• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto Trailer -- MTV News, capture up soon

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I got it through DL.5

12.8 meg Zip file, Quicktime.

It isn't direct feed, so don't expect perfection.

I'd say it's 60 seconds long, shows off some fantastic graphics for a GTA game, all in Los Santos, some one-on-one B-ball!

BuddyC

the trailer is just a collection of the scenes they've been teasing us with for weeks in screens. smart.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Downloading now, damn I haven't been this excited about a trailer in a long time. I haven't been ultra pumped about the game itself at time, but damn if I'm not ready to see this baby in motion.

Thanks

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I got the download to work. Just had to right click and save as.

bjork

Someone mentioned free overnight shipping with a preorder of this game, but not which store was doing this deal. Anyone know?

that was awesome..i cant wait for this game.

i love how all the GTAs have the distinct feel for whatever location thier in.....they always get it perfect

from gta london to liberty city, to vice city...

drivebys on biciclyes.....sweet

Grizzlyjin

That was alright, but it didn't get me pumped like the Vice City trailer did. Still looking forward to the game, but the trailer didn't have much action and they could have picked a faster song, you know?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It probably would have been better if they debuted with the trailer first, then pump the screenshots. But then we wouldn't have all these GTA threads :p

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm just glad it wasn't surveillance video of CJ shooting off camera at nothing in particular.

Now show us Las Venturas, Rockstar.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Grizzlyjin said:
That was alright, but it didn't get me pumped like the Vice City trailer did. Still looking forward to the game, but the trailer didn't have much action and they could have picked a faster song, you know?

I agree. The first Vice City teaster trailer was great - http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gta_vicecity_1.wmv

Hopefully videos showcasing the gameplay improvements are forthcoming in the next few weeks. That was alright, but it doesn't have me foaming at the mouth for the game... yet.

seismologist said:
nice ...2 Live Crew :D

??? where?

you mean NWA?

and also, yea there wasnt much action in the trailer....but I dont think the Rockstar is trying to show all that, we already know about all that, I think it was tryna show off the Feel of the game to show what makes this different from Vice city. Perhaps so people wont think its the same old game with A differernt cit just slapped on it?

peace

PS, aye mooreburg, think u can find the Trailer that had "ran away" as the music?

i really liked that trailer.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Fixed2BeBroken said:
??? where?

you mean NWA?

and also, yea there wasnt much action in the trailer....but I dont think the Rockstar is trying to show all that, we already know about all that, I think it was tryna show off the Feel of the game to show what makes this different from Vice city. Perhaps so people wont think its the same old game with A differernt cit just slapped on it?

peace

PS, aye mooreburg, think u can find the Trailer that had "ran away" as the music?

i really liked that trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gta_vicecity_2.wmv

Another good one.

They need to use gin 'n juice or something in the next railer for SA.

Kuroyume

Banned
The song sucked and the trailer was boring but the graphics look a bit more improved from VC... I like how there was no killing in the clip... bleh

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fixed2BeBroken said:
lol, that would own, or nuthin but a g thing....

i wonder of those 2 songs are on the soundtrack.

Death Row confirmed that those two songs will be in the game

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I love the song, so I was feelin' the vibe.

I thought it was a given that they'd show the drive-by shooting, though. Maybe in a San Fran or Las Venturas trailer, that isn't sanitized for MTV's audience?

hobbitx

That trailer was pretty underwhelming, and MTV gets the first trailer? G4 needs their ass beat. I hope a real serious trailer comes out soon. They should have played one of the Death Row songs instead, the song they played is more of a late night type thing.

damn i really want this game, but the trailer sucks!

they should have released a trailer where people will go "holy shit i want to be that gangsta and bust acap in your ass" and not " WTF was that!"

let´s hope rockstar releases a decent trailer Fast

can't get the MTV one to play. having trouble downloading the edgefile one. any other places have it up yet?

im gonna keep trying in the mean time i guess.

Mooreberg said:
I agree. The first Vice City teaster trailer was great - http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gta_vicecity_1.wmv

This trailer really seems exactly like that one. Both trailers aren't violent and mainly focus on camera panning around the city.

It's basically what I expected since they seem to be hyping it like they did with VC. They weren't kidding when they said the models and animation had improved alot over the previous games though. Definetly looks much smoother than before.

Andy787

Banned
I thought it was a great trailer. Oh no, it's not fast paced! I swear, sometimes I wonder if people even know how to appreciate something unless it's blatantly shoved in your face. I guess it would've been better if it just showed a bunch of people shooting eachother with Limp Bizkit blarring in the background. :rolleyes:

This game is going to be so fucking good.

Grizzlyjin

Andy787 said:
I thought it was a great trailer. Oh no, it's not fast paced! I swear, sometimes I wonder if people even know how to appreciate something unless it's blatantly shoved in your face. I guess it would've been better if it just showed a bunch of people shooting eachother with Limp Bizkit blarring in the background. :rolleyes:

This game is going to be so fucking good.

So your basically saying I have to enjoy the trailer no matter what, thanks for the tip. Some people didn't like it, get over it.

Grizzlyjin

Andy787 said:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying man. Really.

Thats what I basically took it as. If I prefer a fasted paced trailer then thats my personal preference. I don't see why you needed to make such a statement about not being able to appreciate it, its just not the direction I would have taken a trailer for this type of game. Sorry for having different tastes. I'm not trying to make a whole thing about this, I just didn't enjoy think the trailer was that good.

Andy787

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
Thats what I basically took it as. If I prefer a fasted paced trailer then thats my personal preference.
Right. Next time, take what I say as my opinion, thanks.

You know, because I said it.

Top Bottom