• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

majik13

Fuck this, online should be free aim only, fucking auto aim is shit and ruined RDR's online, plus if someone kills me and I start a deatmatch thing with them they just hide with a shotgun and kill me with one shot from fifty fucking feet, fuck auto aim.

I haven't been able to get on GTAO yet, but yeah should be mandatory free aim. Or at least be able to choose free aim servers or something.

akaoni

Banned
Got the loop of death while trying to start LTS again. Probably going to be corrupted if I leave. EDIT: It stopped when connection to the host finally failed.

If your free roam is empty press start and select "Join another session" or something and you should start seeing players again.

And as someone said the the aim assist ruins free roam, headshots at ridiculous ranges. I need to switch it on just to be able to defend myself from someone rolling by. It's a straight up aimbot, no discussion needed, just awful.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Pistol shots to the head lose to autos to the foot. And I spawn under the dude that camped me and stole my car. Sweetness.

At some point you'll unlock a car feature that literally self destructs when someone (not friends or crew mates) steals your car.

Hilarious.

Bsigg12

I haven't been able to get on GTAO yet, but yeah should be mandatory free aim. Or at least be able to choose free aim servers or something.

Set your single player preference to Free aim. It carries over to multiplayer and sets you in a different server.

Why is joining a crew so difficult in the game?

Because the system is still being fixed. Give it a week or so and most of these initial issues should be gone. That said, I didn't have any issue last night joining a couple crew members, it just could be the system under heavy load at primetime in the US.

Because the system is still being fixed. Give it a week or so and most of these initial issues should be gone. That said, I didn't have any issue last night joining a couple crew members, it just could be the system under heavy load at primetime in the US.
How did you do it? Where's an option to join a crew in the menu?

So i timed out and lost my car. I did the insurance thing and painted it. Contact was added to my cell. I get back in game and I have no car or contact number, also can't save any other car. It was a Gauntlet!

pringles

Unable to start most "jobs" today, but had a BLAST in free roam. Met random dude/chick who tagged along with me on convenience store robberies and it ended in a 10-15 minute car chase through town, finally leading to the airport and a getaway in a small propeller plane. After styling above town to the envious looks of the ground-based players I flew too close to a skyscraper and killed us both. Good times.

Also tried stealing a fighter jet from the military base. First attempt was jumping over the fence with a truck and flooring it to the airstrip, I managed to lift off and narrowly dodged 2 missiles but got hit by the third. 2nd attempt was parachute insertion from a helicopter. Both me and my buddy jumped in and got into fighter jets but got destroyed on the ground as the base was still on DEFCON MAX from our previous attempt.

Losing money when you die during game modes is fucking bullshit. Losing $1500 out of $17,000 after dying twice during a difficult mission is not fun. Guess they need to make those rockstar dollars more enticing, greedy cunts.

I find it easier to do most jobs by myself, rather than be stuck with an idiot who just keeps shooting me.

have not run into this during coop missions, but I noticed some dude followed me for like 10 minutes from lossantos to top of the map just to shoot me. I really don't understand some people.

DukeBobby

Is there any reason not to deposit your money as soon as you get it?

I can still buy things when the money is in the bank, although I had to withdraw some to pay for my lapdance.

KAP151

Can you ever rob a store again after you do it once?

Yep. Once you (or someone else) robs it, it closes temporarily. Just enough time for the poor attendant to restock the register =)

I have noticed that if you do multiple stores in a row, you get automatic 3 stars when exiting the store, which of course means dealing with that terminator-like police helicopter.....

So the alternative is having the game aim for you? Are we all so braindead retarded that we can't aim for ourselves in online games now?

I hate this new generation of gamers. So much.

I'm not a fan of auto aim in multiplayer but to be fair the shooting mechanics in most R* games are god awful. I mean we're talking Uncharted 3 at launch type of awful.

dubq

Do all characters start with bruises and scratches on their face or is it just because I picked Marston as the father?

The fuck? I just robbed a store and got a 4 star rating! I thought it was 2 or 3 stars? Did I rob too many in a row?

Also, if you're tired of getting your car/bike out of the impound, make sure it isn't the last vehicle you used when the cops killed you and it'll be where you left it...assuming a player didn't jack it.

KAP151

Wow you can deposit money through your phone. Awesome, fuck the atm gauntlet.

I leant that the hard way within the first hour. Fucker sniped me from the rooftop. I had over $5K lost. Then I saw the 'you can bank online' tip show up. Never going near a ATM again.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The fuck? I just robbed a store and got a 4 star rating! I thought it was 2 or 3 stars? Did I rob too many in a row?

Probably.

Tried joining another session, just got thrown back by myself. Can't start any mission or anything, just currently driving around robbing stores. Went to the airport but there's no plane there to fly, even.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

Things that come to mind:
1. Robbed too many stores in succession
2. The specific store you robbed had been robbed 2+times more since you had joined the game
3. Did you kill the clerk? Maybe after so many clerk kills the wanted rating goes up

For my last store, I actually rolled up right after someone else robbed it. Had to wait about 12 in game hours before being able to rob it again.
The cashier exclaimed "HOW MANY TIMES IN ONE MONTH?!?!"

I always just back away with my shotgun aimed at the face until I'm through the doors. Feels more cinematic that way, too.

I'm not a fan of auto aim in multiplayer but to be fair the shooting mechanics in most R* games are god awful. I mean we're talking Uncharted 3 at launch type of awful.
Auto-aim basically devolves things into whack-a-mole. Even with all the controllability issues I'd take aiming over that.

I'm actually surprised that movement is once again shitty. They made strides with Red Dead and Max Payne didn't they? What happened to what they learned there? Things can just become so damn awkward.

Anyway, see if I can get in. 89713rd time's the charm.

Hip Hop

There is an "Off the Radar" option when you get the Lester mission unlocked.

I think it means you won't be marked on the multiplayer map for other players to see. There is an option next to it that is used for revealing players as well. These options are unlocked at level 40

You can also set bounty on players. That is unlocked right away.

All of this costs money to do.

Ok, so I finally started GTAOnline.

Went through the really weird character creation. Waited for the thing to start.

Took to long so I went out of the romm. Came back Lamar is drving my character around.

I get out of the car to a blue ring to start a race.

The game keeps saying "waiting for other players" and........it never stops.

So I gave up and am back on SP.

Is it supposed to take so long?

Also, is there any PS3 Crew with open slots available? Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Worked great for me tonight surprisingly after being terrible during the day. Really enjoyable when it works!

Also quite funny that on the radio in game, there is ads slamming the cloud...

eival

finally got to a point of getting a legit PVE mission, but it wasnt till level 6. but now i also got all the tennis and stuff unlocked, so maybe that'll let me rank up more rather than robbing stores, which ive done all 20

also the B.S. where you can only boost 2 cars and then the LS customs says "were not taking any more" is crap, so is every sports-tier car not being savable and pops up telling you to buy it instead...they really thought of every avenue to make sure their DLC Money Packs seem more feasible.

Top Bottom