• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Razakin

Well, an easy out for that- do motorcycle races with a buddy on Criminal Records, two laps. One lap takes about 30 seconds. I say two because the bump from one to two in cash and rp is worth it. Payout is utter garbage though, don't expect much. The point behind it - winning motorcycle races unlocks upgrades across all vehicle classes. Unless it's been patched, but I haven't seen anything mentioned in any of the updates notes. It's the best way around the upgrade system. By the time your done, 45 wins or so, all classes will have everything but the level unlocks. And you should have earned a moderately decent chunk o change.

Wasn't so that super class unlocks updates across all vehicle class, or is it just with cars? And I probably should think trying to join the GAF crew also to get some people to play, playing against randoms is bit annoying time to time with the guessing games if the other player is a maniac or not.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sounds great, thank you very much for the info @houroftower and @Baron Von Beans :)

We didn't get a chance to play, but hopefully we will over the next few days, sounds like there's a lot of great content that we just haven't found yet. I really like the single player and think the multiplayer has heaps of potential, so looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Flying jets sounds amazing, and I'd like to join the GAF crew, thank you for the offer! I'm from the UK though so may not be around at the same time as you guys. Will PM you now. Thanks again

I'm in the UK, feel free to add me on PSN if you want (jedeyesniv). If I'm playing a game, chances are good it's GTAO.

Flying is a good lark. Like most of the players, I am a total dick online so one of my favourite things to do is get an attack chopper and go harass players with my cannons. I feel like I'm doing a community service, that player I'm chasing is probably having the time of their lives.

On that tip, I wish more people got the idea of chasing each other, it's so fun when you get a good fight going. People are far too eager to get lethal when all you want is a bit of knockabout fun.

On that tip, I wish more people got the idea of chasing each other, it's so fun when you get a good fight going. People are far too eager to get lethal when all you want is a bit of knockabout fun.
100000% this. One of my favortie things is to steal cars until I get a good bounty, at least 7k or 9k, and then I will drive by huge groups of people, trying to get a chase going. It's so much fun. If I get a smaller bounty, I may, but usually I'll message someone in the lobby to come kill me for easy money :D

Wolfe

Yeah last night there was something going on as all jobs were down for a while (was weird seeing the map without any blue icons) so all lobbies were constantly full with people just having large free roam battles. Which I do enjoy but it seems like lately everyone is too quick to run and grab a tank and just start blasting everyone without a second thought (hey jerk, leave my car alone ;_;).

Also since I saw the felon GT being mentioned as a good source of cash I've got another tip. If you head down to the gang areas (families/ballas/vagos) you can find gang cars that spawn occasionally that sell for even more. They're easy to spot as they're green purple and yellow respectively and they sell for even more. The buccaneers sell for 9800, tornados with the shorty tri tip exhaust sell for 12500 and the peyotes sell for 12940. Once you figure out the spawn locations it's fairly easy to make a nice route to look for spawns (I find it easier to force spawn the green ones at night for example) and 13k a pop makes for a nice score.

Edit: also the reason these cars sell for more is they have mods on them like tinted windows and custom exhaust, you can find gang tornados with the longer exhaust that runs under the doors for example but they only sell for 7 or 8k, which is still decent but not almost 13k like the ones with the shorty exhaust. Also gang mananas spawn but those only sell for 7 or 8k too so I never touch them.

MisterNoisy

Trying to steal a Lazer from the military base is also hectic fun, especially when npc jets scramble and try to chase you down. I love flying them, but I also love being on the ground when people are flying anything, as the sounds I feel are great for players when they are far or near.

If you're high enough level, Lester's 'Cops turn a blind eye' ability works on the military base soldiers too - hover just outside the base perimeter in a chopper, call him up and trigger it and you'll still have plenty of time to land the chopper and steal/fly out of there in your shiny new fighter plane.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If you're high enough level, Lester's 'Cops turn a blind eye' ability works on the military base soldiers too - hover just outside the base perimeter in a chopper, call him up and trigger it and you'll still have plenty of time to land the chopper and steal/fly out of there in your shiny new fighter plane.

:O

Wasn't so that super class unlocks updates across all vehicle class, or is it just with cars? And I probably should think trying to join the GAF crew also to get some people to play, playing against randoms is bit annoying time to time with the guessing games if the other player is a maniac or not.
The Super class works for all cars, but the Motorcycles works for all vehicles. Plus, motorcycles are badass! You never see people riding them online, due to the heavy heavy risk of taking them out in that warzone.
I feel like I'm doing a community service, that player I'm chasing is probably having the time of their lives.

