• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

You can still work with other people in free roam (ha, as if), and there are still missions and jobs that can be done with other players.
Yeah I know I did a couple...they were really fun. The problem is afterwards it throws you into competition...unless i'm missing something. I have to wait another 27 hours before I get another REAL chance to sit down and play for multiple hours. I hope my friends get online by then! Otherwise i'll have to go back thru this thread and look up GTs and attempt to make friends that way, I'M SO AWKWARD!!!

Pushing those transgender boundaries in gaming...

0_0.jpg

Nice job on the face, though. Remember or know the specifics? Would love to copy.

Gaz_RB

Had a bounty on me so I ran to the top of Mount Chilliad. Everybody kept coming at me for like 20 minutes, and I kept fending them off until a group decided to get a helicopter. I grabbed the parachute at the top and base jumped away, but then died when I landed. All for a 5000 dollar bounty...

Ok after reading/hearing about much hype, I decided to join in. I created a character, did the intro race mission with Lamar and get my first real mission after it's done. I'm excited and all to join the huge dynamic world! And there's already a player who is standing next to me! So we both go into the car and I start driving to the destination. My buddy decides to randomly shoot people from his window. Then the maps disappear, day/night cycle goes crazy and I'm glitched in a grey world of polygons. Yay.

I disconnect, join a new session. Finish the mission, get some new clothes, and some asshole comes and shoots me while I'm sitting in the parking lot. There is also weird voice chat going on between people. Is this how the rest of the game going to be?

malfcn

Passive is $100-200 which is really not much at all. But if you bank some dough (which I did) and don't know that it has to be liquid you are screwed. My case was worse by the fact that I had zero cash on me and had a group of automatic weapon players mowing me down.

Khezu

Autoaim likely still works, yes, from what it sounds like from other posters. It's based on what you set it as in the SP, just like RDR started out with.

If I have auto aim off will I get matched up with people who do use it?

I never played RDR online.

Well the thing is knackard but I'm honestly not bothered, I can wait, this game is awesome and I can wait a week or so

Rockstar haven't screwed us with addons or fees so I'm happy :)

elfinke

PS3, Australia here.

GTAV has been busted all morning. First attempt at installing the 1.01 patch hardlocked the PS3, had to pull the power plug.

BAWSAQ is inoperable.

Haven't been able to do anything in GTA:O, except create a character and even that managed to freeze GTA into a black screen stupor more than once.

Bit of a bummer - I was looking forward to sneaking in an hour or two before work this morning.

malfcn

Passive is $100-200 which is really not much at all. But if you bank some dough (which I did) and don't know that it has to be liquid you are screwed. My case was worse by the fact that I had zero cash on me and had a group of automatic weapon players mowing me down.

I was in GAFstreet and now I am not?

PS3, Australia here.

GTAV has been busted all morning. First attempt at installing the 1.01 patch hardlocked the PS3, had to pull the power plug.

BAWSAQ is inoperable.

Haven't been able to do anything in GTA:O, except create a character and even that managed to freeze GTA into a black screen stupor more than once.

Bit of a bummer - I was looking forward to sneaking in an hour or two before work this morning.

I got past the tutorial by creating a private session which then put me in with other players after...

Not sure if that would work for you

Venfayth

Can you rob a store more than once? I notice a green check go up on one after I rob it. After I rob all of them am I done with that forever?

Fuck this, online should be free aim only, fucking auto aim is shit and ruined RDR's online, plus if someone kills me and I start a deatmatch thing with them they just hide with a shotgun and kill me with one shot from fifty fucking feet, fuck auto aim.

My 2nd character (lower level) showed back up on PS3 just now.

How do you find bounties?

Just go to free roam and if someone has a red circle as their icon, that means they have a bounty on their head. You have to be level 10 to set a bounty but you should be able to collect one at any level.

MIlky1985

Banned
First of all spent 20 minutes in the utterly silly character creator trying to figure out how to make my guy look how i want him, finally got someone i was happy with and hit ok. Then it told me the servers were down and it won't save ... so lost that guy and that 20 minutes.

Then tried again later, got my character done, did the first race and first mission, go to free roam. Switched to single player to try to set the game to friends only but it bugged out and wouldn't let me switch characters so quit game, character missing and unavailable when i logged back in :/

(UK , PS3 here)

This has to be my favorite error so far however, due to its contradictory nature :p

BVm6V1ICEAEHPmC.png

That would be good and all, if Joysticks were a good thing to use for aiming.
If everybody has to use them, they're just fine.

I never liked the driving model in GTA4 but it worked for our own free roam shenanigans because we *all* sucked at driving in the game so we all had to deal with it. Made things interesting at the very least ;p

Are you sure? Granted I only managed to get in to one deathmatch earlier but it seemed to me like they were all on free aim same as me. Rockstar seriously fucked up if it's possible to play against people with different aim styles. There's absolutely no justifying that.

I can't be sure, but yesterday I had free aim selected going into death matches and everyone else seemed to just have an easier time lining me up for a shot than I did them; I couldn't even go positive. Tried hosting a match and I didn't notice an option to switch the default aiming for everyone to use that match either, so I just assumed people weren't being filtered by aiming styles. So I switched to assisted aiming and Started pulling 2.0+ k/d's with ease

Anyone have a list of all the buyable properties and maybe pictures of them? Could have sworn they were on my map before, now they're nowhere to be found.

