• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Sometimes, it'll take a while to propagate mission changes.

Otherwise this is an awesome new update.
Nice old cars and some new beards too. Woot!
Not to mention all the new clothing options, too. Over 170 articles of new clothing! With all these beard upgrades, it finally makes me slightly jealous, because I am using a female character. I'll have to deal, and leave my lumberjacking manly men to my SP experiences.

This is one great update.

E92 M3

Oh yea, it's slow all right. Nothing in this game is supposed to be a "quick buck". You gotta work for what you want. But putting all that time in makes actually buying those purchases *that* much sweeter. You could also buy some shark cards to help speed things along. I've bought a few, but I think I am done with them unless there is some stupid crazy discounted sale.

Edit:

Would like to go on record to say I am loving all these updates they are doing. My only beef is this one, which I hope was "fixed", but not really fixed, like those armored trucks :D But:

•Fixed an exploit where players could launch cars into the air by driving into gates.

D: Hilarious, and fairly harmless, but I could see it causing problems if enough people complained about it.

Well, I don't want to work for anything because my game time is limited and there are a lot of other titles that I'd like to play. My favorite thing is to just drive around and get people mad - nothing entertains me more than when someone gets so mad they always chase and try to kill me. That's what GTA is for me. When I used to play on SAMP (cops n' robbers server) I'd rob a dude for 300k and he get so pissed it. I'd transfer the money to my friend and even if I was killed or robbed money would be gone. That's GTA for me.

Well, I don't want to work for anything because my game time is limited and there are a lot of other titles that I'd like to play. My favorite thing is to just drive around and get people mad - nothing entertains me more than when someone gets so mad they always chase and try to kill me. That's what GTA is for me. When I used to play on SAMP (cops n' robbers server) I'd rob a dude for 300k and he get so pissed it. I'd transfer the money to my friend and even if I was killed or robbed money would be gone. That's GTA for me.
I couldn't agree more, actually. 90% of my time online now is in free roam. Chasing, or getting chased, or setting up elaborate traps are what make the game great. A shame that ya gotta go through the mess to get to that point, but then one or two nights of studious work could fuel your fun for a while. Providing you do't want/need any new cars! If we could steal 300k from people...that'd be some shit starting right there, especially considering how money is made in the game.

Wolfe

Well I mean it's not like you can't still do that stuff (get people mad or whatever) without having millions of dollars in GTA bucks. It's easy enough to sell a quick gang car or whatever to supply enough money for ammo or new DLC weapons. And it's not as though you can't compete firepower wise since the DLC weapons don't have any level requirement.

Plus there's multiple free cars that are competitive performance wise, of course upgrading them costs a bit I won't deny that.

Limited amount of time aside, there are still relatively quick-ish ways to make money, and then you can save that money to do all your upgrades. Or do them one at a time. But working at it like that should give you some accomplishment. Then once it's done, you know you'll have it forever, or until you get bored of it. but then you can use that to wreck havok around town, and to repeat the whole process. If you have spare space in your garage, but a bunch of the high dollar cars to sell in the empty spots. That way you don't have to hunt for easy cash when you can sell a car.

On a side note...anyone tried that 6 wheeler yet? I am stuck at work for another hour or two, trying to maximize my time when I get online tonight. Is it a pegasus vehicle, or do you store it in your garage?

Wolfe

On a side note...anyone tried that 6 wheeler yet? I am stuck at work for another hour or two, trying to maximize my time when I get online tonight. Is it a pegasus vehicle, or do you store it in your garage?

You buy it through the warstock site but it is stored in your garage (thing is huge too, you can't even walk between the back of it and the wall it's so big lol). It's 250k online and I haven't upgraded mine at all yet due to running out of money. Haven't touched the new clothes/masks yet either aside from a new jacket and pair of pants.

Although while I haven't upgraded it online I did fully upgrade one in SP to mess around with and the thing is a fucking beast, might be better offroader than the sandking no joke.

You buy it through the warstock site but it is stored in your garage (thing is huge too, you can't even walk between the back of it and the wall it's so big lol). It's 250k online and I haven't upgraded mine at all yet due to running out of money. Haven't touched the new clothes/masks yet either aside from a new jacket and pair of pants.