I remember once, a guy in a Lazer was terrorizing the city. I was tearing through the streets (after he blew my friends and I up as I was piloting a Cargobob holding a tank) to get back to my buds, and missles were exploding around me left and right. I got a majority of it on video, I'll post a link shortly, but it was incredible. I believe I was laughing sort of crazy like...cause it was so hectic. I think the audio in the video is just me laughing because I use headphones, but the video is still a decent watch I think :D As for people chasing you, steal those cars to get them bounties! That's what I do, and you should get some people taking the bait in no time.
Also since I saw the felon GT being mentioned as a good source of cash I've got another tip. If you head down to the gang areas (families/ballas/vagos) you can find gang cars that spawn occasionally that sell for even more. They're easy to spot as they're green purple and yellow respectively and they sell for even more. The buccaneers sell for 9800, tornados with the shorty tri tip exhaust sell for 12500 and the peyotes sell for 12940. Once you figure out the spawn locations it's fairly easy to make a nice route to look for spawns (I find it easier to force spawn the green ones at night for example) and 13k a pop makes for a nice score.

Edit: also the reason these cars sell for more is they have mods on them like tinted windows and custom exhaust, you can find gang tornados with the longer exhaust that runs under the doors for example but they only sell for 7 or 8k, which is still decent but not almost 13k like the ones with the shorty exhaust. Also gang mananas spawn but those only sell for 7 or 8k too so I never touch them.
This...is amazing! I assume the Ballas would be on Grove St...roughly where would I find the others? Regardless, GREAT tip, thanks!!
I never would have thought of that, and it works beautifully. When you absolutely NEED a Lazer, accept nothing less! Though I gotta say, to me part of the fun of stealing the Lazer was seeing what sort of military force was assembled to stop you. Sometimes you'd get one out without seeing a single solder. Next time you go in? 6 tanks roll in on your position in a matter of seconds. Not to mention if you somehow escape that, you might have to deal with the NPC's Lazers that are scarmbling to shoot you down!

Every time I play GTA:O, I tend to learn something new. No matter how big or small it may be, that's irrelevant. I still learn something. And those two things (custom gang cars to sell, blind eye police for EZ Lazers) are simply amazing. The "blind eye" thing makes all the sense in the world, just all about using your available resources to your utmost advantage in the game world. These are the reasons why I will continue to play this game, for countless more hours and hours and hours.

@Razakin, if you are playing on PS3, send me a PM and I'll tell ya what ya gotta do to get in! (I.e. how much money to send me, who's but to kiss, things like that olololo jkjk really, it'll just be two quick and easy questions :D)

Thanks, this is a solid tip.

Wolfe

This...is amazing! I assume the Ballas would be on Grove St...roughly where would I find the others? Regardless, GREAT tip, thanks!!

I can't do any pictures or anything atm as I'm on an old chromebook but I'll try to explain the best I can.

If you start out at Franklins house and head south to the next block just past the train tracks (the 3 segmented curved block that has the apartments and a gang attack inside one of the apartment buildings) that's where I find the green gang cars.

Keep going down that street as it curves and go through the intersection, past the convenience store/gas station and Franklins garage in SP and you'll end up in that court at the end of the street. That's where I find the purple gang cars (although I haven't found any in a long while, I dunno if one of the patches altered the spawn rates of some of the gang cars but I still check there).

From that court head back the way you came (toward Franklins garage) but immediately take the first right followed by the second right which now has you heading towards the freight train tracks. Cross these tracks and head down the alley directing in front of you and once you're on the next street you'll see a parking lot for the apartments that the Vagos guys hang out at, that's where you'll most likely find the yellow gang cars.

And lastly if you're leaving the docks that you deliver cars to Simeon at and you take the first right and travel to the end of the street where it turns there's an area at that bend with an old busted up bus and some dumpsters behind a fence, you can drive back there through a break in the fence. Very rarely I find gang cars there that are grey/silver and sometimes green oddly enough.

Also since I mentioned getting the green ones to spawn at night here's how that works. Once it's late enough to be dark and when the NPC cars will have their light on I start from the court where the purple gang cars spawn and drive west towards Franklins garage. As I'm coming up on his garage I look way across the intersection to the green gang car area and as I hit a certain point (just before reaching Franklins garage) I'll almost always see a pair of tail light spawn in the distance on the portion of street that is turning. This is always a gang car and it's always easy to tell so due to the fact that they drive less than half the speed of the regular NPC cars. At this point I'll race across the intersection and go see if it's one of the versions I want or not. If it's something lame like a Manana I'll just turn around and head back to the court at the end of the street and try again.

Sometimes the lobby is being weird for lag or other players or whatever and it won't work as well as it should be typically it's a sure thing as long as it's night. I can still get them to spawn during the day but it's more random for some reason. If I feel like wasting a few minutes to look for a gang car I have a route I take that runs down the families street into the ballas territory and then from there heads over to those apartments in the vagos area and then double back and start over.

Hopefully that makes enough sense while you're looking at the map/in game.

