• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
I don't think you lose that much from the kill if you don't have lots of cash on you. But the hospital straight jacks you.

On the flip side, it gives reason to go on the aggressive and try to kill everyone. Everytime I was nice on the open world I got shot in the face. Free roam is deathmatch mode no doubt. You HAVE to kill first, it's just not worth it to take chances

Problem is that if you get a pair or tiny crew goin against you, your toast. Almost no chance in winning. So you kind of want to befriend someone...but who?? Lol

Where this gets fun is when you want to rob stores. Passive mode can't be on, and you have to escape the cops and whatever else is waiting for you. Too bad the fun takes a little dive when you look at the hospital bills. Life satire? Obamacare patch incoming?

Recently I get a full 4 star rating when I rob any store. Making it more or less impossible to escape alive.

Ploid 3.0

I don't think you lose that much from the kill if you don't have lots of cash on you. But the hospital straight jacks you.

On the flip side, it gives reason to go on the aggressive and try to kill everyone. Everytime I was nice on the open world I got shot in the face. Free roam is deathmatch mode no doubt. You HAVE to kill first, it's just not worth it to take chances

Problem is that if you get a pair or tiny crew goin against you, your toast. Almost no chance in winning. So you kind of want to befriend someone...but who?? Lol

Where this gets fun is when you want to rob stores. Passive mode can't be on, and you have to escape the cops and whatever else is waiting for you. Too bad the fun takes a little dive when you look at the hospital bills. Life satire? Obamacare patch incoming?

Red Dead Redemption spawn camping posse flashbacks, horrible horrible flashbacks. Good thing theres non lethal mode.

Paying hospital fees in multiplayer is ridiculous considering how easy it is to die from everything in this game.

I don't understand Rockstar sometimes.

Twinduct

ulSlxK4.jpg

Think it sums it up nicely!
Source reddit

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Paying hospital fees in multiplayer is ridiculous considering how easy it is to die from everything in this game.

Being able to instantly log out after killing another player is stupid. You should have wait time. Or at least the money is returned if someone pulls the plug to get away.

mack999

Banned
That sounds great, it's a shame only one random joined my friends and it's missions. There's no mission matchmaking either right? You're stuck with your server's people?

I never tried starting a mission from the map icons but when I used the phone to find a mission I'm sure it puts you into a random lobby because sometimes there were only a handful of people on my server but the mission lobby it gave me using the phone had 10 or more people in it.

Going to check this out again later.

Ploid 3.0

I don't think Rockstar understands online too well. They are trying to make a tiny mmo out of their game and want money to be important and they want to sell it. For them it makes perfect sense. Create a demand.

At the least it should cost a very small amount at the start and gradually increase every 10 levels or maybe 5.

Future

Red Dead Redemption spawn camping posse flashbacks, horrible horrible flashbacks. Good thing theres non lethal mode.

Could be a bug but I got capped in the car with passive mode on. The fine print says its only non lethal on foot. I didnt bother testing this further, but I definitely got killed with it on

Thinking of things more, I wonder if it would be any better if they limited visibility in free roam. Everyone can see each others white dot, on the map, and people just hunt you down. Especially if you aren't moving. If you have a group of 3 roamin around doing this you can't fight back at all

If white dot didnt appear unless you were close, then at least you wouldn't have people hunting each other as easily in free roam. They'd have to follow cops or see robbery alerts or something to find you instead of cappin you right as you spawn without a car

gossi

Could be a bug but I got capped in the car with passive mode on. The fine print says its only non lethal on foot. I didnt bother testing this further, but I definitely got killed with it on

Yeah, if you're in passive mode you can be killed while in a car. Saw that earlier. Solution: get out.

erawsd

Being able to instantly log out after killing another player is stupid. You should have wait time. Or at least the money is returned if someone pulls the plug to get away.

