• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like the banks are getting smart, and they're dispatching lots of trucks at once, with the money stored in only a specific one! They should totally turn this bug into a feature. :)

This is one idea I could get behind.

They could increase the payload slightly for the good'ns, but with an unlucky few, a group of FiB/Mercs could swarm out when you blow the back doors. We been made. Cheese it yous guys!

Ok I have to ask. How do you rob an armored car? I place the bomb on the doors and then blow it and nothing comes out. I never get paid. Is there a secret to it that I'm failing to see?

The foolproof way so far for me is to pull in front of the armoured truck and shoot the driver, and passenger if necessary, then use a shotgun to blast the back doors open while it's stopped. I've yet to not get any money using this method.

Lisker

The foolproof way so far for me is to pull in front of the armoured truck and shoot the driver, and passenger if necessary, then use a shotgun to blast the back doors open while it's stopped. I've yet to not get any money using this method.

2 stickies on the back door. then when it's driving blow it, that way the driver won't bother you because they are too busy speeding away. Grab the cash and flee =P.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I have to ask. How do you rob an armored car? I place the bomb on the doors and then blow it and nothing comes out. I never get paid. Is there a secret to it that I'm failing to see?

I think you have to lose the cops first to get some money out the back (I could be wrong). I never seem to get anything if I just throw stickies at it.

I shoot the driver, steal the truck and hide it until I've lost the wanted level then blow the doors off. That always seems to work.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Just a glitch where sometimes the money bags don't appear, sometimes I don't even see them until I've driven after the car and then turned around to check.

2 stickies on the back door. then when it's driving blow it, that way the driver won't bother you because they are too busy speeding away. Grab the cash and flee =P.

I only use 1, using 2 with no payout means 1k gone for nothing, too risky for me, lol.

Put a sand king in my garage now I can't see shit down the right hand side, just a bright yellow sand king.

This is why I filled my garage with shirt cars first, then when I buy some or bring ones I want back I could place them where I wanted, so my Sandking is right at the back.

Look at this sexy ass bitch

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

And it nearly cost me $300k. Where my stimulus money, Rockstar?

And it seems I've been the victim of the payout glitch. Did at least 1 or 2 missions for the first time today and I only got half the original payout.

Lisker

I only use 1, using 2 with no payout means 1k gone for nothing, too risky for me, lol.

Last time I robbed an armored car 1 wasn't enough, weird.

And it seems I've been the victim of the payout glitch. Did at least 1 or 2 missions for the first time today and I only got half the original payout.

Not a glitch. If you are to high level or finished the mission already you only get half the pay.

MightyCrow

Neo Member

Not a glitch. If you are to high level or finished the mission already you only get half the pay.

He said that he was sure this was his first time doing a mission. He probably wasn't too high level for it.

The 'payout glitch' he is referring to you is, as others have described, when you do a mission for the first time and only get half the pay. This started to happen after the recent 1.04 update which introduced half pay for repeated missions.

On another note as I have not been playing recently does the half mission payout only refer to jobs from Lamar, Simeon etc. and not to races etc.?

Lisker

He said that he was sure this was his first time doing a mission. He probably wasn't too high level for it.

The 'payout glitch' he is referring to you is, as others have described, when you do a mission for the first time and only get half the pay. This started to happen after the recent 1.04 update which introduced half pay for repeated missions.

On another note as I have not been playing recently does the half mission payout only refer to jobs from Lamar, Simeon etc. and not to races etc.?

As far as I have seen only jobs from your contacts. Races are not affected.

Fuck this game freezes a lot. Geez.

Changed a the paint colour on one of my rides and it froze.

Loaded it back up and I was minus the money I'd spent before with nothing to show for it.

I'd say 100k plus I lost.

Not to mention the 5 levels and 50k I had taken on Saturday.

Lisker

Loaded it back up and I was minus the money I'd spent before with nothing to show for it.

Mine has only crashed once I believe, I just hate the retarded amount of loading. But I guess it could be expected considering the age of the hardware.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Does anyone else have issues with getting on the same team as a crew mate in team deathmatch?

My friend will usually host the lobby. He invites me in then he opens it up to the public.
Probably 90% of the time we will be on opposite teams.
The lobby has team balancing set to off and we are in the same crew.

Very annoying.

E92 M3

Does anyone else have issues with getting on the same team as a crew mate in team deathmatch?

My friend will usually host the lobby. He invites me in then he opens it up to the public.
Probably 90% of the time we will be on opposite teams.
The lobby has team balancing set to off and we are in the same crew.

