• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Squoig

Banned
What's the current quickest way to gain RP? I abused Rooftop Rumble during the double RP weekend but Rockstar doesn't like people having fun it seems.

Wolfe

Rooftop Rumble only takes a few more minutes to do solo now, if you're going to do Coveted you might as well just keep doing RR for the almost 19k.

All I have to do differently is hop on the hedge on the side of the garage and blast everyone inside, hop down and grenade/rocket the 3 cars that show up and then high tail it down the backstreet that takes you to the beginning of the freeway (the intersection with the tunnel leading towards the Integrity Way apts). Just zip up the freeway to the first onramp and wait for the guy with the docs to roll up as he always goes the same way, blast him and take the docs.

I actually find it more fun this way since it's not so boring and easy even though it's still pretty damn easy and not much more challenging.

Messing with RR will just make people glitch RP rather than grind it, what exactly do R* want people to do on this game? Play the game for what it is or find cheap shortcuts?

It's still soloable, but having to chase down the car to get the documents is balls.

Oh I still finished it but I wasn't prepared for the changes and with my Entity wrecked I ended up taking one of the Felons left behind by the FBI after I finished clearing out the parking garage, wasn't prepared for the getaway car and didn't catch up until it was parked with the other FBI guys out in the country. But yeah, now that there's no risk of destroying the documents I'm just going to blow everyone in there up, deal with the cars that show up and be on my way now.

Squoig

Banned
Grinding repetitively is fun?

OK

It was the only mission where it didn't feel like grinding because you got a lot of RP in a short space of time. Other missions reward you with a paltry amount for missions that take nearly 20 minutes to complete.

I just prefer co-op missions over death matches and races.

@Baron: well considering you said you like the Akuma and are considering a Bati, I don't think the Thrust is for you.

This is the bike it's modeled after:
dn-01_2080228.jpg
Yeesh, yea I am glad I stayed away. I drove a fulled modded one last night, a buddy had one, but I'm not a fan. I avoided the Bati and ended up with the Double T. Crazy easy stoppies and wheelies, and solid acceleration. Plenty happy with it.
That's a whole lot of no heists there.
To be fair, R* never said they'd be out this update...Summer can be a looong time sadly.
Seriously the Adder is way overrated. The Turismo R is where it's at.
I totally agree about the Adder, but I'm not a fan of the Turismo either :p Sports cars run my garage now, 6 sports cars in my main with 2 bikes. Soon to be 3 bikes. I have the Voltic, Cheetah and Entity in my now secondary garage, but I really don't drive them that often.

Is there a list of what items came up in the new update?
Yea, scroll up a bunch till you see a wall of text. There is a larg post about the High LIfe Update, and then few down from that is another wall of text that is the entire change log for this update. Settle in, grab a beverage, it's a long read..

Nori Chan

Yea, scroll up a bunch till you see a wall of text. There is a larg post about the High LIfe Update, and then few down from that is another wall of text that is the entire change log for this update. Settle in, grab a beverage, it's a long read..

No new female clothes. That's strange. I have two characters, one a level 100 guy and a level 35 girl. Just for shits and giggles.

The Vacca is my favorite super. I mostly drive third-person and it's got an awesome rear profile, and the handling / turning radius is great for speeding through the city.

CANNOT WAIT to play this game with two of my buds. This is about to become our go-to online game. Love that R* put co-op missions in so we don't have to play against other people.

No new female clothes. That's strange. I have two characters, one a level 100 guy and a level 35 girl. Just for shits and giggles.
Nope, no new female clothes. Which is horseshit, but oh well. I'm not tired fo the clothes, there are still tons of outfits and combinations out there. I figure the female clothing will get a massive upgrade soonish, to compensate.
The Vacca is my favorite super. I mostly drive third-person and it's got an awesome rear profile, and the handling / turning radius is great for speeding through the city.
Heck yea, I never see it out in the world. It's my next, and last Super I plan to buy for now.
CANNOT WAIT to play this game with two of my buds. This is about to become our go-to online game. Love that R* put co-op missions in so we don't have to play against other people.
Crew or no crew, playing with friends is THE way to play the game. Yea sure, solo is also fun, but having a group of friends you play with is the bees knees. Especially once you get some slight coordination...some of my favorite moments are when my buds and I are in fast cars tearing through the highway trafiic inches from each other, or tearing through the city in Lazers or Mallards, all very tightly grouped, but aware of the others so we don't wreck, no matter the vehicle. Seeing 4 buzzards flying ahead of you as tear into the city just doesn't have the right words to describe the awesomeness..

