• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Wolfe

Let's take a quick second though, and talk about that minimap. More like, how bout dem upgrades! Feels like it shows slightly more, but if it doesn't, the player recognition is so awesome. Can get a little cramped at times, but man it really helps telling people apart. Great upgrade there.

Yeah I always hated wondering who a particular dot was and having to pause and enter the full map just to check the name, definitely a much welcome and appreciated addition.

CheezyMac88

How long does it take for my emblem to appear in-game?

4lzdF5N.png

How long does it take for my emblem to appear in-game?
Ha! That's awesome, nice work! I think it's pretty quick, as long as it's for your own crew. If it's the Gaf crew, I think only the leader and one rank under them can change it. I've been meaning to update the Gaf logo some. I did some very elaborate emblems for Metal Gear Online, and I'd love to give it another go.

I'm going to be signing online here shortly, if anyone is down!

CheezyMac88

Ha! That's awesome, nice work! I think it's pretty quick, as long as it's for your own crew. If it's the Gaf crew, I think only the leader and one rank under them can change it. I've been meaning to update the Gaf logo some. I did some very elaborate emblems for Metal Gear Online, and I'd love to give it another go.

I'm going to be signing online here shortly, if anyone is down!

Edit:Nevermind

Grinchy

Banned
I decided to just join the IGN crew since it's so huge. It helped a lot with getting jobs started. It's still not perfect and there is still a ton of waiting around, but tonight was the only fun I've had with GTA Online.

Razakin

Playing with GAFfers gave me laughters instantly, that poor car owner who decided to hit War3zx's car. :D

And then me running half of the mountain up while noone was even racing with me on improptu race. Damn firetrucks having no power to climb hills.

I decided to just join the IGN crew since it's so huge. It helped a lot with getting jobs started. It's still not perfect and there is still a ton of waiting around, but tonight was the only fun I've had with GTA Online.
Aw no! That's a good bet though, I just saw they have over 800k members. Insane. Well I have a feelin the crew will spring back to life. When it does, your spot will be nice and toasty for yas.
toasty from being in hell you traitorous dog!
:D
Playing with GAFfers gave me laughters instantly, that poor car owner who decided to hit War3zx's car. :D

And then me running half of the mountain up while noone was even racing with me on improptu race. Damn firetrucks having no power to climb hills.
Lol no. Loved that emergency vehicle rave. Shame I couldn't get a police car quickly enough.

Grinchy

Banned
Aw no! That's a good bet though, I just saw they have over 800k members. Insane. Well I have a feelin the crew will spring back to life. When it does, your spot will be nice and toasty for yas.
toasty from being in hell you traitorous dog!
:D

lol yeah the first thing I searched for was neogaf and I saw that the crew had some members, but that 800k was too tempting. Even with 800k it's not guaranteed to find a lot of people for a game, though. I'll never understand why R* set the online up this way. It's such a chore to play the really cool modes they created.

lol yeah the first thing I searched for was neogaf and I saw that the crew had some members, but that 800k was too tempting. Even with 800k it's not guaranteed to find a lot of people for a game, though. I'll never understand why R* set the online up this way. It's such a chore to play the really cool modes they created.
True, those 800k'ers might all be a bunch o jerks, but still, your chances are FAAARRRR greater of finding consistent action now are much, much greater. If they could just speed things up, like loading and match making, just a little bit, that would be a big improvement, and would surely have more people in each game. But who knows if that is even possible.

Grinchy

Banned
The online for this game has gotten so awesome now that I can get into jobs. I've been playing the shit out of it lately. I dropped $500k on that Turismo car. Don't regret it at all haha.

I've just had some crazy little free roam experiences too. Like me and a random guy will just end up fucking with each other for no reason. He'll come back at me in an attack chopper, I'll try to snipe him out of it, shit like that. Then we suddenly end up just joining forces and fucking with cops or other people. It's so fun.

The online for this game has gotten so awesome now that I can get into jobs. I've been playing the shit out of it lately. I dropped $500k on that Turismo car. Don't regret it at all haha.

I've just had some crazy little free roam experiences too. Like me and a random guy will just end up fucking with each other for no reason. He'll come back at me in an attack chopper, I'll try to snipe him out of it, shit like that. Then we suddenly end up just joining forces and fucking with cops or other people. It's so fun.
When you say "get in to jobs", do you mean with full lobbies? Or are you partaking in large crew lobbies?

In any case, the pure randomness is probably the best part of this game. I can't wait for youtube to become littered with hilarious video directly captured from the next gens.

