• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

soooo. I got online for the first time since Oct. 10th... though I was suppose to have received a half million bucks or whatever for lost characters. I got nothing...?

Been out of the loop, is there something I need to do? Or has Rockstar delays handing out the cash, or backpedaled?

soooo. I got online for the first time since Oct. 10th... though I was suppose to have received a half million bucks or whatever for lost characters. I got nothing...?

Been out of the loop, is there something I need to do? Or has Rockstar delays handing out the cash, or backpedaled?

Delayed.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure I just encountered my first real cheater. He had a bounty on him, so a few guys were piling in. I roll up in my armoured Sandking and proceed to empty an entire magazine of silenced SMG into his torso/head. The health bar above his character didn't change...

It wasn't just lag or anything because he was able to kill me and I tried again for good measure. Even tried dropping a grenade next to him while he was still inside his overturned vehicle. Got a bad sport warning, but no kill.

He had a cheeky friend with a similar PSN handle. If you run into anyone with an ID that starts with something like "z_0r_o", just block them and steer clear.

In lighter news, I got my first sniper kill on another bounty. Parked up on an onramp, he was a few hundred meters down the road below, apparently taking pot shots at me. One bullet meant I was $1000 richer. Every little helps!

Losing a clip you die each time is bullshit when you have extended mags. Lost like 600 mg bullets in less than 3 minutes of a skirmish in freemode.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Thanks for the quick reply. I take it they are still having issues...
There are still issues, yes, but there's been no updated announcement on the payout. Was supposed to be an end of last week for the first half, then got delayed to early this week and when nothing happened there we've had no word since.

Two friends and I jacked an armored car and drove it on the railroad tracks and got 5 stars.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

(Friend took both of these, I'm the guy with the bandanna, tribal facepaint, no shirt and bat). Don't normally dress like that but tonight was a special night.

Edit: Bonus
0_0.jpg

Imm0rt4l

God damn hardlocks are pissing me off.

word.

I get a lot of hardlocks as I'm zooming in on my apartment. The game just decided to freeze as the last guy standing in survival was taking down a helicopter on the 8th stage. My friend who was the last standing was firing at a helicopter for 10 minutes straight on my screen, on his screen the game simply froze. No one got paid.

Anyone know why the picture of my character doesn't have its hat on the Social Club when I have one online?

It was there some days ago, but it has disappeared now...

How can I make it show up on the Social Club?

Is anyone else playing Deathmatch games, just to get some camo for their weapons?
Is there any way to track how many players you have killed? I couldnt find it on the stat screen. It only tells me how many enemies I have killed (including bots), which doesnt help me.
I really want the orange camo for the MP5-ish SMG, but I need 400 kills for it. Right now, I only have between 100-200.

So is there a reason why I can't buy a motorcycle online? I get to the screen where you can pick the color and click BUY NOW and then when I click it I just get a message saying NOT SOLD.

I don't own a garage, does that matter?

SnakeEyes

Banned
So is there a reason why I can't buy a motorcycle online? I get to the screen where you can pick the color and click BUY NOW and then when I click it I just get a message saying NOT SOLD.

I don't own a garage, does that matter?
Yes, possibly, as all vehicles that are bought online are delivered directly to your garage. The cheapest one (I believe) is about $23k.

I still don't get why Rockstar tries to shit on anyone who actually wants to have some fun in this fucking game. Combine that with server and character loss issues, man, they dropped the ball fucking hard. Bunch of retards.

I'm not sure of everyone's GAF name from GTAO, but I had a great session with JellyBean, ScapeGoat and 'toritoni?'. Just blowing up everything, bailing into lakes, stealing planes and fighting off the cops for close to 30 minutes. That's the kind of stuff that keeps me playing this.

Shadownet

Banned
Rockstar is trying to nickle and dime us for almost everything in the game to make sure we'll be buying their cash cards.

Losing ammo when you die? What's next, lose upgrades when you lose a race?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm not sure of everyone's GAF name from GTAO, but I had a great session with JellBean, ScapeGoat and 'tortoni?'. Just blowing up everything, bailing into lakes, stealing planes and fighting off the cops for close to 30 minutes. That's the kind of stuff that keeps me playing this.
Agreed!

PSN: Kurt-Niisan.

Criminal Records tonight anyone? On PS3 now (PSN name is same as username).

Better if you have a mic please :)

I'd join you but i'm too lazy for a mic right now

Also doing CR with a bunch of randoms on motorcycles. It's hilarious that everyone is trying to run one another off the road

Maddocks

Ok I have to ask. How do you rob an armored car? I place the bomb on the doors and then blow it and nothing comes out. I never get paid. Is there a secret to it that I'm failing to see?

Dysun

Starting to get bored with the repeated missions in the 50-70 range. Swear I've been doing the same handful for awhile now from Martin/Ron

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ok I have to ask. How do you rob an armored car? I place the bomb on the doors and then blow it and nothing comes out. I never get paid. Is there a secret to it that I'm failing to see?
Armoured cars seem to be suffering from some intermittent glitching, where they constantly spawn, one after the other. Some will pay out (drop moneybags onto the road) and others will not drop anything.

Dabanton

Have the guards picked up the money yet?

I usually see them as there leaving a store and rob them there and then.

duckroll

Armoured cars seem to be suffering from some intermittent glitching, where they constantly spawn, one after the other. Some will pay out (drop moneybags onto the road) and others will not drop anything.

Sounds like the banks are getting smart, and they're dispatching lots of trucks at once, with the money stored in only a specific one! They should totally turn this bug into a feature. :)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Sounds like the banks are getting smart, and they're dispatching lots of trucks at once, with the money stored in only a specific one! They should totally turn this bug into a feature. :)
I would tip my hat to R* if this was actually by design, but knowing how the online has played out so far... :-/

My game would tonight would just hang whenever I tried getting into my apartment or garage and my crew emblem never showed up. It was weird because I could still access my pause menu.

Anyways I got lucky and found a random that knew how to grind CR but s/he would never let me win :(

At first I was getting annoyed but between me and three of my other buddies competing for them and causing mayhem along the way, it ended up being a blast.

Top Bottom