 races. Could be the same one. Replaying a race doesn't count. You need to go in to a race and do it. Go out to free roam and go back in. It's the going in that's counted. I had played every race in the game and didn't have that stat completed. Took me a while to figure out what it really wanted.

Does there need to be other people there? Guessing it's not a race otherwise

Rockstar support is a fucking joke. 264 hours, 91 levels, all lost since saturday. Have they gotten back to me? No. Have they given me any indication that I'll get my character back? No. I really, really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. I loved this game because of the potential it has, but they're focusing on patching the wrong goddamned things. The Social Club site shows my progress, why can't they just create a character with those same stats instead of throwing virtual money at a problem? $500,000 is a drop in the bucket compared to the time I spent levelling. I wish they cared.

E92 M3

Rockstar support is a fucking joke. 264 hours, 91 levels, all lost since saturday. Have they gotten back to me? No. Have they given me any indication that I'll get my character back? No. I really, really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. I loved this game because of the potential it has, but they're focusing on patching the wrong goddamned things. The Social Club site shows my progress, why can't they just create a character with those same stats instead of throwing virtual money at a problem? $500,000 is a drop in the bucket compared to the time I spent levelling. I wish they cared.

I wish you the best -- and as long as social club is accurate, have hope.

Ploid 3.0

Well I did something stupid. I tried to line my chopper above Agnostic and jump with him as he was in a parachute and I totally misjudged his height. Chopped him up in the blades.

tranciful

When you buy one you ring to get it and it costs 1000 each time. It also spawns away from you. So even if you go to a spawn point first they will spawn it somewhere else. Pretty stupid and worthless.

Wow that is awful. Are tanks similar? Or do you just park it in your garage? If all super-class vehicles are like the helicopters it'd make some sense.

So since acceleration can be significantly increased through mods, and brakes slightly so, are the top speed and handling stats essentially the most important stats to consider when buying a car?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So how do you start that opening race with just Lamar, and no human players? I don't want to play with anyone, I just want to run around the city with my own character. But I can't get the first face to start with Lamar only. I've seen tons of videos of that race with a player and Lamar...but me? It's always forcing me to play with 8 players. Even if I pick solo, or invite only.

bumclot

So how do you start that opening race with just Lamar, and no human players? I don't want to play with anyone, I just want to run around the city with my own character. But I can't get the first face to start with Lamar only. I've seen tons of videos of that race with a player and Lamar...but me? It's always forcing me to play with 8 players. Even if I pick solo, or invite only.

Been a while since I did the tutorial, but I think you have to be with other people. After the race you have to do a mission with other players and I think rob a store with them as well. Sucks, but its just a few jobs.

Derrick01

Banned
They really did drastically slash the money you get for jobs. I did some jobs with a friend earlier today and I don't think I earned more than 3500 on 1 job. How the hell am I supposed to get money now? I hate what Rockstar's done to this game.

ScRYeD

Been a while since I did the tutorial, but I think you have to be with other people. After the race you have to do a mission with other players and I think rob a store as well. Sucks, but its just a few jobs.
I hate it when your with another person you start driving to the drug deal and the dude jumps out for a motorcycle and I lose my starter car after that stupid cutscene with Gerald :(

They really did drastically slash the money you get for jobs. I did some jobs with a friend earlier today and I don't think I earned more than 3500 on 1 job. How the hell am I supposed to get money now? I hate what Rockstar's done to this game.
Like most of the other people....start lsc glitching.
Better off doing 1 lap racing..makes you a ton more money then all mission combined.

Tawpgun

So since acceleration can be significantly increased through mods, and brakes slightly so, are the top speed and handling stats essentially the most important stats to consider when buying a car?

I was gonna ask this. I'm sitting in LSC right now trying to see what I need to soupe up my Sultan and it looks like there is no way to modify top speed. What were they thinking in LS Customs balancing?

