• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Rizsparky

I knew it wasn't going to be up and running fully but this is a joke. My single player is all buggy now, I have an invisible Michael!

Looks like they're still having issues with the cloud or whatever. Can't get in, but at least it looks like my character wasn't deleted. Had that fucker up to level 14. If he'd been gone, or goes, I think I'd be finished.

When I can get in it's epic.

I joined a lobby and 2 guys were screaming because they just robbed a store, and had a 3 star wanted level. So I drive as fast as I can across the map eventually assisting them by ramming all of the police that were chasing them. They got away, and it was super intense.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The xbl dashboard is advertising that GTA ONLINE is up, Why are they telling blatant lies ? What happend to good honest respect, Love and compassion ? What is the world coming to ?

Evil Beaver

Does Snapmatic only keep a few pictures on your Social Club profile? I had a whole bunch of neat pics I took online yesterday and now the only one that shows up is a pic I snapped this morning.

kiyomi

Does Snapmatic only keep a few pictures on your Social Club profile? I had a whole bunch of neat pics I took online yesterday and now the only one that shows up is a pic I snapped this morning.

Might not have uploaded properly. The R* Social Club stuff still isn't 100% yet. But you should be able to keep up to 86 or so, if I remember right.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You can view properties via the property website and purchase them, handy, better than driving around, cheapest garage is 2 car and is 25k on the east of the city, cheapest apartment seems to be 87k with a 2 car garage and is in the city too.

MJLord

You can view properties via the property website and purchase them, handy, better than driving around, cheapest garage is 2 car and is 25k on the east of the city, cheapest apartment seems to be 87k with a 2 car garage and is in the city too.

There's gotta be cheaper than that outside the city surely?

Evil Beaver

If you're busy browsing the internet on your phone depositing your money, you won't be able to see me running up behind you with a knife in your back.

Just saying.

That's what passive mode is for. Speaking of which does the cost of passive mode go up the more and more you use it?

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow who the fuck thought this was a good idead. Cant even get into this online because I have to do that stupud race at beginning and thats not working as well.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
There's gotta be cheaper than that outside the city surely?

Doesn't look like it, the ones north of the city are all garages and around between 26-32k from going down the list. Doesn't look like there is any sort of Hanger either so no keeping planes or helicopters, but I might just not be high enough to see them.

BraXzy

Passive mode seems cheating a bit. I suppose you need to stop people just constantly killing each other for money though I guess.

Evil Beaver

Wow who the fuck thought this was a good idead. Cant even get into this online because I have to do that stupud race at beginning and thats not working as well.

Just keep trying, I tried several times for over an hour and finally the game just dumped me on a 1 v 1 race vs Lamar.

0_0.jpg

NEOGANG REPRESENT!

Tawpgun

Full lobby Deathmatch on Maze is insane! Get ready for shottys and spawn campers.

Yeah, I hope the higher level deathmatches unlock soon where the maps are bigger and you have snipers/AR's.

GTA close quarters is kinda janky and the shotgun is crazy powerful.

^^ Regarding that, is there anyway to get the body armor off of me. I don't even had body armor according to my blue bar, but the actual body armor is still on my character. I gotta rep the GAF logo.

Also, Ya'll should clear up room in NeoGANG. Hard to imagine all 300 players are active.

Lol. Join a Deathmatch with 2 vs. 1, right before the game I join the other team so it's 3 vs 0, game starts and ends = 1.5k and 800 RP. This game is exploitable.

Find a mission that gives huge payout and is super short. After it's done Keep on voting to redo it. Rinse and Repeat. Get CASH. This whole thing is broken though.
IaGkLED.png

Astery

is there anyway to not show up on the mini map as a big obvious dot? Just wanna have some peace here and there since some people love to just go aggro. And stealthing won't have any use against players if it has that dot still showing up all the time.

Gaz_RB

Yeah, I hope the higher level deathmatches unlock soon where the maps are bigger and you have snipers/AR's.

GTA close quarters is kinda janky and the shotgun is crazy powerful.

^^ Regarding that, is there anyway to get the body armor off of me. I don't even had body armor according to my blue bar, but the actual body armor is still on my character. I gotta rep the GAF logo.

Also, Ya'll should clear up room in NeoGANG. Hard to imagine all 300 players are active.

Interaction> inventory

Should be able to hold select/back and the armor is one of the choices under your inventory.

gossi

is there anyway to not show up on the mini map as a big obvious dot? Just wanna have some peace here and there since some people love to just go aggro. And stealthing won't have any use against players if it has that dot still showing up all the time.

When you reach Level 10, phone Lester and tell him to remove you from map.

demisec

I lost my character. Then... something else replaced him. The design looked completely random and ridiculous. I kept my cash, but according to the stat bars, every ability was reset to zero - which is less than what you start out with. Then the game froze on the intro of the second character I created. Great job, Rockstar.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
your cash doesnt go away, all your characters have the same bank account, but your rank and unlocks are tied to the character.

thats their out, i guarantee they thought that part thru when designing it.

they can care less about any other aspect along as legally they're covered, too busy making back door deals with Apple for exclusive app access when its only 20% of the mobile market

just make sure to update the support page "oh yeah were totally working on these servers, see we edited it to say a more recent time for "updates", so that means were actually paying for more servers!"

and dont complain cause remember, this was FREE (count the number of times that word is shown on the rockstar website) i mean who assumes a 2013 title would have mutliplayer, let alone a current gen Rockstar game, its not like any of the others had MP, you got your $60's worth with the singleplayer and should be grateful to have an unusable Online mode added 2 weeks later, your microtransactions are stored locally so feel free to keep buying more cash since you'll have to start over and over from rank 1 and want to hurry up that process and "pay to win" as your progress is deleted frequently

This mentality really brings sadness to my heart.
Can you name a SINGLE game that has had a smooth start for MP, even with millions of players attempting to connect at launch?
Look at COD, for example. It's a Multiplayer title. That's what sells copies: the multiplayer. Yet every single launch, their shit crashes and can't connect for days.

We're going into day two of a game that sold over a billion dollars worth of copies in 3 days. The servers are overloaded right now.

Give them some damn time.

meh froze at the aerial view after the first race... i will give it a few more days i guess
I froze there after the second mission, I mean damn if I can't play my character and do missions at least let me auto free roam and past the first mission.

No one should ever release their online after the story, it's just asinine. Everyone beats the story and waits 2 weeks to get on and then overload the servers.

Top Bottom