• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Right now the only bug I'm getting is I can't solo missions that allow one player, apart from racing. The mission starts but then immediately says failed.

The Flash

Banned
I have watched that same scene of my character getting in his car so many fucking times only for it not to load. Damn man; I have wanted to really play some GTA online.

I've seen the same Asian guy park a car next to me and get out of it so many fricking times

Korosenai

It is really difficult to play a team deathmatch with friends and randoms. If you host a match to play with one friend, it takes forever for people to join.

Man, I love how the game fails in so many different ways.

So I lost my character AGAIN. Started new character, waiting for the first "mission" which is the intro race (which in the past, when it worked, was always buy myself)

I was told I cant join a game but I can SPECTATE lol.

I said yeah since thats better than the kicked to SP that occured repeatedly before it.

Even that didnt happen, was kicked out since session ended before I could even SPECTATE that first boring race.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So if you finish the first race and the game freezes after the results screen, should you just wait and hope something happens or just quit and give up?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
omg

the race was about to start then the whole cut scene when you arrive at the race started over again

then it went to a loading screen -_-

edit: now it says the host wasn't found...but I'm playing solo

da fuck

BadHand

I still can't progress past the initial car race... I stand in the blue light and the infinite loading.

This is PSN and Solo play - no idea why this would be happening for solo play...

Onionkid

Well swell, I just love the online right now. Just went from lvl 21 and 290k, to reverting back to lvl 14 and 25k. Just lovely, I guess I can't complain too much since at least I'm able to play and my character is somewhat still intact, but damn I just wasted hours of mission grinding.

Spinluck

Man, I've forgotten how many times I've had to watch the GTA Online intro.

EDIT: The fuck, I'm playing with some character I've never created.

haikira

Just had a look over the last few pages. I think my plan of waiting a week after GTA Online launched will be for the best. I've still loads to do in the single player anyway. Feel bad for you guys though.

Kaizer

Banned
Only got to the initial race and it was a race against Lamar only. After winning, the screen just froze on the sky view. Gave up after about 20 minutes.

Marleyman

Banned
Just had a look over the last few pages. I think my plan of waiting a week after GTA Online launched will be for the best. I've still loads to do in the single player anyway. Feel bad for you guys though.

You are right. No reason in wasting time with it for me at this point. I still have a bunch to do in SP.

Ploid 3.0

Can you share your secrets?

It's just that when you rob a store in solo play you need to shoot the cashier then exit and press pause, and go to the rockstar store to buy money. Then just exit the store (not buying money) and go back to the game and repeat the store thing. Wanted level is gone.

http://youtu.be/RN-0PBHGE9A

I saw a youtube of it, I know it works because I was kicked from the game, because a host left the world, after getting cash from a cashier and the money was still there. This could be a good method of saving your game too I suppose, or getting rid of wanted level?

Kyzon

found a hacker i think. shot a guy a bunch of times and he didnt die. ran him over constantly and still no kill. he then shot me once and all my health left.

Plasmid

on the grounds of false advertising and discrimination (360 users seem to be getting along fine).

Im pretty sure 360 is just as bad as ps3. It's all about the cloud server that everyone connects to.

Can't wait to see the influx of "IT WORKS" when rockstar finally fixes this shit.

Gadirok

Oh my god I finally got into the race and finished it

Same, and it turns out I only faced Lamar and nobody else.

All that loading for nothing.

Worst yet, after that mission where you get the drugs the game locked up for me when it zoomed out. Total bullshit.

The game may look alot like GTA V but it plays alot differently for me. Noticed the car handling and shooting was quite different but it might just be me. I preferred it more in GTA V.

Wow, you can make some real bank selling cars. Sold an Ubermacht Oracle for 8k after repairing it. I wonder what is the most valuable car you can sell?

For anyone who doesn't know, you can sell a car by taking it to LS Customs. There's a Sell option. You're probably better off repairing it before you sell it, always seems to add more value than the cost. You can only do it once per in-game day seems like.

Okay, well, this happened. Steam convo incoming.

The Grim Heaper: okay well that glitched
The Grim Heaper: holy shit
The Grim Heaper: i might be fucked
[redacted]: why
The Grim Heaper: the cutscene with lamar started
The Grim Heaper: where he was talking about gerald
The Grim Heaper: and it cut off in the middle of a sentence
The Grim Heaper: a car spawn ontop of mine
The Grim Heaper: the day cycled all the way to night again
The Grim Heaper: and i have no hud
The Grim Heaper: oh
The Grim Heaper: my car is gone now too
The Grim Heaper: it disappeared when i was in it
[redacted]: join
[redacted]: this mission
The Grim Heaper: OH
The Grim Heaper: too late
The Grim Heaper: now i'm gone
The Grim Heaper: i am back
The Grim Heaper: okay gone again
The Grim Heaper: cutscene is starting again
[redacted]: rofl
The Grim Heaper: this is all honest btw

THIS IS A MESS

malfcn

Is there a way to see how awful my K/D is? I swear weird shit is happening. There was a guy doing sideshow donuts in the street smoking fools (me). And other times I am pumping bullets into sponges.

Spat_triate

I don't think the issues will be fixed in a week. I give it 2-3 weeks minimum before everyone who hasn't yet given up will be able to reliably join/host games.

Top Bottom