• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Auto-aim basically devolves things into whack-a-mole. Even with all the controllability issues I'd take aiming over that.

So is it confirmed that all of the TDMs and stuff are auto-aim? I know some people were saying that it's auto aim when shooting NPCs but it's free aim when shooting other players. Still not sure what's actually true...mostly because nobody can actually get online.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So is it confirmed that all of the TDMs and stuff are auto-aim? I know some people were saying that it's auto aim when shooting NPCs but it's free aim when shooting other players. Still not sure what's actually true...mostly because nobody can actually get online.

I think the "host" of the match can actually choose the aim controls.

Gurrry

Still cant connect today.

This whole thing is a hot mess. Its pretty shitty that they hyped this up so much for such an epic failure...

Desaan

I'm amazed of many reports of people even playing, haven't even been able to get past the character creation screen; for three days.

Very clever of them to launch the modes separately, so the review scores didn't get hammered but one has to wonder why they even bothered with it at all judging my the state of it.

It seems to be whatever you selected for single player mode.

also the B.S. where you can only boost 2 cars and then the LS customs says "were not taking any more" is crap, so is every sports-tier car not being savable...they really thought of every avenue to make sure their DLC Money Packs seem more feasible.

I like it (not the DLC money). It gives a sense of progress, keeps everyone from just driving Adders all the time. It's not like you can't jack those rides and use them if need be.

I think if you have freeaim YOU will have free aim...if other jokers use autoaim they get auto aim...can anyone confirm?

skynidas

Banned
Its only been out a day and a half.

tyROdzN.gif

manhack

Its only been out a day and a half.

pwned.

seriously though. Haven't made it past the character creation screen since yesterday. Also, it has deleted the last 4 characters I've created.

p.s. I only tried to log on on 4 times, I do have a job, life, etc.

Nowise10

Still cant connect today.

This whole thing is a hot mess. Its pretty shitty that they hyped this up so much for such an epic failure...

I know right, i can't believe they hyped up the 2nd half of the game, because it was gonna have issues for the first few days. Why did they even make it?

I'm amazed of many reports of people even playing, haven't even been able to get past the character creation screen; for three days.

Very clever of them to launch the modes separately, so the review scores didn't get hammered but one has to wonder why they even bothered with it at all judging my the state of it.

Or perhaps that's why they delayed it. The single player of GTA V deserved the high scores, online is a different beast technically.

Would you really take much stock in a review that gives a definitive opinion (from the publications perspective) on an online mode that's being affected by overwhelming demand, rather than the actual...content?

Darko

finally got to a point of getting a legit PVE mission, but it wasnt till level 6. but now i also got all the tennis and stuff unlocked, so maybe that'll let me rank up more rather than robbing stores, which ive done all 20

also the B.S. where you can only boost 2 cars and then the LS customs says "were not taking any more" is crap, so is every sports-tier car not being savable and pops up telling you to buy it instead...they really thought of every avenue to make sure their DLC Money Packs seem more feasible.

you still need to be a certain level to unlock those cars..

GQman2121

Banned
How do you avoid the auto aim servers? Is there anyway to be certain that you're playing with people who are only using free aim?

pwned.

seriously though. Haven't made it past the character creation screen since yesterday. Also, it has deleted the last 4 characters I've created.

p.s. I only tried to log on on 4 times, I do have a job, life, etc.

Yeah totally pwned. This game has just been completely unusuable for only 36 hours.

That's like par for the course.

vehn

I really doubt the sole reason for delayng it was for the review scores

Desaan

I really doubt the sole reason for delayng it was for the review scores

Well whatever the reason was, it didn't really help. Or give them time to fix it. It's not like they just made 1.3 billion dollars to throw at servers or anything ;)

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone on PS3 able to play at all? I can get in, but as soon as my character hits the obligatory first race, either it fails outright or freezes at the blurry screen.

ViciousDS

Banned
gosh....i think even the worst commericial mmorpg launch had better service than this....at least I was able to login to those servers and do SOMETHING! also my characters didn't magically disappear or get deleted either.....wtf is rockstar doing.