sunnz

The new car is sexy, too bad i am poor in game :p

I have found a new love for bicycles and stunts. Been doing it for a couple of hours, very enjoyable ( but I do wish bicycles were OP to make them more fun, like higher bunny hops, faster peddling)

Sucks that cars get such easy and cartoonish physics yet bicycles are more... in depth.
Which brings me to me 2nd point, off roading ( and driving in general) is boring thanks to these physics. Sucks they went backwards.

Don't get why the merryweather canis can't be brought and how the door for the titan plane can't be lowered anymore :( Stupid decisions.

I like my bicycle but it takes a lot of time to get around large distances, anyway I can carry my bike around :p?

And wtf is up with the accuracy of the NPCs in this game, EVERYONE seems to be as accuracy as fuck, even when I am in a vehicle driving at fast speed like every 1 of 3 shots seems to hit me, regardless of distance sometimes. Maybe if we could manually aim our weapons like we could in IV it wouldn't be so bad.
Ruins the fun.

Crew or no crew, playing with friends is THE way to play the game. Yea sure, solo is also fun, but having a group of friends you play with is the bees knees. Especially once you get some slight coordination...some of my favorite moments are when my buds and I are in fast cars tearing through the highway trafiic inches from each other, or tearing through the city in Lazers or Mallards, all very tightly grouped, but aware of the others so we don't wreck, no matter the vehicle. Seeing 4 buzzards flying ahead of you as tear into the city just doesn't have the right words to describe the awesomeness..

Yup. Gonna be awesome. We had a blast playing Burnout previously so I think we are going to get into the custom race aspects too. One of the guys just doesn't like the idea of really interacting with people outside our group in a traditional MP experience (Deathmatch etc), so I really appreciate Rockstar letting us shoot at bots in the missions and customize the rest of the experience. At least that's my reading of how online works so far, I don't think we'll be disappointed.

plainr_

Some cheater like no other was picking on me and my friends. Dude was invincible and had flaming bullets. We went into passive mode but the flames that emitted from the bullets could still kill us.

Wolfe

Basicallly like Franklin's bike.

Not the fastest or the best handling, good for cruising. Pretty good acceleration when kitted up.

I really hope the next pack is off roading or something.

Yeah that would be cool, also look forward to more muscle cars. Even some of those niche weird vehicles like 3 wheel 1 seater cars would be cool (someone around town had one when I lived in Redmond WA and it was pretty wacky to see.) Something goofy but still realistic.

Hell a GTA version of that one kit car, the Aerial Atom would be rad. Who gives a shit that I can get shot easy as fuck while driving it lol.

Basicallly like Franklin's bike.

Not the fastest or the best handling, good for cruising. Pretty good acceleration when kitted up.

I really hope the next pack is off roading or something.
Yeah I was looking for something to just cruise around in anyway so I bought it.

Too bad I'm flat broke now.

Anyone else experiencing PS3 freezing or lockups? I notice the gameplay starts to hitch when I cross bridges or overpasses in the city and the road sometimes flashes between the upper and lower levels of the map. This morning it totally froze partway across an overpass. Also totally locked up this morning when I tried to leave a mission voting lobby. Had to power down the system, couldn't get to the XMB.

EDIT: Known issue. Lots of people on the Rockstar support page pissed that 1.13 did not fix the freezing problem. R* recommends a complete reinstall and remove cache on PS3 but there are many saying this is, at best, a temporary fix.

