• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto Trailer -- MTV News, capture up soon

AniHawk

Andy787 said:
Right. Next time, take what I say as my opinion, thanks.

You know, because I said it.

Andy787 said:
I thought it was a great trailer.

Good!

Andy787 said:
Oh no, it's not fast paced! I swear, sometimes I wonder if people even know how to appreciate something unless it's blatantly shoved in your face. I guess it would've been better if it just showed a bunch of people shooting eachother with Limp Bizkit blarring in the background.

Woops.

Andy787

Banned
You still fail to see that that is my opinion. The whole thing. It doesn't change your opinion, nor am I saying your opinion is wrong or that you should change it.

AniHawk

Andy787 said:
You still fail to see that that is my opinion. The whole thing. It doesn't change your opinion, nor am I saying your opinion is wrong or that you should change it.

No, but you imply that their tastes are lesser than yours because they are different (the whole Limp Bizkit comment). That's why people may've been upset.

Gattsu25

Banned
I like this trailer! Plays how I mostly play the games (mostly non-violent gameplay in a GTA game? impossibleble!)

not everyone plays the games the same, and that's why these games sell so well. while a lot of peole play the games just to see how much carnage they can cause, I play to enjoy the city and not necessarily destroy it. What works for some doesn't work for others, you could say....I think it's because I identify with the characters a bit...enough to not act out of character while driving or otherwise...plus...it takes more skill to avoid pedestrian killings while you're driving at 100 mph :b

weird enough: smashing open people's skulls in rockstar's other game, manhunt, proved to be the only enjoyment I could draw from the game

Socreges

Banned
Andy 787 said:
Well, it's my opinion that you're being a douche.

But hey, that's just my opinion so don't take offense or anything!

I like this trailer! Plays how I mostly play the games (mostly non-violent gameplay in a GTA game? impossibleble!)

not everyone plays the games the same, and that's why these games sell so well. while a lot of peole play the games just to see how much carnage they can cause, I play to enjoy the city and not necessarily destroy it. What works for some doesn't work for others, you could say....I think it's because I identify with the characters a bit...enough to not act out of character while driving or otherwise...plus...it takes more skill to avoid pedestrian killings while you're driving at 100 mph :b
But that's just it. They didn't even show off the city well. Just static environments, for the most part. Like what we'd see in screenshots.

What it did do, however, is give a feel for the atmosphere. Which the screens have already done, but not as well.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That was one sweet little trailer :)))

Loved the vibe, the atmosphere. Rockstar guys are very good at that. Much like the VC trailer, this shows how the city is living, instead of how you get to do the killing. Now if only they could build an on-foot control system that wouldn't feel like a 3rd rate game, things would be even better.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Methinks we have a replacement for the Ray Charles "I can't see shit" pic.

wuzimu.jpg

evil ways

One thing Rockstar should bring back from GTA III & Vice City is the characters skin cheats, I wanna play as that blind Triad guy, the mexicans and any friend JC has, especially the Eazy E look alike.

Ranger X

Even if GAF rule is "If a trailer is not perfect then the game will completely suck" I must say that this one of a hell of a shitty trailer for a fucking great game!!
Can't wait for october 19!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I swear this game is going to sell insane amounts. Sure us CyberWeb Geeks might not like it but from a marketing/presentation standpoint it's doing a brilliant job of going after the right age demographic and presenting the personality of the title.

I actually enjoyed the trailer, it was nothing like the typical video game one. It felt like it was for some random TV Show or one of those "slice of life" spots.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Los Santos map (also, the websites have videos of each part of the city I think, or just a video for the city itself)

642658lossantos.jpg

The red marked areas has some detailed maps when you click on them:

539098lossantos2.jpg

878393lossantos3.jpg

608272lossantos4.jpg

573397lossantos5.jpg

804158lossantos6.jpg

844723lossantos7.jpg

Idlewood?!? CLOSE ENOUGH! REPRESENT BITCHES!

btw, i dont' know if anyone has mentioned this, but the trailer is up at gametrailers.com for those who haven't seen it.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
ganton_bdup.jpg

ganton_grovestreet.jpg

ganton_ogloc.jpg

ganton_sweet.jpg

eastlossantos_basketball.jpg

eastlossantos_pigpen.jpg

eastlossantos_vagos.jpg

Done.

Beautiful Website, every single screen just posted has a story to it. Also, 6 movie clips that show off Los Santos.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
IF YOU SAW A BLACK GANG OF BLACK GANGSTERS COMING TOWARDS YOU, YOU'D LEAVE THE STREETS TOO

Every single screen is pure, unadulterated, woody-producing gaming sex. October 19th cannot get here soon enough. Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

idlewood_ballas.jpg

Holy crap, it's Shaq!!

edit: on the direct download tip, yo

Ranger X

holy shit!!! is this the media blowout or something??? I just been away from here a couple of hours and BOOM!!! i almost had an heart attack here!!!

damn october 19... it's so far away!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say. These guys are knocking shit outta the ballpark like they were born to do it! I've dreamt about games like this, and now it's a reality. BeYAAATCH!

evil ways

http://www.smokeweed.net/gtasanandreastrailer2.zip

I think this has all the footage included in the website, spliced into one clip, but I'm not sure since I'm currently downloading it.

I was watching an Eddie Murphy movie last night on TV and got a funny idea for San Andreas. I thought it would be comedy gold if you could accidentally pick up tranny hookers, but as soon as they get on the car and you park on a spot, you hear Carl Johnson say "Oh shit, you a man?" and the tranny gets out the car running.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I swear this game is going to sell insane amounts. Sure us CyberWeb Geeks might not like it but from a marketing/presentation standpoint it's doing a brilliant job of going after the right age demographic and presenting the personality of the title.

I actually enjoyed the trailer, it was nothing like the typical video game one. It felt like it was for some random TV Show or one of those "slice of life" spots.
Bingo. Some people, coocooned in their shells, who complain about the stupidest things, should wake up and realize that Rockstar is after a very big fish here. The whole urban/hip hop culture is absolutely, ridiculously, huge now, and making a game that can paint what needs to be painted to capture the imagination of that market, is an equivalent of making a solid gold out of nothing.

Now, with a no-bulshit trailer like this, it becomes more than obvious that they know very well what they are doing, and what needs to be done to capture that whole lifestyle and atmosphere the right way. If they end up with the whole package being like that, there's hardly a doubt this would be their best selling game, and not for the petty reasons like which console base expanded more and whatnot.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I' enjoying the website more than the trailer, its just a lot of fun to hear all those little police dispatch calls. We all know this baby is going to sell insane amounts, personally I'm actually liking the urban feel to the game.

Is it just me or does CJ seem like more of a hero than the past 2 character? I was looking at some of the screens and he was walking in the police station alongside an officer. And there are the screens of him wearing a police uniform. Not to mention the little video on the website of him and other police officers shooting at a car. Do you think that CJ can join the police force and hunt down gangs?

His story also doesn't seem as mean spirited as Tommy or the guy from GTA3.

Top Bottom