• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

NeoGiff

Finally got in on PS3. Just myself and Lamar in the race, and apparently I set a world record. Reppin' for GAF Street!

Going smoothly so far post-race...

Twinduct

So much truth :( So much sadness. When my character gets near the window of the car I start to believe that the game is going to play on through but no.

Everytime the music starts with the car showing up I get this stab of hope!
Then before the character even gets to the car it bombs out. What's driving me up the wall is that it's the EXACT same every time, not earlier or later, Always at the same spot. I honestly assumed that there might be a port that's being blocked or something

Pennybags

Wow, from looking at the thread and hearing from my friends, I really got out lucky yesterday.

I kept running into issues with joining/inviting people but at least I was able to play the entire day.

People are already losing their hard earned stuff, and even hair. Nothing is safe. Also people lost their preorder money bonus.

Beta testing is a risky business.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas. Rockstar snatched my wig off my girl. And she look like a thug ass dude. She's bald headed, wearing headphones with baggy jeans and a baggy shirt like wtf!?

terrible

Banned
Supposedly the later stuff like heists will pay out a lot more.

I really hope that's true. I'm basically struggling just to keep my ammo and armor in check on top of my medical bills. I could play certain missions over and over and make some decent money but that's not very fun.

AWWWWWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS! THE PS3 VERSION IS APPARENTLY FIXED!

I haven't tried yet but a lot of my friends just now got in for the PS3 version. GO! GO! GO!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well shit, this is what women must feel like in a clothes shop, so many clothes for my lady to buy and I don't know what to wear!

There seems to be a ridiculous amount of choice, much much more than SP, I wonder why they locked off so many, even the glasses have more categories.

E92 M3

Well shit, this is what women must feel like in a clothes shop, so many clothes for my lady to buy and I don't know what to wear!

There seems to be a ridiculous amount of choice, much much more than SP, I wonder why they locked off so many, even the glasses have more categories.

Call me crazy, but it also felt like the radio had more music choice lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I set the world record on that first race... lol... that shit must be wrong. I crashed like 4 times.

anddo0

Just leave it for a bit it'll load eventually atleast that's what happened with me.

After the race and initial mission. The loading times are long.
All I hear is a dude breathing over his mic.

edit: sitting here staring at the clouds.

Finally got to the race on PS3, but my character looks like an emaciated anteater. I figure "Lemme just see if i can complete the race." Well, great news everyone, i completed the race. But then while looking through some of the menu options, my character disappears, the entire map dissolves in front of me, the time of day cycles like 4 times, I get transported to 4 different spots that load like bad Unreal Engine texture streaming, then the pre-race cutscene with Lamar starts again, except this time I'm with other players. It's Groundhog Day again.

Yeah....no, I'll try later from scratch.

Tc91

What the hell. I just started warping all over the map went underground and everything.

Then some random blonde haired dude is stood next to me.

NeoGiff

Managed to finish all of the tutorial stuff and deposited my well-earned cash in an ATM. I was on my own in my map, so I chose to join a mission...I've been staring at the clouds for quite some time now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Finally got to the race on PS3, but my character looks like an emaciated anteater. I figure "Lemme just see if i can complete the race." Well, great news everyone, i completed the race. But then while looking through some of the menu options, my character disappears, the entire map dissolves in front of me, the time of day cycles like 4 times, I get transported to 4 different spots that load like bad Unreal Engine texture streaming, then the pre-race cutscene with Lamar starts again, except this time I'm with other players. It's Groundhog Day again.

Yeah....no, I'll try again later from scratch.

What the hell. I just started warping all over the map went underground and everything.

Then some random blonde haired dude is stood next to me.

These two posts in succession are quite amusing...

anddo0

There are definitely some issues. I had to restart the game after finishing the first mission.

What does R* have against pants/jeans?
I'm shopping and there are like no jeans.

ViviOggi

Finally got into some menu at the first race but now it's stuck on "Launching session". Anything I can do besides restarting the game?

player is active on a job, do you want to spectate? I said Ok... and now im stuck with two guys right by my side (update.3. update again, 4) and I don't really know if i'm just supposed to wait.

w2000

Seems to be working for me on ps3, but I am getting some static on the sound now which is weird.

Edit: looks like I am stuck on launching session with no other players listed. Going to try again lol.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
360 version is just not working. Going to leave it a few days I think.

MSFT is losing even more goodwill by the day.

Someone earlier said this about Sony so we have to even things out

I'm going to try this later and hope it works but I have some business to take care of first.

ViviOggi

So fucking tired of getting booted into SP and stuck inside of infinite loading/launching loops. Has anyone at R* tested these menus at all?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
PS3 not working at all for me. It starts the race and I get into the car...then it replays that again...then a loading screen that never ends.

SeanR1221

Played the xbox version for about 2 hours last night after some initial connection issues.

I'm not sure I "get" it.

My friend joined me but how do I easily get to him? Do we have to join the rock star group and make a clan?

I started a star mission which was just team death match. Why is it a star on the map and not the symbol for team death match? Then afterwards there were votes for the next game type. Are these jobs? Or are these just playing game types.

Top Bottom