• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

parasight

The worst part is I got through to the race earlier this morning and then my internet crapped out as I was racing. I didn't think much of it but now I realize how incredibly lucky I was to get into the race, and how incredibly unlucky I was to disconnect at that exact moment.

How come 360 people aren't experiencing the same issues?

We are.

KaYotiX

Banned
How come 360 people aren't experiencing the same issues?

Few of my friends are stuck at the Lamar race.

Im lucky I got passed that around noon. About to hit lvl 10, game is fun but I can only imagine how much more fun it is with buds doing robberies and missions......

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
my experience with GTA Online yesterday:

cNUgtvu.jpg

Does not workt AT ALL.
I once made it to the character creator and succesfully created my char. But thats about it.
Why does it always say that the game session could not be hosted? Well, game, then dont try! Just get me into an allready hosted one!

Haines

Banned
What a disgrace. Especially when compared to the stellar single player mode.

Additional bonus disgrace: Rockstar Apologists that try to defend such a fucking shitty and totally 100% BOTCHED launch. Grow some consumer balls, why don't ya?

Games last longer than 1 day. Stop acting like this is Sim City.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I logged on, created my character and ran through the tutorial + got dumped into a full game on my first try without any trouble at all.

I also never saw an error or queue in FF XIV's launch.

Dunno what to make of this.

malfcn

Have hit the dashboard a few times. Right now standing in a parking lot with 4 dudes and it says launching session. This is the farthest anything has gone. Maybe if I dashboard out again it will get even farther. Just had a few models pop in and out, but nothing changed.

Lothars

Have hit the dashboard a few times. Right now standing in a parking lot with 4 dudes and it says launching session. This is the farthest anything has gone. Maybe if I dashboard out again it will get even farther. Just had a few models pop in and out, but nothing changed.
Yup I am at the same place as well, it's not getting me any further.

udiie

Careful now, apparently this is the closest to actually getting in a game. I've been waiting in a lobby like that for about 20 minutes and I'm so scared to press anything in case it works.

Xbox Rox

Banned

Same for me.

Hip Hop

I wish everyone who says "they got in" would state what system they are on.

I think it is probably 100>0 in favor of 360

I got in on the 360 the first second the update came out. Did the tutorial and prologue with all the early players, and has been very smooth every time I've logged on. Not a single problem. I think the issues everyone is having comes from the fact that Rockstar is forcing everyone to do the early tutorials at the same time. Since I got it out of the way early on before the server overload, the outcome is no issues at all.

malfcn

A few models popped in and out. Another model walked away in a strut. I have little patience for this.

Another guy just walked off, and now it's me and one other.

I got in on the 360 the first second the update came out. Did the tutorial and prologue with all the early players, and has been very smooth every time I've logged on. Not a single problem. I think the issues everyone is having comes from the fact that Rockstar is forcing everyone to do the early tutorials at the same time. Since I got it out of the way early on before the server overload, the outcome is no issues at all.

I knew I should have got up at 4am (PST) to play. Lol. Instead I slept in till 9am.

KAP151

Took me close to 90 minutes to log in last night (Australian time) on 360. I must of quit to dashboard at least 20 times.

Its really not that much better when you get in. There are bugs a plenty and hardly anything 'mission' related has worked for me. Constant freezes, getting kicked for no reason, R* servers not appearing online, load loops, missions not appearing at all etc, etc.

I know its early days, but man it has been rough so far.

I've made it as far as the race with Lamar, but got booted just as it was starting. On PS3.

This is pretty bad on Rockstars behalf. They should've had a beta, what did they think would happen.

G-Bus

Banned
You can't mess around in Free Mode, every time you get killed, you loose like a thousand bucks.

Not fun.

Maybe that depends on how much cash you have/your rank. Early on I was only loosing $100 i think. That was early on though. Haven't bothered with the lobby at all since I started to get into games.

Kind of finding tdm/dm to be a bit of bullshit. Really wish auto aim didn't work from such a far distance and when you hit a loosing streak (die 3 times in a row without a kill) your vision gets all fucked up giving you a bit of a handi cap. Not sure what the thinking was behind that.

Races are good fun. Pretty surprised how smooth everything is. Haven't done any heists or anything cool like that yet.

On a side note. I have been playing around with the character creator a lot as i can't really do anything else currently. My guy is not a chud/meth head reject

zUx8AVOl.jpg

Wish I had the CE content (Nico, Claude, Misty) to see what else I can make.

My friend and I instantly bought suits and robbing masks. Also if you're starting get ready to feel like you're in the Wire.

You'll walk out of a store with a friend and get shot to death by random douchebag #1.

Ploid 3.0

Yep it's the darn race tutorial, the PS3 stream went to trevor, and got back online via solo play. If the game didn't kick us straight to the race tutorial things would be different.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
On a side note. I have been playing around with the character creator a lot as i can't really do anything else currently. My guy is not a chud/meth head reject

Wish I had the CE content (Nico, Claude, Misty) to see what else I can make.

Your guy looks a lot like mine.

Marston as your dad, right?

btw, I'm on a 360. Just did a few missions with buds

I don't know if it helps that I'm within 10 miles of the Rockstar SanDiego building. I don't think they have any servers there...

BigDug13

I really hate the character creator. Seriously, 2 generations of family to tweak is better than just giving us sliders?

I just ended up clicking the "random" button until I found a face I liked, then tweaked hair and stuff from there.

malfcn

Did one mission and then I was getting swarmed by players while it told me to go to am ATM. I had no ammo and said F that. Switched to Michael. How do I save and such? Or is it all drop in and it knows what to tell me?

Your guy looks a lot like mine.

Marston as your dad, right?

btw, I'm on a 360. Just did a few missions with buds

I don't know if it helps that I'm within 10 miles of the Rockstar SanDiego building. I don't think they have any servers there...

Yeah. Marston as Father. I'm in Los Angeles and as the game is basically set here, I believe I should be able to log on. Lol.

Top Bottom