• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

nate75

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

filling up my garage :)

Wow, that's pretty ingenious. I used to accept a bullshit mission and wait at the setup screen if I had to go powder my nose and was away from my apt./QUOTE]
Plus it counts towards my "Stay in the air for 3 minutes" medal.

I know a lot of people hate the bad sport system, so I have a small fix for it – allow forgiveness. Not when you accidentally (or purposely) blow up a friends car, you can be forgiven and it won't count towards being a bad sport.

Popnbake

I know a lot of people hate the bad sport system, so I have a small fix for it – allow forgiveness. Not when you accidentally (or purposely) blow up a friends car, you can be forgiven and it won't count towards being a bad sport.

At first I thought the bad sport system would be reserved for those who abuse game mechanics/exploits so they can still play the game instead of being banned.

There really shouldn't be that kind of penalty for causing mayhem in a gta game.

Oh, another idea I had to improve the game. Make it so when you have a wanted level it automatically adds a bounty to you. $1000 - $2000 per star, which disappears once you die or evade the stars.

I haven't decided whether other players should be auto-deputised during the event (think the SP random event where you stumble upon cops and criminals in a shoot-out where you can kill the drug dealers without repercussion). It might start a self-perpetuating if circular event when one person caps someone else for the cops and in turn gets stars for doing so.

Symphonia

Banned
My Gauntlet will only sell for $5000. Does anyone know of any tips or tricks to get it to sell for ahigher value, or perhaps know of a higher value car that will work with the before mentioned garage hack?

raindoc

I just lost a Monroe with upgrades worth 200k after it was blown up inside LSC. Couldn't reach the insurance company to reclaim it. Checked the rest of my cars and found another one I bought online (Panamera/Rapide clone) that didn't have any insurance according to LSC, although I have reclaimed (especially) that one in the past.

Unless I'm an idiot and it is well known that the insurance lasts only a couple of times/for a certain amount of time and isn't renewed automatically I suggest you all check your cars' insurance status every now and then.

Z type, it's a easter egg from gta 2.

950k? Oh Lawd, that's expensive.

At first I thought the bad sport system would be reserved for those who abuse game mechanics/exploits so they can still play the game instead of being banned.

There really shouldn't be that kind of penalty for causing mayhem in a gta game.

Does anyone know a way to destroy another person's personal vehicle without the game dinging you as a bad sport? I tried to drive one into the water, bailing out before it hit, but I still got the bad sport warning. I'm pretty sure if you use the Cargobob, you can drop it in the water scot free, though.

Yes, sometimes I like to grief...

DRE Fei

If you start an off-road race by yourself and immediately quit, it will spawn off-road vehicles when you get back to the free roam.

Acorn

950k? Oh Lawd, that's expensive.

Does anyone know a way to destroy another person's personal vehicle without the game dinging you as a bad sport? I tried to drive one into the water, bailing out before it hit, but I still got the bad sport warning. I'm pretty sure if you use the Cargobob, you can drop it in the water scot free, though.

Yes, sometimes I like to grief...
Drive towards water and jump out.

So did I just time it too late?

Also, is the reason I can get in some personal vehicles and not others because some people have their settings to allow everyone in their cars, while others don't? If a person were to get an ignition explosive device for their personal vehicle, would you need to change that setting to allow anyone in?

Alternatively, Cargobob

Speaking of jumps where are the biggest ones in game? I feel like catching some massive air next time I'm on. (That's also a stat they're missing – longest airtime. Though I guess a cargobob could glitch it)

So where can I get a cargobob online? Trevors airport only spawns the buzzard for me now.

I get them at the international airport, but I think it depends on what level you are. If you get too high, they may not spawn for you at all anymore.
Yeah one of the bigger gripes in game is once you pass the cargobob levels (35+) you will never find one again. And you can't even buy them (not that people like the current heli feature to begin with)

Yeah one of the bigger gripes in game is once you pass the cargobob levels (35+) you will never find one again. And you can't even buy them (not that people like the current heli feature to begin with)

Crap, does that start at Level 35? I'm just shy of Level 34, and I've barely used the Cargobob. I only threw one player, who was in passive mode and AFK, into the ocean. What a bummer. I assume it's the Buzzard that takes its place?

Warablo

No my super cars top speed is 250 and 240 mph.

I don't even think it's possible to hit it ingame.

I know I hit a speed of 251 MPH with Franklin's modded car.. I don't what my top speed for online is right now though.

My top speeds for single player are:

251 MPH Buffalo
124 MPH Adder
116 MPH Infernus

I just lost a Monroe with upgrades worth 200k after it was blown up inside LSC. Couldn't reach the insurance company to reclaim it. Checked the rest of my cars and found another one I bought online (Panamera/Rapide clone) that didn't have any insurance according to LSC, although I have reclaimed (especially) that one in the past.

Unless I'm an idiot and it is well known that the insurance lasts only a couple of times/for a certain amount of time and isn't renewed automatically I suggest you all check your cars' insurance status every now and then.

