• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

red731

I was loading up the game to play some online just now and noticed that Rockstar must've patched in the 2Spooky4U patch. Because a ghost carrying shopping bags keeps entering Michael's house.

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/7781/LEWUexLKAEGsPkVb9bi3TA/0_0.jpg[//IMG]

I know, Amanda, it's very shocking.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/5507/3uHwJjjuR0CT5Q7mvuvFYA/0_0.jpg

Yup. Happened 24days ago to me too
KuGsj.gif

For great TV viewing, select a group in a car, switch to the passenger, then hood cam, then turn the camera around so you're watching cockpit. It's pretty awesome.

They do need to fix it so you can get rid of the HUD when viewing on tv, just like spectating during a mission.

Alo, so decrease loading times, when the person you're spectating dies, it should switch to the nearest player.

Also, when you buy a plane or helicopter do you always have access to it? How?

I believe once you buy a plane, you ask for it to be delivered by the expensive delivery service... Pegasus or whatever it is. Unsure how they actually get it to you, or if they bring it to an airport or something.

Just looked it up --

You call pegasus, which delivers the plane to you at the airport or helipad. But, I guess you have to pay $1000 for the delivery, which is really lame...

The voting system is counter intuitive. It is hard enough to fill a free aim lobby but the lack of choice after a game often breaks up the room. If you aren't going to let us party up and tackle specific missions (that should be organized accordingly) at least let us keep refreshing until we find something we like.

I like the idea of the voting system, but the implementation is poor. As a host, I should be able to set it so that it only randomizes specific game modes or randomize everything. For instance, a race-only voting screen or a deathmatch only screen at the end... or, what I would like, missions-only.

Tawpgun

I believe once you buy a plane, you ask for it to be delivered by the expensive delivery service... Pegasus or whatever it is. Unsure how they actually get it to you, or if they bring it to an airport or something.

Just looked it up --

You call pegasus, which delivers the plane to you at the airport or helipad. But, I guess you have to pay $1000 for the delivery, which is really lame...

Only 1000? Not bad. I thought it would be a lot higher.

Gotta save up and buy me a buzzard.

And yeah, the Titan is straight up useless. I wish you could store cars and shit in it in MP.
I'm assuming tanks work the same way?

That remidns me, the post-mission screen is horrible. Vote if you like it everytime. You voted? Good. Hit continue – we can't be sure you want to do that. Ready to continue? Vote for what you'd like to do next. 5/6 people voted for a mission? Well, we better wait for that sixth person's vote, just in case.

Shit takes twice as long as it needs to.

Revven

So has the "stimulus package" been given out yet? I haven't been able to play for about a week or so... so I'm out of the loop on it. :p

So has the "stimulus package" been given out yet? I haven't been able to play for about a week or so... so I'm out of the loop on it. :p
Nope. Could use it, too. Once you spend all your cash on an expensive car its a fun game of earning 10k and spending it one mod.

duckroll

They're probably not giving out the stimulus yet because there are still ongoing reports of progress not saving properly. That has to be fixed for good first, or they'll just have more problems on their hands.

At this rate they'll have to give us the $500,000 in a lump sum to beat the end-of-month deadline. Though realistically they'll just post-pone the second payment to next month.

duckroll

I've created a playlist before, but what are the odds of getting it to fill up?

Oh, yeah. If you need to play with more than just your friends, there's really no good solution right now. It's annoying too, because it would be great to be able to form a party of 4 for example, and get into a game of Top Fun against another party of 4, without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

E92 M3

Oh, yeah. If you need to play with more than just your friends, there's really no good solution right now. It's annoying too, because it would be great to be able to form a party of 4 for example, and get into a game of Top Fun against another party of 4, without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

It would be amazing if this game had a Halo or COD style matchmaking system. These days, those seem pivotal to MP game success.

Dabanton

Anyone else getting a saving failed message?

I already lost 30 grand last night as it wasn't saving and I had to turn my console off and go to bed.

It would be amazing if this game had a Halo or COD style matchmaking system. These days, those seem pivotal to MP game success.

Yeah it needs that kind of speed to it. If enough people in the room vote for something it should override us having to wait for anyone else to vote. Too many times we had to shout at someone who probably has left their console to go do something else after the race or match has finished and hasn't voted.

A minute should be enough time for people to do what they need to do pre match/race.

The instance system really ruins the immersion of the game. I realize it'd be griefer's heaven, but seeing a race rip through the streets or a gang chasing players, or a deathmatch happening on top of a building would be awesome while you're just wandering around. Plus, this is all the cool stuff and you can't even watch it from your house.

The best fix I could come up with is making these instances 'ghosted' so those not involved can't grief.