Yeah. I'm surprised such an obvious exploit wasn't anticipated. They should have made it MMO style where you instantly log out only if you are in your house. While out in the world there is a 30second disconnect timer, even if you get DC'd.

Some people would get boned on DC, but thats a tough luck situation and far better than letting people abuse logouts/fake dcs as a strategy.

HiiiLife

Ugh. The Red Dead camping returns. I completely forgot about it until every single member of the opposite team sat on rooftops.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Yeah. I'm surprised such an obvious exploit wasn't anticipated. They should have made it MMO style where you instantly log out only if you are in your house. While out in the world there is a 30second disconnect timer, even if you get DC'd.

Some people would get boned on DC, but thats a tough luck situation and far better than letting people abuse logouts/fake dcs as a strategy.

It's happened 100% of the time. The only reason I've been killed by another player is because they start shooting right after a match. Then run off and log out. 90% of the time I easily out gun them.

Then after they take your money the hospital takes another chunk leaving you with less then you started before the mission.

Future

Another potential exploit is simply using your phone to random join any job after griefing. I don't know what the other player sees, but I've done this to insta teleport out of chaos in free roam

Ugh. The Red Dead camping returns. I completely forgot about it until every single member of the opposite team sat on rooftops.

These online modes always sound so good in previews, but then they release and I remember that people are dicks and ruin everything.

Maybe the GAF crews will solve the issue this time.

I'd need to be able to play to test that, but yeaaaaahhhhh

gossi

The decision to not include driving in passive is a design, not a bug - I'm guessing for balance. If you want to play without any risk, put GTA Online to invite only mode.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Not fun at all to do a mission get killed as you spawn in the world. Have your money stolen and have the little shit run off and log out the have the hospital take even more money.

Ploid 3.0

These online modes always sound so good in previews, but then they release and I remember that people are dicks and ruin everything.

Maybe the GAF crews will solve the issue this time.

I'd need to be able to play to test that, but yeaaaaahhhhh

Going by the FFXIV gaf guild, gaf lurkers and members can also be griefers. The type that will kill you for 100 bucks to activate their own passive mode. There are 300 members in a crew and the crews are filling up easily. A lot of unknown people that sit and read from the shadows, unable to get banned from gaf due to playing a game. Ban from a crew is nothing for them.

lost apartment, car, progress. But gladly level did not wipe.

I had that happen, so fucking lame. Lost like 9k and 3/4s of the bar from 6>7 and my garage.

Anyone else bald now? I put on a pig mask to rob shops and then when i took it off i lost my hair! it came back once I died for one life, then gone agin.

terrible

Banned
So have been playing for awhile. Looked at the prices of some apartments and stuff. 80000 and up. Take a look at my money: about 10 gs in the bank....with 12 gs already spent in hospital bills

HOLY SHIT. Was fuckin around having fun. Guess I was doing it wrong. Passive mode ftw

The fact that it doesn't look like you can do any serious purchasing whatsoever off the money you get just playing around having fun really bothers me. That will kill the game for me. I absolutely hate grinding.

I've played it a ton. I've done lots of missions, races, games of golf, tennis, robbed lots of stores, etc. I have made enough money to buy some clothes, a $34,000 car garage, and pay for my medical bills. I have Around $10,000 left. I look at some of the nicer cars and see they are $500,000 or more. Nope.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
The fact that it doesn't look like you can do any serious purchasing whatsoever off the money you get just playing around having fun really bothers me. That will kill the game for me. I absolutely hate grinding.

I've played it a ton. I've done lots of missions, races, games of golf, tennis, robbed lots of stores, etc. I have made enough money to buy some clothes, a $34,000 car garage, and pay for my medical bills. I have Around $10,000 left. I look at some of the nicer cars and see they are $500,000 or more. Nope.
Supposedly the later stuff like heists will pay out a lot more.

E92 M3

I played a little last night with my friend; we had the hardest time figuring out how to do jobs together without constantly sending invites and what not. Can anyone tell if I'm missing something?

Top Bottom