• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Diebuster

I bought my first ignition bomb today. Fitted it on my Entity XF and parked right outside LSC in the northern part of the city. I climbed up the nearby building to make it seem like I was busy sniping and waited. Less than two minutes later I had a bite!

But the thief parked his personal vehicle next to mine beforehand. Both cars blew up, I got stuck with all the bills, and now I have a new hat:

0_0c9ozy.jpg

I regret nothing. :p

That free Elegy we get from having social club is my lucky charm, everytime I drive it those Felon GTs spawn and those bad boys sell for 9,500 at LSC. I have 6 in my garage right now

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
That free Elegy we get from having social club is my lucky charm, everytime I drive it those Felon GTs spawn and those bad boys sell for 9,500 at LSC. I have 6 in my garage right now

What in the hummana-hey?

Also, there's a loading screen tip that says we get a free 2-car garage from signing up to Social Club... pretty sure I never got my garage. Did it mean offline only?

What in the hummana-hey?

Also, there's a loading screen tip that says we get a free 2-car garage from signing up to Social Club... pretty sure I never got my garage. Did it mean offline only?

The tip is incorrect. You get the garage with the Limited or Deluxe edition or something. You get the Elegy from the Social Club.

keit4

Banned
There should be a way to put a bounty on yourself. The best part of the game is to run away from the bounty hunters in the free roam mode.

harrytang

I'm almost level 50 and I cannot see crate drops. I thought one hadnt happened yet for me, but playing with a buddy he mentions he was going to collect one and I was floored.

I see the green Simeon cars and the gang attacks, but that's it. I hope it gets fixed in the next update.

dreamfall

It definitely feels like leveling for me has slowed to a crawl- stuck around level 64?

I wish the missions would offer more of a payout. I still seem to return to Criminal Records when I'm feeling low on cash. But I miss the Violent Duct days!

E92 M3

It definitely feels like leveling for me has slowed to a crawl- stuck around level 64?

I wish the missions would offer more of a payout. I still seem to return to Criminal Records when I'm feeling low on cash. But I miss the Violent Duct days!

I haven't even played in 4 days and I'm also around your level (65). R* needs to spice things up a lot. I play alone and messing around in free roam loses its charm. Curious to see what the special events bring.

There kinda is. Get a crew together, maybe 4 guys. Get in a car which can seat everyone. Drive around to an area with a few players, and just start some shit by shooting at them. BOOM! More fun than actual deathmatch. :D

And then you blow up their vehicles and get sent to the bad sport lobby where it's all deathmatch all the time

I really.. really don't understand how people destroy others vehicles so coincidentally. Do you just run around with grenades and bombs and don't bother shooting?

I do that on occasion, because it's a ton of fun littering the roadway with explosions. I have been lucky enough to NOT have blown up someones car in a while though. If I did, I have it coming :D

Though, I love finding peoples personal cars, then setting off HUGE explosion chains around them, but not close enough to get them. That realllllly freaks them out & sends them hightailing it away in no time.

Oozer3993

Only 6? Pffff, child's play.

AXYVJGm.jpg

I somehow managed to spawn inside a car after coming out of LSC a couple days ago.

23xAQwm.jpg

I like that in car view there from the backseat. Makes me wish we could see that in game^^ Being one of the only open world games that allows in car views, c'mon wit it Rockstar! I am also greatly saddened by the lack of FPV when you put a big block motor on your Sabre Turbo D:
Pause > Online > Jobs > Host Job > Rockstar Created > Coveted

Takes about five minutes to do (quicker if you have friends to do it with). Pays $12,000, can be repeated by pressing square at the score/rewards screen.
Awesome, this helps me out too, thanks. On a side note, love that avatar. Simon & his Pops needs to make a triumphant return.

Back to topic, I found great fun yesterday by following a random low level (single digit level) n00b around, being his getaway driver several times, then taking him back to my garage where I told him to pick any car he wanted. He picked my Entity, then he tore up the city for abouta good 20 minutes before it got totalled. I gave him some wanted levels to see how he would react to it, and he handled himself well! It was an excellent change of pace, and very fun to see how other people react to the given situations.

I bought my first ignition bomb today. Fitted it on my Entity XF and parked right outside LSC in the northern part of the city. I climbed up the nearby building to make it seem like I was busy sniping and waited. Less than two minutes later I had a bite!

But the thief parked his personal vehicle next to mine beforehand. Both cars blew up, I got stuck with all the bills, and now I have a new hat:

0_0c9ozy.jpg

I regret nothing. :p

lol how long do they exile you to the bad sport lobbies until you're able to come back?

I've been wanting to outfit my Bati with an ignition bomb because it gets stolen EVERY single time I play free roam. I'll either get off the bike to go into a store or I'll get killed and it gets stolen but I swear other people drive it more often than I do. And I don't want to set it so my vehicles are off limits to other people because then they can't drive them during missions if they have to and honestly I have fun trying to get it back in free roam.

I figure the ignition bomb would be pretty hilarious to use but I didn't even think about the possibility of people leaving their cars by it. Might be worth it though.

I really.. really don't understand how people destroy others vehicles so coincidentally. Do you just run around with grenades and bombs and don't bother shooting?

