• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Bachelor party all weekend so for me it's 3 workdays between me and V.

Hrg98Hs.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
5 days before release actually. Dont believe people who say a few weeks thats just bullshit.

First reports of leaks appeared two full weeks before launch, Kotaku first reported about the leaks 5 days before release. The map leaked a whole month before release.

First reports of leaks appeared two full weeks before launch, Kotaku first reported about the leaks 5 days before release. The map leaked a whole month before release.

Didn't Rockstar put the map out when they relaunched the GTAIV website a month before launch? That's how I remember it.

And I don't recall footage until that one guy on JustinTV started streaming while driving an SUV and was quickly shut down a few minutes later. About 5 days pre-release.

A reminder to those that signed up for the PS3-GAF Gaming Age Family, there's also a spreadsheet you should sign. That's for filling out preferable play time, PSN name etc. You can PM me, WhatRobEats or LiquidMetal14 for a link.

Didn't Rockstar put the map out when they relaunched the GTAIV website a month before launch? That's how I remember it.

And I don't recall footage until that one guy on JustinTV started streaming while driving an SUV and was quickly shut down a few minutes later.

Yeah, my memory is that Rockstar had released the map well before the game came out. Similar to San Andreas.

Vico

Not that this helps, but I truely feel sorry for you. Stay strong, man.

It helps. Thanks.
You know, I'm finishing Mass Effect 3, right now, and I still haven't been spoiled, a year and half later. So... Who knows, maybe I'll win that GTAV battle too. :p

Hopefully this place won't be a minefield anymore. Bucket, great job making it clear to those dumb fucks posting leaked shit. Especially those who post it with "well this isn't really a spoiler, but...."

Anyways, in anticipation of GTAV, I decided to reinstall GTAIV on PC and finally got to try the IV:SA Mod. I'm really impressed with it, but I can't get it to stop crashing every few minutes. Nonetheless, got a few shots in for you guys to enjoy!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think I might get this game. I have zero hype for it, but it sounds kind of cool. Haven't played a GTA game since San Andreas like eight years ago.

Raptomex

So... Sunday night is the last night of sleep I'm getting until Tuesday night. And we're gonna hit OT2 before the game is released at the rate we're going. GTA hype = the ultimate hype.

dreamfall

Hopefully this place won't be a minefield anymore. Bucket, great job making it clear to those dumb fucks posting leaked shit. Especially those who post it with "well this isn't really a spoiler, but...."

Anyways, in anticipation of GTAV, I decided to reinstall GTAIV on PC and finally got to try the IV:SA Mod. I'm really impressed with it, but I can't get it to stop crashing every few minutes. Nonetheless, got a few shots in for you guys to enjoy!

Beautiful shots- that Vinewood sign one is impeccable.

I messed around with it for a bit- but similarly, it would crash every 10 minutes or so. Still those gang shootouts were hilarious- beautiful game.

I had zero hype for this game but just saw that Rhythm of the Night by Corona is in the games soundtrack. I might seriously buy this game just for that reason. I've never bought a game based off a song before but if there was a reason, this would be it.

Raptomex

I had zero hype for this game but just saw that Rhythm of the Night by Corona is in the games soundtrack. I might seriously buy this game just for that reason. I've never bought a game based off a song before but if there was a reason, this would be it.

I think I might get this game. I have zero hype for it, but it sounds kind of cool. Haven't played a GTA game since San Andreas like eight years ago.
You guys disgust me. Get out.

jk, hope you enjoy it

KePoW

Banned
GAF doesn't ever have problems with people posting malicious spoilers right?

Were there problems here for Bioshock Infinite?

Raptomex

Rockstar allowed the leaked map image according to GTAGaming. The only leak I know of which they approved of. I guess because it's not spoilery. I mean, SA and IV had the maps on the websites which were unveiled officially before the games.

Shit is getting real in here

I marathon'd through almost all of GTA IV this past week, I only have three missions left. I'm... not enjoying it as much as my first go around with it (though I still like it), yet here I am blazing through it at a much faster rate than in 2008 because my hype for V is too much. I'm sure once V comes out I'll never touch IV again.

Gangxxter

Good to see this thread spoiler free! I've only seen the (kinda blurry) map from the strategy guide, but that's it!
Will only read one online review and watch one review video of the game before going dark until the PC version comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom