• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Finally got past the create a character... but now I'm stuck in the Launching session bit. Some progress is better than no progress, right? :'(

Arcteryx

It's working ok on PS3 atm, but can't really do matchmaking because it freezes.

Also: some asshole saw me robbing a store and proceeded to block his car in the door so I couldn't exit...had to end up quitting and restarting :|

Finally got past the create a character... but now I'm stuck in the Launching session bit. Some progress is better than no progress, right? :'(
Alright so I waited like 7 minutes and did the first race. Staring at the clouds as we speak, but I heard someone's voice towards the end of the race. If this is all I can play for the night, I don't even care, I'm just happy I went past the damn create a character.

And here's the next cut scene!

So, do players drop $100 when they die no matter what they're carrying, or do they drop more depending on what they carry?

For example, if someone is carrying $10,000, do they drop $1,000?

duckroll

So, do players drop $100 when they die no matter what they're carrying, or do they drop more depending on what they carry?

For example, if someone is carrying $10,000, do they drop $1,000?

I think what I heard is that they drop whatever they were carrying above $5000. So if they were carrying $10000 they should drop $5000.

malfcn

Got kicked for being idle.
When I opened the game: "Do you want to alter your character's appearance? This will be your only opportunity to do so."

eff this....Im not even bothering until this gets fixed....Im not going to sit around for 15min waiting for a game to start only to have it crash as soon as I get in....fix it Rockstar.

valeo

Anyone else think GTA Online is one of those 'sounds good but not that great in reality' deals? It's just an open world with a bunch of instances. Woop-de-doo. Feel like it's maybe one game too early.

I think what I heard is that they drop whatever they were carrying above $5000. So if they were carrying $10000 they should drop $5000.

Disappointing that it's set that high. Whenever I go above $1,000 I immediately deposit all me money into the bank.

Trying to find quick ways to make cash, was hoping murdering guys randomly online would be one. :p

If you want to mute other players, hold down select (or 360 equivalent) to see the quick interaction menu, and set Chat to anything but Everyone. If you're having some money problems, you can get a big chunk of change ($6k+) jacking a car and selling at an LS customs. Keep robbing stores and such. Money becomes easier to make as you start ranking up.

Tain

I have no clue how to enter this solo mode everyone is talking about. Am I completely blind? What am I missing?

also my published crew emblems are always corrupt :(

Tawpgun

Really wish it was lower also.

I guess it prevents people from killing each other... I ambushed two guys robbing a store thinking I'd steal their take. All I got was two angry players lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GTA single player question: how does the vehicle saving work? If I park a vehicle in my garage and then take it out and crash it will it reappear in my garage? Saints Row works like this. But I just got a plane with Trevor and instead of driving across the map I want to fly to where I need to go and then just jump out of the plane. But I'm worried that my plane will be gone then. And if that's how it works then that is ultra dumb cause using a plane as then having to safely land and park it back in a hanger is not fun. That's Euro Truck Simulator level stuff and it doesn't belong in my GTA game.

I'd like a nerf to open world PvP. It's quite dangerous to be out and about without a car. Maybe have damage towards players cut in half.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I don't know how I was with from the PS3 crew, but we were just rolling 3 deep in a charger murdering people, lol.

GavinGT

Banned
has rockstar said anything since launch?

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246--Updated-4-30-PM-ET-10-2-13-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates

Really wish it was lower also.

I guess it prevents people from killing each other... I ambushed two guys robbing a store thinking I'd steal their take. All I got was two angry players lol

Yeah, I've killed like 50 people and never gotten anything more than $100. It's a losing proposition at this point, but it's still fun.

I'm assuming those were for hospital bills. What we're talking about is once you have $5k+ other plays can steal any amount of cash that's over that $5000 when they kill you.

Oh yea, I get what you're saying. For some reason I kept reading the $5000+ thing and assuming I could die all I want without ever losing money. Not sure why I thought that, since you have to pay hospital bills in SP.

Played a bunch of missions with 10 friends, game is a blast so far. I just wish the cops were less aggressive they get in the way a lot. It should be easier to lose your wanted level.

So many awesome moments in each game though, felt good.

GavinGT

Banned
Isn't there a passive mode?

I saw it on Giantbomb's video but I haven't been able to see for myself.

You can still get run over in passive mode, and you can still get shot by another player if you're in a car (to prevent you from griefing by getting in people's way, I guess).

malfcn

Love this game. Run someone over with my car and start shooting them. They stand up and one shot me. What the hell is going on?! (I like to complain.)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm up to level 7 but I have a bad feeling I'm going to regret dumping this much time into it while things are still pretty up in the air. Hope I don't get wiped but I will say that when it works it's damn fun. I've been playing without any issues on PS3 for about 3 hours now.

Also, I am in a crew. But my tag and everything is missing in the game. The website says I am active though..

Same. I created The Snak Pak and made a rad logo with a dinosaur drinking ketchup but alas, it won't show up. I'm just gonna give it a few more days before even trying to log in.

Moosehole

Been stuck on the loading online scren for a while now. Should I just reset it...
I wish I knew as well. I cannot start this damn tutorial race to save my life. Been trying since yesterday morning.

I'm at the "Launching session" screen and people keep popping up and walking off screen. Should I keep waiting or is it hopeless?

Top Bottom