• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Anyone have any recommendations on a headset for the PS3? Needs to be super cheap. I have a few PC headsets but idk if they will work.

Me and a few friends were going to try and get online tonight.

If your PC headset is a USB one, just test it out through the PS3 settings. It has a mic monitor/volume adjuster in the accessories settings menu.

Anyone have any recommendations on a headset for the PS3? Needs to be super cheap. I have a few PC headsets but idk if they will work.

Me and a few friends were going to try and get online tonight.

I got this one. Mega barebones but it does the job for the price + it has a mute button. It's wired and the cable is long so it's not an issue.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-153-rocketfish-153-chat-headset-for-playstation-3-and-windows/3088605.p?id=1218378623923&skuId=3088605

I picked up mine in Canada ($24.99 CA) at the store so it would depend where you are. I had a MS headset I use for the PC for vent and tried everything to get it working with no luck. I would give the PC headsets a test b4 you go out and buy one.

Pretty lame that you get half the payout if you fail a mission first time.

You have to complete every mission first time to get the full pay, and spectating a mission also disqualifies you from ever getting the full payout?

I don't care about the half pay thing, or at least i wouldn't if it was implemented properly, but it screams of being hastily thrown in to cut down on players' incomes with out much regard for how to technically implement it.

Falt

Pretty lame that you get half the payout if you fail a mission first time.

You have to complete every mission first time to get the full pay, and spectating a mission also disqualifies you from ever getting the full payout?

I don't care about the half pay thing, or at least i wouldn't if it was implemented properly, but it screams of being hastily thrown in to cut down on players' incomes with out much regard for how to technically implement it.

It's broken. It didn't bother me too much when they announced it but like you said it's how they implemented it, haphazardly it seems. For example, doing base invaders with 3 friends a few nights ago. We've all played it before, completed it numerous times. We finish the mission and two of my friends got the full 25k.

SonnyBoy

It's broken. It didn't bother me too much when they announced it but like you said it's how they implemented it, haphazardly it seems. For example, doing base invaders with 3 friends a few nights ago. We've all played it before, completed it numerous times. We finish the mission and two of my friends got the full 25k.

I've been wondering how this works? I've participated in missions and only receive half the money others do. The thing is, it's my first time doing the mission... Is it because I was invited to a mission that's a higher rank than me?

Does the Merryweather helicopter disappear when you kill the pilot? I had that happen once, but it could've been a general "vehicles vanish when entering" glitch.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Does the Merryweather helicopter disappear when you kill the pilot? I had that happen once, but it could've been a general "vehicles vanish when entering" glitch.

Nah, just a glitch. You won't be able to get any service from Merryweather for a set period of time after killing him, though. I don't remember exactly how long it is. Shouldn't be that long to really matter.

Pennybags

I called Merryweather for a pickup expecting a buzzard. What a waste of money.

When you get somewhere around the 40s in rank, most of the helicopters that spawn for you in free-roam are Buzzards.

If you want to use them in missions, you have to fork out the 1.75 mil.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
When you get somewhere around the 40s in rank, most of the helicopters that spawn for you in free-roam are Buzzards.

If you want to use them in missions, you have to fork out the 1.75 mil.

Just call Lester while on a mission if you're a high enough level and he should direct you to a buzzard. (Might be different choppers if you're a lower level)

I really hope they adjust the way the Pegasus deliveries are handled. Or at least lower the price of the goods. It's just simply not worth the money to buy a 1M+ chopper when you can just call Merryweather for the same price and shoot the pilot.

Batigol

Banned
Brother got to level 70 earlier and bought the tank. As soon as people in the lobby saw he had one they started deliberately driving into the back of him to blow their own car up.

30 minutes later he has a dunce hat :lol

That's some stupid shit

Just seems pointless to own one since you cant really do anything with it

DRE Fei

Bounties are just a way of making someone's life uncomfortable for a period of time. If someone's being a jerk, just put a bounty on them and get the whole server chasing after them.

The smart ones confront the bounty hunters so they can die immediately and continue doing missions and making money, or just go an a bounty hunter killing spree.

I like the people who idle in their apartments on the server for an hour or whatever, so they can outlast the bounty out of spite. LOL, the money you can make in races for 48 minutes is more than any bounty. At least switch to solo online mode so you can keep making money, dummy.

Spasm

Brother got to level 70 earlier and bought the tank. As soon as people in the lobby saw he had one they started deliberately driving into the back of him to blow their own car up.

30 minutes later he has a dunce hat :lol

That's some stupid shit

Just seems pointless to own one since you cant really do anything with it

lol, that's awesome. Much better than my plan: Get a Cargobob, hide my dot, pick up tank-asshole, drop him from 36,000ft. I'm not high enough level to hide my dot yet, though :(

Ran into a strange glitch last night. or some reason all the cars I was driving acted like they were bogged down or the trigger wan't being held down all the way. I eventually quit and rejoined online and it cleared up.

Weird, I had exactly the same last night too.

Edit* Seems the mobile version of the site is having problems too.