I am so going to try this tonight. Thanks! They should patch in more of this stuff, it makes the city a little more real. (For example pedestrians carrying valuables or trucks loaded with supplies.)

Giant wall of awesome text.
Here is a link for a nice map of all the current gang zones. I found some of the previously mentioned green cars (tornados, peyotes etc) rolling slow near #5.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/318975-GTA-Online-Gang-Attack-Map
Double awesome, quadruple thanks. @Wolfe - your descriptions were spot on. I couldn't find any at the spot by Simeons, but the two gang areas near Franklin's garage were spawning them a plenty, though one at a time. A few in the day, but more in the evening hours. I can't believe I am just now seeing this. Especially after the numerous amount of times I've done burnouts in the Grove Street cul de sac to piss off all those gang members. Hanging out around that area for a while was hilarious, hearing all the different conversations people were going on with. My buddy, a level 254, was also completely flabbergasted that he hadn't seen those yet online. Here we've been stocking up on Ballers and Felon GT's to sell all this time like a bunch 'o suckers. @houroftower, great link, thanks for that. Will help clearing out the rest of those gang attacks I've missed.

Funny side note - doing a gang attack in an area with gangs - get the cops called on you (or call them yourself), and when the GA is over, the cops and gang members will shoot it out! Nothing like standing by watching CPU wreck havok on itself.

Wolfe

Lol yeah I find myself messing with the gangs a lot when I'm in the area too, sometimes I'll do burnouts or even just start flipping them off until they go nuts on me. And although I've not tried it yet I wonder if you could lure gang members into opposing gang territory and get them to fight each other as well.

Edit: yeah the spot I mentioned near Simeons drop off at the docks is the spot I find gang cars in the least, but I just thought I'd mention it since you can find gang cars there as well. Also found it curious/interesting that the tornado/peyote cars you find there will be silver or grey instead of one of the 3 typical gang car colors but if you find a buccaneer there it will be matte green with bronze rims instead of glossy green/black with alloy rims like the typical families color ones.

jsnepo

Anyone experiencing freezing in Grand Theft Auto Online? When I say freezing, the game literally froze and the XMB cannot be accessed.

Wolfe

Anyone experiencing freezing in Grand Theft Auto Online? When I say freezing, the game literally froze and the XMB cannot be accessed.

There's been an issue with the game from a few patches back, causes freezing on both Xbox and PS3. Rockstar hasn't commented on it aside from giving generic solutions like clearing your cache and stuff like that which doesn't do anything.

jsnepo

There's been an issue with the game from a few patches back, causes freezing on both Xbox and PS3. Rockstar hasn't commented on it aside from giving generic solutions like clearing your cache and stuff like that which doesn't do anything.

The freezing for me started with the high life update. I have the digital version and is currently installed in a hybrid HDD.

Wolfe

I've got the disc but for me it started at least a patch or two before the high life update, either way it's been well known with people posting about it on the support site but no word on a cause or fix yet unfortunately.

Also it's pretty sporadic as sometimes I can go for days without freezing and then other times I'll free multiple times a day.

Check your space remaining on your HDD. I noticed I had very little HDD Space left so I deleted a bunch of demos and movies and did a full delete/reinstall. I have OG Slim PS3 with disc version. No more freezing for me.

Wolfe

I don't have any digital games except Journey and some random diablo clone, checking system info says I have 180 gigs out of 300 still so space isn't an issue.

I've done cache clears and other things Rockstar has suggested, yet the freezing was nonexistent until a specific patch and has been consistent since then.

1upmuffin

My friend was having the same problem when we were playing, his froze (physical disc) while mine didn't freeze (digital). We stopped playing after his system fully froze twice.

jsnepo

Check your space remaining on your HDD. I noticed I had very little HDD Space left so I deleted a bunch of demos and movies and did a full delete/reinstall. I have OG Slim PS3 with disc version. No more freezing for me.

I have 300GB+ free space.

My friend was having the same problem when we were playing, his froze (physical disc) while mine didn't freeze (digital). We stopped playing after his system fully froze twice.

I will not be playing this game unless a new patch is released.

MisterNoisy

Maybe once every few weeks - it's definitely not a common occurrence for me (360/disc), even though I tend to play pretty long sessions.

My prayers have been answered!!!

Gonna double dip in the Fall on the bone
Oh man, your prayers, my prayers, so many people are likely insanely happy. This is amazing news. The crews will likely get far more lively now. Trying to think about how it's going to work, might need separate screws for each platform. Not sure exactly, but I'll be eyeing all details like a hawk, and even will start compiling info for the new release. I *may* even think I am crazy enough to create a new thread when it comes out....the details will reveal all though.

