• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I can and will suggest just that. I've never found it a hassle, usually I think "oh that was easy".

If I'm being griefed the first thing I'll be doing is finding cover. The next thing would be finding another server. If my car is getting blown up by some dickhead, it does not make sense to get another one to get blown up.

So what you're suggesting is that, rather than streamline car replacement, the suggested action should be "Got killed and your car blown up? Change servers!" despite the fact that Free Roam was intentionally made with the idea and ability for players to fight each other?

If I happen to be killed and my car blown up.. rather than attempt to fight back, I should run away to another server so I can recover my car? Not an acceptable suggestion at all.

Streamline the task of getting your car back and a player can then summon the car while taking cover and fighting back. Then you have the option to kill and run as opposed to just fighting until the attacker gives up or hopping servers in an attempt to get your car back.

elseanio

I wish they would let you pick your starting car on missions, as well as starting weapon. I can never call in a new car because I spawn close to my current car.

I wish they would let you pick your starting car on missions, as well as starting weapon. I can never call in a new car because I spawn close to my current car.

Yeah, that sucks. I'd just get far enough from my car to request another one. It'd be great if they mechanic drove the previous one home.

NinjaJesus

That's awesome! Tokido reference, I presume?

Haha, no. Just an Akuma/Gouki reference. I main Akuma on SF. Love him to death. Obsessed with the lore and everything. When I found out there was a motorcycle in the game called the Akuma I was on a mission to get that emblem made.

blitzcloud did an amazing job.

JerC

You do have to start the mission. Just put the car back into your garage as soon as it starts and quit/complete the mission.

Also, what sandking???? Mission specific or what?

Any sandking. Just fully mod it and throw it in your garage. Then sell the dupes.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So what you're suggesting is that, rather than streamline car replacement, the suggested action should be "Got killed and your car blown up? Change servers!" despite the fact that Free Roam was intentionally made with the idea and ability for players to fight each other?

If I happen to be killed and my car blown up.. rather than attempt to fight back, I should run away to another server so I can recover my car? Not an acceptable suggestion at all.

Streamline the task of getting your car back and a player can then summon the car while taking cover and fighting back. Then you have the option to kill and run as opposed to just fighting until the attacker gives up or hopping servers in an attempt to get your car back.

You seem awfully excised for what is a rare circumstance in my experience. Of course stick around for the friendly back and forth of free roam violence, but if I'm getting ganked to the extent that my car is getting blown up and I can't get 20 secs to get my car back without being spawnkilled then yes, I will leave the server. But this has not happened to me yet. Usually my car is fine and revenge is sought. Or my car is blown up and I fight on the streets.

You seem awfully excised for what is a rare circumstance in my experience. Of course stick around for the friendly back and forth of free roam violence, but if I'm getting ganked to the extent that my car is getting blown up and I can't get 20 secs to get my car back without being spawnkilled then yes, I will leave the server. But this has not happened to me yet. Usually my car is fine and revenge is sought. Or my car is blown up and I fight on the streets.

I don't know what you mean by awfully excised. I haven't heard that phrase before so I don't catch the meaning.

In any case it doesn't matter how rare it may seem to you or even how rare it might be. The entire loss of character control while using some functions of phone in an online game that has many instances of non-scripted combat is bad. In some ways, it's understandable to an extent (i.e. looking at the map) but the idea that I have to lose control of my character while a phone is dialing all the way through the phone call is just terrible. It's fine for SP but way too restricting in MP.

The entire loss of character

Yeah, the fact that this can still occur only 4 days ago is a pretty goddamned stellar failure, but I digress. :p

Jest Chillin said:
but the idea that I have to lose control of my character while a phone is dialing all the way through the phone call is just terrible. It's fine for SP but way too restricting in MP.

Ugh! I fucking hate that. How many times have I gotten mowed down while slowly walking and calling my goddamned mechanic or pegasus to spawn a tank?! You know how your character goes into an alert stance when action's happening around them? I wish this applied to when they were on the phone. Goodness. I can't wait for this game to come out of beta.

Oh, I had another problem last night where every time I ended a job and we voted on the next job the mission would start up, but suddenly I'd be host and everyone would drop. I'd also return to different lobbies if I quit with a crew.

I won't be surprised if I lost some levels. Though social club says everything is ok.

Also, when it=s that vehicle page going to come back? Curious what it does.

Grisby

So do races give bigger payouts and RP? Or were they nerfed along with everything else? At lvl21 and things have been crawling.

Not making much money doing missions and I'm wasting ammo which is causing me to spend more on ammo. Throw in the fact that it takes forever to drive to a mission and that you are apparently made of paper makes for some boring times.

