• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Ted

I'd buy it for single player doubt I'd bother with online.

Next gen ports seem to bring a lot of different opinions! :)

Personally I'd only be interested in a new gen port for online if progress carried over. A PC version avec mod support however, immediate pre-order!

More generally, new update is top. Twenty cars, at last. I didn't bother with another apartment as I only wanted the extra vehicle space so I just bought a ten car garage near the airport and spent the week filling it with random shit I've wanted but not had space for. Finally I can have a Peyote in my garage and not feel it's a wasted space!

I also bought the new Dewbauchee Massacaro to go with it's sisters the Rapid GT and Exemplar. I've modded the Massainto a enduro-racing look alike, the RGT is roll caged up but looks like road racer and the Exemplar is for four seat blasting. They look sweet parked up together but make me wish I could have the mechanic deliver more than a single car for photoshoot purposes.

Having them in the garage next to each other is an added bonus of having two garages, it is now so much easier to re-arrange the order without having to have spare space for an over-writeable car.

The Vacca is my favorite super. I mostly drive third-person and it's got an awesome rear profile, and the handling / turning radius is great for speeding through the city.

In lime green with lime green highlights on the rims it looks SO good. My favourite looking Super for sure. :)

Izza preeetty car.

Tawpgun

I'd buy it for single player doubt I'd bother with online.

I'd do it for Online actually. My disc drive broke so I can't play GTAV again unless I buy it digitial, dont feel like forking up the 60 for it.

But if GTAV HD is announced for the Xbone, and it will have all the GTAO Additions + maybe some singleplayer content I will buy it day 0. Game would look so damn pretty.

Wolfe

I also bought the new Dewbauchee Massacaro to go with it's sisters the Rapid GT and Exemplar. I've modded the Massainto a enduro-racing look alike, the RGT is roll caged up but looks like road racer and the Exemplar is for four seat blasting. They look sweet parked up together but make me wish I could have the mechanic deliver more than a single car for photoshoot purposes.

I don't know if this has been patched but in the (recent) past you could park your car somewhere and then run a far enough distance away to call your mechanic and just request a different car and the original one would still be in the place you left it just unable to be entered now. Allowed you to do exactly what you were suggesting in the bold but given that it's a bug I wouldn't be surprised if it no longer works, worth a shot though.

I also agree with what you said about a next gen port, I'd be much more interested if the online progress could be transferred over.

Can someone update the thread title?

The Beach Bum Pack was released like 6 months ago!

Oh Jesus Christ with the love of Martin Madrazo for his pizzas...

Mistel

Banned
Can someone update the thread title?

The Beach Bum Pack was released like 6 months ago!

Oh Jesus Christ with the love of Martin Madrazo for his pizzas...
What could we have as a title instead?

GTA: Online |OT2| Too poor to afford bullets
GTA: Online |OT2| It's a hiest!
GTA: Online |OT2| Worlds highest paid pizza deliver

Something of that caliber?

What could we have as a title instead?

GTA: Online |OT2| Too poor to afford bullets
GTA: Online |OT2| It's a hiest!
GTA: Online |OT2| Worlds highest paid pizza deliver

Something of that caliber?

GTA: Online |OT2| Heists already happened, Rockstar robbed us!

Or maybe a play with the names of popular online missions:

GTA: Online |OT2| From Rooftop Rumble to Coveted...

In light of the whole roll back due to the hacking of money:
GTA: Online |OT2| Money Giveth. Rockstar takes away...

Or because of the whole bad sport separation:
GTA: Online |OT2| Bad Sport. Good fun.
GTA: Online |OT2| No, Patricia, no! I'm eating Pizza, PIZZA!

Martin's quotes are so funny!

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!
I love you, in an appropriate way I mean.
If I didn't you would be dead of course!

You're being hysterical.
It's the menopause again.
That never happened.

Ted

I don't know if this has been patched but in the (recent) past you could park your car somewhere and then run a far enough distance away to call your mechanic and just request a different car and the original one would still be in the place you left it just unable to be entered now. Allowed you to do exactly what you were suggesting in the bold but given that it's a bug I wouldn't be surprised if it no longer works, worth a shot though.

Your sir are a legend. Thank you!

The mechanic cool down makes it a bit slow but I could still do it:

0_0.jpg

I couldn't access each car after the next had been delivered so couldn't arrange them properly as a group but I haven't tested if changing my vehicle access settings change this.