Edit:

Regarding those freezes - I think it's one Rockstar's end. It has to be. I was playing over the weekend. In one lobby, 6 people left all of a sudden, including a buddy that states his ps3 froze. After those 6, every 10 seconds someone else would freeze, and then quit. I was watchign the map, seeing moving dots come to a stop, then leave. It cleared the room, and I was one of the last few to get booted. No way that is something that is happening on our end. This had a very certain rhythm to how people were getting "kicked" or whatever. No way that many people has local freezes all spontaneously. Hopefully all this server maintainence they are doing this week will help out with that.

yup. I noticed after 3-4 people left at once, I'd crash- this happen alot after the business update. I use quick job if I see multiple people leaving at once.

Ted

My prayers have been answered!!!

Gonna double dip in the Fall on the bone

Yes Tawpgun, it's weird as well because normally I wouldn't double dip (beyond the PC version to enjoy the mods) as just being prettier doesn't bother me much but because of the backwards compatibility of our online saves I'm well up for moving forward to new hardware and seeing new players joining the fray.

That said, I still feel R* should not be allowed to forget that heists were supposed to be part of the current GTA:O offering and I would hope they do still release these a good time before the release of the new version. If they don't arrive in a fairly timely fashion (given the Spring assertion) I might, on principle, hold off on double/triple dipping but it will be difficult. Personal views on value be damned when it comes to GTA and I'm happy to be smeared as a hypocrite!

That said, I still feel R* should not be allowed to forget that heists were supposed to be part of the current GTA:O offering and I would hope they do still release these a good time before the release of the new version. If they don't arrive in a fairly timely fashion (given the Spring assertion) I might, on principle, hold off on double/triple dipping but it will be difficult. Personal views on value be damned when it comes to GTA and I'm happy to be smeared as a hypocrite!
Heists, the planned DLC, heck ANY word on any new updates/plans for the coming weeks would be appreciated. The Newswire has been pretty vacant aside from crew battle news lately, and likely we may be now swamped with next gen news. I remember, I believe from the Valentines day update, R* said they had small free (sometimes not noticable) DLC, somewhat larger medium sized free DLC, and then much larger paid DLC packs as well. it was plural, too. So we are getting more than one...it's just a matter of what, and when.

I'm optimistic. I think overall the PS4/X1/PC releases will, if anything, extend the life of GTA Online for all platforms including last gen. My hope is that R* is just taking its time making sure they fix the known bugs in preparation of a substantial Heist DLC that will require a smooth and satisfying experience when everyone comes back to this game.

jsnepo

I'm optimistic. I think overall the PS4/X1/PC releases will, if anything, extend the life of GTA Online for all platforms including last gen. My hope is that R* is just taking its time making sure they fix the known bugs in preparation of a substantial Heist DLC that will require a smooth and satisfying experience when everyone comes back to this game.

You sure are optimistic. Anyone here got an active crew for PS3?

I've been wondering... Do you think created jobs will port over from 360 -> One or Ps3 -> PS4? The characters are, so I thought maybe jobs would too. I was thinking "yes" initially, but then I don't think that 360 jobs are available on PS3, and it'd arguably be the same process for next gen too.

creations are tied to social club too i think, i've added 2-3 races/dm from a profile but on the same console- good question, creator crews/communities are real so maybe that feature will be announced when out of the beta.

New update is live : "I'm not a hipster".

Can't seem to find patchnotes yet, several new cool older cars at one of the websites!

I need a third garage though.

Wolfe

Neat, didn't think that update would be out already. Sleep can wait a bit.

Edit: oh man seriously lol at the smart car. Pretty cool additions and glad to see they aren't just more supers/sports.

Also the 6 wheel dubsta rocks. Thing is an off road monster!

E92 M3

Neat, didn't think that update would be out already. Sleep can wait a bit.

Edit: oh man seriously lol at the smart car. Pretty cool additions and glad to see they aren't just more supers/sports.

Also the 6 wheel dubsta rocks. Thing is an off road monster!
Holy cow! Talk about taking by surprise. Good thing I won't be able to play till Saturday or so! Hurraayy!!! Oh wait...ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
I've been wondering... Do you think created jobs will port over from 360 -> One or Ps3 -> PS4? The characters are, so I thought maybe jobs would too. I was thinking "yes" initially, but then I don't think that 360 jobs are available on PS3, and it'd arguably be the same process for next gen too.
360 jobs can't be played on PS3, so likely that trend would continue on. It might be that ps3 can be played on ps4, but not the other way around.

E92 M3

I want to get back into this game, but not until there is some kind of exploit where I can quickly acquire millions. Reason for that is I find jobs boring and nothing is more fun than messing around in free roam.

ducksauce

Yeah, I'm also,trying to get back into this after dropping it not long after launch. I've tried to get into deathmatch and races but they're not really my thing. Is there any co-op content?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I want to get back into this game, but not until there is some kind of exploit where I can quickly acquire millions. Reason for that is I find jobs boring and nothing is more fun than messing around in free roam.