Grinchy

Banned
When you say "get in to jobs", do you mean with full lobbies? Or are you partaking in large crew lobbies?

In any case, the pure randomness is probably the best part of this game. I can't wait for youtube to become littered with hilarious video directly captured from the next gens.

Yeah I just meant that now I can do jobs because I can actually get people to join.

But yeah playing this game in free roam the past few days has made me miss the PS4 share feature so much. Just being able to press a button when something cool has happened is so awesome. And you can string together a bunch of cool stuff in the share factory app. I can't wait for this to be on PS4.

Wolfe

I dropped $500k on that Turismo car. Don't regret it at all haha.

The Turismo is definitely a fun car, love what they did with the look given how many people were expecting a repeat of the version from GTA4. Awesome sound to it as well, prolly my favorite sounding supercar.

Grinchy

Banned
The Turismo is definitely a fun car, love what they did with the look given how many people were expecting a repeat of the version from GTA4. Awesome sound to it as well, prolly my favorite sounding supercar.

Yeah it sounds so awesome. And I don't see a ton of people using it. I typically see the Zentorno when it comes to people using the supercars. So I'm happy with it. I love driving it through tunnels and hearing its sound echoed everywhere.

Grinchy

Banned
The other day I just put sticky bombs on all the helicopters in that one area towards the south part of the map. People go to those all the time. Then I waited and got two people at the same time who went and grabbed helicopters to fly around with each other lol.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The other day I just put sticky bombs on all the helicopters in that one area towards the south part of the map. People go to those all the time. Then I waited and got two people at the same time who went and grabbed helicopters to fly around with each other lol.

Love it :D being a superdouche is the best part of GTA:O

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Where is that? I want a piece of that action!

Grinchy

Banned
helisc4jm4.jpg

It's this little area in the red circle. That's the beach on the left with the street where the masks are sold.

Another thing that's kinda fun to do is to take one of the helicopters and fly to a nearby roof to snipe people who are going after a quick helicopter.

CaptNink

helisc4jm4.jpg

It's this little area in the red circle. That's the beach on the left with the street where the masks are sold.

Another thing that's kinda fun to do is to take one of the helicopters and fly to a nearby roof to snipe people who are going after a quick helicopter.

Sweet - thanks!

AmyS

Just a little bit OT

I am so confident in R*'s ability & talent that I have little doubt they will make Grand Theft Auto 7 on next generation systems, namely PS5, make the following rendered, fake GTAV "gameplay" videos look like steaming piles of dog shit.

http://youtu.be/H5qnoJ5FR_w
http://youtu.be/NiFyFrAmW1w

GTA7 should have better graphics, similar frame rate (at least on future PCs) and 4K Ultra HD resolution instead of the 720p the videos were uploaded as.

Heck, GTAV on PC will already almost be there on that level, and with community mods over the next year or two, probably surpass that CG in most aspects.

R* proves again & again they are the best in the business at what they do -- Unlike a certain other company that recently released a game that takes place in the Windy City.

Such hilariously evil helicopter plans....when I am having my very vengeful days I just may do that.

One of my favorite things I used to do dealt with High Priority Vehicles (green cars on mini map). As I would be drawing closer to one, I'd go off the radar. Depending on the main road leading in to the car, I would find a place to discreetely place a sicky mine somewhere on the car, then drive off before appearing back on the radar. Then I wait, and feel the evil seeping in to my pores.

On the flip, one time I had a buddy get back at someone pretty great by lining the driveway to the garage door at Simeon's with stickies. This was after someone I'd been cruising with decided to backstab me and steal the car, while blowing up my car so I couldn't give chase. My buddy hid on the roof, off the radar, and waited for the person to stop right there, waiting for the garage door to open. Uproarious laughter went on for minutes as I sped in there to pick up my friend and make a hasty getaway.

Grinchy

Banned
^hahaha I need to try that with the high priority vehicle next time

Do people often ignore those? The other day I went and grabbed one, then drove it to the drop off with on one ever coming near me. It was an easy $15k. It was a full server too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
^hahaha I need to try that with the high priority vehicle next time

Do people often ignore those? The other day I went and grabbed one, then drove it to the drop off with on one ever coming near me. It was an easy $15k. It was a full server too.

Depends on the server I guess. If I ever see it I am 100% trying to kill whoever gets it because that can be really really fun as beans attests to above. Those kinds of stories are what make GTA great, and they depend very much on the players that are in the room. Some people are malicious jerks, but I'll never mind some good natured or inventive ways that I'm murdered, and I hope people feel the same when I do it to them.

