• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

painey

what the fuck is going on with this game?

I loaded it up to play with my friend and it had completely deleted my character from 2 weeks ago. I made a new character, loaded the intro and got 'kicked from the server by other players'. I proceeded to try 5 more times and get the same shit before I finally complete the race, only to be kicked out by 'other players' again.

All I want to do is hang out with my friend, but it wont even let me join his session (presumably because I haven't completed the tutorial to the online mode).

Pain in the fucking ass.

MisterNoisy

Found some cool cars:

NJUOr7g.jpg

Tawpgun

Yeah I don't see the point in glitching or grinding either. Got all my shit legit.

Can't wait for the stimulus though. Gonna stock upppp

Played with some friends and I took on the mantle of the terminator, following them wherever they went with ap pistol and sticky bomb in hand. They tried to flee but crashed near some train tracks. I pursued in an ambulance I acquired and bailed so it crashed into them. As I took cover. Behind a telephone pole, the three of them triedto escape in the ambulance, unfortunately for them there was a train heading right for them. As they got stuck between the train and a boulder I couldn't harm them, but the final train car was a huge gas tank, and with a few choice machine gun buets they fried like a fish on the Fourth of July, then I realized I was late for class and left.

JerC

1) I don't have the $500k from Rockstar yet, do you?

2) I didn't glitch anything, I've earned $473k thus far. It's all legitimate.

I've earned 8 mil without using violent duct or rooftop rumble. I also didn't glitch. The only thing I have done is exploit the fact that you can keep a car after a mission so you can sell a 100k car every hour. Technically that's not even cheating. So far every update has been to pretty much screw people like me. Cheaters get to keep cheating but missions for me are now worth shit. R* are making it very hard not to cheat.

Ephemeris

I've earned 8 mil without using violent duct or rooftop rumble. I also didn't glitch. The only thing I have done is exploit the fact that you can keep a car after a mission so you can sell a 100k car every hour. Technically that's not even cheating. So far every update has been to pretty much screw people like me. Cheaters get to keep cheating but missions for me are now worth shit. R* are making it very hard not to cheat.

I agree. And after losing my 10 levels....

so you're making 10k an hour doing that? how does that add up to millions <_<

unless you mean you actually get 100k for selling the car which i thought the limit was 50?

Pain in the fucking ass.

The entire online experience has been, for me. It's hard to get into quality rooms and find games, the difficulty of making money and everything being absurdly expensive, glitches, and my god, the loading times. The loading times are by far the biggest deterrent to play for me so far.

I also can't stand how many races there are compared to everything else. It's not a racing game, and I don't want to race, ever. I want to do heists, infiltrate places, assasinate, etc. Leave me alone, I'm not playing Forza.

Gorillaz

Started up the game after not playing it for a few days and say this in my apartment

0_0.jpg

I'm pretty sure my chick in this game don't move that fast.....Is this what people do nowadays? Is this what the cool kids are doing now? Materializing through the furniture.

The entire online experience has been, for me. It's hard to get into quality rooms and find games, the difficulty of making money and everything being absurdly expensive, glitches, and my god, the loading times. The loading times are by far the biggest deterrent to play for me so far.

I also can't stand how many races there are compared to everything else. It's not a racing game, and I don't want to race, ever. I want to do heists, infiltrate places, assasinate, etc. Leave me alone, I'm not playing Forza.

Agreed. It is far from a flawless online experience. I think some of the problems come from how fragmented the whole thing is. You've got aim assist lobbies separated from the free aim lobbies. You've got TDM, races, co-op missions, etc. You've got lots of activities to do in free roam. And yes, the loading times are bad, as are the numerous menu screens.

You want a cookie or something?

I'll have what the horse is having.

You want a cookie or something?

I do. gimme a cookie RIGHT NOW!

anyways, I'm doing things "legit" myself and so far I have $182,000 which is not much. I may just quit online though. The fact that they nerfed the payout for all missions just pisses me off not to mention the fact that R* have made the badsport system so you can't do this or that or hell even that. for a game called GTA Online, it really doesn't allow you have that freedom. Is it just me or should the bad sport system be used to place modders/hackers in one place?

torontoml

I have been playing since the 1st, bought the 253000 apartment, modded two stolen cars, and I still only had about $450000. With the reduced mission payouts, I feel the only way for me to continue enjoying this while playing is to glitch a few million so that saving money isn't my only concern.

JerC

so you're making 10k an hour doing that? how does that add up to millions <_<

unless you mean you actually get 100k for selling the car which i thought the limit was 50?

The sandking can be sold for around 100k. but I have only 2 mil from car sales. I have made the majority of it from missions.

Jomtos

Neo Member

Care to explain the part about selling the car? How that work?

JerC

Care to explain the part about selling the car? How that work?