Waaaaah. Just play the game or don't, you're not going to be able to get money like that again.

Yeah, I'm also,trying to get back into this after dropping it not long after launch. I've tried to get into deathmatch and races but they're not really my thing. Is there any co-op content?

"I've tried to get back into this game but I don't like the game parts, what do?"

There is lots of co-op content, they're called "contact missions" on the phone. Great fun stuff. But if you're not enjoying the other bits I'm not seeing how you'll like this too.

Wolfe

Alright I went with two of the new vehicles (and wtf there are animal masks now?). The new dubsta cause it's an off road beast with 6 wheels, and my favorite of the new cars, the Vulcan Warrener.

Man what to do...just when I thought I was content with my garage....they release all these dang vehicles...I may have to try the 6 wheeler, out of principle and my love of off roading in the game. GAH why must this week be so dang busy for me :(
Your best bet is to find a friend or two, do parachuting/races over and over, from the voting screen after a job. You won't get a ton of money for each event, but in an hour you should develop a decent deal of money. Do this, plus selling cars - normal, Simeon text cars, and High Priority Vehicles - and you'll be able to easily make over 100k in a night. Heck, with the right lobby, you can make up to 30-50k in less than 15 minutes if you don't have jerks killing you, and you can spot cars easily enough.
Other people have answered, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring too. All missions can be done with friends. If there any that say the mission requires 2 people, those are "versus" missions, and one team will have to lose. Stick with the ones that say "1-XX players", that way everyone is going to the same goal, and everyone gets money.

Wolfe

All missions can be done with friends. If there any that say the mission requires 2 people, those are "versus" missions, and one team will have to lose. Stick with the ones that say "1-XX players", that way everyone is going to the same goal, and everyone gets money.

Well Sinking Feeling for example is a mission that requires 2+ people and isn't versus, but typically you're right.

Here is the full list of changes from the support site. Looks promising, as always!
R* said:
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203403217

New Additions
•Six vehicles have been added to southernsanandreassuperautos.com: Benefactor Glendale, Benefactor Panto, Declasse Rhapsody, Lampadati Pigalle, Vapid Blade, Vulcar Warrener
•Ten existing GTA5 vehicles have been added to southernsanandreassuperautos.com. These include single player characters’ vehicles: Albany Primo, BF Surfer, Bravado Buffalo, Bravado Buffalo S (Franklin’s), Bravado Youga, Cheval Picador, Dundreary Regina, Karin Rebel (clean version), Nagasaki Hot Rod Blazer (Trevor’s), Obey Tailgater (Michael’s)
•One new Premium vehicle has been added to warstock-cache-and-carry.com. This is a Rank-locked vehicle that unlocks at Rank 100: Benefactor Dubsta 6x6.
•Two new paint colors have been added to the Mod Shop in the ‘Metals’ category. They unlock at Rank 100: Pure Gold, Brushed Gold.
•A Pure Black window tint has been added to Mod Shops.
•Brown and pink tire smoke colors have been added.
•Two weapons have been added to Ammu-Nation: Antique Cavalry Dagger & Vintage Pistol.
•Four new jazzy vehicle horns have been added to the Mod Shops, including one which loops and speeds up / slows down as you drive.
•Over 170 new clothing items, including new outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both Male and Female characters in GTA Online.
•Four new hairstyles have been added to the barber shop.
•10 new beards have been added for Male characters.
•Eight new animal-inspired masks (four styles with two color variants of each) for both male and female characters have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks.
•49 new tattoos have been added to the Tattoo Parlors for both Male and Female characters.
•Eight new individual player celebrations have been added. Seven of these can also be used as actions in-game via the Interaction Menu.
•Four new paired Celebration animations have been added.