There should be something that allows you to edge up the top speed a litte. Acceleration can be maxed out with the turbo. Oh, and lots of things that should help a cars performance don't.

What if Armor slowed the acceleration/top speed down? The spoiler and suspension should up the traction stat. Wheels should perform differently in different scenarios.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Been a while since I did the tutorial, but I think you have to be with other people. After the race you have to do a mission with other players and I think rob a store with them as well. Sucks, but its just a few jobs.

Maybe they changed it with the patch or something. I just checked and yeah, people used to race with just Lamar and do these opening missions alone. This is a massive bummer. Oh well.

Ploid 3.0

Maybe they changed it with the patch or something. I just checked and yeah, people used to race with just Lamar and do these opening missions alone. This is a massive bummer. Oh well.

Near the launch of online the matchmaking didn't work. That's why some was able to get in with just Lamar. Now you can do it by blocking ports on the router to disable matchmaking.

Acorn

Top speed doesn't matter, you never reach it anyway (check your fastest car stats). Accleration and traction are the main things.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, his mother, who was nearby is all "Nobody wants to play with an 8 year-old" and "That games' not for you." At which point someone in the lobby starts laughing at the kid and he gets upset.

That's some good parenting right there.

What an awful little snot. I would have laughed hard if I'd heard his mum say something like that over the mic. Just hilarious thinking of some little brat trying to play and be cool online while his parents do the dishes and laundry in the background, shaking their head at their steaming little shit of a son.

Btw, can someone clarify a couple of things for me?

1. When racing in a certain vehicle class for win unlocks, do impromptu races count?

2. Does it count when you race with people exclusively from your crew/friends?

3. I read somewhere that motorcycles count towards all vehicle types. Is this true?

Dysun

Went on a hell of a rampage with sticky bomb suicide attacks, buzzard attack chopper, and my buddies tank. Lets see how much fun Bad Sports sessions really are

Acorn

What an awful little snot. I would have laughed hard if I'd heard his mum say something like that over the mic. Just hilarious thinking of some little brat trying to play and be cool online while his parents do the dishes and laundry in the background, shaking their head at their steaming little shit of a son.

Btw, can someone clarify a couple of things for me?

1. When racing in a certain vehicle class for win unlocks, do impromptu races count?

2. Does it count when you race with people exclusively from your crew/friends?

3. I read somewhere that motorcycles count towards all vehicle types. Is this true?
1 not certain, but I don't believe so.

2 Yes, aslong as you have atleast one opponent, it doesn't matter if they are crew or friends.

3 Yes that's true. It's also the case for supercars.

Hilti92

I was playing earlier with my cousin and some guy kept killing me for no reason. Now, this is to be expected but it's a shame the game responds you very close to where you were killed. Got killed 14 times before I could finally kill him. I had no bullets, he had an assault rifle. No fair.

Cargobob was hovering around the helipads. I made the universal sign for "pick me up" by just sitting around in my car. As he was flying me to the airport a plane suddenly came straight at us. I sailed my car down to safety with a hail of fire and wreckage above me.

Drove the busted ass car the rest of the way, got in heli, had a bumper car derby against another player heli, eventually the cops showed up and I landed on top of three cop cars and about as many explosions. Spawned and got shot for no reason. Grabbed a car to see if there was anything in the hangar. Saw a guy on a bike behind me, since he wasn't immediately shooting me I thought he was racing, but of course he was just trying to get close enough to attach a sticky bomb.

Got in a heli. Just as I was about to catch up to and try to land on a Titan midair, it exploded and a jet flew by. Hit Y just a little too late to not finally succeed at bailing out (and surviving) right before the second round of missiles hit. Then I switched session because I knew he'd just circle around the airport and shoot down anything as soon it got in the air. Kind of like how he and his buddy tried to shoot me every time they saw me on foot.

In the new session I went to the desert airfield, grabbed a heli, and as I was closing in to parachute above Los Santos at maximum altitude I got kicked.

Don't you just love and hate this game?

Codeblew

My new favorite thing to do is put bounties and mercenaries on random people and watch the mayhem on my TV in my apartment.

Check your stats page. Have you hit 250mph?

Nope. 127mph. But I don't have any clue why that would matter to the discussion. 250mph is nigh on impossible in real life anyway. You have to be in a very controlled environment.

Ultimately some cars in GTA can go faster than others. It likely doesn't make a big difference between the variances in high powered vehicles, but between highs, mids, and lows, it can probably be noticed. (I.e. You won't notice between a Vacca and an Adder, but you will between a Vacca and a Sandking.)

Acorn

Nope. 127mph. But I don't have any clue why that would matter to the discussion. 250mph is nigh on impossible in real life anyway. You have to be in a very controlled environment.

Ultimately some cars in GTA can go faster than others. It likely doesn't make a big difference between the variances in high powered vehicles, but between highs, mids, and lows, it can probably be noticed. (I.e. You won't notice between a Vacca and an Adder, but you will between a Vacca and a Sandking.)
My point stands you never hit top speed. I've won over 50 races and own two supercars I've only hit 138mph.

Ploid 3.0

where does one find the Sandking XL?

Near the swampy area on the left side of the map in the wilderness.

eZhew64.png

There was a guide last week that showed the prices and views of the places to buy with pictures and everything, anyone have the link by any chance?

Start Menu, Online, Players.

It shouldn't take that long and that many menu's, but you can see who's talking and mute from there. It's better than GTAIV at least where you had to go around to everyones blip and see if they were talking.
AFAIK you can do nothing in pre-match lobbies. Please tell me I'm wrong.

One guy had a busted mic that kept making this obnoxious noise. You don't exactly want to fiddle around in menus once the race has started. Had to take my headphones off.

I'll try to remember this, thanks.

---

So I was thinking, but the import/export missions for Simeon make no sense. It used to be about exotic cars and big payoffs but I'm getting generic cheap-ass cars for him and getting paid less than the 9k I'll make every 48 min at LSC.

It's not surprising that no one really makes an effort to deliver the vehicles online considering the hassle, investment, and payoff. I really think if they changed it to comets and GTs, etc. people would get a lot more interested.

No one really cares about crate drops, either. (Not to mention sometimes they glitch where they never drop)

Also, I saw security cars fairly regularly in solo online but only once in multiplayer online. I chased the damn thing and disappeared right in front of me. Is it really too much to ask that it travels from Point A to Point B before leaving off screen?
All Simeon's car collectathon does is annoy me when I accidentally steal a car on the list and get two stars on me. Would appreciate it if you had to activate it somehow.

My point stands you never hit top speed. I've won over 50 races and own two supercars I've only hit 138mph.

But that could be top speed. Maybe your supercar only goes to 138mph (not realistic for real life, but maybe it is for GTA). The 127.55 top speed I have is in a Karin Sultan. From the spreadsheet going around, the Sultan has a 7.8 top speed. Most supercars are in the low 8s. It's certainly possible that 10mph difference is reflected in those numbers.

I'm not suggesting chasing tenths of a point in top speed if it means sacrificing handling or brakes, but I think it nonetheless is a stat I wouldn't ignore.

Acorn

But that could be top speed. Maybe your supercar only goes to 138mph (not realistic for real life, but maybe it is for GTA). The 127.55 top speed I have is in a Karin Sultan. From the spreadsheet going around, the Sultan has a 7.8 top speed. Most supercars are in the low 8s. It's certainly possible that 10mph difference is reflected in those numbers.

I'm not suggesting chasing tenths of a point in top speed if it means sacrificing handling or brakes, but I think it nonetheless is a stat I wouldn't ignore.
No my super cars top speed is 250 and 240 mph.

I don't even think it's possible to hit it ingame.

Top Bottom