Jb

Do NPCs sometime put a bounty on your head when you steal their ride? I got on a Sanchez which I got from an NPC in Sandy SHore, got a text "You stole my ride asshole", and got a 7k bounty on me.

Yeah, the lack of a party system is perplexing. I wouldn't even care if my buddies and I were split into different teams on the same game... But... not being able to play with friends and others is bizarre.

Aye. I can't imagine this didn't come up in a meeting at some point and how it didn't become a priority. Didn't GTAIV have a rudimentary party system?

The instance system really ruins the immersion of the game. I realize it'd be griefer's heaven, but seeing a race rip through the streets or a gang chasing players, or a deathmatch happening on top of a building would be awesome while you're just wandering around. Plus, this is all the cool stuff and you can't even watch it from your house.

The best fix I could come up with is making these instances 'ghosted' so those not involved can't grief.

Yep, and that was the model they showed previewers... They all mentioned how you could be doing a race and somebody would interfere while being chased by cops. That's only with the "impromptu race" or "impromptu deathmatch" something I've basically never seen in 30 hours of play. What we're playing now is disconnected from alot of what they described and showed in the videos. Has anybody, ever once, done a scene with a group of people riding ATVs and then jumping off the side of a cliff to pull a parachute? This was a gif/video shown endlessly pre-launch... I'm level 30 and have never even seen an ATV.

JerC

Always delivered my cars without a scratch -- my mechanic is worth $50 dollars a day lol.

He's delivered some of mine into the water and upside down. I make sure to beat him every time. Might as well get some use out of him and train strenght.

Fully loaded my Benefactor Schafter. Turbo, racing brakes, EMS Level 4, racing transmission, 40% armor, chin spoiler, low rear spoiler, side skirts, vented hood, Xenon headlights, bulletproof tires, darkened windows, etc. It's boss.

I think I prefer spending my money on upgrading a good car to make it great rather than buy a supercar. If I can find an Obey Tailgater, I'll probably do the same to it, even though it's the same car stats wise.

Do NPCs sometime put a bounty on your head when you steal their ride? I got on a Sanchez which I got from an NPC in Sandy SHore, got a text "You stole my ride asshole", and got a 7k bounty on me.

Yeah and it gets old fast. They really want you driving your own car apparently.

Yep, and that was the model they showed previewers... They all mentioned how you could be doing a race and somebody would interfere while being chased by cops. That's only with the "impromptu race" or "impromptu deathmatch" something I've basically never seen in 30 hours of play. What we're playing now is disconnected from alot of what they described and showed in the videos. Has anybody, ever once, done a scene with a group of people riding ATVs and then jumping off the side of a cliff to pull a parachute? This was a gif/video shown endlessly pre-launch... I'm level 30 and have never even seen an ATV.

I've read people complaining that when they get killed and bring up the one v one deathmatch, the other guys friend can still kill them so they're still playing 1 v 2. Fix this shit R*

Edit: Sorry, DP

Fruitster

Anyone else getting a saving failed message?

I already lost 30 grand last night as it wasn't saving and I had to turn my console off and go to bed.

No, but the game is still not saving correctly even when the game informs you it's doing so. Not half an hour ago I was playing with my brother - he lost six ranks and 100k where I was in the same lobby and it saved everything I'd done. Totally random. Great game when it works, but that seems a rarity.

Batigol

Banned
Is there a reason why matchmaking only invites people from the lobby? It's like 10 people tops mostly and they usually reject

Why not just invite everyone that's online worldwide?

Tawpgun

Is there a reason why matchmaking only invites people from the lobby? It's like 10 people tops mostly and they usually reject

it does. Matchmaking to open. Anyone joining from a quickmatch or walking into those mission circles is free game.

About the whole ATV into parachute free roam awesomeness they showed. You can do it but it has to be staged by friends.

Or wait until the content creator comes out. I for one want to make a bigger deathmatch, Circuit around San Andreas race, and a parachute mission that emphasizes freefalling more than parachuting.

I wonder if we can do missions....

RotBot

It's pretty busted. There seems to be a maximum number of open invites it allows at one time. If someone doesn't delete their text message to decline, they fill up a slot. For skill-matched invites, it appears to invite alphabetically, so people with ids beginning with "A-" must get a lot of invites. When I use quick job to join a race, it puts me into an empty lobby as host half the time.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to rack up 260 hours in a month? That's incredible.

I'd play for at least 8 hours every day for about three weeks. When Violent Duct got patched, I had to go somewhere, but didn't want to log out (and receive the patch), so I fixed my analog sticks with rubber bands and left it idling for a few hours. The only reason I keep bringing my character loss up is because it can still happen. The first time it happened, it was along with most other players during the first week, but for this to happen only three days ago? Awesome, Rockstar. And there's nothing they can do, despite the Social site accurately showing my previous stats.