Although while I haven't upgraded it online I did fully upgrade one in SP to mess around with and the thing is a fucking beast, might be better offroader than the sandking no joke.
That sounds so great. Thanks. Just booting it up now, can't wait to mess with it

Edit:

OH my GOD I love these new horns. Especially the loop. That's going on alll my cars. 6x6 is beastly all right, but the Sand King beats it in one category- the Sand King can drive over cars. Monster truck style. 6x6 can't seem to do that..

Tigress

Heh, you're the kind of player I hate. But unfortunately for you, I've that I'm not going to get back at you and me getting mad is what you want so there's really no point in even yelling at you or doing anything with you (I realize that's what you want so there's really nothing I can do against you). So if you persist in annoying me, I usually just leave the server and find another one (or just go to a friends only server). No point in me getting frustrated over some one who can't find a better target to annoy.

And honestly, I would rather play with people who want everyone to have fun, not have fun at my expense. I mean I don't mind getting in a firefight if I'm in the mood. But I really dislike it when it's obvious that's not what I want to do (usually I just try to get away and I don't fight back) and they keep on persisting on killing me (at that point it's just obvious their fun is to see how obnoxious they can be to me and why in the world would I want to play with some one whose fun is trolling me?).

Players like you are the reason I wish they'd let me actually just kick you into the "bad player's" server or at least off the server I'm on (like give me a chance to say kick off if you kill me three times in a row without me killing you back. That way if you are playing against a friend hopefully your friends are nice enough to not do that and if not, if you really want to play with each other you'll find a way to get back together. But if you want to troll a stranger where the feeling isn't mutual, you should face some sort of risk of it going back on you instead imho. And three times is enough for some one to figure out if the person is wanting to play that way or if you are annoying them).

I pretty much agree, I am Not a fan of people consistently harassing me. Every now and then I'll get in that magical server where I find a group of ten people or so just horsing around. Udrive up and join the fun. And it's bliss, the random camraderie. Sure the mayhem is fun once and a while, but there is a limit.

Also....am I crazy....or did they do something graphically to the game? I can't describe it...the game just looks different...slightly better...but nothing super major I can put my finger on. Or maybe it's been many days since I last visited LS...and maybe it impresses me each time I come back? Either way I'm happy :D

Wolfe

I pretty much agree, I am Not a fan of people consistently harassing me. Every now and then I'll get in that magical server where I find a group of ten people or so just horsing around. Udrive up and join the fun. And it's bliss, the random camraderie. Sure the mayhem is fun once and a while, but there is a limit.

Also....am I crazy....or did they do something graphically to the game? I can't describe it...the game just looks different...slightly better...but nothing super major I can put my finger on. Or maybe it's been many days since I last visited LS...and maybe it impresses me each time I come back? Either way I'm happy :D

Just watch the PS4 GTA5 vid a few times and it'll knock the current gen one back down a few notches lol.

Tigress

Well, I'd ask if you wanted to add me as a friend (I'd love to have some one who wants to horse around with) except I don't have it right now (sold my PS3 copy to target and trying to hold off on getting it until the PS4 one comes out). So I can't really tell you if the game got better.

But, if you are getting the PS4 copy and want some one to play with who would love to horse around, I'm game (hell, I might cave and rebuy the ps3 copy, I'm pretty sure I can get it for under 25 bux on ebay and with how much Target gave me it would still make buying the PS4 copy worth it. I'd go for the xbox copy cause they go for cheaper except I don't have LIve Gold and I definitely want to wait to replay single player until I get my PS4 copy).

E92 M3

Heh, you're the kind of player I hate.

You judge me based on little evidence. While I do enjoy messing around, I also said it's fun when the other person engages in combat too. If I see someone doesn't want a shootout or whatever, I leave em alone. I'm not some devious troll, but on the same hand I'm used to playing GTA mp very mischievously. And that's since san andreas mp on pc.

I've played with people from here and we laughed for hours. In general im a pvp type of guy.

Tigress

You judge me based on little evidence. While I do enjoy messing around, I also said it's fun when the other person engages in combat too. If I see someone doesn't want a shootout or whatever, I leave em alone. I'm not some devious troll, but on the same hand I'm used to playing GTA mp very mischievously. And that's since san andreas mp on pc.

I've played with people from here and we laughed for hours. In general im a pvp type of guy.

I was going by what you said here:
My favorite thing is to just drive around and get people mad - nothing entertains me more than when someone gets so mad they always chase and try to kill me. That's what GTA is for me. When I used to play on SAMP (cops n' robbers server) I'd rob a dude for 300k and he get so pissed it.

Which makes it sound like you just enjoy pissing off other people (not getting them in firefights if they want to get in firefights, but actively angering them).

I'm fine with you if you leave me alone when it's obvious I'm not in the mood, but from what you said there, I got the impression part of the fun for you is to annoy the other person (and there are plenty of players like that on GTA who the fun is making the other person miserable). Not engage them in a firefight. Especially when you are gloating about getting the other guy "so pissed".

Though honestly I've learned to do the stuff I prefer to do without being trolled while on a "friend's only" server or a by myself server and then only go on MP when I don't mind getting in shootouts.

Though I would really love to find people who just want to horse around (and by that I mean go do silly stuff, not just shoot at each other. Been watching this one guy's videos where they play human darts by trying to see if they can land on cars or bowling with cars using a cargo helicopter and a target. Stuff like that. Or the video I saw where they did a demolition derby on top of the tallest skyscraper. Hell, one of my favorite memories from GTA was when me and some random players decided to see how many people could fit on the bus and tried to convince everyone on the server to get on the bus. Unfortunately we failed as one or two player thougt it would be more fun to blow us up and continiously derail us from our goal). Honestly, if people stopped always just trying to shoot each other, there's many creative funny things you can do on GTA besides just shoot each other. But it always seems to be just shooting at each other.

E92 M3

I was going by what you said here:

Which makes it sound like you just enjoy pissing off other people (not getting them in firefights if they want to get in firefights, but actively angering them).

I'm fine with you if you leave me alone when it's obvious I'm not in the mood, but from what you said there, I got the impression part of the fun for you is to annoy the other person (and there are plenty of players like that on GTA who the fun is making the other person miserable). Not engage them in a firefight. Especially when you are gloating about getting the other guy "so pissed".

Though honestly I've learned to do the stuff I prefer to do without being trolled while on a "friend's only" server or a by myself server and then only go on MP when I don't mind getting in shootouts.

Though I would really love to find people who just want to horse around (and by that I mean go do silly stuff, not just shoot at each other. Been watching this one guy's videos where they play human darts by trying to see if they can land on cars or bowling with cars using a cargo helicopter and a target. Stuff like that. Or the video I saw where they did a demolition derby on top of the tallest skyscraper. Hell, one of my favorite memories from GTA was when me and some random players decided to see how many people could fit on the bus and tried to convince everyone on the server to get on the bus. Unfortunately we failed as one or two player thougt it would be more fun to blow us up and continiously derail us from our goal). Honestly, if people stopped always just trying to shoot each other, there's many creative funny things you can do on GTA besides just shoot each other. But it always seems to be just shooting at each other.

It's a fair misunderstanding.

When it comes to horsing around nothing beats Crackdown Keys to the City mode. In GTA I enjoyed attaching a tank to a helicopter and flying around...but then again it devolves into shooting lol. I do enjoy demolition derby and that type of stuff, dog fights, and airplane shenanigans. In fact, I love to mess around with the airplanes and at the airport.

I noticed it too, I saw a few peds I never noticed before- there seems to be more around and the mechanic seems a bit faster too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You always break my balls over this, but like I've said before. Messing around with people and doing random stuff in free roam is the only fun part for me. That's just me. I'm sure there will be another exploit around, just a matter of time.

That's really slow lol - I guess the dogma R* laid out for this game isn't for me.

As long as you keep bitchin, I'll keep taking the piss :p

I get you, I probably spend 80% of my time doing police chases or being a sueprdouche in free roam, but it's still fun to do races and contact missions and Survivals and all that other stuff. Get paid, get back into it. Not to mention the good money you can make from bounties and selling cars.

Asking how to shortcut to free money is like going into a CoD thread and asking how you can immediately be level 55. It defeats the purpose of everything.

E92 M3

As long as you keep bitchin, I'll keep taking the piss :p

I get you, I probably spend 80% of my time doing police chases or being a sueprdouche in free roam, but it's still fun to do races and contact missions and Survivals and all that other stuff. Get paid, get back into it. Not to mention the good money you can make from bounties and selling cars.