I know if you move cars in your garage using the Elegy trick, some mods and such will reset, but in the recent patch they patched it so the mods don't disappear, but I think the cars insurance does because I noticed it on two of my vehicles..

Crap, does that start at Level 35? I'm just shy of Level 34, and I've barely used the Cargobob. I only threw one player, who was in passive mode and AFK, into the ocean. What a bummer. I assume it's the Buzzard that takes its place?
That's an estimate. I'm 44 and I already went to the annihilator and am now on the buzzard.

You guys should really try out Vehicle Deathmatch sometime. Don't know if all of them just have you using tanks but I finally tried out the playlist last night. Pretty fun

Future

The fact that is possible.... Damn. Rockstar willing to let people lose tons of time and money because their insurance system is borked. When they could have just not have a damn insurance system and let the cars auto respawn when they belong to you.

At the very least, should always have access to the car. Even if you have to make repairs and its undriveable till you do. Losing all that time and money shouldn't ever be possible. What's the point in penalizing people like that

terrible

Banned

I brought one of my cars (Voltic) I bought into LSC to upgrade it and noticed it didn't have insurance. Scared the crap out of me. I have never seen that happen since.

Lol I love my tank. Wish it seated 2 though. The mounted gun is non functional.
Everyone's unrealized wish is to turn the game into an open-world Battlefield.

Related, its irritating as hell to see all those cars in Battlefield and not be able to get in them and drive across those huge as maps when nothing else is available.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

I find one pretty much every session at the Sandy Shores airfield helipad. Yesterday there were two, and a Titan!
I'm level 42.

aro52

There's one with jets. One guy was really good at it, so it sucked. I hope there's one with weaponless helis and/or planes.

I was in a couple normal airplane races last night and everyone kept crashing into each other (mostly by accident); was hilarious!

I've found, as long as you don't worry so much about winning, full room races (of any kind) are pretty darn fun. They can be frustrating though if you start worrying about winning.

Tawpgun

I was in a couple normal airplane races last night and everyone kept crashing into each other (mostly by accident); was hilarious!

I've found, as long as you don't worry so much about winning, full room races (of any kind) are pretty darn fun. They can be frustrating though if you start worrying about winning.

Do the Raton Canyon air race with Luxors. More people the crazier. Those things handle like airborne tug boats

I find one pretty much every session at the Sandy Shores airfield helipad. Yesterday there were two, and a Titan!
I'm level 42.
I could be wrong. But if someone else nearby is the right level and makes the helipad spawn something before you, that might explain the inconsistencies. I wa splaying with a higher level friend sunday and an annihilator suddenly became a buzzard even though my level didn't change.

Z-type , Entity XF , Issi , Bati 801RR , Phoenix(closest i could get to the persuit special from mad max) , Sabre Turbo(starsky and hutch colours :) ) , Injection and the Mesa 3 all
modded :)

I noticed this when you posted earlier. A bunch of badass cars, except for a Mini Cooper. Are you planning a bank heist a la The Italian Job (remake)?

I could be wrong. But if someone else nearby is the right level and makes the helipad spawn something before you, that might explain the inconsistencies. I wa splaying with a higher level friend sunday and an annihilator suddenly became a buzzard even though my level didn't change.

Yeah, same thing happened to me the other day. I was heading to the Helicopter Tours location, and a high level player was near me and headed there as well. Instead of a Maverick, an Annihilator spawned. I grabbed it, the other guy jumps in as my co-pilot. We flew around for a while messing with people. We took on some gunfire, which damaged the Annihilator. I crash landed it on a helipad and jumped out. My co-pilot was still in his seat when the bird erupted in flames. I hear over the headset, "Awww, shit..."

I know I hit a speed of 251 MPH with Franklin's modded car.. I don't what my top speed for online is right now though.

My top speeds for single player are:

251 MPH Buffalo
124 MPH Adder
116 MPH Infernus

251 MPH?! Jesus, where did you ever get that speed?

*edit*

Oh, i guess I hit 208 once.

Yesterday I was level 30, today I'm level 29. The dynamic nature of GTA Online is highly exciting.

Let's see if my money transfers register today, it's like a choc o boxlets.

edit
So far so good. Yay. Maybe I can actually get the right kind of brokenness working now.

Symphonia

Banned
Well, I caved and have been doing the LSC glitch with my Elegy all night, managed to raise $250000, which I used to buy my first apartment and a ten-car garage. I feel like I belong now.

does anyone on xbox want to trade a golf win to help with the completion stuff? we play two rounds, i do good in the first one and you get a really high score then we play another game and switch.

if anyone wants to do that now give me ur GT so we can play!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Here's a glitch I tripped upon last night.

Go to your garage and call Gerold for a job
Don't leave the garage until the job info shows up
open the job information on your phone but don't accept it yet
start to drive out your garage
accept the job offer as your car is coming out of the garage
start the job

FREE CAR!

Top Bottom