Very annoying.

Yes, Online doesn't have a proper matchmaking or part system, unfortunately. A rather large oversight if you ask me.

It'd be great if whatever amazing technology they use to track the finances was extended to the rest of our characters.

edgefusion

Logged in after a couple of days of not playing and my character is gone again. I've just about had it at this point, I really don't have the heart to start over again, especially when there's zero assurance it's not going to just keep happening.

It's infuriating. I haven't heard anyone yet say their bank accounts were rolled back to when they had more money. It's obvious whatever handles the money is far more robust, and really thats a huge dick move.

Yeah, both times my characters got wiped, only their bank accounts remained. Small consolation since levels > money in this game.

According to the social club website, I no longer have a combat pistol. I don't even understand how that's possible.

Fuck the Social Club. According to that, I'm still a level 91 with most my records in-tact. Funny, because I still have weapon upgrades unlocked, but the weapons themselves are still locked. Whatever, though. I only spent about 240 hours. I'm not bitter. Not bitter at fucking all.

I'm pretty sure that the 'payout glitch' when you do a mission for the first time and get half the pay is when you are a level below the required level to play that mission... they give you half pay until you reach the level which si supposed to play that mission.

I think it's a pointless, useless, confusing change... But... I think it's intention.

Alpende

Haha, just finished first in a GTA race. Right before the last turn I used my last rockets to blow up the guy in front of me.

Felt good.

I'm not sure of everyone's GAF name from GTAO, but I had a great session with JellyBean, ScapeGoat and 'toritoni?'. Just blowing up everything, bailing into lakes, stealing planes and fighting off the cops for close to 30 minutes. That's the kind of stuff that keeps me playing this.

That was a great time! (I'm MrJellyBean). For as much as I've played this online, I haven't really messed around a lot in Free Roam and stuff like last night makes me want to do it more. It was great having 5 or 6 crew members in the lobby and having a bounty on the one other random person there and all of us going after them. Should have set my mic settings to everyone to hear if they were saying anything. Good times.

Also, I can't believe my Buzzard survived that collision with your Luxor. Those things can take a beating.

It was great having 5 or 6 crew members in the lobby and having a bounty on the one other random person there and all of us going after them.

Whaaa? I've never seen that many of the GAF Street crew in a lobby, I've probably only seen a maximum of two others besides myself. Free aim lobbies on Xbox are a ghost town for Gaffers.

That's the way it's supposed to work but I've seen countless times people not getting money that way. Stopping the truck first by shooting the driver has always resulted in money falling out for me. Plus a few shotgun shells are cheaper than sticky bombs :p

Reule

About the whole payout glitch, my girlfriend has been hit with this. I know she hasn't done some of the missions we''ve done and she's only getting half the payout. Kind of pissing me off considering she's getting screwed out of the money. I guess that's normal with the multiplayer though.

Edit: Read on GameFaqs that supposedly if players aren't at the required level, they won't receive the full pay for the mission even if it's their first time doing it. Anyone hear about that?

kris.

Banned
i think im gonna sell my copy and maybe wait for a pc release before jumping back into online again. i haven't played in like a week and have no urge to anymore. it's just so boring :/

FWIW I put one sticky on the back doors of the armored car and have gotten payout all but one time. That one time, I purposely detonated with another car nearby and the ensuing chain reaction destroyed the armored car, which is why I assume I got no cash.

About the whole payout glitch, my girlfriend has been hit with this. I know she hasn't done some of the missions we''ve done and she's only getting half the payout. Kind of pissing me off considering she's getting screwed out of the money. I guess that's normal with the multiplayer though.

I don't think that it's a glitch. If you're not at the level requirement or if you're replaying it, you'll receive half. It's to keep low levels from only accepting high-paying jobs. Gotta love these little fucking changes.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Look at this sexy ass bitch

0_0.jpg

I mean no offence to your taste, but what is usually a pretty sweet looking car is made quite ugly with the that carbon hood instead of a normal coloured one.

I always use just one to "blow the bloody doors off", never not had it work. I usually just drive up behind on my bike, throw one on, back up, explode, and pick up the money, then get the hell out of there before the helicopters are on my ass, lol.

Just having some fun!

Neat, I didn't think we could get this car in MP for some reason, where do you get it?

Pennybags

What car is that?

Space Docker from single player.

You have to use out-of-game means to get it into Online, but once you have it, you can dupe it easily to give it to anyone else. More and more people are duping them for their friends, so they are starting to spread.

