• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Even framerate? You are mad because we took away your experience of feeling the framerate on your own, instead of us telling people here that both versions are identical so they do not need to switch versions.

What the?...

Funnily enough there are people out there who abhor spoilers and want to experience everything a game has to offer on their own.

I cannot understand why people are talking about the leaked Vine videos in this thread. Now that is fucking stupid. There is a spoiler thread with the specific intent of talking about that stuff, this is supposed to be the 'absolutely no spoilers, let's all go in blind' thread.

So forgive him for thinking logically.

MMaRsu

Wizzbang going off the deep end here mate. I think it's time for an intervention.

If you truly want to know nothing about the game before release I suggest people leave this thread, or maybe the internet.

If you're discussing *ANYTHING* from a leaked copy of the game, you're taking something away from peoples first time playing experience. Why not err on the safe side and keep discussions regarding that, to the thread specifically targeted to that? It's really not difficult.

I may not be moderating this thread but I've come to see this as the "anticipation, holy shit!" and speculation thread, personally.

I think framerate is a major enough issue that it needs to be known, honestly. Multiplat owners need to know performance in a spoiler free environment so that they know which version to buy.

Fellas, how hard is it to err on the side of caution and discuss leaks in leak threads?
GTA means a fucking lot to some of us, like a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=81037033&highlight=#post81037033

Go get some sleep. This post and the other one looks like you are deprived from it.

Funnily enough there are people out there who abhor spoilers and want to experience everything a game has to offer on their own.

I cannot understand why people are talking about the leaked Vine videos in this thread. Now that is fucking stupid. There is a spoiler thread with the specific intent of talking about that stuff, this is supposed to be the 'absolutely no spoilers, let's all go in blind' thread.

So forgive him for thinking logically.

Fine, but I only mentioned the framerate. Nothing more, nothing less. I consider this something that every gamer wants to know, especially if they are debating on whether to get the PS3 or 360 version.

Dabanton

Just booked Tuesday and Wednesday off work.

Also called the Tesco which is 5 minutes away from me and yes, they are doing a midnight launch! (It will be dead there!)

BRING ON TUESDAY MIDNIGHT!

0DMYRxn.gif

What Tesco is it?

I wouldn't pin any bets on any of these places being empty. I've made the mistake of that thinking no one else would be at the supermarkets, out only to turn up and see a long ass line lol.

Macro.

Banned

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Also called the Tesco which is 5 minutes away from me and yes, they are doing a midnight launch! (It will be dead there!)

lol

I went to midnight launch for GTAIV and there was like 100 people there.

Well, unless we get any mod clarification, if there are any multiplat owners that need to know the framerate and don't want to risk the spoiler thread, feel free to PM me.

wizzbang

Banned
lol

I went to midnight launch for GTAIV and there was like 100 people there.

I went to one of the EB Games Melbourne - about 100 people. I did 2 days I think for GTAIV. I'm doing 4 days for GTA5. This time it's a 65" not a 38" and I'm pulling the couch closer to boot. Oh jesus christ TuesdaynnnnnnnggggggggggGGGGGGGGGG

Macro.

Banned
I went to one of the EB Games Melbourne - about 100 people. I did 2 days I think for GTAIV. I'm doing 4 days for GTA5. This time it's a 65" not a 38" and I'm pulling the couch closer to boot. Oh jesus christ TuesdaynnnnnnnggggggggggGGGGGGGGGG

Melbourne, Aus? You guys are lucky, over in the West we get a 8AM store opening, boo!

red731

The hype I sense in you.
yoda_avatar_reasonably_small.jpg

Love it I do.

wizzbang

Banned
Melbourne, Aus? You guys are lucky, over in the West we get a 8AM store opening, boo!

I know man you guys are ROLLED. Shit stays open late here in Melbourne, only way to do it YO.
I'm still bitter as I said earlier though, I mean look yes it's Tuesday 17'th launch and that's fucking AWESOME they are opening midnight but there's something crushing about picking up the game at midnight on a work night, I can't blast that shit. (I don't wanna be an ass to my neighbours) I'd just love to go home on Monday arvo with it instead.

I did secure an EB Games which would price match JB though, only $89 for midnight pickup and less than 800metres from my place.

September 17.

The hype I sense in you.
yoda_avatar_reasonably_small.jpg

Love it I do.

♥
Dude
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=81037033&highlight=#post81037033
IV saved my motherfucking life, almost literally.

Macro.

Banned
I know man you guys are ROLLED. Shit stays open late here in Melbourne, only way to do it YO.
I'm still bitter as I said earlier though, I mean look yes it's Tuesday 17'th launch and that's fucking AWESOME they are opening midnight but there's something crushing about picking up the game at midnight on a work night, I can't blast that shit.

It will be testing, that is for sure. Going to be watching the clock at work on Tuesday.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

BRING ON TUESDAY MIDNIGHT!

Phone local Tesco petrol garages they usually do midnight launches and since most people don't know about them it's usually dead so you can get the game quick and not have to wait in long ass ques.

If you're worried about story spoilers in the leak thread, the vast majority of them don't have anything to do with the story except for a couple that spoil the very beginning. Most of what's been uploaded is free-roam/non mission stuff. Still, there are plenty of surprises even in those. After watching the videos my hype level is unbearable.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
So wait, the frame rate is a spoiler now, but looking at all the screenshots/trailers etc isn't? I haven't watched any of the leaked stuff btw.

5 more days...!

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm not entirely sure what's going on, we cannot discuss technical performance like framerate in this thread? Where should we go then, provided people don't want to be confronted with actual video spoilers in the other thread?

Xanadu

Banned

jaggy heaven!!!!!

snoopen

Was nerdy for GTA SA experience, overhyped and wanting a pure experience. Now as an adult I just feel so bad for you guys who care this much about a video game.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
eWtB1.gif

Was nerdy for GTA SA experience, overhyped and wanting a pure experience. Now as an adult I just feel so bad for you guys who care this much about a video game.

Did you mean for that to come across as patronising as it did...? You realise that you are on NeoGAF, right?

Don't you go to the spoiler thread. Save yourself some sanity. I am overhyped now. OVERHYPED

I keep popping in there... can't... resist...

The_Monk

Morning y'all fellow GAFfers, just woke up and a saw the most WHAT .gif from this game, lol It has to be real.

I won't spoil it course even if I don't even know we can call it spoiler (NSFW).

If you think talking about framerate is a spoiler, then it's time to stop posting in this thread. :p

thanks duckroll! was hoping we'd get some clarification before this got too out of hand :p

As far as the 360 goes: Framerate's great! Rock solid 30. we've seen a variety of short clips in quite a few situations and the framerate was consistent in all.

As far as PS3 goes we've only seen a single one minute clip in which the framerate is solid there too. However, given that we've only seen a single clip, there's still room for evidence to the contrary in the case of other circumstances.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
so
60fps
? fucking awesome! i love you R* and Sony!

spoilered just in case

Not quite.

thanks duckroll! was hoping we'd get some clarification before this got too out of hand :p

As far as the 360 goes: Framerate's great! Rock solid 30. we've seen a variety of short clips in quite a few situations and the framerate was consistent in all.

As far as PS3 goes we've only seen a single one minute clip in which the framerate is solid there too. However, given that we've only seen a single clip, there's still room for evidence to the contrary in the case of other circumstances.

I'm happy. 360.... ASSEMBLE!

Zenka

Unconfirmed Member
Is the pre-load for the PSN copy back up yet? Tempted to grab the PSN copy but I wanna make sure I can play it as soon as it releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom