• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Ploid 3.0

What they need to do is nerf everything. Make it so you can only hold 1k at a time, and can only deposit at a ATM and 10k max each time with a 5 minute cooldown. Depositing money at the ATM should cost 50 bucks each use.

Don't steal my idea Rockstar. I have a lawyer.

udiie

Here's a glitch I tripped upon last night.

Go to your garage and call Gerold for a job
Don't leave the garage until the job info shows up
open the job information on your phone but don't accept it yet
start to drive out your garage
accept the job offer as your car is coming out of the garage
start the job

FREE CAR!

Well done friend.

JerC

Did they nerf Criminal Records? Im getting a message while doing the race saying " you have reached the maximum RP for this activity".

It hasn't been nerfed. It's always been there for everything in the game. Max is 5k. I got it in a survival round with 1.01. And I got it in CR in 1.02. After around rank 87 you get 5k for one lap so if you are higher than that you should just do one lap races.

As long as Rockstar continues to nerf missions while simultaneously trying to sell you in-game money for real money, I will not feel bad about glitching for cash in the slightest.

The people taking it upon themselves to hang out and block the garage door to LCS and kill anyone who approaches need to cut that shit out, though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you want 1500-1600 + RP on a race, do Free Fall in Vinewood Hills

It's a dirtbike race but it seems like every lap (racing by myself) I set a new personal record which is bonus RP. First time I did it, I got 1600 + bonus and every race afterwards is 1500+. I'm halfway to 41 in 5 races.

edit I think RP are based on your level so your milage may vary.

JerC

Here's a glitch I tripped upon last night.

Go to your garage and call Gerold for a job
Don't leave the garage until the job info shows up
open the job information on your phone but don't accept it yet
start to drive out your garage
accept the job offer as your car is coming out of the garage
start the job

FREE CAR!

I'm guessing you don't start the mission here or something? Seems like an easier way to sell my sandking every hour but then it feels more like a glitch this way than an exploit by just finishing a mission in the way R* intended.

If you want 1500-1600 + RP on a race, do Free Fall in Vinewood Hills

It's a dirtbike race but it seems like every lap (racing by myself) I set a new personal record which is bonus RP. First time I did it, I got 1600 + bonus and every race afterwards is 1500+. I'm halfway to 41 in 5 races.

edit I think RP are based on your level so your milage may vary.

It is. Just do CR with another person. You get 1/5th of a rank up to around 87. Then you get 5k a race so its maxed. Which isn't new and has always been there. At least for me anyway. Money per race also maxes at this level. I'm 137 now and still getting the same as someone level 90. Don't see the reason for going much higher. Might try get 200 before they nerf it for future content.

Said eff it and deleted my butt ugly female character. Replaced her with a good looking non-random one.

To my surprise, my banked 2 mill was still available to my NEW character.

Ploid 3.0

Said eff it and deleted my butt ugly female character. Replaced her with a good looking non-random one.

To my surprise, my banked 2 mill was still available to my NEW character.

Wow, I thought you knew. One of the things that eased the hurt of my characters getting deleted over and over was that the bank money stayed there.

KAP151

KAP you are literally the worst crew member ever.

I'm getting ganged up on, needing backup and you don;t have a mic and dont help

:(

I must have lost like 50k because of all the free mode fighting.

There was a group of 3 people spawn killing me BAD. and I didnt have my AK ammo.

I honestly have no idea how they were that good either. Pinpoint accuracy while drive byes. But I couldn't hit them even when I was aiming right at the driverside window.

Hey genius, might want to have a look at the tags of the people shooting you.... There was 4 of them when I came flying in from the other side of the map........

Funny, I remember taking down 2 of them in a Buzzard, then twice more on the roof.

Then I got camped by 3 of them, while you miraculously disappeared.

How is it my fault that you were getting spawn camped? Learn to use your phone, or the Xbox store - you were feeding them kills. If you lost close to 50K from dying in free roam then me 'not helping' you is the least of your problems.

Ploid 3.0

It's pretty bold to come out and claim someone is the worst at anything, especially if they are in your crew. I figured there was more to the story but I was going to comment jokingly that KAP151 was seeing if you was good enough to take on 4 people, or to avoid them. Tough lesson learned, don't try to fight 3 people.

Yes they have.

It hasn't been nerfed. It's always been there for everything in the game. Max is 5k. I got it in a survival round with 1.01. And I got it in CR in 1.02. After around rank 87 you get 5k for one lap so if you are higher than that you should just do one lap races.

Oh ok, thank you. I just never got that message the other day when I was grinding CR, so when that message popped up tonight I thought maybe Rockstar changed something on it.

-Deimos

I'm guessing you don't start the mission here or something? Seems like an easier way to sell my sandking every hour but then it feels more like a glitch this way than an exploit by just finishing a mission in the way R* intended.

It is. Just do CR with another person. You get 1/5th of a rank up to around 87. Then you get 5k a race so its maxed. Which isn't new and has always been there. At least for me anyway. Money per race also maxes at this level. I'm 137 now and still getting the same as someone level 90. Don't see the reason for going much higher. Might try get 200 before they nerf it for future content.

You do have to start the mission. Just put the car back into your garage as soon as it starts and quit/complete the mission.

Also, what sandking???? Mission specific or what?

Made a new emblem today for our crew Scruffy Wolves.

Hokey.png

Finalizer

:ALJF:LKDJGL:AJISDF:LIJVI

Just came out of the Trevor mission where you get dune buggies. Originally was playing with two other dudes, but they fucked up the first time around and blew up the vehicle. After we all try to replay, the other two drop (lol R*) and I'm by myself. Manage to basically finish the mission, but... Gah, I'd bet I could've kept a dune buggy if one of the others had finished while I was still sitting in a buggy. Hope I see that mission again soon.

Had a funny occurrence in a solo Boneyard survival run yesterday. A Coquette failed to despawn before the thing started, and wasn't properly flagged as un-enterable, so I did a carmageddon run. Only got through two levels, but it was some good 'ole silly fun. R* should make an official vehicle survival set, put 'em around the airports or dirt tracks, give enemies with miniguns, RPGs, and shit... some hectic fun yo.

Just had a great experience. I was sitting outside the strip club in my car, minding my own business, when some random spawns nearby, walks up, and takes me out with his AK47. I obviously could not let this happen without retaliation. I proceed to kill him three times in a row, at which point the cops are on me pretty bad, so I hightail it back to my apartment. I'm just hanging out in my garage when I notice the random's blip zoom past my building. I follow him to a Suburban, where apparently he's doing some clothes shopping. I steal an NPC car and park it in front of the Suburban store to block him in. Then I start laying on my car horn and turn my mic on to let out a wicked cackle. The random says, "I bet you think this is pretty funny," to which I reply, "Yup, I do." He then leaves the free roam. Win for me.

Imm0rt4l

I wasted quite a bit of money setting bounties on one guy over and over again for my own amusement. I noticed he has a dunce cap now sucks for him lol.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
As long as Rockstar continues to nerf missions while simultaneously trying to sell you in-game money for real money, I will not feel bad about glitching for cash in the slightest.

The people taking it upon themselves to hang out and block the garage door to LCS and kill anyone who approaches need to cut that shit out, though.

They're not trying to sell anyone GTA$ yet because of all the problems that still need ironing out. Who exactly is trying to make you feel bad other than R*? Glitchers can glitch all they want if it makes them happy, as long as they don't complain when they lose stuff or get banned...

Made a new emblem today for our crew Scruffy Wolves.

Hokey.png

Scruffy Wolves! Simply adorable. What's your tag?

Got a SOA vibe to it, nicely done.

I pretty much ripped off the SOA patch and put a neogaf spin on it. On closer inspection I should have put "Gaming" on top and on at the bottom; "Age Family"

Also, these are loafers...

Free Gaf Gold if you get the reference!

raindoc

I just lost a Monroe with upgrades worth 200k after it was blown up inside LSC. Couldn't reach the insurance company to reclaim it. Checked the rest of my cars and found another one I bought online (Panamera/Rapide clone) that didn't have any insurance according to LSC, although I have reclaimed (especially) that one in the past.

Unless I'm an idiot and it is well known that the insurance lasts only a couple of times/for a certain amount of time and isn't renewed automatically I suggest you all check your cars' insurance status every now and then.

I know if you move cars in your garage using the Elegy trick, some mods and such will reset, but in the recent patch they patched it so the mods don't disappear, but I think the cars insurance does because I noticed it on two of my vehicles..

that could've been it. used that trick to move my cars to the front end of the garage.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Aww shucks, thanks! It's so hard to draw the details on the moon with only those shapes thou.

Same as my gaf name: ugh_the_boot

Cool, mine's the same as on here too (PS3) But I meant your clan tag (you may be on 360 due to how you interpreted that...)

Shout out to blitzcloud for makin' me a simple, yet sexy emblem.

That's awesome! Tokido reference, I presume?

Seeing as we're posting emblems, I'm gonna go ahead and repost one a friend of mine made for our clan: The Uncouth Louts.

Look out for the "LOUT" clan tag. We are small in number, but big in heart and impoliteness.

Omni

Why is it that I'm getting half the amount of money for doing missions than other people?

It's bullshit that I can join a game, do all the work and wind up with $1800 while everyone else walks away with 4k or whatever.

Falt

Why is it that I'm getting half the amount of money for doing missions than other people?

It's bullshit that I can join a game, do all the work and wind up with $1800 while everyone else walks away with 4k or whatever.

The 50% pay cut for repeating a mission seems to be little broken or a little confusing.