I love my 15 cars only space fore one more.
Oh HELL yea, I couldn't agree more. Except that I love my 20 car garage! I wanted to buy a new place somewhere else in the city, but I opted to have all my cars in the same location, for ease of trasnferring, and also for the ease of having them all together. I have plans for my two garages, and it's going to take some time to get everything in just the right space. Once garage will be 3 motorcycles, 7 sports cars. Other will be 3 supers, 1~2 muscle, 2 offroad, and my compact (LOVE that Blista!). Now, when these supposed mansions come out, if ever, that will require more hours of planning, moving, buying..
Anyone else experiencing PS3 freezing or lockups? I notice the gameplay starts to hitch when I cross bridges or overpasses in the city and the road sometimes flashes between the upper and lower levels of the map. This morning it totally froze partway across an overpass. Also totally locked up this morning when I tried to leave a mission voting lobby. Had to power down the system, couldn't get to the XMB.

EDIT: Known issue. Lots of people on the Rockstar support page pissed that 1.13 did not fix the freezing problem. R* recommends a complete reinstall and remove cache on PS3 but there are many saying this is, at best, a temporary fix.
I get the freeze every now and then. It happens a lot more frequently if I have the XMB open while playing (checking friends list, replying to messages, etc..). Luckily I never get a super hard freeze, requiring the system check. It's annoying, though, thats's for sure. I have yet to do any "fix" on my ps3, but I doubt I will.

I get the freeze every now and then. It happens a lot more frequently if I have the XMB open while playing (checking friends list, replying to messages, etc..). Luckily I never get a super hard freeze, requiring the system check. It's annoying, though, thats's for sure. I have yet to do any "fix" on my ps3, but I doubt I will.

It wouldn't be so bad if loading a new game didn't take a million years. Glacial. I guess an SSD might help. I'm going to do the Rockstar recommended fix tonight before I play again.

sunnz

I brought the new super car, god damn that thing is super fast with turbo and a few other mods on top, goes very quickly!

( sorry guys, I am sadly one of those people who brought the sharkcards, i have money irl, not enough time to grind the money and really wanted it... i apologise but it was worth it, the car is a beast!)

Does online have deer's, cougars and boars? I want to go hunting but not sure if they are in game, don't want to waste my time :p

Wolfe

Hopefully they fix it soon. I gather it started happening after an earlier update.

After patch 1.11 as far as I can tell. I don't recall freezing before that (maybe once or twice over months, as I said I can't recall) but since then I can freeze easily multiple times per day. Also didn't see people complaining about it online until after 1.11.

No idea if they even know what's causing it but they obviously haven't admitted to it yet as they're still giving the "it's a system issue, perform X action" responses. Would just be nice to hear them say something like "we're looking into it" but I guess it's better PR to just act like it's from something else.

Just realised they added the quick interaction menu to single player, so now you can quickly mark nearby stores and safehouses, as well as change hats, glasses and masks. Now if only they would add visible body armor, insurance, car delivery and the ability to store food items in your inventory.

After patch 1.11 as far as I can tell. I don't recall freezing before that (maybe once or twice over months, as I said I can't recall) but since then I can freeze easily multiple times per day. Also didn't see people complaining about it online until after 1.11.

No idea if they even know what's causing it but they obviously haven't admitted to it yet as they're still giving the "it's a system issue, perform X action" responses. Would just be nice to hear them say something like "we're looking into it" but I guess it's better PR to just act like it's from something else.

Long session tonight after deleting the game data and redownloading everything. I also realized my hdd did not have much free space on it so I deleted some demos and games before reinstalling. I had no freeze ups after playing for 3+ hours. YMMV.

Wolfe

Long session tonight after deleting the game data and redownloading everything. I also realized my hdd did not have much free space on it so I deleted some demos and games before reinstalling. I had no freeze ups after playing for 3+ hours. YMMV.

Sorry I wasn't clear with my last post, my point was that it can happen frequently yet not happen for days at a time if at all. Bottom line is the issue is still around.

I brought the new super car, god damn that thing is super fast with turbo and a few other mods on top, goes very quickly!

( sorry guys, I am sadly one of those people who brought the sharkcards, i have money irl, not enough time to grind the money and really wanted it... i apologise but it was worth it, the car is a beast!)

Does online have deer's, cougars and boars? I want to go hunting but not sure if they are in game, don't want to waste my time :p

Nope - no animals, and yea - the Zentorno is super quick.

It's also rather light making it ridiculously easy to get a ton of air, whether you want to or not, heh.

Sorry I wasn't clear with my last post, my point was that it can happen frequently yet not happen for days at a time if at all. Bottom line is the issue is still around.