Top Changes
•Players will no longer be charged Insurance costs if their vehicle is destroyed by another player who does not have enough GTA$ to pay.
•Fixed an issue where, if an insured Personal Vehicle was destroyed, both parties had to pay the insurance costs.
•Fixed an issue where invites to Crew members were only being sent to the first crew member on the list.
•Vehicle Management has been added into Garages. Players can move their positions around by accessing the trigger inside their Garage.
•Fixed an issue where some 4 wheel drive vehicles had reverted to 2 wheel drive.
•Fixed an issue where weapons were always reverting to extended clips, even if a player was using a normal clip.
•A ‘Recently Played’ option has been added to the Host Job menu. Players will be able to bookmark jobs directly in the menu.
•Fixed an issue where Challenge mode was not paying out correctly.
•Fixed an issue where players could purchase insurance for a vehicle but it occasionally would not apply to the vehicle.
•Invincibility has been reduced to 2 seconds after respawning for all game modes.
•Fixed an exploit where players were able to avoid paying insurance and Bad Sport rating increases by using the Tank cannon to destroy Personal Vehicles.
•When a player dies, they now have a chance to detonate any Sticky Bombs they had placed. They must be detonated as soon as the wasted screen appears or they will be deleted.
•Player names now show on the minimap when it is expanded.
•Tear Gas now does more damage and lasts longer.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible for the game to freeze when starting Rooftop Rumble from the Job Selection menu.
•The following difficulty changes have been made to the mission “Coveted”:
◦New objectives added: When the players arrive at the cove their objective becomes “Secure the landing site”. Players then have 2 minutes to reach the Cargobob’s landing area and kill nearby enemies. Failing to do this in 2 minutes will fail the mission.
◦Enemy placement: Around 50% of the enemies have been moved from the beach to the hill leading to the landing site. This is to create more of a shootout on the way down to the landing site.
◦Cargobob now takes around 2 minutes to arrive once the players have reached the cove
◦2 enemies near the objective container now have RPGs (Low Accuracy).
◦Enemies on the beach no longer have Extended LOS, meaning they won’t shoot at the players as they fight down the hill
◦Drop-off location for the container is now at a warehouse in Cypress Flats. Previously the drop was too close to the action.
◦Once the player has collected the container, an enemy helicopter spawns and pursues the Cargobob