Asking how to shortcut to free money is like going into a CoD thread and asking how you can immediately be level 55. It defeats the purpose of everything.

I'd agree with you, but the whole problem stems from the fact that all of the other activities seem like a chore to me. GTA needs a matchmaking system, where is fluid transitions between games and finding people doesn't take minutes but seconds. There is too much wait time between games and the rewards are subpar. It doesn't feel fulfilling to play. In terms of COD (at least 4 and MW2) the core of the game was fun (shooting) and I actually didn't care about leveling and only prestiged once.

I will give you races, though - they can be fun. But then again we run into problems that the setup period takes way too long. If GTA had matchmaking like COD or Halo you'd probably hear a lot less bitching from me.

plainr_

INrgraL.jpg

It's so cuuuute.

Just watch the PS4 GTA5 vid a few times and it'll knock the current gen one back down a few notches lol.
Hmmm...nope..not doing anything! To me it almost looks like the lighting got some changes. I dunno. I think I'm crazy...buuut...
I noticed it too, I saw a few peds I never noticed before- there seems to be more around and the mechanic seems a bit faster too.
...then I see things like this. I also noticed a few other peds. I know R* updates in gamne advertisements and websites frequently, so I guess updating npc's clothing should be too difficult...maybe? Regardless, I'm sure there are some changes afoot that even we, the all knowing gaming public, don't know about.
Well, I'd ask if you wanted to add me as a friend (I'd love to have some one who wants to horse around with) except I don't have it right now (sold my PS3 copy to target and trying to hold off on getting it until the PS4 one comes out). So I can't really tell you if the game got better.

But, if you are getting the PS4 copy and want some one to play with who would love to horse around, I'm game (hell, I might cave and rebuy the ps3 copy, I'm pretty sure I can get it for under 25 bux on ebay and with how much Target gave me it would still make buying the PS4 copy worth it. I'd go for the xbox copy cause they go for cheaper except I don't have LIve Gold and I definitely want to wait to replay single player until I get my PS4 copy).
I am totally buying it for PS4. Midnight launch. And it will take some willpower to *not* take time off for it like I did for the PS3 version. I've already put hundreds of hours into the game....but I just love it so much....ahhhhhh that's still month away. But yea, let's be friends! I sent ya a FR. Also, if you want, and also if you haven't already, go to the Social Club page, create an account and send me a PM/FR on their too. From there I'll send you an invite to the crew. For now I imagine the PS3/PS4 crew will be one and the same, since the ps3 crew is getting smaller by the week. The next gen jump should really get the crew lively again, I hope. Even if you don't want to play with crew members all the time, or if you are in another crew as your main, no biggie, but you *can* be in up to 5 at a time, so why not :D

This offer extends to all PS3/future PS4 players, too. Send me a PM on here, or FR on PSN (BaronVonBeans), and we'll get things started early. All PS3 GTAGaffers are welcome to join the crew if you like, no pressure to join or to play, if you do join. I just know big crew sessions of horsing around are awesome. One time I found myself in a lobby, the only person that wasn't in the crew everyone else was in. 15 people in the same crew and me. It was a BLAST. Rolling down the city streets with 8-10 sport bikes across all the lanes, caravans of BF Injections, stunting, and so much more. One day, the Gaf crew will be like that!
I hope ;_;

Wolfe

Hmmm...nope..not doing anything! To me it almost looks like the lighting got some changes.

Well it had the opposite effect for me. I've always thought (and still do) that the game looks great, one of the best looking on PS3/360. But after seeing the PS4 version in action, man it looks so bland in comparison lol.

Can't wait to get it on PS4 but it saddens me at the same time considering I can't play online unless I pay for a PS+ sub. I totally understand it's a great value for a lot of people but after paying for Live for 10 years I'm over online subs. Here's to hoping I can find one for a large discount when the time comes.