Yes it would be helpful if they acknowledged they are aware and/or working on it. I am just glad to get a long session in without freezeups like yesterday. Maybe I will stay lucky for a little while.

I hope they fix the damn insurance bug... I think I'm going to stop until they do and I still want a debt system in place so people who empty their bank accounts onto another character so they can go freely about blowing up vehicles without paying is no longer an issue, dammit.

Everyone ready for a weekend of mayhem?? These event weekends are always a blast...so many different types of people come out and play...makes me very happy I took the time last night to organize my two garages perfectly, repainted everything, stocked up on ammo, armor , items, and cars (from Mors). Bring on the festivities! Heres to hoping for more super special crate drops. I got one during the Business Pack weekend event, and it was *so* exhilerating beating out everyone else for it. Btw, how much does everyone love the new armor system?? CAUSE IT'S AWESOME. I am loving all the changes they are making. Little by little this beast is evolving into unmatchable greatness, in my eyes. By time of perfection..perhaps then will next gens come out, but who knows. I'm perfectly happy where I am...video recording aside...
Just realised they added the quick interaction menu to single player, so now you can quickly mark nearby stores and safehouses, as well as change hats, glasses and masks. Now if only they would add visible body armor, insurance, car delivery and the ability to store food items in your inventory.
:O WOW...if only this had come out before I got that 100%...but still, that's awesome.
New contact missions seem kind of underwhelming. Was hoping for some high end level 65+ lengthier contact missions.
I gotta disagree. The few I have done, I have really enjoyed. They are far more varied than a lot of other missions. One of them, if you don't have a certain piece of equipment, I could see it taking a very long time, which could make people mad due to a not so great payout.. They have all been for about level 20 and up though. Gat daYUM though, there were more enemies in those missions than in a ton of the ones I have played. "All I gotta do is kill this one red dot? Pssssshhh no problem." :Kills dot, see 30+ more pop up on the radar all around me: "ffffffuuuuuuuu" ~ DEAD. The payouts for most of them suck something fierce though.

Also, I believe I may have heard a new dynamic music track. I don't know when they were being added; if it was all at once or little by little, but I was doing a new mission the other night - "Hit 'Em Up", and I swear there was this audio track playing as I was sniping the countless goons that was just new, and nothing short of awesome. It was real up tempo, real jazzy, and had a trumpet just WAILING for a little bit. In my 400+ hours logged, that was the first time I have heard it. If it was new, I can't wait to hear what else they have been creating.

What do you mean by new armor system?

In MP, you can now buy multiple sets of armor. I'm at level 90, and can buy 7 sets, you get more slots as you level up. So if your armor runs out during a mission, you can go to your inventory and use up one of your spare sets. Makes things easier during longer missions.

Wolfe

Interesting, I had no idea. How does it work? Do you just keep hitting the "purchase armor" button in the lobby or something?

Wonder how many slots I have at 170.

Interesting, I had no idea. How does it work? Do you just keep hitting the "purchase armor" button in the lobby or something?

Wonder how many slots I have at 170.

Don't think you can do it in the lobby. You have to go to Ammunation, then just buy armor repeatedly. It can't be, in my case, 7 of each type of armor. I couldn't have 35 spare armor in my inventory, so it makes more sense to stock up on the best possible armor.

GQman2121

Banned
I dropped over 200k on upgrading an Ubermacht Oracle this morning (which is an amazingly quick sedan once you max out the acceleration) and some asshole was waiting with c4 as I rolled out of the customs shop and blew the damn thing up. I forgot that you have to purchase the insurance for cars that you pick up off the street, so all that money was lost. I was kind of heated.

Also, it's bull shit that you can bet up to 10k now but only win 6k. The house (rockstar) takes a cut still. :/

Wolfe

Don't think you can do it in the lobby. You have to go to Ammunation, then just buy armor repeatedly. It can't be, in my case, 7 of each type of armor. I couldn't have 35 spare armor in my inventory, so it makes more sense to stock up on the best possible armor.

Yeah I didn't figure you meant 7 of each armor type I just had never heard of this feature before so I wasn't sure how it worked. I'll go hit up an ammunation and check it out.

Top Bottom