It really doesn't make sense that you can't switch your aim style on the fly in free roam. Here I was screwing around with people using my sticks like a chump. The Online seems like it can become something really special once R* gets its shit together.

Also, what does putting your $ in the bank do for you exactly? I still lose some when I get killed. I guess it decreases loss and prevents other players from taking it?

KAP151

Logged in this morning to find there are NO blue markers on the map, so basically no races/deathmatch/missions etc at all.

Its more broken than yesterday =(

Hulud

Wait, so if I set my auto aim to OFF, it will only match me to other OFF users in Deathmatch, etc?

But free-roam is not affected? I'm kind of okay with this if that's actually how it works.

Means that dude that just blained me from across the map with a pistol in a 1v1 has god tier aim tho.

Also, the aiming is smoother for me online than it is in SP. Way less input lag. Anyone else notice this?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anyone have a list of all the buyable properties and maybe pictures of them? Could have sworn they were on my map before, now they're nowhere to be found.

They seem to pop in based on location.

I'm looking for the cheapest garage so I can own more than one vehicle.

This is a joke really. Popped the game in a few hours ago to see if things were working, there was my guy from yesterday, he'd returned after disappearing previously. Got into the race, went well. Did the drug deal, went well. Free roamed a bit, went well.
I went out for a few hours, came back and my character and his couple thousand $ is gone, annoying. So I make another character - now I can't get into the race, just constantly looping with players popping in and out, I also notice my character is carrying my old characters cash (not in bank, where I put it). So I quit out, come back and my SECOND character is gone, and now I can't even join and just lost character number 3.
This has been one absolute shitshow of a launch, would definitely have expected better from Rockstar.

Edit: and now it's just crashed my PS3.

Mileena

Banned
That would be good and all, if Joysticks were a good thing to use for aiming.

So the alternative is having the game aim for you? Are we all so braindead retarded that we can't aim for ourselves in online games now?

I hate this new generation of gamers. So much.

LtOrange

Had a bounty on me so I ran to the top of Mount Chilliad. Everybody kept coming at me for like 20 minutes, and I kept fending them off until a group decided to get a helicopter. I grabbed the parachute at the top and base jumped away, but then died when I landed. All for a 5000 dollar bounty...

That sounds so awesome! Those are the type of experiences I am looking forward to most.

Ploid 3.0

Oh no, oh no nonono

My characters were deleted. Made a new guy and they shared bank funds. Started the first race got hung up at searching for players. $17k down the drain. Maaan. Time to stop playing this, big waste of time.

PS3

Score F

Wait, so if I set my auto aim to OFF, it will only match me to other OFF users in Deathmatch, etc?

But free-roam is not affected? I'm kind of okay with this if that's actually how it works.

Means that dude that just blained me from across the map with a pistol in a 1v1 has god tier aim tho.

Also, the aiming is smoother for me online than it is in SP. Way less input lag. Anyone else notice this?

It will all change once things are working and stable, rock stars priority is to get it working and they are listening and creating plans to flaws etc on there forum

Dead

well not really...yet
Still unable to get into the intro race on 360.

Feels like I'll never be able to play the game online...

So I created another character (see previous posts) and after quitting online and when coming back in (my character is still available), I no longer have a 'personal car'. There is no Car Impound and nor can I ring the Insurance Company as there is no number in my Contacts. I even searched on the game internet to see if I could get a contact number lol but no joy!

I wouldn't be surprised though if I turn off my ps3 and/or quit the full game, then this new character won't be able to be loaded (as what happened with my previous character).

Hence, no saving of game what so ever......

Oh and while I'm at it, What.The.Fuck is this about having Free Aim players vs Auto Lock On players. One shot from 30 yards + away and I'm dead as fuck - although I'd unloaded 3 @ almost head shots but no kill. We should be allowed to separate the different aiming methods and not in 6 months like in RDR iirc.

Hip Hop

So the alternative is having the game aim for you? Are we all so braindead retarded that we can't aim for ourselves in online games now?

I hate this new generation of gamers. So much.

"New Generation" : I've been playing games most of my life.

Are you being serious? Do you not see how shitty the aiming is for this game? If it was something smooth, or better yet, a better shooter, I'd be fine with it. Yeah, lets make the aiming difficult, waste all the ammo that costs money, just to get a kill, and do it all over again when he respawns right around the corner.

TheMan

welcome to the digital future, my fellow console plebes- when you live in the cloud, sometimes there are storms.

Still can't even race and get through the tutorial. Weird thing is I got through earlier without doing the race. It just dropped me in vine wood.

Has rockstar stated that they would actually filter people by their aim type? I would like to see some sort of official statement, because I really think they didn't set matchmaking to do that, even for deathmatch. They might do it later, but I'm assuming they're placing more of a priority on just trying to get people into matches right now.

malfcn

Pistol shots to the head lose to autos to the foot. And I spawn under the dude that camped me and stole my car. Sweetness.

Fuck this, online should be free aim only, fucking auto aim is shit and ruined RDR's online, plus if someone kills me and I start a deatmatch thing with them they just hide with a shotgun and kill me with one shot from fifty fucking feet, fuck auto aim.

Totally agree. Makes no sense what so ever.

PS3, Australia here.

BAWSAQ is inoperable.

I'm on patch 1.0

Top Bottom