OgaKratos

Can't wait to get it on PS4 but it saddens me at the same time considering I can't play online unless I pay for a PS+ sub. I totally understand it's a great value for a lot of people but after paying for Live for 10 years I'm over online subs. Here's to hoping I can find one for a large discount when the time comes.
Trust me, ps plus is a completely different prospect. I've been paying for ps plus even though it's not a requirement to play online and loving every minute of it. You get 6 free games every month just for being a subscriber (2 vita, 2 ps3 and 2 ps4). You also get great discounts as a plus subscriber when purchasing certain games. Try it, you won't regret it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This offer extends to all PS3/future PS4 players, too. Send me a PM on here, or FR on PSN (BaronVonBeans), and we'll get things started early. All PS3 GTAGaffers are welcome to join the crew if you like, no pressure to join or to play, if you do join. I just know big crew sessions of horsing around are awesome. One time I found myself in a lobby, the only person that wasn't in the crew everyone else was in. 15 people in the same crew and me. It was a BLAST. Rolling down the city streets with 8-10 sport bikes across all the lanes, caravans of BF Injections, stunting, and so much more. One day, the Gaf crew will be like that!
I hope ;_;

I'm still bitter that the GAF crews were such a collasal failure. I'm currently in the upstart NEOG crew (PS3), is anyone else even in this? What's the actual main GAF crew for PS3?

tbh we should have seen the writing on the wall. The original interest in the crews was too massive, 90% of the people that took slots never even posted in these threads. And then of the measley number that did play, most took to bitching about jobs and network issues and yada yada. All of which means that us, the very few remaining players who actually LOVE this game are spread out all over the place.

So yeah, still bitter :p I think the boat was well and truly missed for last gen, and I'm 100% certain that the same thing will happen with the new versions. For some reason, GTA has a very casual and uncommitted audience.

Maaaan....those cars look great! That teeny smart next to the Dump is priceless. I realllly really want to buy that Dump, but that mil is a good bit off. I really want some of the new cars, too. I got the Dubsta 6x6, and while I like it overall, some part of me feels very "meh" about it. It climbs hills awesomely, but I like the bouncy-ness of the suspension of the SandKing & Injection better. The 6x6 can't drive over cars like the SandKing can. BUT, that 6 person seating is pretty great, plus it can ram cars into next week. I've got 2 open garage spaces left. One was going to be that lawnmower hot rod...leaving me one space, but I like having that as a reserve spot for a car to sell. That smart car would look so good sitting next to my Dinka Blista....and then there looks to be an older Nissan 240z looking car too....Ted here has it right...release a third garage Rockstar!! I'm very partial to all my cars, I really like them all, and try to drive them all somewhat regularly. I have my top picks, but I always like to change it up. But for now, The 6x6, the Jester, and the normal Sentinel are on the chopping block. Normal Sentinel is there to have a convertible with a black interior xD My other convertible, the Carbinozzzzare, has that tan interior. If my paint scheme matched it wouldn't be as bad. I like the car too, somewhat Comet-ish, but it gets damaged way too easily, even at 100% armor.
Well it had the opposite effect for me. I've always thought (and still do) that the game looks great, one of the best looking on PS3/360. But after seeing the PS4 version in action, man it looks so bland in comparison lol.

Certain parts of online did appear barren to me actually, too last night. Y'know those times when you are playing, and due to the connection, players, or whatever, there is just NO traffic or anything anywhere? Just buildings, and even then sometimes the loading can be a little slow? I saw it too, you aren't alone. But those money shot moments, the sunrises, sunsets, storms, and super cloudy skies really seemed to pop way more than usual.

As for PS Plus, I can totally understand your pain. I hated buying a Gold sub *just* so I could play Gears. It irked me to no end, and why I played so much on the Sony machine. I've had Plus for close to two years now, and I have to say it's one of the greatest gaming purchases I have done. I have easily gotten over 100 free games, worth over $600. Full games, indies, and PSN downloadables. Yes you pay for PS Plus to play online, but you get free games along with it. PS4, PS3, and Vita games. So if you have the Sony Trifecta of Awesomeness, you will rake in the games. And then you will hate PS Plus, because then the sales come where you can get up to 80% off certain games sometimes. It's madness. Check out Black Friday deals, or other Sony sales. I'm subbed till late 2015, last one I bought was late 2012. I only buy them when they go on sale. I've seen them go as low as 30, then 40, and even deals like buy a year, get 3 free months (which is 17.99). If you wait for those deals you *will* come out a winner. Also, once you get PS Plus, even if you don't own the system they are giving away the free games on, you can still "buy" them, so they are in your download list, in case you do get that system down the road, you will already have a collection of digital games at your disposal.

Can't wait to get online and try the new DLC. Looks like fun! My ps3 and I have been parted for some time :(
I know the feeling. I am just getting some decent time in after almost 2 weeks now of little to no time to play. Still don't have much, but I takes what I can gets.
I'm still bitter that the GAF crews were such a collasal failure. I'm currently in the upstart NEOG crew (PS3), is anyone else even in this? What's the actual main GAF crew for PS3?

tbh we should have seen the writing on the wall. The original interest in the crews was too massive, 90% of the people that took slots never even posted in these threads. And then of the measley number that did play, most took to bitching about jobs and network issues and yada yada. All of which means that us, the very few remaining players who actually LOVE this game are spread out all over the place.

So yeah, still bitter :p I think the boat was well and truly missed for last gen, and I'm 100% certain that the same thing will happen with the new versions. For some reason, GTA has a very casual and uncommitted audience.
Ohhh man, I can go on and on about the crews at launch. The hype to get in was unbelievable. I started out in the Gaf alt crew (NeoGaf the Third - NGTT), and was shortly invited to join the big ranks. Well over 100 people from the initial crew didn't put more than 1 hour in during the first 2-3 weeks. Then they were booted. Since then, the numbers have been dwindling like crazy. As it stands now, the PS3 crew maybe has 2-8 solid recurring players. There have been many new joiners lately, and they are adding to it. But not like we used to have :( Like you said, we have a fair amount of people that play that don't post here. I used to never post here, and just spend all my time playing. Then I started moving up the ranks, and felt it was necessary to start being a more visible here. I don't like taking time out of gaming to check Gaf, because that can be a sinkhole...but it's becoming a little more common for me. Anyhoo...the crew name is Gaming Age Family, NGAF. Do a Social Club search for me (same name, BaronVonBeans) and send me a message/FR there, I'll be sure to send you an invite. I literally just got a message there...but it's gone when I go to my inbox...so if someone here sent me something,...do it again! We can get this crew back up in a powerful standing. Heck, I saw on the crew noticeboard |PHOENIXZERO| posted that NGAF has won over 10,000 fueds. That's rad, though I have *no* idea what counts as a fued online.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ah nice, I just logged into Social Club for the first time in ages and I had an invite already. I'm in baby! GTA is my go-to PS3 game so I'll be on pretty much whenever I have game time (I'm 31 btw so that isn't that often :p).

I play Aim Assist if anyone wanders what lobbies I'm in.

Ted

Maaaan....those cars look great!

That teeny smart next to the Dump is priceless.

Have to concur, great shots both.

I've got 2 open garage spaces left. One was going to be that lawnmower hot rod...leaving me one space, but I like having that as a reserve spot for a car to sell. That smart car would look so good sitting next to my Dinka Blista....and then there looks to be an older Nissan 240z looking car too....Ted here has it right...release a third garage Rockstar!! I'm very partial to all my cars, I really like them all, and try to drive them all somewhat regularly. I have my top picks, but I always like to change it up. But for now, The 6x6, the Jester, and the normal Sentinel are on the chopping block.

Making the choice what to get rid of is hard as hell as well. I'm really OCD about cars so I have sets or themes perhaps would be a better way of putting. Garage one had five sports cars all lined up (three Aston lookalikes, Porsche, new school Corvette) on one side and a Rolls, three supers and a sports classic (the last two supers and the sports classic make up a homage to Lamborghini). Garage two had five pieces of muscle Americana in approximately age order on one side and the other is a mish-mash from a van to a motorbike with a compact, a Futo and a beemer thrown in for good measure. How i'm going to fit the cars I want to buy into those themes without losing some of the mish-mash I just don't know.

Now I have sold a couple (with maybe more to go too) and think I can make enough room to buy the new cars I want BUT selling that Peyote was hard. Properly (SOTC spoiler)
Agro falling
hard. Seriously. :)

I'm just glad R* add garage re-ordering in this update or I'd be in for a dull hour of switching cars.

Ah nice, I just logged into Social Club for the first time in ages and I had an invite already. I'm in baby!

There goes the neighbourhood...

:)

Grinchy

Banned
So, does the matchmaking actually work now

I just tried playing for the first time since it launched. I just don't get this game at all (online).

Is there some way to stop the timer that forces a job to start? Here we are many months later after launch, and I still can't seem to participate in anything with more than 2 or 3 people in it. One guy joins and the stupid thing just starts. How is Top Fun supposed to be good with 2 players? Let me stop the timer and get some more, Rockstar!

edit- I'm trying to really give this online a fair shot but it's just so tedious and boring. Everything you do ends up with minutes of waiting. I have no idea how to make the online in this game fun.

Wolfe

How cool is this thing?! Just look at that crazy suspension (excuse the filter, was too lazy to wait until day time to take the pic and it helped with the visibility).

0_0.jpg

I just tried playing for the first time since it launched. I just don't get this game at all (online).

Is there some way to stop the timer that forces a job to start? Here we are many months later after launch, and I still can't seem to participate in anything with more than 2 or 3 people in it. One guy joins and the stupid thing just starts. How is Top Fun supposed to be good with 2 players? Let me stop the timer and get some more, Rockstar!

edit- I'm trying to really give this online a fair shot but it's just so tedious and boring. Everything you do ends up with minutes of waiting. I have no idea how to make the online in this game fun.
You have to set the matchmaking to closed on the second screen. Sounds dumb, but that stops the timer and let's you start game at your discretion. From there though, you can invite people via bevy of options. Similarly skilled, friends, crews, in the session, and a few more I think. Fun comes from te jobs and screwing around in free roam, but with friends / crew mates. It's way better with others. I enjoy it solo too, but the more people, the crazier things that could happen.

Mastah

Heists update!

For those of you asking about other upcoming GTA Online updates, we have lots more in store coming your way soon. We know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated. We are very sorry for the delay, and are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can. Please know that we are focused as always on making the best possible content for you to play and we are thankful to all of you for your patience, understanding and support. Stay tuned for more information on that as well as lots of other ongoing content updates, enhancements and additions to the world of GTA Online that are on the way.

Grinchy

Banned
You have to set the matchmaking to closed on the second screen. Sounds dumb, but that stops the timer and let's you start game at your discretion. From there though, you can invite people via bevy of options. Similarly skilled, friends, crews, in the session, and a few more I think. Fun comes from te jobs and screwing around in free roam, but with friends / crew mates. It's way better with others. I enjoy it solo too, but the more people, the crazier things that could happen.

I'll definitely try that out. Is it common for people to do it that way? Because every time I've just tried to join a game, it has stuck me in a room with one person (or none). I'm pretty shocked by how consistently it put me in an inactive room. I tried for like 1.5 hours straight earlier and got just about nothing done.

I'll definitely try that out. Is it common for people to do it that way? Because every time I've just tried to join a game, it has stuck me in a room with one person (or none). I'm pretty shocked by how consistently it put me in an inactive room. I tried for like 1.5 hours straight earlier and got just about nothing done.
I know people playing with friends do it that way, since it removes the time limit to start, they can wait for everyone to get there. When I've been struck with the fancy to do random missions/races via the phone quick job, I'm usually stuck in with one or two others, max. I think it's the luck of the draw, really, as you could be joining a game with lots of others at the same time, but I think the luck is more on the bad side with that route. Lately I've found the best way to get full rooms is to play with friends, or on a weekend evening. It's been a while since I've randomed, so it may be different now. This weekend ought to be action packed!

Razakin

Is there some way to stop the timer that forces a job to start? Here we are many months later after launch, and I still can't seem to participate in anything with more than 2 or 3 people in it. One guy joins and the stupid thing just starts. How is Top Fun supposed to be good with 2 players? Let me stop the timer and get some more, Rockstar!.
That's almost as annoying as waiting for more people to hop in and early guys start dropping because host is gonna wait for more people and not starting the game.

And bloody hell with this new update, there goes my money again (and ways to get money fast, though Coveted still seems fast as I tend to snipe everyone).

One thing that bothers me is those outfits you can buy, they still cost a lot even if you have all the clothes already bought earlier. And I don't even want to start with masks, 10k for one? Come on Rockstar, my guy ain't made of money.

MisterNoisy

That's almost as annoying as waiting for more people to hop in and early guys start dropping because host is gonna wait for more people and not starting the game.

And bloody hell with this new update, there goes my money again (and ways to get money fast, though Coveted still seems fast as I tend to snipe everyone).

One thing that bothers me is those outfits you can buy, they still cost a lot even if you have all the clothes already bought earlier. And I don't even want to start with masks, 10k for one? Come on Rockstar, my guy ain't made of money.

Potshot is still pretty fast ($10.5K in 2.5-3 mins), so I'd abuse that until they fuck it up too.

Wolfe

For all the grief people give the changes to Rooftop Rumble I still find it to be near the same amount of time to complete now than it did before. Although it's still a rank 75 mission so if you don't have it unlocked yet that's one thing.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

What Aim style do you play with? It seems there are very few players in Free Aim lobbies.

I'm not sure how you're joining jobs but I always go from the quick job options on the phone, 80% of the time get well populated rooms as well.

Grinchy

Banned
What Aim style do you play with? It seems there are very few players in Free Aim lobbies.

I'm not sure how you're joining jobs but I always go from the quick job options on the phone, 80% of the time get well populated rooms as well.

I was in the aim assist servers the whole time since that's what I was using in single player. I changed it thinking maybe more people were in free aim, but like you said, it was deserted.

And yeah I just use quick job on the phone. The luckiest I've ever been is getting into a room with like 6 people. The host was waiting for more to fill it up and then 4 of them left after 2 minutes of waiting. And that sums up my experience with this game's online lol

Making the choice what to get rid of is hard as hell as well. I'm really OCD about cars so I have sets or themes perhaps would be a better way of putting. Garage one had five sports cars all lined up (three Aston lookalikes, Porsche, new school Corvette) on one side and a Rolls, three supers and a sports classic (the last two supers and the sports classic make up a homage to Lamborghini). Garage two had five pieces of muscle Americana in approximately age order on one side and the other is a mish-mash from a van to a motorbike with a compact, a Futo and a beemer thrown in for good measure. How i'm going to fit the cars I want to buy into those themes without losing some of the mish-mash I just don't know.

I'm just glad R* add garage re-ordering in this update or I'd be in for a dull hour of switching cars.
Oh man. That car switcher would have been a godsend if they thought ahead a little when the High Life update came out. Oh well. I need to do some fine tuning on my layouts, but now it'll be a snap. I have a sports garage, filled with sport bikes and sports cars. Akuma, Double T, Amrican Flag Sanchez (cause it's a bike, the only "outsider"), but then Comet, Feltzer, Massacro, Carbizzonare, Sultan, Jester. I love the sports cars. Other garage has my 3 supers (Cheetah, Entity, Voltic), 3 off roaders (Sandking XL, Dubsta 6x6, BF Injection, sans Sanchez), big block Sabre Turbo, Dinka Blista, and convertible (plain lame Sentinel). The two garages really made me much more aware of it though. Before the only grouping I had was for my love of Porsches, having the Comet and Entity right next to each other. Hell for a while I was considering buying multiple Comets just so I didn't have to keep getting paint jobs...I love those cars..
I guess you pay for the "convenience" of having a quick change option...cause once you start buying a lot of clothes, it can be a little tedious cycling through them all. But I kind of enjoy that though, as I tend to forget about certain clothing items, and the dressing rooms let you do it all in one easy stop.
I was in the aim assist servers the whole time since that's what I was using in single player. I changed it thinking maybe more people were in free aim, but like you said, it was deserted.

And yeah I just use quick job on the phone. The luckiest I've ever been is getting into a room with like 6 people. The host was waiting for more to fill it up and then 4 of them left after 2 minutes of waiting. And that sums up my experience with this game's online lol
The rooms I join aren't that populated, but I mainly do free aim. You get more money for jobs in free aim. At least, I think you do, R* said you would a while back. If you do, it's not much. I'll bounce to where the party is at though. Unless it's a literal war zone with dots surrounding me EVERYWHERE on the minimap, I use the heavy sniper rifle 90% of the time, so even in assisted servers I'm still free aiming :D

Let's take a quick second though, and talk about that minimap. More like, how bout dem upgrades! Feels like it shows slightly more, but if it doesn't, the player recognition is so awesome. Can get a little cramped at times, but man it really helps telling people apart. Great upgrade there.

Top Bottom