Reule

I don't think that it's a glitch. If you're not at the level requirement or if you're replaying it, you'll receive half. It's to keep low levels from only accepting high-paying jobs. Gotta love these little fucking changes.
Yeah, I edited my post after reading it elsewhere. That's pretty awful. I mean, it's already universal that after the first payout it's cut in half.

Whaaa? I've never seen that many of the GAF Street crew in a lobby, I've probably only seen a maximum of two others besides myself. Free aim lobbies on Xbox are a ghost town for Gaffers.

I'm in the Gaming Age Family PS3 crew and having that many members in one lobby doesn't happen all that often. Two or three others is usually the norm. I can't remember if is was a free aim or assist lobby though. I know I started the night with free aim on, but I can't remember if it switched while playing missions.

I've been helping WhatRobEats with making sure there's active members and he's been doing a great job managing the crew with small amount of tools available. Maybe the GAF Street leader needs to go through the crew list a little and boot those who have no playtime to get some more active members in it. It is a major pain in the ass to manage though. Rockstar really needs something better to manage these large crews. They also need to up the limit or allow us to link up or make a partnership with other crews so it's easy to invite those from other GAF crews on the same system.

Welp, that would explain why I've never seen a fellow GAF Street member, and all my "Join Crew" attempts end in failure...I almost always play free aim, aside from odd times when one of my friends is on that plays assisted aim.

Welp, that would explain why I've never seen a fellow GAF Street member, and all my "Join Crew" attempts end in failure...I almost always play free aim, aside from odd times when one of my friends is on that plays assisted aim.

I've been on a lot lately, mainly from about 9 CST to around midnight. But yeah, when I try to join crew members, it rarely finds any. I think most people are in aim assist lobbies, which I detest.

I've been on a lot lately, mainly from about 9 CST to around midnight. But yeah, when I try to join crew members, it rarely finds any. I think most people are in aim assist lobbies, which I detest.

The camera turns around too slowly for me to play without aim-assist, even with max sensitivity. Are there any benefits by playing in those lobbies?

Grimsen

The camera turns around too slowly for me to play without aim-assist, even with max sensitivity. Are there any benefits by playing in those lobbies?

More challenging in VS play. But it's hard to fill lobbies.

What's the default aim setting? Classic GTA or aim assist?

I was on free aim, but I'm sick of waiting forever for people to join races and coop missions.

I switched to Classic GTA last night, but still nobody joined.

Have you tried upping the controller sensitivity?

Yeah, there are a ton of benefits for playing in free aim lobbies. One, it takes skill to kill another player. Two, it's much harder to be griefed. Three, you don't get gunned down by a stationary gunman when driving by at 60 MPH, or more appropriately, if you do, the dude has got mad skillz.

Aim assist makes a ton of sense for co-op missions, but I can't fathom how some of you tolerate aim assist in the free roam. From the little I tried, it was just too much bullshit to deal with.

I seriously recommend getting custom versions of the main racing cars.
Entity XF
Gauntlet
9F
and others I can't remember.

If you put some money into the cheaper ones, it can go a long way to helping you win races that allow custom cars (which in my experience is most of them)

Sheeeeeeee-it son, spend some of that $400k on a decent apartment with a 10 car garage; you're going to need it when it comes time to do the heists.

Will do. I wanted to wait til we got our stimulus package but it looks like that's not happening any time soon. Weren't we originally supposed to get it last week? Then it turned into early this week? And now.....?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I seriously recommend getting custom versions of the main racing cars.
Entity XF
Gauntlet
9F
and others I can't remember.

If you put some money into the cheaper ones, it can go a long way to helping you win races that allow custom cars (which in my experience is most of them)
Yeah, this is what I decided I'm doing with my money, now. Granted, it's almost all gone at this point. Already have my Entity modded, and just bought a Carbonizzare. Probably move onto a muscle car next.

Tawpgun

Rockstar should release a TU that adds an aiming mode toggle to missions.

I hate starting a shooting intensive mission in free aim mode.

But the majority of missions free aim is better (TDM, doesnt matter in race, LTS, smaller scale drug missions)

But then you play something like Base Invaders or Death from Above and that shit is so hard with free aim. Game doesn't balance for it.

As far as custom cars go, do your mods affect it at all? I looked at my souped up Sultan for a race and its stats were the same as the base sultan.

Vashetti

Banned
Just got kicked from the session by other players. Wasn't even interacting with them and was doing my own thing.

Get kicked to single-player? Who the fuck came up with that?

Top Bottom