• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I agree that Rockstar bungled this badly. However, it's always interesting to me how much people are willing to torture themselves to play through these conditions. I checked in, saw it wasn't working and went on to something else. It's amazing that some folks have been trying for "hours".

Yep. I see this as a bit of an overreaction.

The minute I started seeing people saying things like "Single player is kinda glitchy after I downloaded the update", I decided to abstain from downloading the PSN update. Now I'm seeing corrupt save files?? Boy am I glad I played single player last night disconnected from PSN.

Same logic applied to Skyrim for me. I got it day one, was completely skeptical that Bethesda had released a working PS3 version, looked online to see, yep, broken...waited until they patched the shit out of the game and managed to play through it extensively with a relatively smooth experience.

For the love of god people, JUST BE PATIENT.

Also, those people threatening to trade the game in are being completely ridiculous.

Really you feel sorry for developers why they mad the game it's their fault, we the customer have the right to angry when something doesn't work. Oh yes bring out poor poor EA and Sim City screwing the game up for at least a week, I don't understand why people want to be developer apologist it's sad.

simple, these guys and girls work hard and long. Sometimes in the pursuit of pushing tech forward there are hiccups.

Sure we can complain, but like someone said earlier:

"you are aware that Rockstar are probably a little more stressed about this than any of you are”

give them a break. You have the SP and soon enough the online will be fixed.

geesh.

I'm slightly surprised how bad this all turned out - but in a few weeks no one will care. And a few months when there's 20 million players, no one will care. MMO's have messed up launches, and fully expect all of these damn "cloud games" to as well.

bookmarked for future rant on "cloud"

Next-gen consoles come out in 6 weeks. I have no time to wait.

rjcc

Sure wish I could play this tutorial race.

Basically, been stuck at that all day, occasionally it repeats the intro screen w/ the guy driving up, sometimes I almost get a multiplayer menu.

early in the morning, I glitched into the game and was driving around with no HUD.

nothing since.

Welp.

Thanks to Online, the game was able to fuck my save over and corrupted it. Luckily, I had a few backups.

A few of my friend weren't so lucky, and one was almost finished with the story.

This is more like "Hey, the party is going to be slow at first. After a few hours, it'll get poppin'!"

And after 18 hours of waiting (not to mention to 2 week hype up)

you're still waiting for kegs to be delivered, if you were randomly lucky to get in...

Played for about 3 hours today.

Lots of fun. Biggest issues right now:

1. There's no party option. Your friends and you have to constantly join and rejoin your servers.

2. Obviously issues with sometimes the server not loading.

3. Not being able to do tennis/sports from the get go. You have to play a certain amount.

4. Training anything (such as shooting range) requires you to play with someone else. So if you ever want to train that it's gonna take ages.

5. You need to unlock cars before you can upgrade them. So you're stuck with crappy cars at first. You can steal a nice car and drive it around, but cops will chase you every now and again for driving a stolen car.

HiiiLife

Basically, been stuck at that all day, occasionally it repeats the intro screen w/ the guy driving up, sometimes I almost get a multiplayer menu.

early in the morning, I glitched into the game and was driving around with no HUD.

nothing since.

Funny part is my little brother somehow managed to get past it. Little shit. Having fun online and what not :(

Please do explain

I have no backup...I would be livid if my game erased.

From what I hear, trying to access the Online can fuck up the character wheel, or somehow corrupt it. I bet there is more to it, but it's not like I've been doing anything besides trying to get in.

Same way with my friends, we've tried maybe 20 times to jump in. Although, the first time one of them tried to get in and got booted, his file was fucked.

I think it's rare, but back it up just to be safe.

Derrick01

Banned
Did this update change the sound at all? The radio seems even lower for me than it did before.

Other than that there doesn't seem to be any problems with my SP game. As for Online I made it past the intro video but like most others I get booted when the race starts.

Resilient

HOW I GOT IN

1. Load GTA V
2. Press A to load Online straight away! This is crucial!
3. Wait, hope to GOD it goes through. Should only take about 1-2 minutes.

MAX PAYMENT

Having played the game a while, I found out that I got to experience some unique shit during my first, glitches, GTA online play.

I got to experience 2 unique types of events that I have yet to see on my legit play through.

1. Gangs. I got the Clean Sweep achievement, for killing 10 gang members (similar to Red Dead), without dying, before I unlocked the tutorial achievement.

2. Cargo drops? I can't remember the name, but a message would pop up on the screen saying something like, "a gang has the cargo drop." These drops appear as a green square on the map. I tried to go check it out but it was guarded by 40ish NPCs, all packing M4s.

Did anyone else experience this? Did my first character glitch into early access?

Pandemic

I still can't get in, but I hate that character customization, annoying shit.. It's a system that should be for The Sims or something.

Twinduct

And after 18 hours of waiting (not to mention to 2 week hype up)

you're still waiting for kegs to be delivered, if you were randomly lucky to get in...

And as you wait outside some of those who got in comes outside for a smoke, they then look down on you and scoffs at you ' Can't believe you want to get in so badly! I mean sure I got in! But man you are such a manbaby! ' before he leaves.

