• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Shit is getting real in here

I marathon'd through almost all of GTA IV this past week, I only have three missions left. I'm... not enjoying it as much as my first go around with it (though I still like it), yet here I am blazing through it at a much faster rate than in 2008 because my hype for V is too much. I'm sure once V comes out I'll never touch IV again.

Woah, that is intense. That would ruin me for GTAV if I played IV a week beforehand.

I went MP3 back to the Episodes and they were virtually unplayable with the jank mechanics.

It's weird, I don't mind the PS2 games that much but IV era are just so slow and clunky.

Theecliff

Banned
I wake up to find this thread is 20 pages longer than when I went to bed... I think we might make it to OT2 before release at this rate!

ONLY 5 DAYS

I only saw the driving one which pretty much confirms how smooth it is and the draw-distance is amazing.

Not looking at anything else.
Wait, there's been leaked videos? Ruh-roh...

Went ahead and Pre-Ordered GTA V off the Microsoft Store to get the free $20. Just gotta go to Gamestop and get my money back since I need to cancel from there now.

I'm so excited for this game, it can not come out soon enough! 5 more days!

Raptomex

Anyone pre-order from Rockstar Warehouse before? I've ordered there before but never pre-ordered a game. I live in the US and I chose the default shipping which they told me was free. I pre-ordered the collector's edition. Will it arrive on release day? Also, GameStop website with default shipping?

Woah, that is intense. That would ruin me for GTAV if I played IV a week beforehand.
And right before starting vanilla IV I played through all of TBoGT. And before that half of Saints Row IV.

It's... one of the benefits of being unemployed, I guess. Plenty of free time to not advance my future in any meaningful or significant way!

I went MP3 back to the Episodes and they were virtually unplayable with the jank mechanics.

It's weird, I don't mind the PS2 games that much but IV era are just so slow and clunky.
I've never played any of the 3D era GTA games, but I can't imagine the mechanics are more fluid than in IV, right? I dunno. Either way, IV definitely sucks in that regard. It's so frustrating to be precise, in just about every area of gameplay (except for driving, which I oddly grew to love after the first five hours or so).

Still, I'm incredibly thankful that V seems to address every mechanic complaint leveled at IV.

red731

My shipment is still waiting for GTAV SE - PREPARING it says, I will kick them I say. Tier 2 country...welp :D

Also am playing TBGT to survive this wait.

I've never played any of the 3D era GTA games, but I can't imagine the mechanics are more fluid than in IV, right? .
As crap as the old controls are, they aren't slow or clunky or unresponsive like IV.

They're fast, inelegant and arcadey in PS2 era. Much better for ease of use even f not ideal.

JoshHood

I'm sure this has been answered many a time before, but will the regular edition still include the customary fold old map? I know the guide has one and the special edition has the blueprint one, but just wondering about the vanilla game.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I'm sure this has been answered many a time before, but will the regular edition still include the customary fold old map? I know the guide has one and the special edition has the blueprint one, but just wondering about the vanilla game.

I would assume.

As crap as the old controls are, they aren't slow or clunky or unresponsive like IV.

They're fast, inelegant and arcadey in PS2 era. Much better for ease of use even f not ideal.
I was so close SO MANY TIMES these past two years (since the debut GTA V trailer) on pulling the trigger and buying San Andreas from XLive, but I know now it's too late. If it was that difficult to convince myself to play what most claim is the benchmark series when IV was my only benchmark, I can only imagine how much less likely it will be that I'll get around to it once V hits.

Still, I've seen enough gameplay videos and read enough articles on it to have a general idea of what the game is like. I just never owned a PS2. And even if I did, there's no way I would have been allowed to buy it at the time, hah.

Raptomex

Yes. I THINK it's been confirmed. But I don't see that ever changing. It's a staple to the series.

Hip Hop

Yup, only saw the one and it looks incredible. Gonna go dark on it now.

Can't wait! They detailed out the Atomic Blimp code is on a slip of paper in the case, if anyone's wondering.

Yeah, looks like you won't have to pre order to get it.

Its in the first print editions. Hate how they advertise "pre order now to receive" when you dont really have to.

MCN

Banned
I've seen enough in that thread to make me even more excited (if that were possible) without spoiling anything.

Also, I dreamed about GTAV last night.

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah, looks like you won't have to pre order to get it.

Its in the first print editions. Hate how they advertise "pre order now to receive" when you dont really have to.

Yeah, I think they do it on purpose to make people think they're getting something cool.

To those that caved in and checked the spoiler thread, you're not making it any easier on the rest of us!

Damn you!
We're not making it easier on ourselves either. I'm going to bed before I end up spoiling anything else. I vow to not click that thread again until I've played the game! I've seen enough to fuel the hype levels past 88 miles per hour and into the future. September 17th, to be precise.

Ciao bellas. Until the morrow, when we'll all be one day closer to the GOTG

jambo

Bachelor party all weekend so for me it's 3 workdays between me and V.

Thursday is almost over for me, then I have Friday at work, Staurday and Sunday at the fiancee's farm and then Monday at work before heading to the midnight launch later that night.

=D

lem0n

I'm staying far away from that spoiler thread. But I have just one thing I need to know... Are there new car engine sounds? Thx

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I went to the bad place... and it was good.

tumblr_mcukedWunp1qd0k7go1_500.gif

Had a peek into the spoiler thread. Bad/good idea. I'm glad the game holds up visually to the trailers they've shown at least (as far as I can tell...).

Pre-load on PSN should be available on Monday, right? I thought the best idea to start the game is to wait till Tuesday morning but I don't think I'll be able to *not* play the game as soon as it's unlocked. ._.

have to line up for special edition because I fucked up by not pre-ordering earlier :(

Hope I actually get it, don't wanna wait at midnight just for regular copy.

Sickbean

LOL. Banhammer falling down strong on this thread overnight I see.

Just about to hand in my holiday form for Tuesday - caved in like the weak man that I am.

burnfout

Not touching the spoiler thread with a ten-foot pole.

I went to back early yesterday to make it thursday sooner. I feel like a 12 year waiting for christmas. It's ridiculous.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
The Spoiler thread DID NOT dissapoint. It's just really short vine vids of gameplay, nothing spoilerish at all. It looks amazing!

Yeah, another guy chiming in to recommend watching the Vine footage. Looks fantastic and entirely spoiler-free footage. Just short gameplay clips, making sure to avoid all story spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom