• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Put a sticky bomb on a helicopter, wait for unsuspecting player to take helicopter then randomly blow it up. Bonus points if you follow it somewhat and blow it up over a populated area. :lol

So I finally bought my buzzard but pegasys doesn't deliver. I thought it would be like Merryweather and it would just be dropped off. It's lame that you can't access it from the roof or anything.

So I really don't know what you would want to do with a ton of money in this game.

Ugh, I switch the chat option back to everyone and am reminded why I have it set to just crew and friends. Can't go ten seconds without hearing kids saying n****a or various slurs regarding sexual orientation and the inability to mute their fucking mics.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Really? It didn't seem quicker from the video. I'm going to do this on another account and just go crazy and see if they bann it. Heck a new way to make fast money will probably be found in the future.

I'm just doing it on my main. I don't give a fuck at this point.

JerC

No my super cars top speed is 250 and 240 mph.

I don't even think it's possible to hit it ingame.

It was the same offline. The only way to get anyway close to a vehicles top speed to register was to race it. I got 186mph in the banshee during a race. Before that the highest I could get it was 124mph. The car was still going the same speed but for some reason it only registered during the races. The online beta is more messed up so even races won't fix it there.

Where would be the best place to try to max my speed? The beach?

One of the races along the highway. I managed 154.57 mph in the Bati against a bunch of Akumas. They have better acceleration but I still won.

Acorn

It was the same offline. The only way to get anyway close to a vehicles top speed to register was to race it. I got 186mph in the banshee during a race. Before that the highest I could get it was 124mph. The car was still going the same speed but for some reason it only registered during the races. The online beta is more messed up so even races won't fix it there.

One of the races along the highway. I managed 154.57 mph in the Bati against a bunch of Akumas. They have better acceleration but I still won.
The counter could be quite easily borked I suppose. I've felt like I was going top speed in the adder a couple of times on the freeway.

Ostinatto

isnmuwRB0X4lt.png

OMG !!

How is that possible? :O

No my super cars top speed is 250 and 240 mph.

I don't even think it's possible to hit it ingame.

If catch up is on, you slow down when in first.

Anyway... I keep giving this online a shot.. but it's just so damn boring. Getting into a game takes so long, and then people leave after every other match.

Oh, and did anyone else randomly gain 1 million bucks?

I know Rockstar was supposed to give 500k, but I got 1 million a few days ago...

Ploid 3.0

If catch up is on, you slow down when in first.

Anyway... I keep giving this online a shot.. but it's just so damn boring. Getting into a game takes so long, and then people leave after every other match.

Oh, and did anyone else randomly gain 1 million bucks?

I know Rockstar was supposed to give 500k, but I got 1 million a few days ago...

It's probably a exploit someone found. Someone ended up giving me 8mil and I only found out the next day. It randomly pays to play.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
1 not certain, but I don't believe so.

2 Yes, aslong as you have atleast one opponent, it doesn't matter if they are crew or friends.

3 Yes that's true. It's also the case for supercars.

Wow, crazy. Thanks very much for the confirmation!

I can't cheat. Whenever I exit to SP and start an invite only, everything reverts back to a state before I even transfered my alts cash to the bank.

When I joined a public game and sold the car, I spawned back in my apartment. The car was still in the garage but all the mods were gone. When I then changed the spawn to last location and sold the car again, I spawned outside LSC, the car was gone and no longer in my garage. So that's me out $100k and no car to show for it.

Luckily I could just revert all of that.
Things are all sorts of broken. Hopefully it'll break itself out the right way eventually.

Can someone help with find the new glitch with making money with the Sandking?

I read how swapping characters when selling with swap you back in your car outside of LSC, but why are people using the Sandking truck & not an Adder or one of the more expensive cars?

Can someone help with find the new glitch with making money with the Sandking?

I read how swapping characters when selling with swap you back in your car outside of LSC, but why are people using the Sandking truck & not an Adder or one of the more expensive cars?

You can't sell vehicles that cost more than $50,000. The Sandking cost 45,000, the closest vehicle to 50,000.

Someone camped me outside of LSC. Called Pegasus, got my tank and murdered him and his buddy until they quit.

I wouldn't have done it but they purposely destroyed my personal vehicle after killing me.

It was on!

You can't sell vehicles that cost more than $50,000. The Sandking cost 45,000, the closest vehicle to 50,000.
Don't know how this is supposed to work though, because you can certainly sell the Baller and Felon etc, which are $90k on the site.

But what matters is the total value you get after throwing all the mods on the car. Sandking has a bunch. I don't know if you'd ultimately get more for other cars. You could try I guess.
Or hell, I'll try it. I've got magical save-saving powers after all.

There is a new glitch apparently, people are maxing out the mods on a Sandking & are able to sell it infinitely.

I don't know how or why it is better than selling a maxed out Adder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwnnmpUIcI

Thought that sort of stuff had been patched and that's why this is better. I've been misled.
I'll just sell my gosh darned Silver Diamond then.

edit
No worky. After I've done the random car selling and storeing I'm spawned back in the random car going into LSC, where I get the "don't need any vehicles" message if I try to sell the car again.

Even the cheating doesn't work properly in this damned game. :(

Tawpgun

Got some crazy GTA stories.

1st, me and a friend see a guy with a bounty. He seems to be in the industrial area of Los Santos. We fly over in an annihilator, and the bounty and his friend are seemingly underwater. We wait for them to come up for breath... and they never do. Must be submarines... but im not sure, maybe scuba gear is in MP and they found it.

So I have my friend jump out and investigate but he can't see shit, they were deep out. So I pick him up (in water pickups are still possible but they are a bit jankier and more inconsistent than in GTAIV) and we fly to the docks to pick up a sub of our own in a Cargobob.

My friend gets in the sub and I pick him up in the Cargobob. We haul ass to where they still are and lo and behold they are out of the water in a cargobob trying to pick up a sub. THIS IS MY CHANCE TO KILL THEM is my first reaction, so I ram their cargobob hoping to blow it up, doesn't work, we both get tangled, my friend gets detatched and falls into the water, I'm fighting for control...

And then they can't control the chopper and they land in the water. I quickly recover and land, and then its fish in a barrel. They're trying desperatley to get to their subs and I mow them down.

Awesome.
------------------------

In another instance me and my friend were fighting off a guy and a copilot in a buzzard... It was near my apartment. That co-pilot missle is brutal. He got me at an extreme angle.

So I respawn and get a better spot with more cover. I manage to kill the pilot as he's unloading on me, and his crashing buzzard kills his co-pilot.

They spawn again and start taking aim but I quicky snipe them. Then they call merc's on me but I already got the merc jeep so fuck it, I went into my apartment and buzzed my friend in just in time.

Got some crazy GTA stories.

I love reading stuff like this.

I was in my $400,000 apartment one day watching Impotent Rage after drinking some whiskey when someone buzzes my door. I let them in, I sit back down to watch TV. My guest comes over and changes the channel. I change it back. He does the same. I stand up, stare at his character and slowly walk (it's always slowly :p) out my front door. I wait patiently for my guest outside and I shoot him in his goddamned head. I send him a text, "That's for changing the channel." Then I go back inside, set a $9,000 bounty on him and continue watching Impotent Rage.

I miss this game. I miss my character.

So I've finally got like 50K in the bank and I'm level 10. I want an apartment. I don't know why I just want one. Then I'm spending up on gun/car upgrades and the like.

A few questions -

1. Is there a good wiki/faq/whatever to online mode?
2. What is the base level house? Does it have a garage? How much is it?
3. How do I get a different / another car that I just automatically start with?

I purchased a Cheetah modded it to the tits, it's so awesome.

Shame it won't see the light of day in public lobbies.

What's the best plane to buy?

I don't fancy a jet.

Anyone know of a way to give away my money? I have about 2 mil I want to dump before I delete the character.

Also, people suck. Some one killed me in free roam. I kill them back until they issue a death match. I do the one-on-one death match and happen to best them (Or vice versa). I feel at that point it's settled yet most still continually try to hunt me down after. Death match should have a cool off period for interaction between the two involved players.

Ploid 3.0

Anyone know of a way to give away my money? I have about 2 mil I want to dump before I delete the character.

Rockstar disable, er I mean rockstar claims there's a glitch with the money trading system. Just like there's a glitch with replay missions. It may take them a while to fix those, lucky for them as both being active could cause problems for Rockstar money card demand.

It's straight up disabled. There's no use trying until they enable it again.

Rockstar disable, er I mean rockstar claims there's a glitch with the money trading system. Just like there's a glitch with replay missions. It may take them a while to fix those, lucky for them as both being active could cause problems for Rockstar money card demand.

It's straight up disabled. There's no use trying until they enable it again.

Booo. Just I'll hang onto my chud ugly female character

duckroll

So we're entering the fourth week of GTA Online now. Still no content creator. Still no heists. Still no new content. The stuff they promised would be coming "shortly" are nowhere in sight. The servers are still iffy. They're still "investigating" complaints about RP and cash not saving after each play session. The bonus money they first promised would be coming last week is still nowhere to be seen.

Good job on making GTA Online feel like a service with a bright future, Rockstar. I'm sure you've instilled great confidence in this mode. Lolz.

Good thing there's a bike race near the entrance of the cult camp. Once you get near that place in free mode, they will shoot your ass on site. Oddly enough, there's a gang attack located at the camp, yet I couldn't find a way to trigger it once I was inside the red circle. And once the police show up....all hell will break loose.

And I tried a Lester mission where you have to steal two SUVs underground....fucking mission blows

Acorn

I purchased a Cheetah modded it to the tits, it's so awesome.

Shame it won't see the light of day in public lobbies.

What's the best plane to buy?

I don't fancy a jet.
Dunno about best, but I'm looking into getting a mallard (stunt plane I think), I don't fancy a jet either. Especially when they are easy as hell to find.

Top Bottom