If you and a friend do a mission, at the end sit into their car and then you get to keep it after and they have their own. Only works sometimes and usually when you don't enter the yellow marker.

dosh

Cheaters get to keep cheating but missions for me are now worth shit. R* are making it very hard not to cheat.

Since I bought my apartment, I don't really care about money anymore, but I can't understand the logic behind halving all missions rewards.
So what if players do the same missions over and over? There aren't that many available anyway, we're bound to play them all pretty often.

On another topic, I was doing High Priority Case solo and tried something: planting a sticky on a car and using a cargobob to drop it on the roof of the building. One baddie survived the explosion, the rest was pretty easy from there.

ScRYeD

Do you get more experience from playing against people that have a much higher rank than you? Or is it totally dependent on how you place?
You get like 20% more rp if you are playing with/against people.

Whats the difference between a impotante pheonix and a ruiner besides looks? Is one faster than another?

Imm0rt4l

I might be alone on this, but I feel like since having got a high end apartment and a decent ride, that I don't really have much to spend money on. I'm up to almost a million dollars right now, so I might get a super car soon I guess, but I need to have quite a bit more to have a decent buffer for which to spend on ammo and miscellaneous stuff.

torontoml

I might be alone on this, but I feel like since having got a high end apartment and a decent ride, that I don't really have much to spend money on. I'm up to almost a million dollars right now, so I might get a super car soon I guess, but I need to have quite a bit more to have a decent buffer for which to spend on ammo and miscellaneous stuff.
I just wanted to get a couple more vehicles so I LSC glitched for 3 million, that should be enough for me to continue enjoying the game.

honestly money was always just an annoying wall keeping me from fun, RP is what unlocks shit anyways, i just play whatever my friends are doing/whatever i feel like doing for fun, and having a shitton of cash makes that possible without running out of bullets or other stupid stuff.

i have endless fun just screwing around of doing stuff with friends. RP comes easily, money is a bitch that you really have to work for which honestly isn't that fun, i'm glad the glitches existed

altho to be fair i've apparently made about 2.5 million $ from just playing leisurely (albeit playing a lot)

does anyone on xbox want to trade a golf win to help with the completion stuff? we play two rounds, i do good in the first one and you get a really high score then we play another game and switch.

if anyone wants to do that now give me ur GT so we can play!

i'm back if anyone wants to do this? we can just do two 1 hole matches apparently.

I dont care about cheating but it is funny how cheaters are always like 'you're doing it too, everybody is'. If you're going to cheat at least own it and don't try to justify it with dumb shit like 'i only cheat cause everybody else does' please.

-Deimos

Here's a glitch I tripped upon last night.

Go to your garage and call Gerold for a job
Don't leave the garage until the job info shows up
open the job information on your phone but don't accept it yet
start to drive out your garage
accept the job offer as your car is coming out of the garage
start the job

FREE CAR!

Happened to me as well. Works with any contact, I think.

So, as far as jobs go the only enjoyable ones for me are the races.

Theres a few others that can be pretty entertaining, like 2 team drug/briefcase pickups.

Really hoping R* adds some more jobs that are actually fun, the deathmatches aren't really fun since everyone just has better guns than me...

-Deimos

Every time I finish a mission with another car, it always disappears and my personal car is parked nearby. How do you get the missions cars to stay?

ScRYeD

Every time I finish a mission with another car, it always disappears and my personal car is parked nearby. How do you get the missions cars to stay?
You need to have 2 or more people to do that, its been explained better a few posts back.

If you and a friend do a mission, at the end sit into their car and then you get to keep it after and they have their own. Only works sometimes and usually when you don't enter the yellow marker.

Tawpgun

Haha, so me and a friend were playing Battle for Los Santos, the Jet Last Team Standing.

Anyway, we got split up and both accidentally pressed the wrong button and bailed out of the jet (which shouldn't be possible....) and when we realized we were the last ones left, so we met each other on the pier and fist fought on the roller coaster to decide the game.

Then in freemode some random tries dropping a car on my car with the cargobob. But I pretend like im playfull so I honk at him. He gets the message and picks me up. Carry's me up to the top. while he's dragging me up I text him "bye" Toss a sticky and bail out of my car.

BOOOOM Skydive to safety.

Then he put a bounty on me :( it was unfortunate because I landed in a very populated with players area haha

Anyone want to help me get a Hot Knife in GTA online? I didn't buy the collectors edition but really hoping someone can dupe one for me.

(is it even possible?)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Thanks for the lift in the choppa tonight fellow crew member. Had all kinds of fun blowing players up with the missile.

Tawpgun

KAP you are literally the worst crew member ever.

I'm getting ganged up on, needing backup and you don;t have a mic and dont help

:(

I must have lost like 50k because of all the free mode fighting.

There was a group of 3 people spawn killing me BAD. and I didnt have my AK ammo.

I honestly have no idea how they were that good either. Pinpoint accuracy while drive byes. But I couldn't hit them even when I was aiming right at the driverside window.

Top Bottom