CaptNink

I was tricked on the weekend by a group who somehow stuck the priority vehicle in the Los Santos Customs garage. I went to get it and couldn't figure out where I was. Next thing I knew, a car drove up and AMBUSH!

It was great fun.

Grinchy

Banned
Depends on the server I guess. If I ever see it I am 100% trying to kill whoever gets it because that can be really really fun as beans attests to above. Those kinds of stories are what make GTA great, and they depend very much on the players that are in the room. Some people are malicious jerks, but I'll never mind some good natured or inventive ways that I'm murdered, and I hope people feel the same when I do it to them.

Yeah I love some good natured ball-busting too. I can't wait to play this online with PS4 so I can record the craziness that goes on. I can tell that other people like to mess around too because a lot of the people I get into deathmatch wars with end up on my friends list.

Yea I always go after those green cars. Those, plus a car from Simeon's text, plus a normal car to sell can net 30k in minutes.

If someone is just chasing me and harassing me, they screw the hell off. But I have someone in a Lazer missiling me as I'm driving down the highway, or some other inventive was aside from a simple easy method, I always get a kick out of those. I know they do, too, because I'm sure they hear me laughing my ass off and saying 'good job' during the kill screen. Creativity is the name is this game!

How do you guys find cars from Simeon's text? I can spend 30min looking and never come across a single one.

Honestly, I usually just end up jacking a car and getting two stars paying no attention to Simeon's texts. The GTAV Wiki has the common spawning spots for cars in Online, though.

Tigress

Honestly, I usually just end up jacking a car and getting two stars paying no attention to Simeon's texts. The GTAV Wiki has the common spawning spots for cars in Online, though.

Probably cause you aren't being picky about which car on the list to pick up (I try to always go for the ones that will get me at least 8k or more).

Wolfe

My problem with Simeons texts is that I never get them anymore. I've gotten one maybe twice in the last 2-3 weeks when I used to get them daily.

MisterHero

I haven't played in a while thanks to the "return" of Dungeon Fighter (one of my all-time favorites), but I might return in a few days or so. Nice to see a somewhat substantial update.

=( @ Coveted nerf

The Light

The wiki link helped out a ton and seem to find them easily now.
Also is the stock market ever going to be available for multiplayer?

How do you guys find cars from Simeon's text? I can spend 30min looking and never come across a single one.
Like Stormtrooper, I know what the cars look like, but I don't know their locations. I usually just drive around for a while. I'll eventually find one on the list, and depnding on how much work I feel like putting in, I'll take it and look for a better one, or just deliver it.
I'll scope this when I am not at work, good link. I never really believed in "locations" for certain cars, since usually the cars have cycles, and I've seen just about anything and everything everywhere on the map. When certain cycles are going on, I know which cars won't spawn, but there are several exceptions to this. Not sure if those rarer vehicles would spawn out of cycle for those text messages.

On a side note, anyone that *was* stealing gang cars by Grove Street to sell...are you having any luck? I have not found a single one in days and days. Literal days, not just in game. I have had zero luck with any of the locations :(

Razakin

On a side note, anyone that *was* stealing gang cars by Grove Street to sell...are you having any luck? I have not found a single one in days and days. Literal days, not just in game. I have had zero luck with any of the locations :(
I've had some luck with them lately, but I usually do check them when I'm finishing my playsession or waiting for some random mission invites. Though, all depends how chaotic the current players are on the map.

And I bloody suck at finding the cars for Simeon, and knowing which is which, probably only ones I can easily recognize are Patriot and FQ 2. Would probably make things easier if the car spawning would randomize the cars and not show all the time the 3-4 same cars. And was it so that you can't save cars you know Simeon wants with his TXT's in your garage so you don't need to look for them?

Mistel

Banned
I'll scope this when I am not at work, good link. I never really believed in "locations" for certain cars, since usually the cars have cycles, and I've seen just about anything and everything everywhere on the map. When certain cycles are going on, I know which cars won't spawn, but there are several exceptions to this. Not sure if those rarer vehicles would spawn out of cycle for those text messages.

Everything has a spawn more or less as far as I'm aware it just doesn't quite seem to be able to get what you want easily. As for gang cars I usually get the ones by the oil derricks rather easily much more so than Grove Street.
And was it so that you can't save cars you know Simeon wants with his TXT's in your garage so you don't need to look for them?
Previously Simeon cars that you owned would get you an automatic wanted level for exiting your garage even though it was an owned vehicle.

Top Bottom