• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

kiyomi

Well, I managed the first race. Immediately after finishing it, my screen has gone fuzzy and nothing's happening.

PROGRESS

anddo0

Still stuck at loading in Cypress Flats LTS. Don't know if i should restart Playstation or just wait here?

wait it out.
Mine took almost 10 mins. It's better than leaving and causing further issues.

Now, if you're stuck looking down at the city/clouds.. That's when it's time to restart the game.

Tc91

Anyone know how to mute people? I've had a young guy sing Only girl in the world down his mic and now someone is blowing down it to make the cashier give him the money faster.

Kind of annoying.

0_0.jpg

My character has totally a Johnny Depp vibe.

Surge

Oh good...now I'm getting the car loop.

Before it would just show the loading screen.

So that's uhh...progress I guess.

duckroll

Finally managed to get into GTA Online. Looks like something got fixed, cause some friends managed to get in too. There are still some issues with inviting and joining Jobs though, so Rockstar's troubles are far from over. Lol. Pretty fun when it works, even though sometimes the online mode does look more like GTA4 than GTA5. Lol.

9gwU3cb.jpg

NeoGiff

This is a really dumb question, but how do you enable Passive Mode? Is it locked to a certain rank? I'm at rank 5 at the moment.

anddo0

Anyone know how to mute people? I've had a young guy sing Only girl in the world down his mic and now someone is blowing down it to make the cashier give him the money faster.

Kind of annoying.

that's why its good to have two headsets.

I have this guy just breathing into the mic. I took off my Pluse headset and pulled out my OG PS3 bluetooth.

Alpende

You're a little confused which is not hard considering they explain fucking zip.

"Jobs" are the name for basic gameplay modes, Deathmatch, Race etc. This also includes "Missions" which are effectively deathmatch with lite objective flavouring applied,

The Co-Op content I think you are after is given by Mission givers, Simeon, Lamar, Gerald etc. These appear randomly via text and once you reach a high enough level you can request them. You launch them and have the option to invite friends, crew mates or players in your current "server"

Its got such a awful UI doing much of this is a nightmare. Even when you get past the bug ridden intro it feels very much like a beta.

I had some shallow fun in a private server last night with a group of 4 of us and we managed to do one mission which was recover drugs from a lost + vargo trade. Its incredibly simple stuff shoot 10 AI and then drive back round the corner.

Nothing feels polished, the character creator is a joke. Even when the issues are balanced out it seems like to much focus on PvP.

Thanks for this, makes more sense to me now. This should be in the OP.

MAX PAYMENT

Having played the game a while, I found out that I got to experience some unique shit during my first, glitches, GTA online play.

I got to experience 2 unique types of events that I have yet to see on my legit play through.

1. Gangs. I got the Clean Sweep achievement, for killing 10 gang members (similar to Red Dead), without dying, before I unlocked the tutorial achievement.

2. Cargo drops? I can't remember the name, but a message would pop up on the screen saying something like, "a gang has the cargo drop." These drops appear as a green square on the map. I tried to go check it out but it was guarded by 40ish NPCs, all packing M4s.

Did anyone else experience this? Did my first character glitch into early access?

Are these things that happened to you in free roam?

Yes, in free roam.

pringles

Managed to finally get past the tutorial race late last night. Have had no issues playing today.

Mostly been chilling on a invite only session with one friend, doing a couple of missions/jobs. Great fun.

Just robbing liqour stores is awesome when you're doing it as a team. Thankfully you get more money from it than in singleplayer too. Levelling up and unlocking stuff is addictive, though some requirements for vehicle mods for example seem to require quite a bit of grinding.

Dang winning races nets a lot of money.

So yeah want to make paper do races last is like 1k and winning can be 4k+ depending on player count. With 2 players if im not mistaken the loser gets a did not finish and no cash so money boosting doesn't really work.

And we had a conspiracy theory that R* lets high bandwidth player in first to abuse them as servers :p

NeoGiff

On PS3 you hold down the select button until the menu pops up.

Hold select until the Interaction Menu pops up. It's one of the options.

Thanks, guys.

Also just found a strange bug. I bought a tracker and insurance for my car as per the tutorial. I then proceeded to attempt to find a store to rob, and parked outside the one shown below. Although having a fully modeled interior, I was unable to enter. I then turned around and attempted to enter my car. I couldn't; it was locked. Looking at the car icon on the map, I noticed that it didn't exactly correspond to where my car was in front of me. Lo and behold, behind my original car was a clone, which had replaced the original. I was able to enter the clone. Pretty strange.

iaSQt0.jpg

EDIT: It seems as though my GAF shirt has been replaced with a generic white one, hmmm. I would change it only I can't bloody get back into GTAO now.

Gaz_RB

Still have yet to see another soul on GTAO. Currently in lobby, hosting deathmatch...anyone out there?

Ps3 or 360?

Having played the game a while, I found out that I got to experience some unique shit during my first, glitches, GTA online play.

I got to experience 2 unique types of events that I have yet to see on my legit play through.

1. Gangs. I got the Clean Sweep achievement, for killing 10 gang members (similar to Red Dead), without dying, before I unlocked the tutorial achievement.

2. Cargo drops? I can't remember the name, but a message would pop up on the screen saying something like, "a gang has the cargo drop." These drops appear as a green square on the map. I tried to go check it out but it was guarded by 40ish NPCs, all packing M4s.

Did anyone else experience this? Did my first character glitch into early access?

Yes, in free roam.

That is seriously awesome, the only green events I've had are those cars that appear on the map that anyone can collect for Simeon. They usually get blown up before they get there, but it's fun...

I want that gang stuff though! Maybe you did get early access to something, because I've played a lot, and haven't seen that happen.

Is leveling skills the same as in single player?

Yes although you dont have a special meter (presumably for balance and eg not being able to slow time) - it may unlock later but I doubt it

I liked that levelling looks like it takes a lot longer since I rapidly maxed my stamina in SP without trying, and it seems to accumulate a lot slower in online

doby

The load times really suck the life out of the game. Everyone in the lobby voted on the next map...and when it finally loads everyone had left, presumably because they thought it wasn't going to happen.

Thanks, guys.

Also just found a strange bug. I bought a tracker and insurance for my car as per the tutorial. I then proceeded to attempt to find a store to rob, and parked outside the one shown below. Although having a fully modeled interior, I was unable to enter. I then turned around and attempted to enter my car. I couldn't; it was locked. Looking at the car icon on the map, I noticed that it didn't exactly correspond to where my car was in front of me. Lo and behold, behind my original car was a clone, which had replaced the original. I was able to enter the clone. Pretty strange.

That happend to me twice. Once with my own car and another time I stole this assholes car who kept coming after me and I got no warning about it being owned or tracked and it was pretty smashed up.
Went to try tennis, came back out and a perfectly new one was sat ontop of the old car haha

Nemic77

Yeah... Keep getting the corrupted character message on PS3 everytime I leave a session and try to join back in.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Twinduct

Jesus talk about dockbutts online. Might stay away from Crew members. Been killed more by the NGAF crew than randoms! Also whats the use of races if you can't use your own car :<

Top Bottom