Bounties are just a way of making someone's life uncomfortable for a period of time. If someone's being a jerk, just put a bounty on them and get the whole server chasing after them.

The smart ones confront the bounty hunters so they can die immediately and continue doing missions and making money, or just go an a bounty hunter killing spree.

I like the people who idle in their apartments on the server for an hour or whatever, so they can outlast the bounty out of spite. LOL, the money you can make in races for 48 minutes is more than any bounty. At least switch to solo online mode so you can keep making money, dummy.
haha, yeah I had a 7,000 bounty put on me by an npc for stealing his car, just hopped in a helicopter and hit the ceiling on the map for an hour. Afterwards, I felt like it was a pretty huge waste of time.

Freaky

Neo Member
BXSzpKLCcAAMt6r.jpg

I just found this cutie, I had to nab her. I thought this was a custom vehicle like Franklin's Buffalo that doesn't spawn online, so I was pleasantly surprized to see this.

0_0.jpg

should I lose the white walls? are they obnoxious? =D

I just found this cutie, I had to nab her. I thought this was a custom vehicle like Franklin's Buffalo that doesn't spawn online, so I was pleasantly surprized to see this.

0_0.jpg

should I lose the white walls? are they obnoxious? =D

I think that's just a standard Western Bagger that's been modified to remove the sidebags and windscreen. Still cool looking though.

And I dig the white walls.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you buy a car off one of those sites, it comes with insurance automatically.

If you jack a vehicle and you have an apartment/garage, the mechanic will put a tracker on it, but its not insured. You have to go to LSC to buy insurance. You'll get a reminder call from the insurance company every time you drive a non-insured vehicle.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

True story: I got Helicopter backup for Flood In LS River once and the gangs actually shot down the helicopter. It crashed and both people inside were dead. It wouldn't allow me to fly it either :(

I think that's just a standard Western Bagger that's been modified to remove the sidebags and windscreen. Still cool looking though.

And I dig the white walls.

It sure is, I was the one to make those modifications :p

just didn't know the bagger spawned online.

also just learned that mods you add and then remove seem to be free to re-apply, which is neato =D

Grisby

The "High Priority Case" mission is terrible. 5 minutes of climbing a ladder Mgs3 would be proud of only to to get shot in a matter if seconds without any cover when you reach the top.

Bullshit.

painey

finally got on after I created a new character.. and it says it cant save because the cloud servers are down. fuck this game

aro52

The "High Priority Case" mission is terrible. 5 minutes of climbing a ladder Mgs3 would be proud of only to to get shot in a matter if seconds without any cover when you reach the top.

Bullshit.

I parachuted onto the roof from the tall building next to it, and worked my way down from there. (There's even a few guys visible from that roof to snipe) But then I jumped off the roof to deliver the loot, before remembering I didn't have a chute anymore. :/

Bullshit.

You're meant to use a helicopter for that mission. I climbed the crane myself first time round, then I realised that it was a long jump onto the rooftop.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I parachuted onto the roof from the tall building next to it, and worked my way down from there. (There's even a few guys visible from that roof to snipe) But then I jumped off the roof to deliver the loot, before remembering I didn't have a chute anymore. :/

I got a helicopter and landed it on the roof, then I either jumped off or got back in the helicopter.

Grisby

You're meant to use a helicopter for that mission. I climbed the crane myself first time round, then I realized that it was a long jump onto the rooftop.
It seemed like there should have been one. Or at least an elevator or something.

I take it you have to steal a helicopter?
I feel your pain but I also needed the laugh. Thanks.

metzger203

Game just deleted my fully modded cheetah. Fuck your 500k R*. So hard not to cheat.

Can you still see it on the list when you call your mechanic? How about the insurance company? I had some cars vanish earlier today, though I could still see them on the mechanic's list. Didn't try to mess around with it though. I know there have been some progress-saving delay issues so I'm hoping when I get on later tonight everything will be normal again.

Does anyone know what the best muscle car? I love the look of my Sabre Turbo to death but I'll be damned if I can drive it worth a shit. I really like the Imponte Ruiner I think it was, but the Gauntlet seems to be the best statswise? Is that true?

dosh

It seemed like there should have been one. Or at least an elevator or something.

I take it you have to steal a helicopter?

Most people just order a heli pickup from Merryweather and shoot the pilot.

There should be more flying vehicles available on the map during missions. I found a cargobob once, and maybe a buzzard, but that's it.

gauntlet hands down
I second that. Plus it's gorgeous with a matte respray.

JerC

Can you still see it on the list when you call your mechanic? How about the insurance company? I had some cars vanish earlier today, though I could still see them on the mechanic's list. Didn't try to mess around with it though. I know there have been some progress-saving delay issues so I'm hoping when I get on later tonight everything will be normal again.

It was gone from both but then I tried to put another car onto my garage instead and it glitched back.

I second that. Plus it's gorgeous with a matte respray.

I found the metallic paint job with a pearlescet accent to be best for it. I have orange metallic paint with gold pearlescent on mine. I like matte paint jobs, but it doesn't look as good on the Gauntlet for some reason; I like it on the Buffalo though.

Top Bottom