• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Spazznid

I think the matchmaking is still similar if you use "quick job"

which you can't use until after the tutorials..

I understand R* issues are tough ones, but for now at least, I wish they'd just patch out the first few missions or someting.

Grimsen

I really shouldnt have picked a bigass pickup as my default car.

I was with a random dude, chasing a coquette. We had to ditch my car for something faster. :)

Gorillaz

Is updating firmware possibly help out (?) on PS3? because I remember people saying that Sony's maintenance and firmware update could have made things rougher.

Has anyone been able to get more than a few hundred dollars when killing someone in free roam? I thought if someone had say $5000 in cash on them when you killed them, they would drop the whole $5000.

Unicorn

Has anyone been able to get more than a few hundred dollars when killing someone in free roam? I thought if someone had say $5000 in cash on them when you killed them, they would drop the whole $5000.
Wow that would suck.
Green theft auto(matically) online
Grief this audience online
Greed that offends online

Saganator

I watched a stream earlier, and it seemed like they were only dropping $100 whenever they died. Was a lil disappointed about that.

Can anyone outline the sequence to keep retrying on 360?

Do you just keep dashboarding at launching session after a certain amount of time?

Nah they don't drip all of it but I thought nearly half. Perhaps people are depositing their money...

I'm pretty surprised by character creation tools.
I actually looked for people that look like my grandparents and my character looks very like me.
0_0.jpg

Double D

For the folks getting in, let us know how long you had to wait to get past the "launching session" screen.

This. I need details on this. Preferably base it on the in game timer that pops up at the top of the screen since the 'Launching session' seems to start at midnight every time.

G-Bus

Banned
Ok, for all those peeps getting in to the multiplayer...you 360 or PS3?

360 here

For the folks getting in, let us know how long you had to wait to get past the "launching session" screen.

Haven't waited long at all for anything. I think I hung in the clouds for maybe a minute once after doing a mission or something.

I'm in Canada too btw. Not sure if it's really any different in North America.

matt05891

I tried since about 1pm my time and still can't get on and my buddies who didn't try until 6pm got it working on the second try. Quite irritating listening to a bunch of my buddies robbing stores while I am just sitting here hoping it works every time. I'm assuming it never launches on the launching session screen.

Tawpgun

Dude wtf.

The game has a very top down rich get richer design.

We were doing a mission, team v team, and the other team had slightly higher ranks, meaning they had fucking Uzi's/Sawn Offs doing drive bys and I'm stuck with a pistol. We got wrecked.

Double D

So when im in the launching session screen I see other players appearing and disappearing sometimes strangely walking away. Is that a sign of anything

I think it's people waiting and then quitting. I wonder how many of you guys have been standing there in the parking lot with me, bouncing to the music. Or maybe you just have to pee really bad from waiting so long.

Wow that would suck.
Green theft auto(matically) online
Grief this audience online
Greed that offends online

I watched a stream earlier, and it seemed like they were only dropping $100 whenever they died. Was a lil disappointed about that.

Nah they don't drip all of it but I thought nearly half. Perhaps people are depositing their money...

They drop what ever amount they had above $5,000. So if they were carrying $5500, you'll get $500 off their body. If they're carrying $10,000, you'll get $5,000.

Though if they're carrying less than $5,000 you'll only get $100. I don't think this $100 is actually deducted from them though, it's just a reward for the kill.

I guess this is to stop people from ruining someones game completely.

Dude wtf.

The game has a very top down rich get richer design.

Subtle Rockstar satire?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Try different ways of joining! Like character switching, pressing A at load, and through the menus!

I tried all of this and nothing has worked. Even doing solo online, invite only, etc. Nothing is getting through the race.

Also I am NEVER listening to soulwax FM after hearing it the whole time it tries to do this. The girl going "relax, relax, relax, relax" is hilarious considering this.

Top Bottom