E92 M3

Sometimes it's worth sticking around for the server to fill up. Otherwise, just keep game-hopping until you find a decent-sized lobby.

I do - it's just in general seems to be less people playing. Maybe it's just the hours I play during. Did you get your level back, btw?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, no. Just an Akuma/Gouki reference. I main Akuma on SF. Love him to death. Obsessed with the lore and everything. When I found out there was a motorcycle in the game called the Akuma I was on a mission to get that emblem made.

Hah, nice. I also "main" the bike in Online races, but Gouken is my man in SF. I should make a clan called "Inverse Old Men" and use his logo/flag...

Rage Kage

Neo Member
If I want to play only with my friends or crew members in a lobby, how can we stay together in free roam after completing missions/races etc. together?

Whenever we tire of playing missions, we get back to free roam and we're all split up. I start the session as invite-only, but then have to do it all over again. Help?

GQman2121

Banned
I really wish they would take the blips off the radar in free roam. In free aim rooms anyway.

It's basically death match rules. No one is playing either of their death match modes, so they should just open it up and let the big boys and girls fight it out in the streets.

Tawpgun

I really wish they would take the blips off the radar in free roam. In free aim rooms anyway.

It's basically death match rules. No one is playing either of their death match modes, so they should just open it up and let the big boys and girls fight it out in the streets.

I wish there was a way to make lobby like this. Despite all the added stuff and player customization, we no longer have as much control over the lobbies like we did in GTAIV.

It would make it truly free roam. You do a bunch of shit and then you can run into another player at random. Would make for an interesting experience. Blips only appear if you use Lester or if you hear/see someone.

I do - it's just in general seems to be less people playing. Maybe it's just the hours I play during. Did you get your level back, btw?
Nope, but I managed to create another PSN account to play under while I wait for the results. No replies, nuffin. Using the LSC trick, too, with no fucks given.

GQman2121

Banned
I wish there was a way to make lobby like this. Despite all the added stuff and player customization, we no longer have as much control over the lobbies like we did in GTAIV.

It would make it truly free roam. You do a bunch of shit and then you can run into another player at random. Would make for an interesting experience. Blips only appear if you use Lester or if you hear/see someone.

Exactly.

Cops on you; firing an un-silenced weapon; or bounty should be the only time you appear on the map.

Without blips, people would actually be forced to....communicate!

Hopefully when this launches on PC it will be much smoother. I wonder how much content will be added before then, and whether or not it will be on PC at launch?

So is there a good way to take down a Buzzard? Is AK47 fire enough? Should I try throwing stickies?

In this lobby I was in last night, there were two guys running around griefing everyone. I jumped in to try and stop them at one point, which put me as public enemy no. 1. One of them got in a Buzzard, and after a prolonged chase, blew up my precious Schafter. Didn't think I really had a chance to stop him.

ZenVolta

So is there a good way to take down a Buzzard? Is AK47 fire enough? Should I try throwing stickies?

In this lobby I was in last night, there were two guys running around griefing everyone. I jumped in to try and stop them at one point, which put me as public enemy no. 1. One of them got in a Buzzard, and after a prolonged chase, blew up my precious Schafter. Didn't think I really had a chance to stop him.

Mini-gun OR Grenade launcher are the best ways to take down any heli.

Tawpgun

They're gonna need to become decently stable in order to shoot at you accurately.At which point you can AK them out.

But if he has a co-pilot then you're screwed.

Omni

Spent like 25k on a midnight blue and pink pearlescent paint job for mah car. Looks so good. Only problem is that it gets dirty reaaaally quickly. :

BraXzy

I've not been on in awhile or kept up to date, is there any news on the heists? I'm assuming they will release them around the time next gen arrives so they maintain hype.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Imagine it happening to you over and over again and it costing you $12,000 each time. It's also an inconvenience. I spent 48 hours in the bad sport lobby, it was hell on earth. I deserved every second of it, but every car I destroyed deserved it.

How is it a bad sport shooting a car in self defense? Don't want to pay 12k? Don't try to drive me over. The whole bad sport/car insurance thing is horrendous design.

At level 17 now. Ron texts me asking that if I come across any illegal goods, that TP Industries is interested. What does this mean?
Also, there's no new to selling high-end vehicles, is there?

Tokido IS Gouki!

Nah not really....

Acorn

At level 17 now. Ron texts me asking that if I come across any illegal goods, that TP Industries is interested. What does this mean?
Also, there's no new to selling high-end vehicles, is there?
Nobody knows. I'm level 80, I still don't know what he meant and its never mentioned again.