You can set it to find matched players. If someone doesn't accept an invite after about 45 seconds, I just uninvite them and fill there slots with people from a different search criteria.

It's pretty busted. There seems to be a maximum number of open invites it allows at one time. If someone doesn't delete their text message to decline, they fill up a slot.

There's a way to uninvite them, I just can't exactly remember how right now. But yeah, I hate that it tries to pull from that skill-matched pool alphabetically.

I wouldn't mind, cause hey, free cash, unless it $1000. Then I'll join a lobby and people will try to kill me thinking its a worthwhile bounty.

As soon as you join a new lobby, people get notified of how much you're worth. Sometimes, it's not about the money. :)

He's delivered some of mine into the water and upside down. I make sure to beat him every time. Might as well get some use out of him and train strenght.
I used to rush to my car as he was pulling up and about 50% of the time, this motherfucker would have the nerve to get aggro'd. Oh, and god forbid he has to drive on a dirt road to get to you.

You can also get them when you steal a parked car with no NPC in it.

Yeah and it gets old fast. They really want you driving your own car apparently.

I think it's more that they want a healthy amount of bounties out there. If the only bounties were ones placed on players by other players, you wouldn't see it all that often.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Fully loaded my Benefactor Schafter. Turbo, racing brakes, EMS Level 4, racing transmission, 40% armor, chin spoiler, low rear spoiler, side skirts, vented hood, Xenon headlights, bulletproof tires, darkened windows, etc. It's boss.

I think I prefer spending my money on upgrading a good car to make it great rather than buy a supercar. If I can find an Obey Tailgater, I'll probably do the same to it, even though it's the same car stats wise.

Schafter gang reprazent! This car is cool as fuck, although I find the traction is pretty terrible, it takes some work getting used to cornering in this thing. I have it looking cosmetically pretty dope but I guess I need to win some more races to really trick out the engine (and get some better brakes which would be lovely). Favorite car by a longshot though, it feels powerful.

As soon as you join a new lobby, people get notified of how much you're worth. Sometimes, it's not about the money. :)
If you're not paying attention its quite easy to miss.

I think it's more that they want a healthy amount of bounties out there. If the only bounties were ones placed on players by other players, you wouldn't see it all that often.
Yep. They should increase the max bounty amount that can be set by players (keep NPC the same). I won't even bother for anything less than 7k, unless they just happen to be nearby.

---

The other night I had a crap bounty on me from an NPC but I had to take a piss, so instead of hiding in my apt., I grabbed a chopper, went as I high as I could above Mt. Chilliad, and jumped out. Pulled the ripcord and went to whizz.

After I finished, returned, and got near the city I heard a chopper nearby. Caught a cargobob descending upon me out of the corner of my eye and immediately sent my chute flying down. He chased after me. I landed, somehow he did and we mutually killed each other. I'm bitter.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It is a bit slow at that level though.

Yeah but you also rank up super quick. Just try 2 of every mission and you'll be level 10 super quick. Survival unlocks a little later, there are loads of really good co-op missions to do in the meantime... that's what the game is. If it sounds fun to you then play it. What part of driving around in circles for six hours is fun?

I can't blame anyone for skipping the first 20 levels where they trickle out RP and money. Plus then you can customize a decent car, and trust me at level 20 you won't have unlocked enough to make it amazing.

Yep. They should increase the max bounty amount that can be set by players (keep NPC the same). I won't even bother for anything less than 7k, unless they just happen to be nearby.

I'm pretty much the same, but I'll go a little out of my way for a 5k bounty.

The reduced death cost has definitely made bounty hunting more intriguing for me. It was discouraging to go after a 5k bounty, for example, and die once or twice trying to get it, thereby ending up with only a small profit.

I'm pretty much the same, but I'll go a little out of my way for a 5k bounty.

The reduced death cost has definitely made bounty hunting more intriguing for me. It was discouraging to go after a 5k bounty, for example, and die once or twice trying to get it, thereby ending up with only a small profit.
Word, I cant imagine at 2k per death.

Also, they need to put more money in crates. Those things get ignored a lot, partly because they always drop in the middle of nowhere. I tend to pick them up most when I'm in a heli that significantly reduces travel time and effort.

The other night I had a crap bounty on me from an NPC but I had to take a piss, so instead of hiding in my apt., I grabbed a chopper, went as I high as I could above Mt. Chilliad, and jumped out. Pulled the ripcord and went to whizz.
Wow, that's pretty ingenious. I used to accept a bullshit mission and wait at the setup screen if I had to go powder my nose and was away from my apt.

the boats are really cheap IIRC, might as well purchase one for the hell of it

I purchased the most one expensive one that seats 7 people (I think) and it's so fucking slow and not worth it. Buy a speedy boat!

Top Bottom