DigiMish

LOL, 3 days? The game's been out for a day and a half - get outta here with this bullshit.

Vodh

I think with the bugs and save corrupting that's been going on I'm gonna hold off on Online for a couple weeks/until a major patch makes this thread go all out party hats and handjobs.

Alfredo

All I really wanna do is get some friends together cause some chaos, then see how long we can hold off an area from the cops... But it's gonna take forever just to get a high enough rank to get the weapons I want to do this with...

They should let you host private sessions that give you the option of unlocking everything from the start. Is that possible?

What happens when we hit 3 days and it's still down?

Yeah, there's no justification for anyone getting indignant over complaints. Online is completely borked for half the audience and a barely function mess for many others. I'd argue exaggeration in people's complaints is justified considering how bad this is.

It's probably going to be more stable, but problems are still going to be there, just like with other big game online launches.

You mean I might actually be able play with other players without having to choose solo mode?

hitmon

Well, I guess this is progress for the PS3.. I'm currently stuck on the waiting for other players for the first race...

Pop

Well went to log in again to play, lost my character. Completely gone.

I'll just wait never to play this again.

ZenVolta

Why cant we make parties ingame? So when someone does something you can just follow them? Like in team DeathMatch I keep getting split up from my friends. Or when I rob a store only one person gets the money.

MXRider

How do you play game types?

How do you play the cypress flats jobs?

Is there anything at the airport I can actually fly??

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If there are any Aussies/Kiwis on PS3 keen on hooking up with a team player to do missions and the like then hit me up. I also use a Mic and am in AusGAF. . (quote to reveal)

Please add a note so I know you're Gaf.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
It's going better than it was yesterday. I have around 6 or 7 other crewmembers who are able to play smoothly as well, from all over the US.

I'm thinking tomorrow more bugs will be fixed. By sunday, it'll be running smooth.

This is from Xbox.com The Xbox live service status page. Has anyone seen this yet?
10/2/2013 12:22:30 AM PDT:
We are aware some of our members are having trouble accessing content in Grand Theft Auto V Online. We want you to know we are working diligently alongside our partner to get everything back to normal. Our team appreciates your patience and want to get you back in the game as quickly as possible! We will provide another update as soon as we have more information.

Aenima

What worries me is how easy an charecter gets deleted with all his progress only leaving the money for the next lv1 char you make.
I dont bother much as max i got one character was to lv5, but looks like characters are not very well placed in the "cloud" more like placed in thin ice and as soon you hit a loading screen crash you might get it deleted.

Desaan

LOL, 3 days? The game's been out for a day and a half - get outta here with this bullshit.

Oh right I forgot, everyone on the planet is under the same fucking timezone. As I've stated, I tried on Tuesday (launch day), yesterday (Wednesday), and today Thursday morning (where I am). The 3rd day I've tried to play, not 72 full earth hours, but the 3rd day of trying.

Jesus fucking christ.

Valient

Anyone on PS3 able to play at all? I can get in, but as soon as my character hits the obligatory first race, either it fails outright or freezes at the blurry screen.

Took me a while but restarting the game and starting into online got me pass that but took me a long time, keep trying

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what it's like in Rockstar North at the minute ? I guess they're probably working 24/7 to get it sorted (or maybe not!)

Glad I waited though, nothing like technical issues to really sour your opinion

Online has been working for me most of the day but my game just froze and naw my character is gone :/ hopefully he'll come back like he did earlier.

DogMeat77

I always just back away with my shotgun aimed at the face until I'm through the doors. Feels more cinematic that way, too.

Good plan... The last one I robbed and didn't do that, the clerk starting blasting me from behind the counter as I was trying to leave. I might start executing them now... one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

I have some random level 1 character in my slot now where my level 10 was before. Now I'm really nervous that he got overwritten somehow and won't come back. Reallyyyy hoping that isn't the case. Stepping back away for now.

Top Bottom