All Changes
•The Mugger now drops at least as much cash as they have stolen from the character.
•Help text has been added to assist players in where to go when they want to pay off a fee for a Personal Vehicle that has been impounded.
•Unlocks in Ammu-Nation now have explanatory text to define how they are each unlocked.
•Information regarding player stats in coronas has been changed to show win/loss before the player’s name.
•An ‘Exit’ option has been added to the Mugger menu.
•Non-personal vehicles will now spawn near the player once they have completed a Mission.
•Bonus Job Points for being the Most Valuable Player in a Deathmatch are now shown in the celebration screen.
•On the Next Job Voting Screen, players who vote for Freemode are pushed out immediately when everyone else refreshes.
•The Replay and Refresh options are now taken into consideration for a majority vote. This fixed an issue where the Next Job Voting Screen was not progressing despite a majority of votes being cast.
•The default celebration animation has been changed to Salute. This animation may also play when a selected winning celebration cannot play.
•Contact Missions will now display the contact’s name next to the Job title in the lobby.
•The “Created By” field of the Next Job Voting Screen now shows if a job was created by a player on a different platform by displaying a Social Club nickname logo.
•Next Job Voting Screen now shows job sub-types (Land Race / Air Race / Sea Race etc.).
•The Friendly Lock On option from the Interaction Menu is no longer available when the player is on a Job.
•Quick GPS has been re-ordered so that the Clothes Store and the Mod Shop are at the end of the list.
•The crew challenge celebration screen now shows the amount of money the player has earned, rather than the amount of money the team has earned.
•Players are now able to bookmark Jobs whilst in a Playlist from the Pause menu.
•Player names are now shown on Celebration Screens.
•Players are now limited to successfully completing 4 Crew Challenges per real world day. Players may attempt as many as they like until they reach this cap.
•Invites to Missions that the player hasn’t yet played will now display “Mission – New” in the feed.
•A small tick has been added to the first screen in a corona and to the Job details panel on the main map if a player has played a Job before.
•The level of difficulty is now displayed when pressing D-pad down when playing Missions.
•Fixed an issue where players were being awarded in-game R* Verified T-shirts for verified content when they had not had any content verified.
•Fixed an issue where players could be spawned in the wrong location when leaving an apartment they owned.
•Personal Vehicles no longer spawn at the wrong location when players leave the Eclipse properties.
•Fixed an issue where players who had purchased a Parachute could lose it when transitioning.
•Fixed an issue where character stats could increase when using the Friend Spectate option.
•Fixed an issue where players could potentially create a new character over their existing characters if they signed in and out of the PSN when on an idle-kick screen.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible for the Online TV Helicopter in GTA Races to be targeted by Lazers / Buzzards.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible for Crew smoke trails that have been paid for and opened, to remain locked in Ammu-Nation.
•Fixed an issue where there was inconsistency between Social Club and the game itself in terms of limits placed on bookmarked Jobs. An upper limit of 1000 has now been set to the amount of Jobs a player may bookmark.
•Fixed an issue where a player who selected to bookmark a Job was not able to observe it becoming bookmarked in-game.
•Fixed an issue where Lester’s ability “Cops Turn Blind Eye” could occasionally not last long enough.
•Fixed an issue where players were occasionally unable to Quick match into LTS Jobs.
•Fixed an issue where players could become stuck if a large number of players attempted to move from an Apartment to a Garage at the same time. Only one player can now interact with the lift at a time.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to become stuck after accepting an invite from remote player.
•Fixed issues where incorrect Alert screens could be shown.
•World Records are now correctly awarded to Rally teammates.
•Fixed an issue where overtakes were being awarded despite no overtakes occurring.
•Fixed an issue where Helicopters could behave strangely during Missions when moving near buildings.
•Fixed multiple issues involving accepting invites while in the Xbox Store.
•Fixed an issue where a player would not be able to add anymore bookmarked jobs if they reached the limit, deleted jobs, and then attempted to add more.
•Fixed an issue where Adders were missing a texture on the rear of the car.
•Fixed an issue where when players ordered a Rat-Loader they would arrive with no truck bed and have no collision.
•Fixed an issue where Akuma motorbikes could be delivered without a fender or a windscreen.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to become trapped in Apartments that they had just purchased.
•Fixed an issue where some Jobs were not being ticked off as completed after being fully completed.
•Fixed a rare issue where players could respawn in a LTS match.
•Fixed an issue where cars would spawn outside of a Garage when a player spawned into their Apartment.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player’s mental state to rise when killing themselves by falling from height, or by destroying their own Personal Vehicle.
•Fixed an issue where the Infernus could not be bought with a stock spoiler.
•Fixed an issue where DLC weapons were sometimes going missing after completing Jobs.
•Fixed an issue where players who were the last remaining player in a Playlist with an active spectator gained a Bad Sport increase if they quit out.
•Fixed an issue where glasses frames could clip through helmet visors.
•Fixed an issue where players could become stuck during the GTA Online tutorial if they entered the Online Store during a cutscene.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to become stuck in skycam if they accepted an invite to a UGC Race as the timer ended.
•Fixed an issue where if players were killed or DNF in an active Job they would appear visible to players who they then chose to spectate.
•Fixed an issue where vehicles that were being delivered by the Mechanic were not being picked up by the iFruit app in Mod Shops.
•Fixed an issue where if a player joined and then backed out of a Mission whilst in the Dump vehicle, they could respawn within the vehicle’s wheel.
•Fixed an issue in Coveted where NPCs in the Mission could blink in and out of view if zoomed in on with the sniper scope.
•Fixed an issue where players could make themselves invisible / off radar when exiting a vehicle.
•Fixed an issue where some menus were incorrectly displaying that a Job was not rated.
•Fixed an issue where players could appear topless if DLC packs were deleted after choosing to wear items of clothing specifically related to them.
•Fixed an issue where the rows on a Job Leaderboard could move around or show the rows being sorted.
•Fixed an issue where the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service were cut off slightly early in the Japanese version.
•Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Personal Vehicles in Mod Shops and become stuck.
•Fixed an issue where Invite Only sessions were no longer Invite Only after starting a Job.
•Fixed an issue for Race hosts where split times were not appearing properly to them.
•Fixed an issue where GTA Team Races were not turned off when there were only two players in a Race.
•Fixed an issue in Parachuting Races where Cash payouts differed between players who finished DNF and players who finished last. DNF and last place players now receive the same cash reward.
•Fixed an issue in Parachuting Races where players were not always given the correct color Parachute.
•Fixed an issue where players could become stuck inside their own property if they visited a friend’s Garage then swapped session while inside.
•Fixed an issue where players in a TDM received the incorrect amount of Job Points when they were the Most Valuable Player.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to spawn underground in UGC Deathmatches.
•When an opposing team quits, the team left are now properly credited with a win.
•Fixed an issue where the Head to Head Leaderboard would not populate correctly, leading to incorrect scores showing.
•Fixed an issue where the Leaderboard could appear to flicker when being viewed during a Survival.
•Fixed an issue in the creator where information text for placing Start points would only update when placing points for Team 1.
•Fixed an issue where players were able to place large numbers of unique vehicle models in the Capture Creator which could lead to a crash.
•Fixed an issue where players could receive the incorrect number of Job Points after completing a Capture Job when they were the best performing team member.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible to hang the game by flying to the map boundary in the Creator.
•Fixed an issue where players could become stuck if they signed in and out of PSN when in the Creator then attempted to move back to Online.
•Fixed an issue where players were unable to select Japanese or Chinese words in objective text.
•The ‘Spectate Next Player’ option has now been renamed to ‘Next Player’.
•Players now see a countdown for Races starting when spectating.
•Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on a black screen if they chose to spectate a passenger when leaving a garage.
•Fixed an issue where the timer would not show the correct time for Race Spectators during a Race.
•The Spectate Next/Previous Player options have been removed when in the Shooting Range, Arm Wrestling, and when playing Darts.
•Fixed an issue where attempting to spectate a friend who was leaving GTA Online could result in the incorrect Alert message being shown.
•Players can no longer jump inside of Los Santos Customs during UGC Deathmatches.
•Fixed an issue where some filters and the player list were visible when the Playlist Leaderboard was displayed between Jobs on a Playlist.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible to see under the map when spectating a remote player who joined a Job from their Apartment, quit out, then re-entered their Apartment.
•Fixed an issue in spectating Tennis matches where the scoreboard, rackets, and balls would not show correctly.
•Fixed an issue in spectating an Arm Wrestling match where the Arm Wrestling animations would not show correctly.
•Fixed an issue where spectators could receive incorrect messages regarding the number of spectating spaces available in a session despite there being enough room.
•Fixed an issue where players were able to spectate a friend who was already spectating someone else.
•Fixed an issue where the spectator followed the incorrect player after a game of Darts.
•Fixed an issue where the player camera could clip through the roof when spectating a player entering the Shooting Range corona.
•Fixed an issue where the spectator camera would lose player focus when players switched ends in a game of Tennis.
•Fixed an issue where a spectator would see all players on a Playlist intersecting one another when moving between Jobs.
•Fixed an issue with severe texture detail issues when spectating a player riding the train.
•Fixed an issue where a spectator leaving a session while two players are spectating the same player can cause the player who is leaving to flash up as an option to spectate.
•Players can now view remote player’s Gamer Cards whilst spectating.
•The Spectator list, Leaderboard, and Next Job Voting Screen no longer overlap.
•Fixed an issue where when players who were being spectated finished a Race the spectators were instantly moved to an Alert screen instead of being moved to spectate another player in the Race.
•Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in Skycam when attempting to quit Survival from the spectator camera.
•Fixed an issue where it was possible to become stuck when attempting to spectate a player in an Arm Wrestling corona lobby.
•Numerous fixes for when players could become stuck using the Spectate function.
•Players who joined a job too late and then select to spectate no longer receive a bad sport increment for leaving early.