Wolfe

Your sir are a legend. Thank you!

The mechanic cool down makes it a bit slow but I could still do it:

0_0.jpg

I couldn't access each car after the next had been delivered so couldn't arrange them properly as a group but I haven't tested if changing my vehicle access settings change this.

Right on, I'm glad it still worked so you were able to do what you wanted. But as you found out you do have to set them up pretty much perfectly beforehand considering it won't let you enter the cars that were left when you ordered a different one. I'm pretty sure vehicle access won't change anything as it's the game considering that car no longer yours since you have ordered a different car.

Alright, got the special crate and nothing outside every other special crate drop event though maybe more RP since I received 10,000 for picking up the package.

The new SUV is grossly overpriced, but looks cool and can move out pretty quickly for an SUV.

I was thinking about buying it, I don't own an SUV yet and I've seen a bit of positive feedback on it.

Wolfe

I was thinking about buying it, I don't own an SUV yet and I've seen a bit of positive feedback on it.

I didn't own any of the SUVs before buying it due to not caring for the styling on most of them, I like that this one is a little more compact and the styling is nice plus it seemed pretty fun to drive from messing around with it in SP. Still haven't gotten around to any performance mods on it though, hell out of all my new cars in my second garage I've only fully modded 3 of them (with one being a bike).

Guess I was lucky enough to even get the new apt and new cars to fill it with the 3 million I had at the time. I think I'm back up to 100 grand atm but as I said I've still got 6 other cars to fully modify at this point.

Anybody know the best place to find assistance for achievements online? I've been desperately hosting rally races online in that simple 2/way bridge race just to get that Backseat Driver achievement.

I didn't own any of the SUVs before buying it due to not caring for the styling on most of them, I like that this one is a little more compact and the styling is nice plus it seemed pretty fun to drive from messing around with it in SP. Still haven't gotten around to any performance mods on it though, hell out of all my new cars in my second garage I've only fully modded 3 of them (with one being a bike).

Guess I was lucky enough to even get the new apt and new cars to fill it with the 3 million I had at the time. I think I'm back up to 100 grand atm but as I said I've still got 6 other cars to fully modify at this point.

Good to know, I checked out the new super car in SP but didn't bother with the Huntley, I should probably do that.

Anybody know the best place to find assistance for achievements online? I've been desperately hosting rally races online in that simple 2/way bridge race just to get that Backseat Driver achievement.

I still need the damn Rally trophy too along with others, including "Enjoy Your Stay" which I should have but for one reason or another don't.

Ted

I'm pretty sure vehicle access won't change anything as it's the game considering that car no longer yours since you have ordered a different car.

You're probably right but since your vehicle access settings control how other people access your vehicles I wondered if these setting might "stick" when I transition from being the "owner" to being "other people" by ordering another vehicle from the mechanic.

Worth a shot at least.

I still need the damn Rally trophy too along with others, including "Enjoy Your Stay" which I should have but for one reason or another don't.

And I'm happy to lose if you guys require a willing bit of cannon fodder for your boosting session.

Ted

Loving what folk are doing with the #HIGHLIFE snapmatic tag:

New player actions, erm, in action...

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Crew: IGTA
Photographer: Ayreon01

Just a great well setup shot...

0_0.jpg

Title: The Acquisition
Photographer: lulaman300

Wow, this boards gotten lively! Love all the action. Who would we contact about the title change, a mod?
Need party funds? This mission is paying out $75K and takes about 7 minutes if you have a decent amount of people.
Holy Snot. FOS V4? Is that PS3 or XB? Regardless, that is one good chunk 'o change.
I'm having withdrawals. Literally watching people play the game on twitch
I know the feeling. I don't play every day like I used to, in fact it's been almost 4~5 days for me now. I miss it terribly, even if I am just driving around with a lady of the night as my passenger..

This is off-topic, but I figured I'd have a better chance of getting a reply here.

I'm using iCEnhancer with IV on PC, and while it looks amazing, I've noticed a few issues. One thing is that particular light sources such as car taillights and fire seem to be toned down with it enabled. Is is possible to tweak this?

With iCEnhancer

gtaiv_2014_05_21_16_53_55_52_by_jax765-d7j6sgr.png

Without

gtaiv_2014_05_21_16_54_12_71_by_jax765-d7j6sho.png

With

gtaiv_2014_05_21_16_54_33_49_by_jax765-d7j6skb.png

Without

gtaiv_2014_05_21_16_54_39_14_by_jax765-d7j6slo.png

Another problem is that fire effects seem to be a little too transparent compared with the vanilla version. Is there a way to modify this?