Got back my old Coquette and Bati when I moved back to a 10 car garage. Surprised with all the save issues it had remembered I still owned those. Super weird that it doesn't tell you this when you switch to a smaller property though. Thought they were gone forever and I got nothing in return for them.
I'm just hanging out in my garage when I notice the random's blip zoom past my building. I follow him to a Suburban, where apparently he's doing some clothes shopping. I steal an NPC car and park it in front of the Suburban store to block him in. Then I start laying on my car horn and turn my mic on to let out a wicked cackle. The random says, "I bet you think this is pretty funny," to which I reply, "Yup, I do." He then leaves the free roam. Win for me.

I mean, I guess you can't complain about people griefing when the game's basically designed to encourage and reward it. Doesn't prevent it from being annoying though. Let me do my thing you assholes. Which is currently to make loads of money by selling my Baller over and over because that other glitch won't work for me. Had to move since people sometimes camp the more popular LSC's. As more people get the idea of moving they'll start camping this one too.
I wasted quite a bit of money setting bounties on one guy over and over again for my own amusement. I noticed he has a dunce cap now sucks for him lol.

I did that once too. The guy deserved it. One of the aforementioned LSC campers. Getting killed isn't much of a setback though if they have too much, or no, money. Unless it happens, like, constantly. Just 15 seconds then they're back at it. Still, fun to spectate these hunts every once in a while I suppose. Like watching The Running Man.

Got a great chase when I set a bounty on a guy camping outside my apartment. Guy in a Buzzard showed up as they guy fleed in panic in his stupid little Blista. :D
Heli chase cam is awesome.

Such a chore to call Mors (under 10 seconds) and then you mechanic (again, under ten seconds).

You also might need to jump up on something and enable passive mode to prevent getting killed again while fumbling around with the phone. Also, if the mechanic brings your car, what's to stop people from blowing it up again? So you have to get back to your property. or just give up and quit to a different session that's hopefully less bad.

Getting punished or hassled at all for someone blowing you up is dumb. Should be the other way around. But as mentioned, public games are designed for griefing.
My mechanic keeps on driving vehicle's away from me it's damn annoying.
When on like the fourth call he finally delivered the damn car I chased the fucker across Sandy Shores, knocked him to the ground, kicked him to sleep and set him on fire.

I used to just punch him, but apparently he doesn't learn from that.

I kind of like that he's an unreliable shithead though, gives him personality.

I mean, I guess you can't complain about people griefing when the game's basically designed to encourage and reward it. Doesn't prevent it from being annoying though. Let me do my thing you assholes. Which is currently to make loads of money by selling my Baller over and over because that other glitch won't work for me. Had to move since people sometimes camp the more popular LSC's. As more people get the idea of moving they'll start camping this one too.

I don't mind the griefing when it comes from a player I can beat up easily. It helps give me a justification to grief back. But when it comes from high level players with tons of unlocks, that sucks.

Regarding the LSCs, the Alta street apartment is a great one to own, since it sits in the middle of the 3 LSCs in downtown Los Santos. If anyone is near one of them, I head to a different LSC. The ones to the North and the East seem the most heavily trafficked. The one in the Southwest is usually a ghost town.

Another nice plug for the Alta street apartment is the location of the garage entrance. It's down a ramp with two walls on either side of it, so it's secluded enough that you can usually lose the police line of sight while driving down the ramp, unless the police are right on your ass.

Ted

I'm back to work next week so I'm happy to have had some me time to finally complete my JDM collection and hit level 50:

0_0.jpg

I'm hoping for some new mission content /soon/ as I think I have done most of the co-op ones several times now and I'm struggling to find decent races with all the CR/DD grinding lobbies.

BGAF (and indeed others)... anyone fancy a car/plane/boat racing night at some point? Happy to host. I want to do some of the actual races but I'd also be keen to try some free-roam races.

Kind of A-to-B by any route you like (in a particular vehicle type, with/without friendly fire). Vespucci beach to the viewing area at the top of the Chilliad on Quads for example (user created content tools can't come soon enough!!).

painey

ARGH I am getting 'kicked by other players' non fucking stop. Literally cannot even move my guy. Is my character corrupt or something? I can't even finish the fucking tutorial this time around

Uh, did RockStar go crazy?

I got up this morning and there is ~1.5 million more dollars here than when I went to bed.

I checked all my stuff and stats and it doesn't look like a rollback.

Raven77

Anyone have any recommendations on a headset for the PS3? Needs to be super cheap. I have a few PC headsets but idk if they will work.

Me and a few friends were going to try and get online tonight.

Top Bottom