• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Been stuck on the loading online scren for a while now. Should I just reset it...
Yes. You want a menu to select a car. I would consider anything else a failure, and reset.
I wish I knew as well. I cannot start this damn tutorial race to save my life. Been trying since yesterday morning.

I'm at the "Launching session" screen and people keep popping up and walking off screen. Should I keep waiting or is it hopeless?
Samething..."moosehole"

Hmm so my buddy and I are in the same lobby but when I go to accept a job it just has me in the job lobby and I see no way of inviting him. Any ideas? I have received random texts from other players to do jobs with them. No idea how they did it.

Rembrandt

Banned
Been playing for the last couple of hours. Lots of fun organic moments and surprisingly, it took a while for me to run into a game where everyone only wanted to kill each other all day. I'm really liking it so far, though. Cruising with a teammate on the way to steal a RV on a sunny day while I Don't Want To Fall In Love plays. One teammate puts on his mask and the other just smokes a cigarette on the way there. Shit has me hooked.

ROFL, I pissed off the cops then led them to where a bunch of players were. It was chaos. lol People taking cop cars, running around shooting. hahaha

Here is my character and car.

bG8wb59.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I broke the game even more and now the blue marker didn't load in, letting me actually move. Too bad I can't actually do anything, so I quit out again and am back in preparing session purgatory.

Cess007

I finally could some today in my PS3 and besides a single time the game got stuck (after the first race), the rest of the game run pretty smooth. I leveled up to Lv4 and completed a couple of missions. Fortunately, never got stuck on Launching a session or anything like that. Here's my chara and car:

0_0.jpg

Trike

Finally got it to work by deleting the title update, clearing cache, and loading online from the loading screen.

MormaPope

Banned
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

We are aware some of our members are having trouble accessing content in Grand Theft Auto V Online. We want you to know we are working diligently alongside our partner to get everything back to normal. Our team appreciates your patience and want to get you back in the game as quickly as possible! We will provide another update as soon as we have more information.

Sounds like a lot of shit went haywire for this launch.

I'm so nice, I gave away my helicopter (got bored of flying it)

He was deserving, I heard him robbing store after store whilst yelling in the mic "STFU, gimmie the money, put it in the bag, don't be a hero, etc)

Oh, my god, now that was great fun. We all ended up having what amounted to a destruction derby right in the middle of Vinewood.

Can't wait to get a mountain crew together to go ride ATVs and dirt bikes all over. :D

SSReborn

Hardlocked my PS3 after a few rounds of random game types but it was good fun. The invite system seems a bit inefficient though.

I swear it randomly invites people on your friends list. I was in a lobby and all of a sudden it showed that it sent an invite to two people on my friends list for absolutely no reason.

Moaradin

Got into the racing mission first try earlier so I assumed it was fixed. Deleted my character since I wanted to remake it. Now I've been sitting on launching session for an hour now.

Is there any ghetto solution for getting around this? Or is it just plain luck.

MisterNoisy

Well shit. Saved up enough for a garage and second car and when I log back in after dinner, both are gone and so is the money.

Easy come, easy go, I suppose.

Hip Hop

My Xbox Live membership just ended a few hours ago. I had a code on hand, and forgot that my account had been locked for the past month or two. Can't buy anything of the store, or redeem codes. Have tried multiple times to get it resolved. The support team has no clue whats up, but I've heard of stories like this where it literally takes months to resolve. The last response took over a month to get sent to me, only to receive some basic troubleshooting that I've already done. Guess I won't be with the multiplayer for a couple of weeks. Bad luck I guess.

Cleared the cache, re-downloaded the title update, and deleted and remade my character.

Let's hope this works.

EDIT: No dice. Oh well.

beastmode

Friends are going to start playing tomorrow. Anyone up for replaying that one Gerald mission that pays 9K over and over until we can get cheap safehouses, either in a few hours or tomorrow morning? On 360.

So, what are you guys currently doing to make money? This is my method so far:

1) Pick random pretty car off street, sell at Customs for $5000+
2) Rob a store
3) Play some deathmatch

Repeat.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't do the race at the beginning -_________-

I've never done it either. a guy pulls up, gets out of the car, walks off, the car disappears, then it takes me to a participant screen and says waiting for players indefinitely. Never been further than that.

Most broken online game I've ever played. I guess around one cumulative hour of looking at 'searching' screens.

I'll continue the campaign and just wait a couple weeks I think.

Has there been any indication of what's broken from rockstar? Is it just server load?

Met someone who wasn't a complete jerk. Good times were had, folk stayed away I didn't have to look over my shoulder constantly. Now I'd like to learn more about crews.

Gaz_RB

I've never done it either. a guy pulls up, gets out of the car, walks off, the car disappears, then it takes me to a participant screen and says waiting for players indefinitely. Never been further than that.

Most broken online game I've ever played. I guess around one cumulative hour of looking at 'searching' screens.

I'll continue the campaign and just wait a couple weeks I think.

Has there been any indication of what's broken from rockstar? Is it just server load?

Wait a couple days max, it's already gotten a lot better for most!

Sorry for your troubles

Also if you go to Trevor's airfield there is usually a plane and a helicopter there for anyone looking for some flying vehicles

There's a ledge you can hop a car over the fence near the Southeast entrance to the base. Just get some speed and hit the ledge and you'll usually make it over into the base itself.

There's a jump on the east side you can make. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQmXDoJQ2U

Sweet! Thank you guys!

I have the exact same car in the exact same colors, and our characters look the same also. wtf.

Wow, small world. Lol

Top Bottom