Exploit Fixes
•Fixed an exploit where players were able to maximize their stats illegitimately.
•Fixed an exploit where players could launch cars into the air by driving into gates.
•Fixed several exploits where players were able to duplicate Personal Vehicles.
•Fixed an exploit where a certain vehicle was invulnerable to bullets.
•Fixed an exploit where players could attack an Armored Truck and gain cash without gaining a wanted level.
•Fixed an exploit where players could repeat the same Bounty multiple times.
•Fixed several exploits where players were able to make themselves invisible.
•Fixed an exploit where players were able to add any vehicle to their Garage.
•Fixed an exploit where players could become invincible
•Fixed an exploit where players could bring cars from Single Player to Online.
•Fixed an exploit where NPCs would not react when nearby NPCs were being pistol-whipped.

E92 M3

Waaaaah. Just play the game or don't, you're not going to be able to get money like that again.

"I've tried to get back into this game but I don't like the game parts, what do?"

There is lots of co-op content, they're called "contact missions" on the phone. Great fun stuff. But if you're not enjoying the other bits I'm not seeing how you'll like this too.

You always break my balls over this, but like I've said before. Messing around with people and doing random stuff in free roam is the only fun part for me. That's just me. I'm sure there will be another exploit around, just a matter of time.

Man what to do...just when I thought I was content with my garage....they release all these dang vehicles...I may have to try the 6 wheeler, out of principle and my love of off roading in the game. GAH why must this week be so dang busy for me :(

Your best bet is to find a friend or two, do parachuting/races over and over, from the voting screen after a job. You won't get a ton of money for each event, but in an hour you should develop a decent deal of money. Do this, plus selling cars - normal, Simeon text cars, and High Priority Vehicles - and you'll be able to easily make over 100k in a night. Heck, with the right lobby, you can make up to 30-50k in less than 15 minutes if you don't have jerks killing you, and you can spot cars easily enough.

Other people have answered, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring too. All missions can be done with friends. If there any that say the mission requires 2 people, those are "versus" missions, and one team will have to lose. Stick with the ones that say "1-XX players", that way everyone is going to the same goal, and everyone gets money.

That's really slow lol - I guess the dogma R* laid out for this game isn't for me.

That's really slow lol - I guess the dogma R* laid out for this game isn't for me.
Oh yea, it's slow all right. Nothing in this game is supposed to be a "quick buck". You gotta work for what you want. But putting all that time in makes actually buying those purchases *that* much sweeter. You could also buy some shark cards to help speed things along. I've bought a few, but I think I am done with them unless there is some stupid crazy discounted sale.

Edit:

Would like to go on record to say I am loving all these updates they are doing. My only beef is this one, which I hope was "fixed", but not really fixed, like those armored trucks :D But:

•Fixed an exploit where players could launch cars into the air by driving into gates.

D: Hilarious, and fairly harmless, but I could see it causing problems if enough people complained about it.

Top Bottom