Finally, some interiors, such as the hospital look terrible, with overexposed and flat lighting. Is that just something that's unavoidable?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I played a bunch of this over the weekend with the update, have barely played any games for a month so it was nice to cut loose and be a massive prat online for a bit. Loving the new cars, got myself a Zentorro and a Jester to replace my old Entity and Sultan cars, feels good. I love the aggro meter thing, it's handy for finding the fights and/or the biggest dickheads to either avoid or dive into guns blazing. The new races seem good, and I love how many user created races there are about the place, shades of the old San Andreas Online days.

So yeah, will try to get on more and play over weekends, I'm on the NEOG crew (probably one of the only ones haha) and my PSN is jedeyesniv is anyone wants to add.

Tawpgun

Wow, this boards gotten lively! Love all the action. Who would we contact about the title change, a mod?

Holy Snot. FOS V4? Is that PS3 or XB? Regardless, that is one good chunk 'o change.
I know the feeling. I don't play every day like I used to, in fact it's been almost 4~5 days for me now. I miss it terribly, even if I am just driving around with a lady of the night as my passenger..
Yeah but at least you can play... I cant play unless I buy the digital version... But dont really want to pay for the same game twice.

Would double dip if next gen port tho

I read that Rockstar is planning to implement Heists. People are excited, anticipating...what exactly?

Most of the heist prep was pretty dull in the single player game. Drive across the map a couple times collecting stuff you need. Maybe evade the cops a couple times. Pretty boring.

I'm hoping for something that is tied to crews where you have to execute a heist in several stages as a team, maybe over the course of multiple sessions. Example (partly inspired by Heat): Break into a bank and steal bonds. Then there's a cool down period. Then you have to kidnap the banker who will help you convert the bonds into money. Another cooldown period. Your crew can rest up, resupply. Then you have to fend off his security team when they come for him while other crew members simultaneously break into the BAWSAQ headquarters across town and take over the computers. Then you all escape. Whoever lives get the money.

Anyway, has there been any official discussion of what these heists will entail?

Same as story mode, there will probably be a couple of options. Smash and grab with less of a take and more heat. Then an option requiring more prep, with a bigger take and less heat.

Flandy

Going to trade this in to Target later today for a $46 gift card. I put in about 6 Days, 13 Hours, and 56 Minutes into the online. It's time for me to get out though while I can still make a good buck out of it. Goodnight sweet prince
Big-Boss-Salute-610x345.jpg

I'll probably rebuy this later on PS4 or if the PS3 version is $30 or less

Going to trade this in to Target later today for a $46 gift card. I put in about 6 Days, 13 Hours, and 56 Minutes into the online. It's time for me to get out though while I can still make a good buck out of it. Goodnight sweet prince
Big-Boss-Salute-610x345.jpg

I'll probably rebuy this later on PS4 or if the PS3 version is $30 or less

Damn, really? Is that a Memorial Day Weekend thing? I might have to do that since my LIVE expired anyway.

GTA 4's radio soundtrack takes a powerful shit on GTA5's. I hope they add new songs with the DLC, like they did with 4. The online music for jobs and deathmatches is badass tho.

Stackboy

I don't play this a huge amount like some of you do, but a lot of the recent updates make it a lot easier to get into the MP component of GTAV.

Had a great run with escalation earlier. One of the only crew guys I've seen in a few weeks.

We had some fun sniping from a skyscraper (so much fun when you take a driver out of his car from 5 blocks) and then we battered some jerk who shot down my copter.

GTA 4's radio soundtrack takes a powerful shit on GTA5's. I hope they add new songs with the DLC, like they did with 4. The online music for jobs and deathmatches is badass tho.

man, I dunno what it was but GTAIV's sound track was broken for me (and other's have agreed). Every time I'd change to a station it would always be playing like 1 of a handful of tracks.,.. I'd have to stay on the station for a while to get anything new.

The example most cited by me and others was the reggae/rap station, Radio Broker, or whatever, and EVERY TIME I turned it on it was some guy saying "BATTA TA BAT BATTA TA BAT BATTA TA BAT BAT" followed by a 60-second intro to the station. It was horrible.

Top Bottom