Doing missions that my friends and I haven't completed yet, I've received full payment while they've received half and vice versa. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. I thought maybe it was whoever hosted the mission but that doesn't work out all the time, it seems a little random.

I too made a emblem for my crew.

I am inebriated and hope it turned out as well as I think it has.

4WZIGbW.png

Holy.Crap. I'm actually in a crew right now that is called Sons of Anarchy US with the exact same emblem of the show.

Any way to actually chose the emblem on the social club in the neogaf crew(ps3)?! This is one great emblem you got there.

I can't understand how blowing up other players cars is considered as bad sport behaviour.

0_0.jpg

Imagine it happening to you over and over again and it costing you $12,000 each time. It's also an inconvenience. I spent 48 hours in the bad sport lobby, it was hell on earth. I deserved every second of it, but every car I destroyed deserved it.

Danny 117

Played with a gaffer last night. I was level 9, joining his 65+ mission.

Ran out of lives and it was me as the last man standing and 'somehow' I managed to complete it. Was pretty hilarious with the ragdoll physics making me faceplant whilst trying to run up a hill.
Oh, and got a nice $11,500 too :D

demisec

I can't understand how blowing up other players cars is considered as bad sport behaviour.

Getting your car back is a chore. Imo they should hotkey the mechanic, similarly to blowing a whistle for your horse to appear in RDR, and drop the insurance call-making bullshit if it's another player that blows up your ride.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Getting your car back is a chore. Imo they should hotkey the mechanic, similarly to blowing a whistle for your horse to appear in RDR, and drop the insurance call-making bullshit if it's another player that blows up your ride.

Such a chore to call Mors (under 10 seconds) and then you mechanic (again, under ten seconds).

demisec

Such a chore to call Mors (under 10 seconds) and then you mechanic (again, under ten seconds).

Yes, using that phone is annoying and the mechanic's ability to deliver is shabby at best. Getting your ride back isn't as streamlined as it's in RDR, and so I understand the penalty for destroying someone's car, especially if it happens repeatedly.

wtf? 20 seconds is a lifetime when your car was destroyed because you were likely killed as well and forced to spawn in close proximity to the person who destroyed your car, who is also likely to kill you again. Especially when pulling up the phone to navigate and making the phone calls takes control of your character away.

I can't believe you'd suggest it was anything less than a major hassle in the majority of situations where you'd need to use it.

Tawpgun

Hey genius, might want to have a look at the tags of the people shooting you.... There was 4 of them when I came flying in from the other side of the map........

Funny, I remember taking down 2 of them in a Buzzard, then twice more on the roof.

Then I got camped by 3 of them, while you miraculously disappeared.

How is it my fault that you were getting spawn camped? Learn to use your phone, or the Xbox store - you were feeding them kills. If you lost close to 50K from dying in free roam then me 'not helping' you is the least of your problems.

Haha its ok. I was partly joking. I did see you in the buzzard and I did help you get out of the Ammunation. I just needed Assault Rifle Ammo which is why I left while you were getting killed by them.

Yeah I was feeding them kills but I like fighting against the odds. I could always do it in GTAIV but its much harder to survive in GTAV. I was mainly getting frustrated at no one having mic's. I don't like to "pussy out" by quitting or stalling. I just wish I knew who the active 360 GAF players are so I can roll with them, mics prefered. I still don't really feel like I'm in a crew. The only reason I stay in GAF St is because the 300 members lets me get people into lobbies easier with the crew invite.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
wtf? 20 seconds is a lifetime when your car was destroyed because you were likely killed as well and forced to spawn in close proximity to the person who destroyed your car, who is also likely to kill you again. Especially when pulling up the phone to navigate and making the phone calls takes control of your character away.

I can't believe you'd suggest it was anything less than a major hassle in the majority of situations where you'd need to use it.

I can and will suggest just that. I've never found it a hassle, usually I think "oh that was easy".

If I'm being griefed the first thing I'll be doing is finding cover. The next thing would be finding another server. If my car is getting blown up by some dickhead, it does not make sense to get another one to get blown up.

Batigol

Banned

Lol oops.

I hang around there with stickies all over the entrance

Ran into a strange glitch last night. or some reason all the cars I was driving acted like they were bogged down or the trigger wan't being held down all the way. I eventually quit and rejoined online and it cleared up.

Lol oops.

I hang around there with stickies all over the entrance

Why not just go to another LSC and maybe hide your blip until you get there? I don't know if that'd work, though. Might just display the green car icon moving itself, lol. If someone really got on my shit on my way to the docks, I'd just drive the car into the ocean. If I can't have this, no one can.

One time, when it was no longer for the money, I opened the high-end car's door (after respraying) and throw a sticky bomb inside it. Watching it get closer and closer to Simeon's garage from the map was such a great feeling. Buncha small fries.

Grisby

Can I get multiple vehicles insured? Plan on buying my bicycle when I get an apartment. Don't want to take it or my car out and lose them 4eva.

Top Bottom