• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

kmg90

Dat 24 hour Xbox 360 timed exclusive.

The more I realized all the facts around your post the more I chucked

AKA my impression is that 360 was working to some capacity yesterday

and apparently GTA online started working around 24 hours later for PS3....

After an evening of none stop error messages I needed it...

Tokubetsu

Pretty bitch crew represent
LzJWInE.jpg

Grimsen

I have to say, I had the most fun last night in missions, the freeroaming with pubs was meh.

Hopefully we'll have a kind soul to create a second 360 crew. :)

DogMeat77

Jesus talk about dockbutts online. Might stay away from Crew members. Been killed more by the NGAF crew than randoms! Also whats the use of races if you can't use your own car :<

lol I had a similar experience. I was trying to get in KarmaPolice's ride and he decided to back up and run me over. The rag doll of my character was pretty great though.

dreamfall

Does anyone know how I can set my preference so I only enter Free Aim lobbies?

Kept switching back and forth last night- Auto Aim deathmatch is never fun!

ZimbAdam

Oh man, I'm so fucking annoyed. The game finally let me play and beat the tutorial section, I did loads of missions, levelled my character up a little bit and then it fuckin didn't save any of it. It says that the character in slot one is corrupted and I have to delete them. This sucks so fuckin much. I think I'm just gonna give up on this game until Rockstar fixes it, there's no point in tryin to get through that shitty tutorial section if it's just gonna fuck up anyway.

Afro

Does anyone know how I can set my preference so I only enter Free Aim lobbies?

Kept switching back and forth last night- Auto Aim deathmatch is never fun!

Didn't know this was possible. I even tried hosting a TD and there were a dozen options to change expect for that.

ViviOggi

This is the most tedious and impractical menu experience I've had to endure in years. Why the fuck is restarting the game the only way to cancel out of anything?

lol I had a similar experience. I was trying to get in KarmaPolice's ride and he decided to back up and run me over. The rag doll of my character was pretty great though.

Karma's a bitch

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
think I'll try once then finish up the campaign.

I played a death match and it was on free aim just now but the first one I did was auto aim I believe because I know I wasn't just capping dudes that accurately off of my own aiming.

I was "waiting for players" for about 10 minutes while attempting to do the first race.

I haven't checked my save since I turned it off.

Eidan

Is there a guide for making a character look like anything other than shit?

This isn't so much a character creator as a character generator.

I've been lucky enough to play for several hours on 360 yesterday and this morning. I originally got the issue where it wouldn't load the 1st race. It wouldn't let me do anything but go to the dashboard. I deleted my character and recreated him and that got me thru the problem yesterday. Been smooth sailing since then besides one time where everyone got booted from my server leaving me alone.

The CTF game type is pretty amazing with a full room. The mission I've played a couple times is called Crooked Cop. Gets hectic fighting off not only the other team but a 3 or 4 star police force too. The LMS stuff is cool too as you can approach matches in different ways with vehicles and stealth. The couple "maps" I've played so far are pretty cool. I've done some land and water racing too and the off-road type races are great with a lot of people. The missions haven't been that interesting so far but it's early on and I'll wait before dismissing them as worthless.

btw if you need to find an ATM to deposit your money after a match most of the convenience stores you can stick up have ATMs inside. Look for the crown icons on the map. You only need to keep a couple thousand on you to enter "jobs". Bank the rest so you don't get killed and robbed by random assholes.

One other thing... You can save your money and don't buy armor at the beginning of deathmatch variants in the menu as there are plenty of pickups all around the maps.

eival

easiest way to exploit the character creation is just fill up Asleep since it increases all attributes, then put 2 hours in everything else and fill up 1 catagory with the remaining hours to get the type of clothes you want, just rock it past the 0.5 that makes the clothes change, keep rocking till you see something you like.

then make sure to boost a Benefactor Feltzer up where Michael lives(tons of ppl drive it) BEFORE going to the drug deal, so you can insure it for free during the tutoral and have one of the best cars in the game, its stats on social club have it just as fast as the really expensive ones
dsj2ZSM.jpg

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Welcome to every online racing game ever. lol

The only "racer" I've really played online was Burnout Paradise, and that was far more cooperative than competitive and just a lot of fun generally which is probably why no one ever left if they were losing. It is a bit annoying though, everyone seemed quite happy to try and bump the crap out of me till I left them all behind, lol.

Derrick01

Banned
The only "racer" I've really played online was Burnout Paradise, and that was far more cooperative than competitive and just a lot of fun generally which is probably why no one ever left if they were losing. It is a bit annoying though, everyone seemed quite happy to try and bump the crap out of me till I left them all behind, lol.

Yeah Paradise worked because most of the challenges were cooperative. It was a joy to play and I was surprised to see just how polite most people were. On certain challenges that required pulling off a fancy jump people were actually taking turns going and waiting for them to hit the ramp before going.

You're not going to get that in a GTA online game. Once they get the servers stabilized it's going to become almost mandatory to play in a private game with only your friends.

So how do I get my shooting skill up? Do LTS' work or is it just ranges? I went into one last night and was really confused as every weapon appeared to be unlocked to try with.

Is the range more of a competition as opposed to a way to level up?

Edit: Really I just want to get better weapons.

besada

Banned
Gah, mine gets to loading session and just sits there forever. I got the opening scene, but have been unable to even do the first race.

duckroll

With all the talk about characters not saving and stuff getting deleted, I honestly wonder what Rockstar will do for the people who actually buy the cash microtransactions only to find their characters gone after that. It's going to be pretty funny (for us, not for them!).

With all the talk about characters not saving and stuff getting deleted, I honestly wonder what Rockstar will do for the people who actually buy the cash microtransactions only to find their characters gone after that. It's going to be pretty funny (for us, not for them!).

They'll just reimburstment ingame or maybe credit them another way. I agree though its gonna be a tough few days ahead of them. All that money they made came in easy but not without a price.

Domino792

So i have beaten the race on two characters now but one the race ends and i get the money and rank up, the game goes to the satilite view and just sits there.

I was in the game for an hour in an invite only lobby. Couldn'tt do any jobs though since they're all two-players and up only. Just joined an online session and free-roam works great but I can't get any jobs to fully load.

Top Bottom