The point I was trying to make was that duckroll's full-map "deathmatch" suggestion is limited compared to what an actual full-map deathmatch mode would offer. If throwing a sticky bomb onto an enemy's car is possible at a given moment, I want to be able to do it without worrying about being able to join friends' games for two days.

I get why the bad sport mechanic exists. I've never gotten sent to the bad sport lobby, but I've blown up a lot of personal vehicles. I want a mode focused on free-for-all or team deathmatches where you can do whatever you like to defeat others/the other team. Deathmatches in GTAIV were great because they could be set to where the entire city and all its vehicles were available. As they are now, V's deathmatches are probably the worst mode because each one takes place in tiny areas in which all the problems with the shooting controls become evident. Couple that with the low-health and limited weapon selection, it's just a boring mode.

torontoml

So playing with catdafelix today I found out the fastest plane in the game is actually the titan, when it's at high altitude. Thing was like mach 5 or something couldn't even get close with the fighter jet.

Soooo apparently you can set someone's car on fire with the gas can and when it blows up not get the bad sport penalty and not have to pay the insurance.

Found that out last night when someone decided to do that to my Entity, was not pleased.

Acorn

So playing with catdafelix today I found out the fastest plane in the game is actually the titan, when it's at high altitude. Thing was like mach 5 or something couldn't even get close with the fighter jet.

Heh, I once used a fighter jet to avoid a bounty. Climbed to the sky ceiling and just glided with no thrust for ages.

Marleyman

Banned
Deathmatches in GTAIV were great because they could be set to where the entire city and all its vehicles were available. As they are now, V's deathmatches are probably the worst mode because each one takes place in tiny areas in which all the problems with the shooting controls become evident. Couple that with the low-health and limited weapon selection, it's just a boring mode.

Loved GTA IV's deathmatches..these, not so much at all. I am going to rant a bit here, however the online play in GTA IV, to me, was a more refined experience. I played GTA IV online up until GTA V launched and have actually gotten the urge to throw it back in for some old fashioned GTA racing, cops n crooks and deathmatch. That is a shame considering how big of a fan I am of GTA in general.

torontoml

Don't know how you did it catdafelix but I couldn't get it to work. Plane was slow like normal.

Oh well. There must be some kind of trick to it that I'm not getting.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wait, blowing up another player's vehicle is bad sportsmanship?
KuGsj.gif

Shooting vehicles until they blowup is a hallmark of GTA.

Pretty useful tidbit, thank you. Also, to be sure, you had your landing gear up, correct?

I finally unlocked Crate Drops yesterday, but it seems now that Armored Trucks don't appear anymore.

Before that, I was always seeing 2 or 3 Armored Trucks every time I was playing multiplayer.

So, did I screwed myself by unlocking Crate Drops?

Imm0rt4l

I finally unlocked Crate Drops yesterday, but it seems now that Armored Trucks don't appear anymore.

Before that, I was always seeing 2 or 3 Armored Trucks every time I was playing multiplayer.

So, did I screwed myself by unlocking Crate Drops?

armored trucks pop up very randomly for me. And when they do spawn, they seemingly spawn over and over again for a long while. I made 100k off armored trucks alone yesterday.

Derrick01

Banned
Rockstar I just want to play Golf alone. If I didn't want to I wouldn't be in an invite only game by myself. Why must you be dicks about this?

armored trucks pop up very randomly for me. And when they do spawn, they seemingly spawn over and over again for a long while. I made 100k off armored trucks alone yesterday.
I'm trying to get the Full Metal Jacket Platinum Award (Rob 25 Armored Trucks) and I'm at 20/25, but sometimes the truck I rob doesn't count to this (I still get the money, but it doesn't count).

GQman2121

Banned
I'm trying to get the Full Metal Jacket Platinum Award (Rob 25 Armored Trucks) and I'm at 20/25, but sometimes the truck I rob doesn't count to this (I still get the money, but it doesn't count).

If you're in a room with people that are not ranked high enough to unlock armored trucks they won't spawn at all. It only takes one too.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Online really becomes a grind after level 50

Not many rewards for leveling up outside more clothing optiions

Soooo apparently you can set someone's car on fire with the gas can and when it blows up not get the bad sport penalty and not have to pay the insurance.

Found that out last night when someone decided to do that to my Entity, was not pleased.

Hmmm, just tried this out, and I got the bad sport warning and had to pay. I wonder if there is some trick to it?

Cess007

What's a good mission to farm for money? I seem to do a lot of down the drain which pays out pretty decently but I'm pretty sure I haven't even done most missions

Pause > Online > Jobs > Host Job > Rockstar Created > Coveted

Takes about five minutes to do (quicker if you have friends to do it with). Pays $12,000, can be repeated by pressing square at the score/rewards screen.

Awesome, this helps me out too, thanks. On a side note, love that avatar. Simon & his Pops needs to make a triumphant return

It's a shame that mission only unlocks until you're high ranked :(

I found that "The Commute" is a easy and fast race to farm money. It's a 2minutes race and depending how many players are, you can net up to 9K in a single race if you win (also, it gives a lot of RP points). And you can access it from rank 1.

Top Bottom