Sometimes you also get some random guy walking past you on a horse, clearly he has avoided this trench, but he decides to help you ... by telling you how silly you are for having any expectations.

And as you wait outside some of those who got in comes outside for a smoke, they then look down on you and scoffs at you ' Can't believe you want to get in so badly! I mean sure I got in! But man you are such a manbaby! ' before he leaves.

Sometimes you also get some random guy walking past you on a horse, clearly he has avoided this trench, but he decides to help you ... by telling you how silly you are for having any expectations.

I'm just pointing out the inaccuracies of his analogy. Calm down. After 18 hours (not constant) I feel a little annoyed.

Gaz_RB

Having played the game a while, I found out that I got to experience some unique shit during my first, glitches, GTA online play.

I got to experience 2 unique types of events that I have yet to see on my legit play through.

1. Gangs. I got the Clean Sweep achievement, for killing 10 gang members (similar to Red Dead), without dying, before I unlocked the tutorial achievement.

2. Cargo drops? I can't remember the name, but a message would pop up on the screen saying something like, "a gang has the cargo drop." These drops appear as a green square on the map. I tried to go check it out but it was guarded by 40ish NPCs, all packing M4s.

Did anyone else experience this? Did my first character glitch into early access?

Are these things that happened to you in free roam?

Dead

well not really...yet
Tried again. Changed from being stuck at waiting for players to being stuck at launching session.

Progress?

Saganator

I seriously believe no one on PS3 is playing. I really want someone to prove me wrong. Playing with the glitched first race doesn't count.

Any future posts should be prefaced stating which console you're using, it would be a bit more helpful to us PS3 people.

Has it been confirmed whether or not its just not working for PS3 users? It would be nice if just they came out and said so if that was the case.
Sorry I meant to. I'm on the 360.

Man it'd be really cool with a group of friends. invites are handled really well, though a bit slow. The mayhem is awesome! If done properly gta:eek: COULD give the game the longevity that's missing from SP. I desperately need a runnin crew and clown tattoo I'm one of the clowns now ya dig.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
If you check your saved games you SHOULD have a save and an auto save.

I had a corrupted save today, and it was BEFORE downloading the new patch (I skipped it), I was stuck in a never ending loading. So I copied my saves, deleted my latest save, and launched the game, causing it to load my older auto-save. It worked.

I don't get it, do we have to just wait for 8 people or is just a problem with it being random and making it in by just restarting the game?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
There's some guy standing here with me at the Launching Session screen messaging me, tells me he's been trying to do this race for 11 hours lmao

X360

I got as far as 'off the plane' achievement, walked over to start the race and then people started appearing and sort of bopping to the music, they kept randomly appearing and disappearing. None of us could move. then a couple guys randomly turned around and walked off. Left it doing that for 20 minutes then switched off the xbox.

So far I think I enjoy single player more.

Hip Hop

The MP feels empty. It might be because of the player count, but also the structure of it.

Doesn't feel like Free Mode at all. If you are playing by yourself, it will be a borefest unless you are playing races and the like.

I just wanted a Free Mode where I could tailor make my lobby, and finally get rid of this horrible cop system. Looks like I am stuck with it and will be held back by the fun. Literally cant' shoot, or there is a cop on my ass.

I guess the PC version will do if they manage to override the police system.

I don't get it, do we have to just wait for 8 people or is just a problem with it being random and making it in by just restarting the game?
(360) I walked into the circle and a menu popped up to choose a car. I would assume if you can see the people it won't work. That was just with me.

Gaz_RB

X360

I got as far as 'off the plane' achievement, walked over to start the race and then people started appearing and sort of bopping to the music, they kept randomly appearing and disappearing. None of us could move. then a couple guys randomly turned around and walked off. Left it doing that for 20 minutes then switched off the xbox.

So far I think I enjoy single player more.

I can't imagine why!

What a disgrace. Especially when compared to the stellar single player mode.

Additional bonus disgrace: Rockstar Apologists that try to defend such a fucking shitty and totally 100% BOTCHED launch. Grow some consumer balls, why don't ya?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I was hoping that trying it at 6am might let me get past the damn race seeing as most of the UK is either asleep or those awake are on their way to work, but nope, still no hope.

Spinluck

I've owned a 360 every year until 2013. My 360 bit the dust for like the 4th time, so I grabbed a PS3 to catch up on their exclusives. Sonys online component seemed like it sucked complete ass, and it does. This reinforces it. And makes me afraid to get a PS4.

Lol PSN isn't the pinnacle of online gaming.

But this is on Rockstar. I can't remember too many clusterfuck online launches worse than this one. Not counting the DRM fiascos. Killzone Shadowfall will have dedicated servers, I think that's pointing in a generally good direction for PS4's online compared to PS3. Not to mention unless you're playing F2P MMO's, you have to pay to play online now.

Cool thanks for the input. How many times did you try? What method did you use?

Man I tried all day, I created a female and it went smooth. I finished the race,
and one more mission
in a map by myself it threw me in a full room. I left and came back twice with no problems. I wish you luck!

Top Bottom