• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

ViciousDS

Banned
This is from Xbox.com The Xbox live service status page. Has anyone seen this yet?
10/2/2013 12:22:30 AM PDT:
We are aware some of our members are having trouble accessing content in Grand Theft Auto V Online. We want you to know we are working diligently alongside our partner to get everything back to normal. Our team appreciates your patience and want to get you back in the game as quickly as possible! We will provide another update as soon as we have more information.

there was an update on that rockstar support page that said that PSN had some limit enabled and wasn't allowing as many people as it could to be on the game at once.....thats f'ed up!

found it!

For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.

I'm not too fussed because I'm still playing SP, but this is up there with one of the worst MP launches right? Can't think of anything else worse this year.

Personally i think the reason peoples Online characters are disappearing is because they are working on the cloud servers at Microsoft. I think people just need to relax and let them do there jobs. (for 360 users obviously)

Sigma722

Man... Got a character created that I'm really happy with. It's basically Sam Rockwell.. Finally got into online.... walked to race... "Waiting for other players". Fuck.

malfcn

Hate and love it.

Run up to someone and cap them in the head and nothing happens.
Spawn and instantly killed.

Car drives at me and I duck and roll and headshot for the kill.

It's messed up and beautiful at the same time.

D-Stubbs

I guess it's a good thing I've been busy the past couple days. Only tried playing it a few times. Got the weekend off though so hopefully it's problems will be mostly ironed out before then. I love R* but they dun goofed with this launch.

Domino792

So online was working fine for awhile but now when i go to join it takes forever and then i just end up in alone in a free roam and cant join any of my friends.

UNCMark

Banned
2 days and nights in a row now stuck on "launching session" for the initial tutorial race. Take some of that billion dollars, Rockstar, and hire some competent networking folks. This is awful. Anyone make any jokes about the 10/10 GTA Online Review score Biogamergirl.com gave it? Holy shit.

I fucking got to level 8 on 360 and had some pretty ok stuff. It was over multiple sessions, so I know it saved. Two hours ago, It was still there. Now, its just an empty character slot. No message saying cloud is down or anything. Damn it man.

moai

so what's up with height? i saw a player with a female avatar and it was huge, i looked like a midget.

imBask

Banned
why are you guys complaining about your deleted characters still? stop creating new characters and wait until the damn thing works

eival

bZJGPU8.jpg

that's 75% of Black Ops 2 total sales in 1 week

DigiMish

Oh right I forgot, everyone on the planet is under the same fucking timezone. As I've stated, I tried on Tuesday (launch day), yesterday (Wednesday), and today Thursday morning (where I am). The 3rd day I've tried to play, not 72 full earth hours, but the 3rd day of trying.

Jesus fucking christ.

Bro, 3 days is defined as 72 full earth hours. I don't care what time zone you're in, the servers went live at 7 EST. If you're gonna whine, get your facts straight.

Anyone on PS3 able to play at all? I can get in, but as soon as my character hits the obligatory first race, either it fails outright or freezes at the blurry screen.

I played earlier on PS3. I finished the race then got disconnected. Went right back in and it progressed. I only connected to one person to do anything (gun range competition). I managed to knock over a couple gas stations and kill some cops by myself.

Chipotle

Further than I've been before (UK PS3). I'm waiting for other players for the race. Is it broken or does it just take ages to find people? I quite like soulwax so not too bothered for now

GavinGT

Banned
Also tried stealing a fighter jet from the military base. First attempt was jumping over the fence with a truck and flooring it to the airstrip, I managed to lift off and narrowly dodged 2 missiles but got hit by the third. 2nd attempt was parachute insertion from a helicopter. Both me and my buddy jumped in and got into fighter jets but got destroyed on the ground as the base was still on DEFCON MAX from our previous attempt.

I just managed to ramp off the mountain and get into the base, but there was literally nothing there worth taking. No jets, planes, tanks, or anything.

GavinGT

Banned
Further than I've been before (UK PS3). I'm waiting for other players for the race. Is it broken or does it just take ages to find people? I quite like soulwax so not too bothered for now

I didn't have to wait for people. I just skipped the matchmaking step and it was me and Lamar racing.

Top Bottom